Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna (19583 Views)

Governor Ugwuanyi Observing The 3Day Fasting Declared In Enugu (pics) / Governor Yero Imposes 24 Hour Curfew In Kaduna / Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by eluquenson(m): 5:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
The Kaduna State Government has declared a 24-hour curfew in Kafanchan, Kaduna State, following bloody fighting between ethnic indigene groups in Southern Kaduna and settler elements of Hausa-Fulani dwelling in the area. In a telephone interview with our New York office, a security source told SaharaReporters that at least five persons were killed in the fighting.  
The bloody clash was also confirmed by an elderly Yoruba resident of Kafanchan, an otherwise quiescent town that used to be known as a railway hub. The man said the assaults flared up again yesterday, after armed soldiers had earlier quelled a skirmish last Sunday.
The security operative disclosed that indigenes of Southern Kaduna and Hausa-Fulani youths engaged in a free-for-all fight using machetes, spears and a few guns. Apart from the dead, many people also sustained varying degrees of injury. 

The source said, “I can confirm to you that attacks started yesterday between the indigenes and settlers. And several people were killed before [the] government declared 24 hours curfew today. As we speak, we are in the streets patrolling and all residents are now indoors.”
T
he security agent said yesterday’s attack appeared to be reprisals for the death of a young man who was killed last Sunday. 
SaharaReporters could not reach the Kaduna State Police Commissioner, Mr. Olufemi Adenaike. However, a police officer in Kaduna said the commissioner and military authorities in Kaduna had deployed troops to the trouble spots to strengthen security and contain any threats that might escalate attacks.

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/breaking-news-24-hour-curfew-declared-southern-kaduna-scores-killed-indigenes-settlers-cla

2 Likes

Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by magaliyu(f): 5:57pm On Sep 20, 2013
End time thing.

1 Like

Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by ugotuf(m): 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
Another security palava
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by uist: 6:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
Declaring 24-hour curfew, would solve the problem. Na waooo
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by asagal(f): 6:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
God hlp my country
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by zibi2(m): 6:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
Goodluck Jonathan is Working his on top of the situation. grin

1 Like

Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
Space booked ***coming back to comment----
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Kelklein(m): 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2013

18 Likes

Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by ksusi: 6:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
How
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by dheaven: 6:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
Nigeria should disintegrate for peace to rain

6 Likes

Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by mu2sa2: 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
The casualty figure of the dead is certainly an understatement . These clashes are likely to happen again and again as long as you have large numbers of jobless youth lounging about doing nothing and political leaders are only interested in misappropriating public funds.
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by androidFather: 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
142 corpses recovered after Boko Haram highway massacre
I'm sure you guys have been reading about all the killings perpetuated by Boko Haram in the past few days in the Northern part of the country. They are going to homes, highways and just killing people. Just yesterday 142 bodies were discovered and evacuated from the highway and surrounding bushes in Borno state by officials of the Borno State Environmental Protection Agency (BOSEPA) after travelers were ambushed, removed from their cars and killed on the Maiduguri/Damaturu highway on Tuesday Sept 17th by Boko Haram members who dressed up as soldiers and set up checkpoints.

read more here
http://g-loaded..com/2013/09/142-corpses-recovered-after-boko-haram.html
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by eluquenson(m): 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
dheaven: Nigeria should disintegrate for peace to rain

How well are you prepared for that?
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by rhames(m): 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
There is a clear difference between a Hausa man and a Fulani man.
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ok I'm nat gonna say it

I'm still not gonna say it

Or should I? cheesy

END TIME THINGZZ grin

2 Likes

Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
This has always been Nigerian tradition about the aftermath of every crisis...
Just like a cycle, after a while when the security beef up is relaxed, (((Boom))) another crisis sets in and there goes another fruitless curfew...

Why can't a definable security mechanism be put in place to check mate all unwanted sh*ts.
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Hamazz1: 6:19pm On Sep 20, 2013
Sometimes the rate of intolerance in this country is spectacular.but I don't blame them the incompetence of our security agencies makes people thing is much more easier to take laws into there hands n practice jungle justice than go through legal channels.the u.s has described Nigeria as a failing state when citizens loose confidence in there govt this kind of issues hold sway.obviously Nigeria is to vast n complex for gej to manage we can put up with him from now till 2015 but he should pls do nigerians a favor n not seek reelection....

