Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,445 members, 7,843,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity (48059 Views)

Muslim Women Protest In Kaduna - "Free El-zakzaky" - Photos / Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard / NJC Clears Osun Judge Over Husband-snatching Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 26, 2013
skyfall: They don't sound like marriage "materials." They're just looking for men to dump their wahala on.
BUT IS THAT NOTTHE REASONNAIJA BABES GET MARRIED?
TO GET A FOOL WHO THEY CAN DUMP THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES AND THEIR MISERY ON

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Jayuba(m): 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
End Time Things.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Policewoman(f): 8:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
So without men they cant get white collar jobs, govt work, open resturant, sell recharge card, pure water, or do any type of business to survive? I dont see this happning in the south. Anyway i dont blame them cos if they were educated, at least they could find good jobs and not depend on men for a living.

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by searay(m): 8:28pm On Sep 26, 2013
ITbomb: The Bible says "And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach." (Isaiah 4:1).
That day is here , it is call that phrase Mukina loves to hear
da amesad! Songidem. When shall this END? Or is TIME not coming for this THINGs to be solved.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Archielaro: 8:29pm On Sep 26, 2013
See as we don d̶̲̥̅̊ scares (scarcity ☀̤̣̈̇f men) lolzzZ
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by nora544: 8:29pm On Sep 26, 2013
Policewoman: So without men they cant get white collar jobs, govt work, open resturant, sell recharge card, pure water, or do any type of business to survive? I dont see this happning in the south. Anyway i dont blame them cos if they were educated, at least they could find good jobs and not depend on men for a living.

A woman who is educated can live alone also and can sometimes live better than with a husband.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
Obinoscopy: lol @ friedburger. Just don't let Feiburger catch you. I never knew we had fried Burgers here on NL. If I may ask, have you tasted the fried burger? Tasty? grin

@post, we don't do second-hand. We do chasis tongue. I advice those widows and divorcees to go and join the Nuns at the Convent.

grin grin grin grin grin
A burger is a burger, whether it's "Fried or Fei".

#my 2 billion dollars though# angry

I don't taste burgers tongue

As for the secondhand matter, are you speaking for yourself or are you a representative of the Nairaland Men and Boiz Association (NMBA)?

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
5380 Divorcees!!!!..

Na wa o
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Eifeh(m): 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2013
Blame homosexual
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by tivta(m): 8:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
It is a pity.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by dammygoody(m): 8:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
sheyie2007: ***Reads topic**** **dies***
oooooh you won't kill somebody grin grin grin grin
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by donem: 8:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
Katsumoto:

And in the days of cave men, they picked the strong men first. grin grin grin
Lol! grin
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by dammygoody(m): 8:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
This is too hilarious ............
Still asking myself 'is dis a news or WHAT!!!'
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Akpan107(m): 8:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
ITbomb: The Bible says "And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach." (Isaiah 4:1).
That day is here , it is call that phrase Mukina loves to hear
the Holy Bible is the only accurate and true book on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by philoe: 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2013
He said the women also needed assistance to purchase household items such as beds, mattresses and other basic necessities needed to move to their husbands’ houses.

One would expect these women on a prawl for meal ticket should first find husbands before asking for help to purchase "mattresses and other basic necessities needed to move to their husband's houses"
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by McLincolnGuzit(m): 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2013
Next headline would be zamfara women on strike over the dearth(scarcity) of husbands......lol..i love 9ja shaa grin
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by saved: 8:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
Katsumoto:

Its not scarcity as such; the men marry the girls at 9 and divorce them at 17 so as to marry other 9 year olds.
:---Yerima style. Infact, Zamfara men are fond of divorcing their women by traditional means known as Saike, (pronounced as say- ke). It can be saike biu (2) or saike huku (3). The women must learn through this divorce by marrying two or three different husbands at different times, as the case may be, then, the first husband may come to invite her back home to tend the children. No body, i mean no family member, imam, friend, father nor mother is permitted to intervene for amiccable settlement between the man & his wife. He can then look for YARINYAN (Damsel of 10-13 years) to marry as AMERIYA (new wife). The painful aspect of it is that this tradition has been accepted as a religious norm in Zamfara & some part of the Religious North...Alhamdu li gallah.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by emmanuelson20: 8:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
Finally, i guess someone's prayer has been answered. What are you still waiting for
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by donem: 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2013
" the women said they were not living a normal life and needed husbands to become whole ".
This part got me lol!

