Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) (10302 Views)

DOWNLOAD SERMON : THE POWER OF PRIORITY - BY DR. D. K. OLUKOYA / SERMON : The Portrait Of The Enemy - Bro. Gbile Akanni / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Secularist: 12:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

not necessarily atheists but people who can see what religion truly is......

Ok i am confused. How can one see what religion really is while being a part of it? Conflict of interest maybe?

Or maybe you mean agnostics also in which case you are right.
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2013
Secularist:

Ok i am confused. How can one see what religion really is while being a part of it? Conflict of interest maybe?

Or maybe you mean agnostics also in which case you are right.

Agnostics, deists, liberal christians etc
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Secularist: 12:32pm On Oct 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Agnostics, deists, liberal Christians etc

I would take the term "liberal Christians" non too literally and assume you mean people who have told you they were liberal Christians.
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
Secularist:

I would take the term "liberal Christians" non too literally and assume you mean people who have told you they were liberal Christians.

yes
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

No one is arguing that they dont have the right.

No one is crying. Even christians are ashamed of what happened. Are the news website that reported it crying? Use your brain to realize that soup kitchens need all the help they can get? To refuse volunteers based on faith is just ridiculous.

You the person that should use your brain, if the kitchen refused to give food to a poor hungry atheist then you would have had a point!! And yes you can refuse a volunteer if your visions are not the same. They are running the kitchen as CHRISTIANS. Please use your brain don't go back to how you used to be.

They need all the hands they can get but not atheist hands, is that bad? Infact they are saving atheists the stress of breaking their backs.

@Muskeeto no mind Logicboy I see him starting his own atheist ministry soon.

Freedom of association is one of the fundamental human rights!!!
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by MrTroll(m): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

They reserve the right to say No to atheists,it goes againt the very foundation of their belief system.

What's the crying about?
They have the right but their reasons are clearly bigoted. People are trying to help out in the society and you're denying them the right simply because they don't believe in your own version of skydaddy? Thats intolerance. Shows how religion promotes segregation and unnecessary hate.
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mr Troll: They have the right but their reasons are clearly bigoted. People are trying to help out in the society and you're denying them the right simply because they don't believe in your own version of skydaddy? Thats intolerance. Shows how religion promotes segregation and unnecessary hate.

Uncle Troll,I know its bigoted no doubt,your points are valid.

but they are running this kitchen as a RELIGIOUS group,it is just improper to allow atheists work there.

It goes againt the tenets of their mission statement.

What the atheists should have done in the first place was start their own kitchen,like they eventually did.

Na wahala dey go there go find!!!
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by MrTroll(m): 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

You the person that should use your brain, if the kitchen refused to give food to a poor hungry atheist then you would have had a point!! And yes you can refuse a volunteer if your visions are not the same. They are running the kitchen as CHRISTIANS. Please use your brain don't go back to how you used to be.

They need all the hands they can get but not atheist hands, is that bad? Infact they are saving atheists the stress of breaking their backs.

This is shameful. I'm quite sure those people would even deny hungry atheists food and use them as an example of how not believing in god makes you poor and hungry.

That aside, you sound like a pharisee. The type that Jesus said will pray in loud corners of the street and give alms in view of everybody. If they are running the place as christians as you say, then it implies that they are doing it not only as a means of helping society but as a means of show boating, and they don't want to share the 'glory'. Is that what your Jesus would do?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Joshthefirst(m): 3:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mr Troll: This is shameful. I'm quite sure those people would even deny hungry atheists food and use them as an example of how not believing in god makes you poor and hungry.

That aside, you sound like a pharisee. The type that Jesus said will pray in loud corners of the street and give alms in view of everybody. If they are running the place as christians as you say, then it implies that they are doing it not only as a means of helping society but as a means of show boating, and they don't want to share the 'glory'. Is that what your Jesus would do?
this is pathetic from Mr Troll. Very pathetic. And here hought you were a proud and intelligent man.
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by MrTroll(m): 3:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: this is pathetic from Mr Troll. Very pathetic. And here hought you were a proud and intelligent man.
Excuse me? Did you read the initial post by LB? Those christians are definitely bigoted and very discriminatory. I'm sure you would do exactly as they did, segregate yourself from others just because of beliefs. . .
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Joshthefirst(m): 3:28pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mr Troll: Excuse me? Did you read the initial post by LB? Those christians are definitely bigoted and very discriminatory. I'm sure you would do exactly as they did, segregate yourself from others just because of beliefs. . .
Yes, I read the post, but for you to claim that they would even deny hungry people food shows you're a very biased human being. It shows that you're like secularist who thinks that christians are the scum of the earth and pathetic devils and merderers and thieves.

I do not know what I would do in that situation if I were in charge of that soup kitchen, but I would do the right thing.

