Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,848 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:36 PM

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (40697 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Zikkyy(m): 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
Joagbaje:
Same thing with every other bible principle. Principles are eternal. Tithes o, offerings o, prayers o, fasting o. Etc and etc. we give offerings today because it's a principle.

BTW, how come burnt offering, cereal offering, sin offering, guilt offering are not eternal principles. are you saying they not offerings? offering is offering na (irrespective of the form). If offerings are eternal principle, burnt offering should be topping the list cos it was the main offering. You see why the term 'first fruit' cannot be an eternal principle, It was just a type of offering. You need to revisit this ya theory o!
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Zikkyy(m): 1:47pm On Oct 29, 2013
Joagbaje:
Men gave tithes of all things . And all things represents all income.

We may not have all the details and that's where guys try to jump on. But certain scriptures still reveal the structure .

Luke 18:12 WEB
I fast twice a week. I[b] give tithes of all that I get[/b]. '

Luke 18:12 amplified
I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I gain.

Luke 18:12. Living bible
I go without food twice a week, and I give to God a tenth of everything I earn. '

So people gave monetary tithes.

Message translation makes it clearer

Luke 18:12
I fast twice a week and tithe on all my income. '

So this na your role model? grin you are expected to follow Jesus, not some guy bragging bout his performance. who send the guy to pay tithe of cash self? my brother you don miss road grin

how you even translate income/gain/earnings to cash i don't understand. i thought you said the Israelite were farmers by default?

Joagbaje:
God used such term for isreal because they were farmers by default .
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Demainman1: 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
Joagbaje, Bidam, Image123 are all PHARISEES. cheesy

Like Jesus, isn't it Bidam? wink

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MarkMiwerds(m): 3:01pm On Oct 29, 2013
Zikkyy:

So this na your role model? grin you are expected to follow Jesus, not some guy bragging bout his performance. who send the guy to pay tithe of cash self? my brother you don miss road grin

how you even translate income/gain/earnings to cash i don't understand. i thought you said the Israelite were farmers by default?

they're only farmers when it fits Joagbaje's theology.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Zikkyy(m): 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2013
Mark Miwerds: they're only farmers when it fits Joagbaje's theology.

Don't mind joagbaje, a farmer's income/gain/earnings would be his harvest and tithe was on harvest. i still don't understand how joagbaje managed to import cash into the equation.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:45pm On Oct 29, 2013
Zikkyy:

Don't mind joagbaje, a farmer's income/gain/earnings would be his harvest and tithe was on harvest. i still don't understand how joagbaje managed to import cash into the equation.
Farmers had to have had some form of money with which to redeem (buy back) the crop tithe if they so desired.

Leviticus 27:31 And if a man will at all redeem ought of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth part thereof.

But money was never tithed.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Zikkyy(m): 4:55pm On Oct 29, 2013
Mark Miwerds:
Farmers had to have had some form of money with which to redeem (buy back) the crop tithe if they so desired.

yes. am sure a portion of the harvest is sold to purchase other necessities. but God was never interested in the income from sales of Agric produce. Tithe was always on the harvest (before it is sold).

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2013
Zikkyy:

yes. am sure a portion of the harvest is sold to purchase other necessities. but God was never interested in the income from sales of Agric produce. Tithe was always on the harvest (before it is sold).
Agreed.

The tithe could be redeemed. (bought back)

In order for one to "buy back" something, that something would have to leave one's possession. The farmer could not "buy back" the tithe unless it had already left his possession.

One does not walk into a bookstore with a rare book and tell the shopkeeper, "I'd like to buy back this book, please." That is, unless he had first given the book to the shopkeeper, or sold it first to the shopkeeper. Then, and only then, could the book be "bought back."

The crops tithe was the same. The farmer could not shirk the responsibility to tithe his crops. He had to tithe. Then, and only then, was he able to "buy back" the tithe if he so desired.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 2:23pm On Oct 30, 2013
Zikkyy:
Money was not given as tithe, money was used to redeem the tithe. Joagbaje, you must be reading literature or publications written by your pastor,

Stop making reference to my pastor , limit discussion to points I raised. My reference is the bible .

if you read the bible, you will find that money was never given as tithe.

