Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:29 AM

<<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> (22446 Views)

<<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by ERF: 8:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
MYND, is this the continuation of that other Tri Paternal Son?

Oya you guys should congratulate me, i opened the 2nd page . .. smiley
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
E<R>F:
MYND, is this the continuation of that other Tri Paternal Son?

Oya you guys should congratulate me, i opened the 2nd page . .. smiley
Yes
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by ERF: 9:06pm On Oct 01, 2013
uj_sizzle: shocked *shivers*

Ok, continue but i don't sleep well today you'll be held responsible

Wetin dey fear you 4 there Sizzle? grin
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by ERF: 9:32pm On Oct 01, 2013
Hmmmmm... I don't really understand your last post..

Nice one Boss. . . .

Oliver..
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by movmentish(m): 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
update naw.....mynd plz i knw dis question is daft but plz why is mila attacking peepz she is suposed to protect?
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 10:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
movmentish: update naw.....mynd plz i knw dis question is daft but plz why is mila attacking peepz she is suposed to protect?
That's the story
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by movmentish(m): 12:08am On Oct 02, 2013
Mynd_44:
That's the story
oya update so i'll knw,why do i get a feeling dis wuld be better dan d first one...
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 12:24am On Oct 02, 2013
movmentish:
oya update so i'll knw,why do i get a feeling dis wuld be better dan d first one...
A guy with so much feelings.....
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by corrall(f): 7:55am On Oct 02, 2013
Mynd, do n update na...ah ah.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by ERF: 9:56am On Oct 02, 2013
__
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by texanomaly(f): 11:16am On Oct 02, 2013
Mynd your mind scares me.

Very nice.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by zenie(f): 12:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
oya Mynd come update na... Loving d horror grin
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 5:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
He was still kneeling beside the girl on the floor and he was looking at her face. For some reasons, he was seeing her past and her thoughts before she saw the snake and started screaming. Her thoughts seemed distorted majorly because of the sight she saw and the lightning just knocked her out cold and made her brain numb. Getting into her head was as easy as he got the two of them into bed but he started to wonder if he really got the other one who turned into a snake or she allowed him think so.

He got to his feet losing interest in the girl, looked around the room and there were pieces of snake meat all over the floor and some remnants of the snake’s blood staining the bed sheet and the atmosphere in the room was charged. The energy was present and very obvious all around him even as he moved around the room to get dressed his feet touching the ground. Outside, he could hear thunder rumbling in the distance as the aftermath of the lightning bolt that spilt into the room was still heard and he move slowly to the position he was when the lightning struck and he saw that there was a massive hole in the roof through the ceiling. The wood that held the ceiling was blackened as though it was burning and some parts were still smoldering.
He began to feel the energy running in his body dissipate into the surrounding slowly and gradually, he began to feel the normal things. He noticed that the air-condition has stopped working, and due to the energy and smoldering wood, the room was getting hot; he went to the window and popped it open. A gush wind came rushing in and for the first time since the lightning came, he smelt the burning wood. The air rushed in and hit his face creating a feeling he did not understand but knew it felt good.

He remembered the message he had gotten on his phone and he wondered what it was about; he knew the sender but they were not suppose to communicate. In fact, he had not seen him in nearly five years and the only reason he had his e-mail address was because he met him on facebook and they exchanged contacts. The message coincided with what he just experienced or perhaps it was just something that happened and he wanted to talk.

“If it is nothing, this would be one hell of a coincidence” he thought to himself and he walked towards his table. He grabbed his second phone and logged on to facebook with it, luckily the other man out up his phone number there and he quickly retrieved it. He looked at the time on his phone and it said 3:50 and even though he did not want to call so early, he needed to have answers and so he dialed the number. The phone rang twice before it was connected on the other end.

He sat over his table pretending to be reading some document but he his eyes has not captures on word on it. The events of the morning might have looked normal if it was only the dream. He might be willing to let it go if he did not experience what he did in the bathroom but the more he thought about it, the more he began to doubt himself.

“The bathroom thing might be my imagination as a result of my dream” he murmured to himself “I could not have seen a snake come out of my mirror: that just defiles logic”

He was caught up in his thought as he examined the possibility of it happening and also reminding himself that logic might not explain what was happened then a ring brought him out of his thoughts. His phone was ringing and when he checked the caller Identity, he realized he did not have the person on his contact list. He answered it immediately though.

“Hello, good morning who is this?”

