Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,352 members, 7,822,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) (65024 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 12, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1475165/how-talk-religion-sensibly-irshad

Abeg, carry back my thread to the religion section....ASAP

My thread is not for the islam section. I made it for all religious people both christians and muslims.

I did not send you message. Please, respect yourself ooo.

edit-

even the title says it all- "religion". Yes, the speaker is a muslim but my analysis of her work is for all religions.

Please move my thread back ooooo.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 12, 2013
^^^^
Where are the mods now?

I would hold whoever did this responsible if something silly happens to my thread in that cave section

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 12, 2013
Logicboy03: ^^^^
Where are the mods now?

I would hold whoever did this responsible if something silly happens to my thread in that cave section
while i did not move it to the islamic section, i just watched the video and it is an islamic video. very cringing to watch too. cringing to watch that woman trying so hard to appease her white masters wink
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2013
obadiah777: while i did not move it to the islamic section, i just watched the video and it is an islamic video. very cringing to watch too. cringing to watch that woman trying so hard to appease her white masters wink

Who moved it angry angry angry

The interviewer is an atheist. The video is not islamic. Infact, the full show was about other things. Manji was just a guest.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Who moved it angry angry angry

The interviewer is an atheist. The video is not islamic. Infact, the full show was about other things. Manji was just a guest.

it belongs in the islamic section man. lol. but if you strongly beg to differ then ask HBG to request it be moved back for you
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2013
obadiah777: it belongs in the islamic section man. lol. but if you strongly beg to differ then ask HBG to request it be moved back for you

Please attend to this:

psky: Please why are there so many unnecessarily stickied threads in the religion section?

The one by Mr. Ajibam has not even been posted on since the 1st of September. Or is it a privilege for every mod to have at least one thread stickied? undecided

I thought the threads had to merit their positions first.

You guys should please be objective with this. Threads that are clearly not being given attention by nairalanders, even with all the help you are giving it should be removed.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
psky:

Please attend to this:

5 is not too much sticky. 4 would be ideal but 5 is appropriate. i think putting ( sticky ) on every sticky thread makes it look more organized wink
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

You read my thoughts.

As in, it's so annoying. I hate it when I see things being handled unfairly, and this is definitely one case that is.

Funniest thing is not very long after my post, someone actually did post a comment on that thread. First of all, of all days, since the 1st of September, nothing was posted there. It now happens to be the day someone challenges it's need to be stickied that someone actually does.

Secondly, the person registered today, and that is the person's first and only post.

To me it's all quite suspicious, and I really won't be surprised if it's ...#coughs# wink

Avoiding "warning ban" tinz. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1467185/why-banned-religion-section#18632397
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
psky:

As in, it's so annoying. I hate it when I see things being handled unfairly, and this is definitely one case that is.

Funniest thing is not very long after my post, someone actually did post a comment on that thread. First of all, of all days, since the 1st of September, nothing was posted there. It now happens to be the day someone challenges it's need to be stickied that someone actually does.

Secondly, the person registered today, and that is the person's first and only post.

To me it's all quite suspicious, and I really won't be surprised if it's ...#coughs# wink

Avoiding "warning ban" tinz. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1467185/why-banned-religion-section#18632397

Worse off, the cretin called Ajibam stole the idea for that sticky from the islam section.

grin grin grin
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
obadiah777: it belongs in the islamic section man. lol. but if you strongly beg to differ then ask HBG to request it be moved back for you

So, it was HBG angry angry angry

Thats all I needed. I wont ask her to put it back. I complained when she was online because I saw her commenting and viewing the christian chatbox exactly when my comment was posted- you can check the time stamps. She deliberately avoided answering me.

No worries.....her time will come cool

The mighty will fall again.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

So, it was HBG angry angry angry

Thats all I needed. I wont ask her to put it back. I complained when she was online because I saw her commenting and viewing the christian chatbox exactly when my comment was posted- you can check the time stamps. She deliberately avoided answering me.

No worries.....her time will come cool

The mighty will fall again.
well the intent was not malicious. i mean, all the convo was about Islam. it belonged in that section. it will receive more attention and justice in that section wink
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2013
obadiah777: well the intent was not malicious. i mean, all the convo was about Islam. it belonged in that section. it will receive more attention and justice in that section wink

Its okay....I know you want to defend your co-mod. I wrote the op..intended for both xtians and muslims. The video is only an illustration.

All she had to do was to give her reasons (even though I wouldnt accept them). At least, she would have done her job.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Its okay....I know you want to defend your co-mod. I wrote the op..intended for both xtians and muslims. The video is only an illustration.