1 Like

Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Realdeals(m): 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2013
when will peace reign! Neighbours fighting each other
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by VirginFinder: 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2013
Why does everyone dislike the Hausa/Fulani?

Southern presidency is really liberating all Nigerians especially minorities in the north who have been under the feet of the Hausa Fulani for so long.

GEJ should continue till 2019 so that all Nigerians will be truly equal.

#teamfreshair

6 Likes

Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by chi4ik(m): 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
zibi2: Goodluck Jonathan is Working his on top of the situation. grin
Ode what connect GEJ with this crisis? Enemy of progress

1 Like

Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by airfinance(m): 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
it is only in nigeria that when something happens that the security operatives are pushed out,why are they not always at alert to prevent break out of violence?
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by airfinance(m): 6:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
it is only in nigeria that when something happens that the security operatives are pushed out,why are they not always at alert to prevent break out of violence?hia
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by eluquenson(m): 6:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
androidFather: 142 corpses recovered after [b]Boko Haram highway massacre[/b]
I'm sure you guys have been reading about all the killings perpetuated by Boko Haram in the past few days in the Northern part of the country. They are going to homes, highways and just killing people. Just yesterday 142 bodies were discovered and evacuated from the highway and surrounding bushes in Borno state by officials of the Borno State Environmental Protection Agency (BOSEPA) after travelers were ambushed, removed from their cars and killed on the Maiduguri/Damaturu highway on Tuesday Sept 17th by [b]Boko Haram [/b]members who dressed up as soldiers and set up checkpoints.

read more here
http://g-loaded..com/2013/09/142-corpses-recovered-after-boko-haram.html
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by gdino2008: 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
It is cristal clare that Nigerians has lost total confidence in Govt. Therefore, it will be best if the country disintigrate; may be this might be the solution for the wellbeing of the masses.

1 Like

Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by penzino(m): 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ur report states southern kaduna like its d whole southern kaduna.... Stop creating unnecesary panick abeg!!!

2 Likes

Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by curtain: 6:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
Earlier today boko harams hideout in apo legislative quaters abuja was discovered which followed with a gun battle, now its another crisis at kafanchan, may God disintergrate this country and grant us peace from our enemies of progress. SNC in mind.

2 Likes

Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Geeeee3: 6:53pm On Sep 20, 2013
it is true, we have been trapped indoors from 9pm yesternight. We just hope we find a lasting peace.
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Hero10001: 6:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
O Kafanchan City! my sweet Play-ground!!
Why na??
I served (NYSC) 2011/12 in Kagoro area of South Kaduna which is a few km from Kafanchan,.

I can confirm that the major problem there is caused by HAUSA-FULANI men cos
South Kaduna including Kafanchan is a full-Christian area.
However, I enjoyed my service year in there; (Lagos boy na)
"Dog meat" on mondays@ Mallagun. Bussa drink on Tuesdays@ Samaru. Burukutu and Palm-wine on wednesdays after CDS,@ Tum.
Pork meat on Thursdays@ Tunga.
Night-Clubbing on Fridays@ New-world hotels.
Sundays?!! Winners Chapel@ Kagoro.

There are security men at every junction(ARMY n Police)
but there's always tension of FULANI-HAUSA men arriving anytime through the bushes.
We normally sleep with "one eye open" and always good to go in a 7/7 dressing(not like Lagos otondos)..
I always move around with My lagos fares cos e fit happen anytime.
I thank God i came back to Lag safely.
Dunno when to visit North again.
Anyways R.i.p to the dead..

7 Likes

Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
Fulani and Hausas Muslims are blood thirsty jihadist bent on implementing their sharia grip.

3 Likes

Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by ChemicalMallam(m): 7:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by ifeelgood: 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
As long as the word ethnic group remain in this country peace will remain scarce.
Re: 24-hour Curfew Declared In Southern Kaduna by hebex12(m): 7:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
Husa 2dy boko 2maro next religious crisis wen diz nation go ave rest sef.maybe na dname dey affect us cuz na all africa colonise country change der name exsept nigja

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sokoto Residents Storm Streets With Brooms, Shovels To Collect 1m / 2017 Fiscal Sustainability Index Of States In Nigeria - BudgIT / Primaries: 272 Senators, Reps May Not Return In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.