The caller hesitated and then said;

“This is Babatunde: remember me? You should because you sent me an e-mail just now”

A strange feeling of both relief and surprise came over Lekan as he heard the name and the voice was also so casual. He could not belief he was speaking to the same teenage boy he fought alongside years back and he said;
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
“Yes I remember you. Something came up but when I looked closely at it, I discovered that it is perhaps nothing. I am sorry to disturb you”

Something told Tunde that Lekan was lying. The timing of the message was almost the same as that of his own issue and so they have to be connected. He also needed explanations and a way to exonerate himself as he was not sure what had happened to the girl on the floor. She might be not be dead but he would have to explain what happened when she woke up or the news she carried around might be disastrous

“Well if it was important enough for you to mail me, I think you should just come out and tell me exactly what is bothering you. I might have the same problems too”

“Okay, I had a dream today where I saw a snake eating someone except it did not really feel like a dream. I was back in your old village and everything looked the same way they should have looked. It was very realistic” he paused for some seconds and when he heard the breathing on the other side, he knew he was still there. He continued;

“Then I saw a large snake trying to eat someone. I heard the voice of the snake inside my head and it was female. She told that me she would feed on my body and my soul will go to her” at this point, he paused again as he began to doubt his own sanity. He never imagined he would say what he just said even with what he had seen years back.

“Well I woke up and went into my bathroom only for Mila to appear in my mirror and tell me not to go back. Where she did not want me to go I do not understand”

Tunde thought to himself;

“You had it easy and your mailed seemed like something really serious. If I did not have this encounter, I might have said you need to see a shrink”

Lekan waited for Tunde to give an answer but none came from the other side so he said;

“Are you there?”

“Yes I am”

“Well say something, what do you think it means?”

“I don’t know. I can’t interpret dreams you know”

Lekan’s mind paced for a bit and then he said;

“You said you might be having the same problems too right? What has been happening on your end?”

Tunde was quiet again as he did not know where he would start. He looked towards the girl on the floor and she had not even stirred. She just lay motionless on the floor as she had a long time ago.

“Well, something strange happened to me this morning”

“What?” Lekan asked impatiently;

“I had some guests over to sleep over at my place, one of them turned into a huge snake and tried to constrict me to death. She almost succeeded too as I felt all my bones broke and then a lightning bolt came from the sky and tore her into pieces. I even have a hole in my roof still smoldering from fire due to the effect of the lightning”

Now it was Tunde’s turn to wonder if Lekan was on the other side as the older man just kept quiet for a while and answered;

“I think this is really not something we can discuss on the phone right now: you are in town right?”

Tunde looked around his room and said;

“That depends on where town is bro”

“I meant are you in the state?”

“Yes I am”

“Okay, can we meet for lunch and discuss better? I would have preferred we meet now but I am so shaking, I don’t think I can even hold on to the wheels of my car”

“Okay, we can do lunch but I have a pressing problem right now” Tunde said

“What is the problem?”

“I had two female guests last night, one turned into a snake and got killed but the second is lying unconscious due to the shock of what she saw. My bed sheet is covered in snake blood and little pieces of snake and I don’t have an explanation for when she comes around”

“You had two women over at your place” Lekan began but realized that it had no relevance at that moment. “Well think of something to tell her before she wakes up. You can always blame it on alcohol or something”

Tunde said;

“Yes that will probably work and if it does not, who cares anyway?”
He hung up the phone and looked back at his wife sleeping peacefully on the bed and he felt the hair on his back stand. He thought to himself;
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
“What if she also turns into a snake? But Mila is not supposed to hurt us or any human at that, what changed?” he sat there lost in thought and wondering about the lightning coming to save Tunde. He had seem tuned command lightning bolts and his father also did but that only happened once and after that, nothing like that ever happened.

Tunde hung the phone and got to work immediately, he just needed to put up his best clean up act and make sure the room is spotless by the time the girl wakes up and if she asks anything, he would deny. It was not much of a story but lying has never been his strong point. His father had always told him to tell the truth always so when he died and he was left alone, he had little experience with lying even though he did not see it as important as his father took it to tell the truth. He had gone to the university to study accounting and then while he was in the university, he learnt how to trade the foreign exchange market online.

That seemed more important that working in an office and before long, he could boast of millions in his account. Lying was not something that was needed in his line of work and when it came to his social life, there was no point lying to anyone. All he had to tell the girls were how much he had and what care he drove and that’s all. They will seem too eager to jump in the car and go home with him; sometimes not even minding sharing him with another girl.

He pulled the bed sheet off the bed and replaced it with a clean one. He locked the blood stained on in the closet and did swept the snakes parts away from the floor and cleaned the floor so no one will notice the blood there. He still had an issue with the hole in the roof but he found some old sack he covered it up with and he carried the girl and threw her into the bed.

Cleaning up the room took a long time it was something he was not used to doing; his maid came every morning to clean things up for him. By the time he got the girl back into the bed, it was almost 6am. And he was tired.