Majority of female folks dread this thread like a Plague.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by namdyz(m): 9:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
awakulowoo: Zamfara State government should just involve money in this venture many ibos will run to Zamfara state to marry them.
Bootlicker!
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by caesaraba(m): 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
donem: " the women said they were not living a normal life and needed husbands to become whole ".
This part got me lol!

Majority of female folks dread this thread like a Plague.

Yep! The usual suspects have indeed avoided this thread like a plague grin grin grin
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Jman06(m): 9:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
Women are generally selfish,those women in Zamfara might have means of livelihood but still be looking for men to milk dry as is the case with southern women.Men are smarter these days sha.
4 Play: This tells us more about the lack of economic independence for women in Zamfara. The women claim they're struggling financially because they lack husbands. If women were educated and encouraged to be independent, they won't demand husbands so keenly.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by acidiczuzzee: 9:22pm On Sep 26, 2013
awakulowoo: Zamfara State government should just involve money in this venture many ibos will run to Zamfara state to marry them.
Idiot like u its your grand father dat will venture into dat not igbo's

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by honeric01(m): 9:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
This 'not educated' statement is beginnin to irritate me, is being educated the only way to making money for yourself, were women not making money without education in the old era? Are there no women making money right now all over the world without education?

Go to benue, edo, ekiti, bayelsa, rivers, akwa ibom, enugu, abia, e.t.c, alot of women are making money without education, even some part of the north aren't facing the scourge as much, so you people should stop blaming education.

What they need is empowerment and also a change of policy that gives women room to decide for themselves as early as possible in life.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Phikom(m): 9:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
lolz!!!
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by blezin123: 9:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
you want go lost?
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by bukatyne(f): 9:31pm On Sep 26, 2013
This development is funny and not funny.

Most ladies looking for money bags do so because they want the finer things of life. However, when a woman starts husband hunting for basic things like food, clothing, shelter etc. It shows there are many things wrong. It is even terrible that they also need assistance to procure what they will take to the martial homes if they find a willing husband.

It's tempting to say they have low self esteem et al but how else do they know how to meet their legitimate needs? How many role models do they have? who in their environment is living life differently? Who is willing to train them? How do they think of their future when they are probably married off to much older men and thrown away aka divorced when they are tired? I know a 40+ man who said a girl of 23 was too old for him. This was after 2 yes marriage to her. He is educated and schooled abroad so we wouldn't say he is a local champion.

If they were in their hundreds, people might dismiss it as their fault but when they run to thousands in a state with more than 70% divorced, then something must be done.

Getting married is not even a solution to their problem because with the divorce system in the north, these women will soon be divorced again.

I do not know if their problem stems from their religion or culture. I believe that there are Islamic bodies in the south that can listen to these women cry for survival. Let them go tp the north and educate them. I assume there will also be other NGOs that can assist in one way or the other.

Let us not leave these women to their fate.

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by taharqa: 9:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nigeria.... Never a dull moment grin grin grin
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Tayeni(m): 9:35pm On Sep 26, 2013
Katsumoto:

Not necessarily men but welfare benefits. If the government has financial responsibility, it will stop the practice which will result in husbands not divorcing their wives to take new child brides.

The Sharia government allowed the women to marry too early, so the government must be responsible for their welfare.

Many of these women weren't allowed to go to school or learn a trade. They give birth too early and develop VVF.

When the girls get to 17, the government allows their wicked husbands to divorce them so that the wicked husbands can take new child brides.

In all the steps, the government is culpable.
its a vicious circle and its sad they can't see it. They're even proud of d system.....almahiri, VVF, child bride, illiteracy, high divorce rate......all interlinked and fueled by their version of Shari'a
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 26, 2013
though this sounds tribalistic but too funny
Igbo people too like money

by the way, which kind ugly Id be this? it sounds like one of those Japanese mystical samurai name
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
taharqa: Nigeria.... Never a dull moment grin grin grin
na so grin grin grin
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by leonard509(m): 9:43pm On Sep 26, 2013
the men they're supposed to marry are busy killing people. . .una neva see anything. . .#spits on thread#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President / Pictures Of Nigerian Troops Arrival In Mali / Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.