Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,027 members, 7,810,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju (1668 Views)

Obasanjo Will Die, Ibb Will Have Stroke, Fayose Will Be Impeached–Pro Olagunju / Why Jonathan Fired IGP, Suleiman Abba / REVEALED!!!: Why Jonathan Fired Minister Of Youth Development Talatu Usman !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by Controversy: 6:33am On Sep 21, 2013
By Soni Daniel, Regional Editor, North
Indications emerged last night President Goodluck Jonathan was uncomfortable with his dwindling political fortunes in the National Assembly despite the control of the two chambers of the national legislature by his party.
Presidential sources hinted Saturday Vanguard that Jonathan was particularly irked by the show of shame that erupted on the floor of the House of Representatives earlier in the week as a result of the face off between his supporters and opponents in the PDP, which broke into two last month.

Senator Joy Emodi

There have been reports that a fat sum of money, which was meant to be disbursed to sympathetic lawmakers was not properly distributed thereby infuriating those who made the money available.
Some lawmakers were said to have receive a paltry $25,000 instead of $100,000 said to have been earmarked for them.
The wrong application of the money is said to have been partly responsible for the free-for-all on the floor of the House of Representatives during the week.
The source said that Jonathan was compelled to fire his Special Adviser on National Assembly Matters, Sen. Joy Emordi, because of her perceived weakness and inability to influence the lawmakers in his favour.
The Presidency is said to have complained that Emordi had not been able to exert her position on the legislature and attract the requisite respect and support from majority of the members for Jonathan since her engagement about two years ago.
Presidential strategists pondered why the ‘opponents’ of the President appeared to be gaining more attention in the NASS in spite of the position of Emordi and hordes of other officials working for the President.
A source said, “It is clear to Mr. President that Emordi’s presence has not earned him the needed leverage in the legislature as many members continue to work against his interest despite the fact that they are from the dame party.
“She (Emordi) has clearly demonstrated through a lack-lustre perforce that she cannot build the required bridge between the President and the lawmakers and she had to go,” the source said.
It was learnt last night that the Presidency was already shopping for a more fiery northern politician, who would not only be able to attract the necessary political clout but also be able to mobilise support for the President.
Olagunju on the other hand is said to have failed to move NEPAD from its precarious state since his appointment and had to be booted out by the Presidency.
“NEPAD under Olagunju was dead and was only waiting for its final burial,” a source in the agency lamented, saying that the man had even outlived his usefulness.
Reacting to the development yesterday, Senator Joy Emodi in between receiving calls from serving legislators and well wishers expressed thanks to the president and the legislators for the support given her in the course of her assignment.
“I thank the president and all the legislators for the opportunity given to me to work with them.”
Senator Emodi was appointed to the position in 2011 and walked the difficult path of forging cordiality between the administration and the often skeptical National Assembly. 
She was able to win the confidence of the legislators despite the hard feelings felt towards some elements in the administration.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/why-jonathan-fired-emordi-olagunju/
Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by theplanmaker: 6:46am On Sep 21, 2013
I guess Emordi and co were just victims if circumstances
Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 21, 2013
Emordi did her best within the circumstance. She was neither responsible for the defeat of the PDP candidate for the position of speaker of house of reps nor in the creation of the illegal newPDP. There are interest on all sides and most of these interests CANNOT even be bought with money. For instance, who can out-spend the Amaechi in the ongoing battle? A northerner, may win one or two more disciples, but overall may not fair any better in that position under the same circumstance.

More like the far north are using blackmail, terror and dirty politics to win back many positions in govt, hitherto occupied by people from other parts of the country. They have since cornered the position of National Security Adviser because of Boko Haram. But even after they got that position, not much changed on ground. Boko Haram continued doing their thing.

Emordi may have been sacrificed so as to bring in someone that will not only perform what she currently does in the NASS but also bring to the table some political influence in his home state. More like killing two birds with one stone.

The Vanguard report this time is nothing but beer parlour gossips. I could have done a better job for them in analysing the situation.

Note: Emordi joined the GEJ govt through APGA, on the back of APGA support for GEJ in 2011 elections. Although she later defected back to PDP (she was formerly in PDP before she moved to APGA). So I dont know what she'll do next now.
Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Emordi did her best within the circumstance. She was neither responsible for the defeat of the PDP candidate for the position of speaker of house of reps nor in the creation of the illegal newPDP. There are interest on all sides and most of these interests CANNOT even be bought with money. For instance, who can out-spend the Amaechi in the ongoing battle? A northerner, may win one or two more disciples, but overall may not fair any better in that position under the same circumstance.