All she had to do was to give her reasons (even though I wouldnt accept them). At least, she would have done her job.

somehow i dont think you would have found many christians willing to put their lives on the line to make a comment on the video. only person who was so inclined, davidylan, that is, does not come here like that anymore. so the thread would have languished and died a horrible death. HBG did you a favor. she put the thread where it would be well looked after and catered for and nourished wink
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
obadiah777: 5 is not too much sticky. 4 would be ideal but 5 is appropriate. i think putting ( sticky ) on every sticky thread makes it look more organized wink

First of all, please enlighten me on the differences between the words ideal and appropriate as you have used them in this context. For my illiterate ears e be like say they both mean the same thing, and for my illiterate mind e be like say you jus wan blow grammar. grin

Besides, it's not about putting "sticky" beside every thread, I couldn't care less about that. It's about having unnecessarily stickied threads.

Any newcomer to the religion section could simply visit the Christian or Nonchristian chat-box, introduce himself and get all the welcome he needs. What's really the point of having an extra thread for that? Besides, that thread has proven to be a complete failure. You guys should not tarnish your names by leaving it just because it was created by a current mod.

Nobody ever said it was compulsory to have one of your threads stickied when you become a mod.

Infact it reminds me of my secondary school: a new principal, a new uniform. undecided

For crying out loud focus on your quality of administration, and that is what you will forever be remembered for, not some lousy thread.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2013
obadiah777: somehow i dont think you would have found many christians willing to put their lives on the line to make a comment on the video. only person who was so inclined, davidylan, that is, does not come here like that anymore. so the thread would have languished and died a horrible death. HBG did you a favor. she put the thread where it would be well looked after and catered for and nourished wink

bollocks. Nice try though......I almost even believed it.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 5:12pm On Oct 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Worse off, the cretin called Ajibam stole the idea for that sticky from the islam section.

grin grin grin

Even amanfrommars might be guilty of that, and his thread isn't much of a success either.

I really don't know what's happening here. Look at the politics and celebrities section, arguably two of the most visited sections on nairaland.

The politics section has just three stickied threads, and one is even temporary.

The celebrities section has four, and one, if not two are also temporary.

In these two sections there are only two permanently stickied threads, which are the complaints and chat threads. You don't need any more than those, and that's why the other threads here are failing. There's no law which states the ideal thread to have is four or five. For crying out loud the mods should just be fair and remove the threads which evidently do not deserve to be stickied.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2013
Logicboy, that thread belongs to the muslim section. You should know better, your not a christian so what makes you think we wanted it here

Your complaint about the sticky thread has been handled so please don't cause commotion.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Logicboy, that thread belongs to the muslim section. You should know better, your not a christian so what makes you think we wanted it here

Your complaint about the sticky thread has been handled so please don't cause commotion.

1) It is my thread...I am not a muslim....I am an atheist that wrote the thread for both christians and muslims. When did it become a case of christians wanting it here? Is it not the content that matters?

2) You should learn to be reasonable like Obadiah, he gave an explanation (though shallow)- he didnt just say that it belongs in the islam section like how you just did.

3) What the eff do you mean about sticky threads and commotion? Am I here complaining about a sticky?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Logicboy, that thread belongs to the muslim section. You should know better, your not a christian so what makes you think we wanted it here

By the way, I know that you are not a reasonable person, so I wont bother asking you to put the thread back here on this section.

Also, thanks for ignoring my complaint since morning when you were online. Mtchew
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
There's always this link -- www.nairaland.com/776835/feedback-comments-complaints/33 -- for those might have grievances with the moderators and are interested in seeking redress.

@psky: I had a similar thread, created by my former moniker 'muskeeto', that was stickied by JeSoul, a previous moderator of this section.
I created a new one and posted the topics suggested by other regulars on the old thread. Anyways, given its limited scope and purpose, it isn't expected to garner as much comments as the chat threads. It serves a far greater purpose. grin
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:51pm On Oct 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

By the way, I know that you are not a reasonable person, so I wont bother asking you to put the thread back here on this section.

Also, thanks for ignoring my complaint since morning when you were online. Mtchew
your welcome.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 6:56pm On Oct 12, 2013

Actually I think you are the one who should know better. Logicboy was referring to both christians and muslims. Because he used a certain religion as an example does not mean the same cannot be applied by adherents of the other religion.

Besides, who in the world made you a speaker for all christians?
What do you mean by "what makes you think we wanted it here"?

By the way, you said the problem about the sticky thread has been handled. How?

I used to hold you really high, do not prove logicboy right by being unreasonable.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
psky:

By the way, you said the problem about the sticky thread has been handled. How?

