Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Should Tradition Overrule Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Tradition Overrule Love? (617 Views)

What Type Of Tradition Is This With No Bra In The Public? (see Crazy Photos) / Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition / Is It A Tradition For A Married Man To Have A Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Tradition Overrule Love? by Ndipe(m): 11:55pm On Sep 21, 2013
Let me give you this scenario, you are the youngest of five brothers. All your brothers are married with kids of both genders. You happen to get engaged to a lady who is an only child of her parents. And they ask you for a favor if you would gladly give one of your kids their last name so that it wont be lost.

What do you do? Acquiesce to their request or stick with tradition?
Re: Should Tradition Overrule Love? by Greekbreed(m): 12:11am On Sep 22, 2013
for wetin reason,,abeg jor.
Re: Should Tradition Overrule Love? by Nobody: 1:37am On Sep 22, 2013
If her parents have siblings then their children's children will keep the name going. wink

Me personally... who cares. My kids have my last name grin
Re: Should Tradition Overrule Love? by Exponental(m): 5:53am On Sep 22, 2013
Well, it's a request. Since they have a right to name d child, I will honor d request provided it sounds good n common.
Re: Should Tradition Overrule Love? by Ndipe(m): 10:55pm On Sep 22, 2013
Reason why I am asking is that I heard rumors about a famous rapper with that of his wife for their daughter. Another instance is one of my co-workers who told me he would gladly give up his last name and adopt another name for his children. And when I asked him if is father wouldn't be mad at him, he simply said that he doesn't care about it. Third time was a guy I know of who told me his girlfriend suggested that since she had no brothers, she would like their children to bear her last name.
Re: Should Tradition Overrule Love? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
How do you know these children will even chose to keep the last name?

1 Like

Re: Should Tradition Overrule Love? by Ndipe(m): 1:34am On Sep 24, 2013
For me, I wouldnt!

(1) (Reply)

Am In Love With This Abonnema Man, Please Help Me With Children Names And Meanin / Harmful Effects Of Self Servicing / Relationship Concerns And Issues: I think I am being cheated on

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.