More like the far north are using blackmail, terror and dirty politics to win back many positions in govt, hitherto occupied by people from other parts of the country. They have since cornered the position of National Security Adviser because of Boko Haram. But even after they got that position, not much changed on ground. Boko Haram continued doing their thing.

Emordi may have been sacrificed so as to bring in someone that will not only perform what she currently does in the NASS but also bring to the table some political influence in his home state. More like killing two birds with one stone.

The Vanguard report this time is nothing but beer parlour gossips. I could have done a better job for them in analysing the situation.

Note: Emordi joined the GEJ govt through APGA, on the back of APGA support for GEJ in 2011 elections. Although she later defected back to PDP (she was formerly in PDP before she moved to APGA). So I dont know what she'll do next now.
What are you saying Mister? See below the reason she was sacked! Stop trying to make a fool of yourself as early as 7.28am.

The source said that Jonathan was
compelled to fire his Special Adviser on
National Assembly Matters, Sen. Joy
Emordi, because of her perceived
weakness and inability to influence the
lawmakers in his favour.
Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by PehaKaso: 7:56am On Sep 21, 2013
Prez GEJ should note dat d North wants his office & notin more. No body can appease them. Good analysis there @Sincere 9gerian
Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by softwareman(m): 8:06am On Sep 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Emordi did her best within the circumstance. She was neither responsible for the defeat of the PDP candidate for the position of speaker of house of reps nor in the creation of the illegal newPDP. There are interest on all sides and most of these interests CANNOT even be bought with money. For instance, who can out-spend the Amaechi in the ongoing battle? A northerner, may win one or two more disciples, but overall may not fair any better in that position under the same circumstance.

Your analysis only goes to validate what most people already know about jonathan 's leadership style. If according to you, his policy of always placating the north is not working and even counter productive, why then does he keep doing it? What kind of a leader sacrifices a loyal hardworking subordinate for selfish political goals.

It is this kind of indecisiveness , weakness and desperation that cheapens Jonathan before friends and foe alike. As it stands, most people around Jonathan are manipulating him for their own selfish agenda.
He has lost the respect his office deserves because everybody can see that he is indecisive and can easily be swayed from a particular line of action as it is always clear he does not carry the conviction of his action.

Jonathan's flaw to me is very fundamental that I know he is not the kind of leader the country needs at this time. If will be sincere, you will see that he already lost control of his wife, his party and the country.

Lastly, I want to confess something to you, you might not believe me, but I use to be an ardent Jonathan supporter. I voted for him in 2011 even though I hate PDP with a passion. I am not opposing him because of his tribe or region.

Jonathan lost me when I saw his leadership and management style will lead to disaster eventually for all concerned. I pray he changes if he can.

3 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 21, 2013
Joy, welcome home sis. You have made us proud, though negatively, by enriching your pocket fraudulently. I pray Peter Obi makes you his special adviser on Agulu vigilante Service. Idiooooot undecided
Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by Pukkah: 8:44am On Sep 21, 2013
software man:
If will be sincere, you will see that he already lost control of his wife, his party and the country.

Damn!
Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 21, 2013
software man:
Your analysis only goes to validate what most people already know about jonathan 's leadership style. If according to you, his policy of always placating the north is not working and even counter productive, why then does he keep doing it? What kind of a leader sacrifices a loyal hardworking subordinate for selfish political goals.

It is this kind of indecisiveness , weakness and desperation that cheapens Jonathan before friends and foe alike. As it stands, most people around Jonathan are manipulating him for their own selfish agenda.
He has lost the respect his office deserves because everybody can see that he is indecisive and can easily be swayed from a particular line of action as it is always clear he does not carry the conviction of his action.

Jonathan's flaw to me is very fundamental that I know he is not the kind of leader the country needs at this time. If will be sincere, you will see that he already lost control of his wife, his party and the country.

Lastly, I want to confess something to you, you might not believe me, but I use to be an ardent Jonathan supporter. I voted for him in 2011 even though I hate PDP with a passion. I am not opposing him because of his tribe or region.

Jonathan lost me when I saw his leadership and management style will lead to disaster eventually for all concerned. I pray he changes if he can.
Save those confessions for the dogs. No one cares where you stood yesterday. What matters is what you stand for today.

If you ask me, your position now lacks objectivity. You'r overly sentimental and emotional.