I have given evidence money was used as tithes .
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
Joagbaje,

You claim Luke 18:12 proves that money was tithed. Luke 18:9 proves it wasn't.

Luke 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

The verse you referenced was a parable. It never happened. It was an illustration to show the self-righteous that trusted in themselves, that they were lost.

The Pharisee of the story did not tithe money. This is evident by the fact that at that time, they were under the dispensation of the Law. He would have tithed what the Law required... crops and livestock, to the Levites as per the Law.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by julietjuks: 9:00am On Oct 31, 2013
Why is tithing with money a major problem. Why are people so shortsighted and stereotyped.in those days,the Jews had their currency and commodity was the currency for trade or other financial transaction. The world has changed now. Its no more 2000 years ago HELLO!!!!!!!! The financial system and medium of exchange backed by law has evolved. Money note has become the order of the day. Why don't you tax today with commodity items or pay the doctor with same. Guys you went to school for a reason so see the answers are before you gentle men.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 9:09am On Oct 31, 2013
julietjuks: Why is tithing with money a major problem. Why are people so shortsighted and stereotyped.in those days,the Jews had their currency and commodity was the currency for trade or other financial transaction. The world has changed now. Its no more 2000 years ago HELLO!!!!!!!! The financial system and medium of exchange backed by law has evolved. Money note has become the order of the day. Why don't you tax today with commodity items or pay the doctor with same. Guys you went to school for a reason so see the answers are before you gentle men.

Tell them louder pls.

They give offerings with cash but not tithe. Why don't they bring malu and goat to church as offerings
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 9:15am On Oct 31, 2013
julietjuks: Why is tithing with money a major problem. Why are people so shortsighted and stereotyped.in those days,the Jews had their currency and commodity was the currency for trade or other financial transaction. The world has changed now. Its no more 2000 years ago HELLO!!!!!!!! The financial system and medium of exchange backed by law has evolved. Money note has become the order of the day. Why don't you tax today with commodity items or pay the doctor with same. Guys you went to school for a reason so see the answers are before you gentle men.
tithe collector, u think we are members of ur church, when God asked Israel to tithe there was money so look for another lie. Deut14:22-26. Yes, God commanded d levites to collect tithe from Israel, now, where n when did God ask pastors n church to collect tithe from christians? Bros, tithe was abolished along with d levitical priesthood it sustained. Remain blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 31, 2013
29 pages? Wow!
I salute all the people dedicated to engaging people on the tithe issue. You guys really have the patience.
In the words of R. W shambach, 'A man with an experience is never at the mercy of the opinions of others'.
Paraphrased, 'you can not talk people out of what has been working for them.'

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Demainman1: 9:23am On Oct 31, 2013

Even Jesus paid TAX with money so why you are asking us to pay TAX with farm produce beats me.
Matthew 17:24-27

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 9:29am On Oct 31, 2013
idnoble135: 29 pages? Wow!
I salute all the people dedicated to engaging people on the tithe issue. You guys really have the patience.
In the words of R. W shambach, 'A man with an experience is never at the mercy of the opinions of others'.
Paraphrased, 'you can not talk people out of what has been working for them.'
bros, d fact dat a LIE has been in office for donkey can not turn it to truth, if tithe ever worked, christians will b d riches ppl. Bill Gate and Dangote are nt christians, d only ppl dat tithe work for, are d tithe collectors.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 31, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 9:35am On Oct 31, 2013
Demain_man:

Even Jesus paid TAX with money so why you are asking us to pay TAX with farmer produce beats me.
bros, dat tithe collector is new here, so don't blame him.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 31, 2013
It baffles me that some "pastors" do not look disappointed to find no examples or instructions to tithe in the New Testament, but find a way to persuade the unlearned that the Lord Jesus actually endorsed tithing in Matthew 23:23, where he says, "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone." They point to the last clause: "not to leave the other undone", and interpret that we "ought" not to leave the tithing undone. A closer look into this statement will reveal the clear untruth.