But judge motives carefully. Why did atheists go to a christian soup kitchen to volunteer for help? Were they being honest? Or were they trying to prove a point in aselfless place of service?
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by MrTroll(m): 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: Yes, I read the post, [s]but for you to claim that they would even deny hungry people food[/s] shows you're a very biased human being. It shows that you're like secularist who thinks that christians are the scum of the earth and pathetic devils and merderers and thieves.

I do not know what I would do in that situation if I were in charge of that soup kitchen, but I would do the right thing.

But judge motives carefully. Why did atheists go to a christian soup kitchen to volunteer for help? Were they being honest? Or were they trying to prove a point in aselfless place of service?
strawman alert! I never said that.

Now you do the same thing you accuse me of. First, I do not think christians are the scum of anywhere. Feel free to show where i ever implied or directly said such. I only said that those christians that did that were bigoted and discriminatory. Did i generalise?

Now you accuse me falsely. grin

Pray tell, what is the 'right' thing you would have done?
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Joshthefirst(m): 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mr Troll: This is shameful. I'm [size=68pt]quite sure[/size] those people would even deny hungry atheists food and use them as an example of how not believing in god makes you poor and hungry.

I would have found out their motives first. Whether they were honestly coming there to volunteer to help or to make a silly point and cause trouble.
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by MrTroll(m): 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
Joshthefirst:

I would have found out their motives first. Whether they were honestly coming there to volunteer to help or to make a silly point and cause trouble.
@bold, did you see 'atheist' in that my sentence? Makes all the difference.

That said, did you read where the atheists said they won't wear their t-shirts or say anything improper? I guess it was too much for them to trust that they'll keep to their words considering that they think that atheists are devil worshippers.
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

@Muskeeto no mind Logicboy I see him starting his own atheist ministry soon.

You talk about freedom of association then go on to support christians segregating atheist volunteers? Is this guy high?

Have you ever done charity work or gone to a soup kitchen? They are notoriously understaffed because not all volunteers are paid and feeding stinking homeless people is not an attractive work. To refuse people who could help the community and more homeless people just because of religion is silly. Let us be honest here.

Even other christians do not agree with this. Let us be honest. Dont be like Muskeeto Judas!
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Joshthefirst(m): 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mr Troll:
@bold, did you see 'atheist' in that my sentence? Makes all the difference.

That said, did you read where the atheists said they won't wear their t-shirts or say anything improper? I guess it was too much for them to trust that they'll keep to their words considering that they think that atheists are devil worshippers.
atheists are not people then?
Smh.
Just agree that you made a bad statement and stop savinf face.
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by MrTroll(m): 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: atheists are not people then?
Smh.
Just agree that you made a bad statement and stop savinf face.
You should take that statement to the christians who refused atheist help. See how you just exposed them?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
It would actually make more sense if Joshthefirst and co condemened the bigoted actions of the christians rather than make silly arguments about atheists trying to be crybabies or segregationists
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Joshthefirst(m): 4:24pm On Oct 25, 2013
Logicboy03: It would actually make more sense if Joshthefirst and co condemened the bigoted actions of the christians rather than make silly arguments about atheists trying to be crybabies or segregationists
as usual, you side with your atheist brother en if he made a derogatory statement. And you unjustly call others hypocrites.
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: as usual, you side with your atheist brother en if he made a derogatory statement. And you unjustly call others hypocrites.

The only side I am taking is against the bigoted christian soup kitchen director
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Joshthefirst(m): 4:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

The only side I am taking is against the bigoted christian soup kitchen director
so you agree with the trolls statement then? That he's sure they would deny people food?
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by MrTroll(m): 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: so you agree with the trolls statement then? That he's sure they would deny people food?
Quit the strawman oga. If they can refuse the honest help of other people based only on religion, then it shows that they are bigoted and will also deny others help based on religion. Simple logic is to big for you i see. . .
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: so you agree with the trolls statement then? That he's sure they would deny people food?

@ bold
There is no way to know that.

However, going from their actions against atheists, there room for possibility that they will throw out a homeless atheist guy who is wearing a glaring atheist shirt or tell him to take it off

1 Like

Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Joshthefirst(m): 8:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 27, 2013
[size=18pt]Atheist Sermon; The Story of Galloran [/size]

Galloran was a prince who was loved by everyone in his kingdom. However, there was a wizard who had power and a lot of minions (ghosts, torturers, soldiers) at his disposal. This dark wizard was consuming various kingdoms with brutality and intelligence. He totally destroyed those that defied him. Also, this dark wizard sometimes would grant some of his enemies paradise- he would take those who have certain powers to a palace where the best food, wine and pleasures are, so that they would never fight him again. He granted this paradise to those few people who had the power to cause serious problems for him- nobody ever left the paradise, meaning that it was a peaceful way to trap some of his enemies with their own pleasures.

