Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,973 members, 7,810,699 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) (64847 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
InesQor: Moderators, why was my post at Alfa Seltzer hidden on this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/1464993/let-dead-bury-dead

I'll like to understand why please because I just don't get it. Thanks
it was hidden because you quoted a negative remark. everybody who quoted the offensive post are hidden as well. no point hiding something offensive when others have quoted it
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by tnature: 2:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I recommended it, let's hope it makes frontpage.

Regards.
It made the frontpage! Thnaks HumbledbYGrace, you are doing a good job with moderating this section.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by InesQor(m): 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
@obadiah777:

Thanks for the clarification, moderator.

That makes me concerned though. It is rather discouraging that whatever you make an effort to post on a thread will be hidden or deleted in its entirety just because someone could not hold back his or her intolerance and decided to act childish or fatuous on a public forum, and all because you quoted them in response. This either makes the quote function irrelevant or plain risky to use. Who knows what the moderators or supermods will find offensive? (I've seen other things which I could have considered offensive, and being quoted by others too, and nothing happens).

In my opinion maybe it is better to edit a post if it was in itself not offensive.

For the time being maybe one needs to stop quoting posts.

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
tnature:
It made the frontpage! Thnaks HumbledbYGrace, you are doing a good job with moderating this section.
Thank you. smiley

Regards
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
InesQor: @obadiah777:

That makes me concerned though. It is rather discouraging that whatever you make an effort to post on a thread will be hidden or deleted in its entirety just because someone could not hold back his or her intolerance and decided to act childish or fatuous on a public forum, and all because you quoted them in response. This either makes the quote function irrelevant or plain risky to use. Who knows what the moderators or supermods will find offensive? (I've seen other things which I could have considered offensive, and being quoted by others too, and nothing happens).

In my opinion maybe it is better to edit a post if it was in itself not offensive.

In your bolded red, I think it would be wise not to quote such post then.

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ajibam: 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
InesQor: @obadiah777:

you can stop quoting negative posts

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by InesQor(m): 2:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
@HumbledbYGrace and @Ajibam

As I said, I see some rather offensive posts that get by and nobody hides them. So maybe I might need to first pray and discern which posts will be found offensive, before I quote and reply them. That could work.

Or faaaaaaaar easier, stop quoting posts.

Well done guys.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by InesQor(m): 3:04pm On Oct 04, 2013
I really hope this quote below is not offensive, BUT this was the point I was trying to make: What constitutes "offensive"?

Enigma:
Thanks very much, brah. I never bother to complain about such things and I don't think I am about to start.

[size=13pt]My suggestion, is that perhaps the Mods need to look more carefully at what they will consider "offensive" and perhaps also make this clearer for the sake of posters.
[/size]
Would it be "offensive" to say that the Roman Catholic Church is idolatrous for example.

Brah, I do not mean to put you on the spot and I do not wish you to answer the question here and now. Just food for thought for the Mods.

Thanks. smiley

Bless.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2013
InesQor: @HumbledbYGrace and @Ajibam

As I said, I see some rather offensive posts that get by and nobody hides them. So maybe I might need to first pray and discern which posts will be found offensive, before I quote and reply them. That could work.

Or faaaaaaaar easier, stop quoting posts.

Well done guys.
it is your duty to report posts that you find offensive. there is a report button that you can use for that. we are not going through every single thread looking for offensive posts. we have lives outside of here too. usually offensive posts are tracked if reported or if the mods just happen to be in a thread they enjoy and run into them. so the onus is on the users to report what they find offensive wink
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MrTroll(m): 4:40pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mr Troll: This is not just about my complaint. Take a look at this thread and you'll see what i'm talking about. Threads deleted without warnings, posts hidden arbitrarily without explanations given, complaints ignored etc..—

Btw, thanks @Obadiah. . .
And this my post was edited without notice! I don tire for una. . .the infamous "smell test" is fully back. Make una enjoy, na una time.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ukutsgp(m): 6:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
U people shud leave my thread na. Why pushing it off like that.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
Ukuts gp: U people shud leave my thread na. Why pushing it off like that.
link please
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by wiegraf: 8:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by mumumugu(m): 10:48pm On Oct 05, 2013
Roman Cath Mary Is Beast Of Rev 13& 17

https://www.nairaland.com/1466816/roman-cath-mary-beast-rev

this is insultive to catholic
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 06, 2013
I can't just look at a thread I opened right now. feel like vomitin.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 06, 2013
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:31am On Oct 06, 2013
yellowpawpaw: I can't just look at a thread I opened right now. feel like vomitin.
why? What is the problem?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 06, 2013
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 06, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: why? What is the problem?

Go to page 3 of do u believe in spirit husband and wife.
Can't believe that thing is still there!
Tufiakwaaa!!!
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
yellowpawpaw:

Go to page 3 of do u believe in spirit husband and wife.
Can't believe that thing is still there!
Tufiakwaaa!!!
Removed, very sorry.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
HumbledbyGrace, Mr. Seun is calling you o.

https://www.nairaland.com/1467185/why-banned-religion-section

Time to account for your deeds. cool
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 07, 2013

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 07, 2013
Good day mods,

https://www.nairaland.com/1425533/d#17893495

Please do the needful. Thanks.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2013
aManFromMars: Good day mods,

https://www.nairaland.com/1425533/d#17893495

Please do the needful. Thanks.
Done smiley
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
I want to change my username. is it possiible?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:57pm On Oct 07, 2013
nwuyag: I want to change my username. is it possiible?
send me, or Ajibam or Obadiah77 a pm with the reason why you want it changed we will forward it to admin.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 07, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: send me, or Ajibam or Obadiah77 a pm with the reason why you want it changed we will forward it to admin.
I ve done that
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: send me, or Ajibam or Obadiah77 a pm with the reason why you want it changed we will forward it to admin.
I sent the msg to ur email.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
tnature:

Hehe. If you want to insult her, there are more subtle ways. Stop making it obvious by using cheap sarcasms.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
nwuyag: help me hide/remove this thread

www.nairaland.com/1467116/non-believers-atheists-lets-share-experiences#18649057
sorry cant be done. hasnt broken any rules

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (96)

Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog / Mummy G.O.'s Son: "My Mother Not Bothered About Hellfire Memes On Social Media" / Bisola Johnson: T.B. Joshua Addresses Rape Accusation (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.