Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC (8049 Views)

See The Kind Road Constructed By NDDC / video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo / 44 Projects Approved For Niger Delta Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by excell12go(m): 2:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
So I finally made Front page?? 1st tym in 5months..e no easy..oh lala lala grin
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
Repeal the NDDC Act, and scrap the damn NDDC and Ministry of Niger Delta abeg.

Drainpipes.
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by rozayx5(m): 2:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
Demdem and agbameta always relish these kind of threads, but on threads where the Government does well they are found wanting, instead of them to offer solutions they are busy running around shouting retardeeen . Shows the opposition followers are the same with their leaders embarassed
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by pxjosh(m): 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
One word: Hypocrisy
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by barikay: 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2013
@poster< This thread is very annoying. Don't let me travel to my village to post pictures of abandon projects by NDDC oooo?
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by Izontubo(m): 2:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
Development my foot....the NDDC body is as corrupt as any other blood sucking body in nigeria....the projects that are executed by NNDC are no where near the amount of monies that is being given for the contract....most times contracts awarded are abandoned half way,while sometimes the contracts are not even executed at all....

I hate them.......

1 Like

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by malc619(m): 2:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
NDDC is the most rotten and corrupt institution in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by otokx(m): 2:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
barikay: @poster< This thread is very annoying. Don't let me travel to my village to post pictures of abandon projects by NDDC oooo?

Please travel oooo.
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by ballabriggs: 2:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
Rubbish and nonsense. NDDC since inception has received over N2 trillion. Where has all the money gone? With abandoned projects from Abia to Cross River, this is the best you can come out with. Scrap the useless commission and Niger Delta Ministry, it is of no use to the average man in the Niger Delta.

2 Likes

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by Demdem(m): 2:54pm On Sep 20, 2013
rozayx5: Demdem and agbameta always relish these kind of threads, but on threads where the Government does well they are found wanting, instead of them to offer solutions they are busy running around shouting retardeeen . Shows the opposition followers are the same with their leaders embarassed

Goat, its this not a good thread to showcase NDDC acheivement? Or are u technically accepting that indeed NDDC is a failure?
Ur post really sound daft to be honest.

1 Like

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by trumpcoat(m): 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
Our Painting Contractors is a full-service painting contractor, proudly serving the entire Country. We've done many of residential and commercial projects, and are committed to quality workmanship for a fair price with a full guarantee. Our reputation has been built on our customers' satisfaction.

POP (Fixing & Casting)
Screeding & Painting
Interior/exterior decorating Paint
Spray (Polychrome) Texture
Wallpaper installation
Interior Decorate Paint
Fantastic durable EPOXY finishes on concrete floors, CMU, masonry, etc..
Texture coat ( Flexcote, Marble trowel, Matt, Satin) RESIST FUNGI/ALGAE, GROWTH & FIRE/HEAT RETARDANT

Whether your home needs an update inside or out, or your office needs a touch of color, we're the team you need to create the look you want at a competitive price. We provide complete, unparalleled service, from prep work to trim finishing. Our painters have the professional skills necessary to efficiently complete your project on time, and within budget.

080 2828 7950
trumpcoat@gmail.com
http://trumpcoat.gnbo.com.ng/
http://professionalpainter.gnbo.com.ng/

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by royalexcel2: 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2013
We are not hqppy with the way the NDDC has been managed since it's inception , worst of all was the past administration of Dr Chris Oboh and his cohorts , who just left office , We the Brave Niger Delta Youth , having seen the level of corrupt practices going on in NDDC as relates to development and empowerment of the Region , We instituted a suit chalanging the NDDC on the issue of Transparancy and management of fund starting from 2011 to 2012 , our case is coming up on october 9th at the FHC Abuja , we will expose the past administration of NDDC , and make sure they are used as example to detare others from towing the path of corruption in Niger Delta and Nigeria as a whole.
Comrade Princewill Orianwo .

1 Like

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by bknight: 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
Why do ppl show us newly constructed buildings &expect us to equate buildings to 'developments'?
Even the roads don't have drainages along them undecided

Fashola doesn't need to pay AIT to show us stuff like akpabio & rochas okorocha...now NDDC. How annoyingly partisan! angry
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by atlwireles: 3:54pm On Sep 20, 2013
IGBO-SON:
I think things like school blocks, rural roads and provision of boreholes; such things should have been left to the oil producing states and their 13% derivation! The NDDC should have focused its budget on massive world class projects like an inter-state rail system, seaports, 5-star tourist centres and Hospitals!