Point 1: CHRIST WAS ADDRESSING THE PHARISEES AND HYPOCRITES, WHOM HE HAD GRANTED A WOE

Point 2: THE PHARISEES WERE ALREADY TITHING, THEREFORE, HE COULD NOT TOLD THEM THEY OUGHT TO TITHE

Point 3: THEY WERE STILL UNDER THE LAW WHICH HAD NOT BEEN FULFILLED THEN BECAUSE CHRIST HAD NOT BEEN CRUCIFIED

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
christemmbassey: bros, d fact , if tithe ever worked, christians will b d riches ppl. Bill Gate and Dangote are nt christians, d only ppl dat tithe work for, are d tithe collectors.

What of prayers does it work? If it does ,are Christians the richest people? cool
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MarkMiwerds(m): 3:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
James 4:3 (KJV)
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume [it] upon your lusts.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Demainman1: 3:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
Joagbaje:

What of prayers does it work? If it does ,are Christians the richest people? cool

Do you pray to become the richest person?

The lord's prayer is sufficient for me "give us this day, our daily bread"

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2013
Joagbaje:

I never read in the Holy Bible that we should pray to be the richest people. If you have verses to support that idea, please be kind enough to share.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
Take a look

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by shdemidemi(m): 3:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
Joagbaje:

Prayers are not suppose to make you rich na. I thought scripture already says we should not worry about these things.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
Demain_man:

Do you pray to become the richest person?
"

Beautiful ! Do people tithe to become richest persons?

You can see the senselessness of the question about if tithers are the richest people. If Dangote is a Muslim does it make Christianity false? So bringing dangote and bill gate to discredit tithe is childish . Rather go for the big fish and discredit Christianity .

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by shdemidemi(m): 5:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
Joagbaje:

You can see the senselessness of the question about if tithers are the richest people. Is Dangote is a Muslim does it make Christianity false?

isn't it people like you that say if christians don't tithe, things will get tighter for them?

The question seem valid if what fraudsters say behind pulpit on sundays is anything to go by.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Demainman1: 6:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
Joagbaje:

You can see the senselessness of the question about if tithers are the richest people. If Dangote is a Muslim does it make Christianity false? So bringing dangote and bill gate to discredit tithe is childish . Rather go for the big fish and discredit Christianity .

Why do you guys 'Men is suits' curse non-tithers in the church every sunday sir? Do you ever curse non-prayers like that? You see the desperation in your argument?

Jesus said there are weightier things than tithing yet you curse people and call them robbers and claim that they will go to hell fire because they don't tithe!!

Pls rain abuses and curses on non-prayers with the same zeal you use on non-tither, you hear? SMH for your case.

You are forcing people to do that which Jesus Christ who you claim to serve never did and you come here comparing it with PRAYER which he was always doing.

4 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 8:06pm On Nov 01, 2013
Joagbaje:

bros, prayer and tithe are nt d same, prayer is like charging ur phone, tithe is coveting ur neighbours salaries, in short it is armed robcery, d word u use to intimidate ppl, d bible says, is sharper than two edged sword. So, when u hold somebody by d neck with mal3 u are actually commiting a crime(sin) armed robbery.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 8:06pm On Nov 01, 2013
Joagbaje:

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 8:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
christemmbassey: bros, prayer and tithe are nt d same, prayer is like charging ur phone,

Same goes for tithing , worship, offering , alms giving , fasting and every other spiritual principle .

tithe is coveting ur neighbours salaries, in short it is armed robcery, d word u use to intimidate ppl, d bible says, is sharper than two edged sword. So, when u hold somebody by d neck with mal3 u are actually commiting a crime(sin) armed robbery.

No rather the non tithing christian is the robber grin .

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? / Fornication Is Not Just Sleeping With Someone You Are Not Married To... / Which Prayer Mountain (ori-oke) Can One Go For Serious Prayers & Deliverance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.