If truely you supported GEJ in early 2011 or 2010, what changed between then and late 2011 (or whenever you changed your mind) when you changed position to become one of fiercest critics? Did his nose suddenly grow longer or what? I'm sure if we ask you why you now hate or oppose him, all you'll do will be to reel out falsehood and half-truths.

No human being is perfect but this president has done far more than his predecessors.

Even the free and fair elections alone surpases ANY achievement by ANY regime in the history of Nigeria. It has multiplier effect and it is the NUMBER ONE dividend of democracy, which Nigerians never knew since independence.

In case you dont know, the achievements of your southwest governors which you celebrate on NL have its root, partly, in the free and fair election policy. It is no longer 'baba so pe' (godfather said) that determines who is elected. It is now largely PERFORMANCE.

Consequently, while in the past all we saw was 90% politics and less than 10% governance, what we now see is atleast 60% governance and less than 40% politics. Politicians now compete for TV air time to show case their achievements. That was not happening in the past. We now have pre-election debates (or atleast it is now taken more seriously) unlike before. Furthermore, free and fair elections gives the people sense of belonging and psychological satisfaction. The people of Imo will feel good that they elected Rochas and that he was not imposed by forces from Abuja or United Nations. Same for Oshiomole and other governors elected under this current dispensation. People have the right to elect either a good man or criminal to govern them. That right should not be taken away under any guise.

At moment, NONE of the governors (including those posturing themselves as "progressives" or potential candidates for the presidency) have had the courage of replicating this culture of free and fair elections at the local council polls. That is SAD and it should be a source of worry for everyone of us, including you.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by patimore: 8:51am On Sep 21, 2013

this one na biography cheesy
Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by Controversy: 8:57am On Sep 21, 2013
This is the type of politics we do in Nigeria where all these rogues and animals in human skin control our money as if is their father's property mainly for their self perpetuation in office and political interest. The wrath of God will continue to visit all of those who continue to make Nigerians suffer in the mist of plenty just because they rigged themselves into office and also all those who support them and sympathized with them. May they know no peace in their lives. Nigerian are dying daily from preventable causes and these useless idiots in Abuja are doing nothing but sharing money that is supposed to be used for our collective welfare? Death, destruction and confusion shall continue to be their portion....
Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by softwareman(m): 9:11am On Sep 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Save those confessions for the dogs. No one cares where you stood yesterday. What matters is what you stand for today.

If you ask me, your position now lacks objectivity. You'r overly sentimental and emotional.

If truely you supported GEJ in early 2011 or 2010, what changed between then and late 2011 (or whenever you changed your mind) when you changed position to become one of fiercest critics? Did his nose suddenly grow longer or what? I'm sure if we ask you why you now hate or oppose him, all you'll do will be to reel out falsehood and half-truths.

No human being is perfect but this president has done far more than his predecessors.

Even the free and fair elections alone surpases ANY achievement by ANY regime in the history of Nigeria. It has multiplier effect and it is the NUMBER ONE dividend of democracy, which Nigerians never knew since independence.

In case you dont know, the achievements of your southwest governors which you celebrate on NL have its root, partly, in the free and fair election policy. It is no longer 'baba so pe' (godfather said) that determines who is elected. It is now largely PERFORMANCE.

Consequently, while in the past all we saw was 90% politics and less than 10% governance, what we now see is atleast 60% governance and less than 40% politics. Politicians now compete for TV air time to show case their achievements. That was not happening in the past. We now have pre-election debates (or atleast it is now taken more seriously) unlike before. Furthermore, free and fair elections gives the people sense of belonging and psychological satisfaction. The people of Imo will feel good that they elected Rochas and that he was not imposed by forces from Abuja or United Nations. Same for Oshiomole and other governors elected under this current dispensation. People have the right to elect either a good man or criminal to govern them. That right should not be taken away under any guise.

At moment, NONE of the governors (including those posturing themselves as "progressives" or potential candidates for the presidency) have had the courage of replicating this culture of free and fair elections at the local council polls. That is SAD and it should be a source of worry for everyone of us, including you.
Every time I read your many posts defending Jonathan, I always can not help shaking my head vigorously. Honestly, if you are actually being paid to do this, if I was Jonathan, I will sack you because you always do a lousy job.

To start with my contribution was focused on Jonathan's leadership and managerial style and I used the topic of the thread as one example from several to underscore the fact that jonathan flaw is very fundamental and deep. Instead of addressing the points I raised you went on wild goose chase of irrelevance and incoherence.