I have to agree with you on this point. The NDDC and the Nigerdelta ministry need to sit down and figure out a game plan, to finance massive infrastructures, that cut through the entire states in the region. Schools, hospitals and farm projects should remain state functions.
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by DaLover(m): 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
NDDC should be scrapped, no intervention agancy will ever achieve development of the niger delta, allow the communities to develop themselves, I wonder why we keep feeling our salvation lies in someone or some government.
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by Evestar200(f): 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
abandon NDDC projet in Edo statesad angry

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by atlwireles: 4:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
All those calling for repealing and scraping the NDDC and the Nigerdelta ministry are wasting their time, that is not going to happen. I will like to see this two, merged together and restricted to only inter state projects. The region needs an improved waterway system. An inter state rail system. Not classrooms and markets buildings, that are suppose to be function of local governments and state governments.
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by DaLover(m): 4:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
atlwireles:

I have to agree with you on this point. The NDDC and the Nigerdelta ministry need to sit down and figure out a game plan, to finance massive infrastructures, that cut through the entire states in the region. Schools, hospitals and farm projects should remain state functions.
State functions or LGA functions?
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by DaLover(m): 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
atlwireles: All those calling for repealing and scraping the NDDC and the Nigerdelta ministry are wasting their time, that is not going to happen. I will like to see this two, merged together and restricted to only inter state projects. The region needs an improved waterway system. An inter state rail system. Not classrooms and markets buildings, that are suppose to be function of local governments and state governments.

it makes sence, but the question of how it is funded comes into play,
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by Evestar200(f): 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
GIVE US QUALITY PROJETS LIKE THIS :PNOR BE ONLY POLITHIEFTIANS LIKE BETTA THINGS cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by atlwireles: 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
DaLover: NDDC should be scrapped, no intervention agancy will ever achieve development of the niger delta, allow the communities to develop themselves, I wonder why we keep feeling our salvation lies in someone or some government.

Then the government has to hands off the resources. How do you want them to develop themselves, after you have confiscated all their resources, polluted their farmlands and rivers in the name of the land use act. Nobody is seeking salvation from government, but government seems bent on sending the Nigerdeltans to hell.
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by tutu1: 4:10pm On Sep 20, 2013
what a waste see those rubbish foot paths they call roads, no drainage that just so sad, this ministry should be scrapped Naija Delta people should hold their face in shame with all the billions gotten they cant even help themselves
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by atlwireles: 4:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
DaLover:

it makes sence, but the question of how it is funded comes into play,

The current monies allocated to them can be a good starting point. The states in zone can also help with funding. Also the PIB is setting aside another 10% for community reinvestment . That can be used to drive meaningful inter state projects in the zone, than this nonsense currently prevailing at the NDDC and the Nigerdelta ministry.
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by Demdem(m): 4:23pm On Sep 20, 2013
[b]Throwing monies to problems every now and then does not necessary mean the problem will be solved.
So far, the ND region receives the most money than any other region currently.
Starting from states allocation to 13% derivation to huge interventions from NDDC, ministry of Niger delta and even oil companies interventions. Of cos not to forget the billions on amnesty and even undocumented monies.
The question is with all these interventions which is far more than any region currently what has the people got to showcase? Are they better of? Can we justify the amount spent on ND so far.
Let ND justify what has been given so far and see me in the fore front of those advocating for nothing less than 50%.
Money isn't the problem in ND, already there is abundance, the problem is their leaders.
Focus more on ur leaders who are by far ur greatest enemies than a distant FG.
The FG has been extremely fair to ND since 1999. That's a fact but has the people been fair to themselves? That should be the main question here.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by atlwireles: 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
Demdem: [b]Throwing monies to problems every now and then does not necessary mean the problem will be solved.
So far, the ND region receives the most money than any other region currently.
Starting from states allocation to 13% derivation to huge interventions from NDDC, ministry of Niger delta and even oil companies interventions. Of cos not to forget the billions on amnesty and even undocumented monies.
The question is with all these interventions which is far more than any region currently what has the people got to showcase? Are they better of? Can we justify the amount spent on ND so far.
Let ND justify what has been given so far and see me in the fore front of those advocating for nothing less than 50%.
Money isn't the problem in ND, already there is abundance, the problem is their leaders.
Focus more on ur leaders who are by far ur greatest enemies than a distant FG.
The FG has been extremely fair to ND since 1999. That's a fact but has the people been fair to themselves? That should be the main question here.[/b]