“I wish I had some of the energy from the lightning right now he told himself and he heard something stir beside him on the bed”

The still unclad lady was moving in her sleep and Tunde jumped out of the bed hoping she will not also turn into a snake. Slowly he saw her eyes open to his relief and he caught a look in her eyes. Suddenly, she looked at her body and touched the bed then she looked back at the Tunde and said;

“I heard the weirdest dream”

“What was your dream about?” he asked

“I dreamt that you picked me and this girl up last night and she turned into a snake and tried to kill you, then there was a bright light and that’s where the dream stopped”

“Oh, that’s a weird dream alright because I came here with only you. You need to lay off the alcohol a little you know”

She gave him a smile, got up and walked into the bathroom. She stayed for some seconds and then she poked her head out and said;

“It’s funny though; how did I know where the toilet is?”
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by MsSpaqs(f): 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
Ghen ghen grin
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by ERF: 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
`` it's funny though, how did i know were the toilet is``
grin
JAMB QUESTION!

Okay let's take it like this; Milo want a revenge of the death of her friends and masters/mistresses; Milo was ordained to protect Lekan.

Milo is the villain, and he might end up waring against Tunde and Lekan... Lekan might be the victim since he is the middle man.

Well anyhow it goes, we'll know.

But you should try to differentiate the character of concentration when dealing with Lekan and Tunde consecutively; it takes time for someone to defer the one you making reference to.

More ooh you be source of inspiration ooh . . .
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 8:06pm On Oct 02, 2013
E<R>F:
`` it's funny though, how did i know were the toilet is``
grin
JAMB QUESTION!

Okay let's take it like this; Milo want a revenge of the death of her friends and masters/mistresses; Milo was ordained to protect Lekan.

Milo is the villain, and he might end up waring against Tunde and Lekan... Lekan might be the victim since he is the middle man.

Well anyhow it goes, we'll know.

But you should try to differentiate the character of concentration when dealing with Lekan and Tunde consecutively; it takes time for someone to defer the one you making reference to.

More ooh you be source of inspiration ooh . . .
Stop trying to predict me. You will end up wrong

1 Like

Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by movmentish(m): 8:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
mynd i think you have to give real location instead of using town,state...makes the story feels real....will there be flyin witches again? Why didnt tunde drain d girl off her energy coz it seems he hasnt yet got d hang of his powers
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 8:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
movmentish: mynd i think you have to give real location instead of using town,state...makes the story feels real....will there be flyin witches again? Why didnt tunde drain d girl off her energy coz it seems he hasnt yet got d hang of his powers
Okay.

The boy never had a chance to use his powers na
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by moyosore001: 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sits down, crosses legs. Waitin 4 d nxt update. Hurry biko
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
Well, i think i should be asking you that, -should be tunde's answer to her.
Ef beta don't predict mynd, the villian is not yet identified o.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by jslimz(f): 9:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
I came in late, but i'm so following.

Mynd you're always on point, though burning cold is waiting to be completed. Ride on Oga at the 'topest' top.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 9:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
moyosore001: Sits down, crosses legs. Waitin 4 d nxt update. Hurry biko
It will come soon
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
Damex333: Well, i think i should be asking you that, -should be tunde's answer to her.
Ef beta don't predict mynd, the villian is not yet identified o.
Are you sure there is a villain?
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
j-slimz:
I came in late, but i'm so following.

Mynd you're always on point, though burning cold is waiting to be completed. Ride on Oga at the 'topest' top.
grin
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by texanomaly(f): 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
I'm on the edge of my seat...

What will happen next??

I can't take it!!!!!!!
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Eniqurl(f): 10:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
As e dei hot..# qrabs popcorn nd viju# waitinq patiently for d next update...
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
Eni~girl:
As e dei hot..# qrabs popcorn nd viju# waitinq patiently for d next update...
give me your viju and popcorn na. Oga mynd wan change story 4 me.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by texanomaly(f): 12:06am On Oct 03, 2013
Damex333: give me your viju and popcorn na. Oga mynd wan change story 4 me.
Can I join the two of you? I brought more popcorn.

The sweet stuff is for you Mynd. A bribe. wink
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Eniqurl(f): 9:28am On Oct 03, 2013
Damex333: give me your viju and popcorn na. Oga mynd wan change story 4 me.
begi begi! Sha take smol nd dnt finish ma viju oh.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Eniqurl(f): 9:34am On Oct 03, 2013
texanomaly:
Can I join the two of you? I brought more popcorn.

The sweet stuff is for you Mynd. A bribe. wink
Yes, y nt? Since u brought more popcornz. Damex wil buy 3 more vijuz so we can enjoy it well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

NBA-AGC: Nigeria In Chaos, We Must Save The Soul Of Our Nation – Chimamanda / What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote / English Grammar Lesson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.