I used to hold you really high, do not prove logicboy right by being unreasonable.
The guys said it was only fair if we every mod should have a stickied thread, they 'said' I have two so to balance the equation not to look like I own the house we had to have the newbies thread.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 7:18pm On Oct 12, 2013
aManFromMars: There's always this link -- www.nairaland.com/776835/feedback-comments-complaints/33 -- for those might have grievances with the moderators and are interested in seeking redress.

@psky: I had a similar thread, created by my former moniker 'muskeeto', that was stickied by JeSoul, a previous moderator of this section.
I created a new one and posted the topics suggested by other regulars on the old thread. Anyways, given its limited scope and purpose, it isn't expected to garner as much comments as the chat threads. It serves a far greater purpose. grin

Lol! In your mind now you are the one for the greater purpose. I bet if you change your moniker again... wink

Anyway I am not looking at posts alone, I am also looking at views, and the essence of the thread.

Why do I need a library when I could use the search box to get anything I want? I could also get the most popular threads by browsing through topics according to the amount of views or posts.

Generally I honestly do not see the need. But for now let hope it works, my main problem is the other thread by Ajibam.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: The guys said it was only fair if we every mod should have a stickied thread, they 'said' I have two so to balance the equation not to look like I own the house we had to have the newbies thread.

Seriously?

Come on that's childish, abeg that guy's thread should be removed.

Afam4eva is considered by many to be one of the best mods on nairaland, and he is also one of the most famous people, yet does he have a sticky thread in the politics section?

It stinks of immaturity. And of all mods, for those in the religion section, who are meant to portray humility, wisdom, and meekness to exhibit such a character is an outright shame!
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:49pm On Oct 12, 2013
psky:

Seriously?

Come on that's childish, abeg that guy's thread should be removed.

Afam4eva is considered by many to be one of the best mods on nairaland, and he is also one of the most famous people, yet does he have a sticky thread in the politics section?

It stinks of immaturity. And of all mods, for those in the religion section, who are meant to portray humility, wisdom, and meekness to exhibit such a character is an outright shame!
Ok, I get you, personally I do not see the need but if two is against one, then I should keep shut and be civil about it.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Ok, I get you, personally I do not see the need but if two is against one, then I should keep shut and be civil about it.

You can be civil about it, but you shouldn't keep shut. It's wrong and immature.

It is not a general rule authorized by seun which every section must abide by, it is not a policy which all other mods apply, therefore it holds no water.

If nairalanders were to give their opinion of this, majority of them will not favour such immaturity.

By the way, I think this problem began when you replaced jesoul's complaint thread with yours.
In your own words, " the original thread has been tempered with and until that is solved please bear with us."

May I ask, how long will it take to deal with the problems in the other thread? Don't play on people's short term memory here, it's high time you bring back the original thread.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:33pm On Oct 12, 2013
psky:

You can be civil about it, but you shouldn't keep shut. It's wrong and immature.

It is not a general rule authorized by seun which every section must abide by, it is not a policy which all other mods apply, therefore it holds no water.

If nairalanders were to give their opinion of this, majority of them will not favour such immaturity.

By the way, I think this problem began when you replaced jesoul's complaint thread with yours.
In your own words, " the original thread has been tempered with and until that is solved please bear with us."

May I ask, how long will it take to deal with the problems in the other thread? Don't play on people's short term memory here, it's high time you bring back the original thread.
Hmmmm, the old thread cannot be resurrected because the rules there were made by Jesoul and MMM, which the new mods found it hard to apply, that's why I asked Mukina if we could have a simple 'complaints thread' without chitchats, since this thread was created this section has been calm.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 9:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Hmmmm, the old thread cannot be resurrected because the rules there were made by Jesoul and MMM, which the new mods found it hard to apply, that's why I asked Mukina if we could have a simple 'complaints thread' without chitchats, since this thread was created this section has been calm.

I understand that, but you shouldn't have implied that it will be returned.

Anyway I think I need someone to verify if this section is actually more peaceful.

Asides that I would like Ajibam to come and defend having his thread stickied. I'm sure he can do more than give month long warning bans.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
psky:

I understand that, but you shouldn't have implied that it will be returned.

Anyway I think I need someone to verify if this section is actually more peaceful.

Asides that I would like Ajibam to come and defend having his thread stickied. I'm sure he can do more than give month long warning bans.

Thanks, Oya my Oga Ajibam; over to you boss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (96)

Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away / Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies / Chinese Authorities Blow Up Christian Megachurch With Dynamite (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.