It will be quite unfair and factually untrue to say the region has not seen massive development in the last 10yrs. Remember the 13% derivation did not come into full force till 2003, the NDDC and Nigerdelta ministry started receiving cash backed allocation in 2008. The Nigerdelta of 1999 and the Nigerdelta of 2013 is without and doubt not the same place. Those advocating for 50% minimum revenue allocation, is because of the solid principle of resource control. There's something call fiscal federalism and some of us want to see this principle applied in this country. I hope the day will come when states in Nigeria keep 87% of their vat taxes, Petroleum taxes, minerals royalties, payee taxes etc and remit 13% to Abuja. It should never be the other way round. Then people will have reasons to hold their local representative accountable, than this hybrid rubbish we have now.

1 Like

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by gratiaeo(m): 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2013
I saw most of this pictures on list of Amaechi / Akpabio achievements
The day of reckoning is fast approaching
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by hopilo: 5:19pm On Sep 20, 2013
They only pay contractors the have intrest in the job. Mostly big jobs. My small water I do for the they have not mobilsed not to talk of payment. Job 80% done IPC raised 2years now, no payment cos big shots no get intrest. Last board wey go no try, make this acting woman pay I take God beg am. Na borrowed money ooooo
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by Gbemmyxal(f): 6:05pm On Sep 20, 2013
Dis is either sponsored, or the OP is simply unaware of what is truly going on with/in the NDDC. My opinion doh.
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by Demdem(m): 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
atlwireles:

It will be quite unfair and factually untrue to say the region has not seen massive development in the last 10yrs. Remember the 13% derivation did not come into full force till 2003, the NDDC and Nigerdelta ministry stared receiving cash backed allocation in 2008. The Nigerdelta of 1999 and the Nigerdelta of 2013 is without and doubt not the same place. Those advocating for 50% minimum revenue is on the solid grounds of resource control. There's something call fiscal federalism and some of us want to see this principle applied in this country. I hope the day will come when states in Nigeria keep 87% of their vat taxes, Petroleum taxes, minerals royalties, payee taxes etc and remit 13% to Abuja. It should never be the other way round. Then people will have a reason to hold their local representative accountable, than this hybrid rubbish we have now.
[b]
There is no region in Nigeria that is the same like it was ten years ago. It's fair to say that all at least move a step ahead. The issue here is has the Niger delta trully gotten true value for their money? No region has but what makes ND interesting its that its currently well funded than the rest as at today.
I have no problem with resource control but I fear that this same rot will persist if granted. Now that "few" monies are given to ur leaders, u are having difficulties questioning them, is it when u make them Gods with more resource control that u will find ur voice.
SW is doing far more in Nigeria today in questioning their leaders and that explains why their leaders are much more accountable than their peers. ND peeps needs to wake up and question the likes of Udaughan.
For example, am here in PH and my local govt is obia Akpor. I think after lagos island LGA, obia Akpor is the next funded lga in Nigeria and yet I can pin point just one single impactable project from them. Believe u me, leadership problem is the bane here and not resources.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by agbameta: 6:51pm On Sep 20, 2013
Nigerian accused of 'juju' theft

Sam Edem, chairman of the Niger Delta Development Commission, is accused of taking $6.8m (£3.4m) of state money.

He has been charged with theft and criminal conspiracy by a court who heard he spent millions on black magic.

Police allege in one ritual he burned millions of naira and rubbed the ash on his body. "We believe that this is money from the Nigerian government, money that should have been used to develop the Niger Delta," Police Commissioner Ali Amodu said

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7572979.stm

NDDC money is is personal money and these clowns spends it at will all day everyday...
Re: Development In The Niger Delta Region By NDDC by agbameta: 7:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
How do you even get any form of credible development in the delta when half of 8 years budgets, allocation, taxes and derivations landed in Ibori's personal accounts all over the world.?

His brother the acting governor is on the same track

Alams in Bayelsa took it futher by looting every penny while the current Aso Rock dullard as his deputy acted dumb by l;ooking the other way, or maybe they looted the whole thing together hencwe the clown not publicly disclosing what's in his personal accounts...

The same dullard as the deputy and acting governor didn't build one single classroom in Bayelsa

Odili dind't carry last, he looted unrestarained, sylva and Dickson are also looters INC.

The whole region is looters INC.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Elections Are Held 100 Times , Mark Will Always Win -PDP Tells Onjeh / What If We Bring Back The Whites To Nigeria? / When A Headgirl Is Given The Job Of A School Principal - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.