Read again. The reason Jonathan lost me was clearly stated in my post. The quality of a president achievement depends on his leadership and managerial style . That is where everything else derives from.

3 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by Controversy: 9:26am On Sep 21, 2013
Controversy:

There have been reports that a fat sum of money, which was meant to be disbursed to sympathetic lawmakers was not properly distributed thereby infuriating those who made the money available.
Some lawmakers were said to have receive a paltry $25,000 instead of $100,000 said to have been earmarked for them.
The wrong application of the money is said to have been partly responsible for the free-for-all on the floor of the House of Representatives during the week.
The source said that Jonathan was compelled to fire his Special Adviser on National Assembly Matters, Sen. Joy Emordi, because of her perceived weakness and inability to influence the lawmakers in his favour.
The Presidency is said to have complained that Emordi had not been able to exert her position on the legislature and attract the requisite respect and support from majority of the members for Jonathan since her engagement about two years ago.
Presidential strategists pondered why the ‘opponents’ of the President appeared to be gaining more attention in the NASS in spite of the position of Emordi and hordes of other officials working for the President.
A source said, “It is clear to Mr. President that Emordi’s presence has not earned him the needed leverage in the legislature as many members continue to work against his interest despite the fact that they are from the dame party.
“She (Emordi) has clearly demonstrated through a lack-lustre perforce that she cannot build the required bridge between the President and the lawmakers and she had to go,” the source said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/why-jonathan-fired-emordi-olagunju/
Has there ever been any serious debate in the floors of the two chambers bothering on national issues that directly affect the masses? Have they ever fought like the animals they always show us they are, if not when there are some political or financial benefits. I believed in GEJ and voted for his perceived innocence, but it seems that he now wears bigger political "shoes" in the style characterstic of Nigerian democracy. Our youths are at home, wasting away their young and youthful life, and our leders are doing nothing but fight for thier pockets, inclding our president. Why has no law maker raised the ASUU-FG stalemate as an urgent matter of national interest? If the story is true - and i dont see why it cant be - we are talking of NGN 162 million naira to each of the receipients. And how many of them are in the list? To what cause is this money going? That is about the average salary of a university professor, for about 22 years. Or the monthly salary of 270 professors!!! Yet the presidency through the Finance Minister, had the impetus to tell NIgrians that Nigeria would crumble should the FG honour itself and meet ASUU's demands. In my opinion GEJ shoud vacate the state house in 2015, and stop trying to justify further the dose of mediocrity that his administration has already served NIgeria and Nigerians. He has shown that he was not prepared for what came to him. Mind you I'm Igbo, but can't support evil
Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by Desric(m): 9:42am On Sep 21, 2013
berem: What are you saying Mister? See below the reason she was sacked! Stop trying to make a fool of yourself as early as 7.28am.

The source said that Jonathan was
compelled to fire his Special Adviser on
National Assembly Matters, Sen. Joy
Emordi, because of her perceived
weakness and inability to influence the
lawmakers in his favour.
And what do you think Senator Emordi or any other person should have done differently amidst the circumstances that's being playing in NA, the interests in the National Assembly is beyond what she or anyone can manage, and mind you that some goods are not saleable. Sincere 9jrian is very correct in his analysis, GEJ will gradually hand-over power to the north as he sees them as those who will perform the needed magic for his 2015 ambition but ask yourself, since he ceded the CSO to the north, what remarkable achievement has he gotten? Maybe the last to be handed over will be the presidency come 2015.
Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 21, 2013
Controversy:
Has there ever been any serious debate in the floors of the two chambers bothering on national issues that directly affect the masses? Have they ever fought like the animals they always show us they are, if not when there are some political or financial benefits. I believed in GEJ and voted for his perceived innocence, but it seems that he now wears bigger political "shoes" in the style characterstic of Nigerian democracy. Our youths are at home, wasting away their young and youthful life, and our leders are doing nothing but fight for thier pockets, inclding our president. Why has no law maker raised the ASUU-FG stalemate as an urgent matter of national interest? If the story is true - and i dont see why it cant be - we are talking of NGN 162 million naira to each of the receipients. And how many of them are in the list? To what cause is this money going? That is about the average salary of a university professor, for about 22 years. Or the monthly salary of 270 professors!!! Yet the presidency through the Finance Minister, had the impetus to tell NIgrians that Nigeria would crumble should the FG honour itself and meet ASUU's demands. In my opinion GEJ shoud vacate the state house in 2015, and stop trying to justify further the dose of mediocrity that his administration has already served NIgeria and Nigerians. He has shown that he was not prepared for what came to him. Mind you I'm Igbo, but can't support evil
Yeye! No one needs your tribe. State your position and move on. You'r Igbo, and so what? Is GEJ Igbo? Those Igbos, yorubas, Ijaws, hausas,etc that support the president, do they all do so because of their tribe? And how do we confirm you'r Igbo? Simply take your word on the surface? Nonsense!