Galloran had to protect his people. Galloran had the love of many people as he was a just ruler who went to different kingdoms to broker peace. It fell on Galloran an his allies to stop the Dark Wizard. Most people in all the kingdoms were afraid of the dark wizard but Galloran vowed that he would stop the wizard's oppression. Despite the subtle approaches from the Wizard for Galloran to go to the paradise or suffer utmost pain when he gets captured by the wizard, Galloran stood his ground. Galloran knew that he would face years of torture from the Dark wizard if he refused to accept the wizards offer of paradise and also failed to stop him.

Galloran's army caused many problems for the wizard but at the end, Galloran was caught by the wizard. Galloran had his eyes removed and was tortured for many years. Many of Galloran's properties were destroyed.

After, many years, Galloran was released. Galloran was broken by torture. Galloran went back to one of his old palace that was almost in ruins. He became the blind king.

This is where the story becomes interesting. Galloran had to rebuild his mind with the help of hsi few remaining loyal servants. Galloran never gave up on destroying the dark wizard. At this time, the dark wizard had only two kingdoms to conquer to remain absolutely powerful. Fortunately for Galloran, two children of prophecy came from the outside world. These two children were pivotal to stopping the Dark wizard. In the end, with the help of allies, they destroyed the Dark wizard.

The story ends there but I want to mention two other characters- the displacer and those in the paradise.

The displacer was an informant for the dark wizard. The displacer did not like the dark wizard but wormed his way up to the highest ranks of the dark wizard's minions. At the end of the day, he became instrumental to the downfall of the wizard

Those in the palace of paradise were once powerful warriors against the wizard. The wizard gave them a choice- either risk the chance of being tortured in his dungeon if you fail to defeat him or enjoy in his palace of paradise. Those in the palace were there because they chose cowardice over fighting evil. When one of the children of prophecy visited the palace, he noticed that the people in the paradise were mostly fat gluttons who have become slaves to their pleasures- a shadow of their former selves.

-----------

The moral of the story is about our atheist/humanistic/skeptic attitude to the excesses of religion. While religion isnt the problem per se, the issue is the encroachment of religion on other's private lives- the excesses of religion.

Who would you be?
-a Galloran; who is ready to do the right thing despite persecution
-a displacer; who will play politics until the right moment to destroy evil from the inside
-a pleasure paradise seeker; who will ally with evil and do nothing because he wants to enjoy a life that others who are suffering cant.

Thanks to technology, we can be a cross between Galloran and a displacer. But the choice is yours.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:14am On Oct 27, 2013
Galloran good for me? I think so.

Displacer? Im close to that by climbing on Yoruba spirituality especially Ifa.

I think compassion and tolerance kill dark wizard more faster.....no need to declare war on it cuz reality is viable at the end.
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 27, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Galloran good for me? I think so.

Displacer? Im close to that by climbing on Yoruba spirituality especially Ifa.

I think compassion and tolerance kill dark wizard more faster.....no need to declare war on it cuz reality is viable at the end.

compassion will stop boko haram
or churches with loudspeakers next to your house

Sarcasm
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by MrTroll(m): 9:16am On Oct 27, 2013
Nice sermon.

*drops tithe*
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 27, 2013
Mr Troll: Nice sermon.

*drops tithe*

*Pockets tithe*

May the spag monster bless you
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:30am On Oct 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

compassion will stop boko haram

And why cant you get gun....you can fight them in the name of atheism.

In as much some muslim do not accept their ideology....im good with that. Were you not supporting turkish protest? How about the civilian JTF?

or churches with loudspeakers next to your house

Sarcasm

There are many ways to kill a fish.

My street has five CSW companies and one church with one mosque. Many shrines sha. So when CSW blast speaker, it increase market....and church speaker is irrelevant.

Sunday service start here from 6pm till dawn. Praise thy lord.....Lol
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 27, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

And why cant you get gun....you can fight them in the name of atheism.

In as much some muslim do not accept their ideology....im good with that. Were you not supporting turkish protest? How about the civilian JTF?

There are many ways to kill a fish.

My street have five CSW companies and one church with one mosque. Many shrines sha. So when CSW blast speaker, it increase market....and church speaker is irrelevant.

Sunday service start here from 6pm till dawn. Praise thy lord.....Lol

grin grin grin grin

lmao....which side you dey live? The craze wey dey dat area must make the place lively
Re: Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN) by barackohandso(m): 10:37am On Oct 27, 2013
Displacer it is…might sound a little hypocritical but I'll see it as an undercover operation. Going all out against religion is a no brainer (sort of), the Galloran might have as well been killed and that would have been it.

Good sermon BTW. *drops tithe*

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Miracle And Blessing? / 7 Secrets That Brought Bishop David Oyedepo To The Top In Ministry / Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.