Your attempt to blackmail the president because of ASUU strike is null and void. The govt has moved in from day one to make ASUU return to work, including putting N130billion on the table, all to no avail. Even last Friday, the Vice President of the republic met with ASUU all in a bid to bring an end to the strike. We can only compare what we see now with has been. When in the history of the country has any govt put lump sum on the table to address the issues raised by ASUU? When doctors went on strike in Lagos, what was the response of APC led govt? Were the doctors not all sacked?
Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 21, 2013
software man:
Every time I read your many posts defending Jonathan, I always can not help shaking my head vigorously. Honestly, if you are actually being paid to do this, if I was Jonathan, I will sack you because you always do a lousy job.

To start with my contribution was focused on Jonathan's leadership and managerial style and I used the topic of the thread as one example from several to underscore the fact that jonathan flaw is very fundamental and deep. Instead of addressing the points I raised you went on wild goose chase of irrelevance and incoherence.

Read again. The reason Jonathan lost me was clearly stated in my post. The quality of a president achievement depends on his leadership and managerial style . That is where everything else derives from.
Olodo! And who pays you for your die hard opposition to the FG on this forum? Tinubu or Buhari? Who pays you for all the negative articles you copy and paste on this forum?

I derive satisfaction from my position on this forum. I stand for positives, progress and development of my country, led by GEJ at the moment. Other nations did not develop by pulling down their president. I will not join in pulling down this president. I will support him to succeed and assess him in 2015. You can continue your devilish work for your evil pay masters.

Meanwhile, the reasons you gave for hating this president are senseless, porous and ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by Controversy: 10:44am On Sep 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Yeye! No one needs your tribe. State your position and move on. You'r not Igbo, and so what? Is GEJ Igbo? Those Igbos, yorubas, Ijaws, hausas,etc that support the president, do they all do so because of their tribe? And how do we confirm you'r Igbo? Simply take your word on the surface? Nonsense!

Your attempt to blackmail the president because of ASUU strike is null and void. The govt has moved in from day one to make ASUU return to work, including putting N130billion on the table, all to no avail. Even last Friday, the Vice President of the republic met with ASUU all in a bid to bring an end to the strike. We can only compare what we see now with has been. When in the history of the country has any govt put lump sum on the table to address the issues raised by ASUU? When doctors went on strike in Lagos, what was the response of APC led govt? Were the doctors not all sacked?
Blackmail and name's calling will neither solve the problem at hand
GEJ have lost it that's the point I'm making
Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by emmatok(m): 10:58am On Sep 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Olodo! And who pays you for your die hard opposition to the FG on this forum? Tinubu or Buhari? Who pays you for all the negative articles you copy and paste on this forum?

I derive satisfaction from my position on this forum. I stand for positives, progress and development of my country, led by GEJ at the moment. Other nations did not develop by pulling down their president. I will not join in pulling down this president. I will support him to succeed and assess him in 2015. You can continue your devilish work for your evil pay masters.

Meanwhile, the reasons you gave for hating this president are senseless, porous and ridiculous.

Why fight everybody over GEJ issues.
You are going extremely bad with these your politics.
Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2013
software man:

thank you for your vote in 2011

in 2015 give your vote to Buhari/tinubu/ribabu/elrufai or who ever suits your fancy.

The best way to prove to you that you are wrong is to let u have your way.
Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2013
emmatok:

Why fight everybody over GEJ issues.
You are going extremely bad with these your politics.
You should be asking those fighting me for standing for something on NL.
Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by blkmum700: 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2013
Some weeks ago,GEJ was accusing nigerans of encoranging corruption and trying to buy sentors with $100,000 is discouraging corruption in his dictionary.

2 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Fired Emordi, Olagunju by Benaig(m): 12:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

I CANNOT AGREE WITH YOU ANY LESS

(1) (Reply)

How I Wish Governor Ibikunle Amosun Is Abia State Governor / Open Letter To Atiku Abubakar / Nigeria Overpopulation: Blame Political Leaders And Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.