Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,489 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

<<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> (22025 Views)

<<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Ollyfad(f): 2:30am On Oct 15, 2013
Hmmm i foretell 1 persn jst leavin dat village bt mynd cn u pls spare kayode nd tayo?? Plsss
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 2:31am On Oct 15, 2013
Ollyfad: Hmmm i foretell 1 persn jst leavin dat village bt mynd cn u pls spare kayode nd tayo?? Plsss
My sadistic mind is tingling. Killing them all sounds better grintongue
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by texanomaly(f): 2:31am On Oct 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
Oh he is dead alright.....he should be digesting right now sef

*Gives Mynd the evil eye*

Fine!

The story is starting to get good though... grin
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 2:35am On Oct 15, 2013
texanomaly:

*Gives Mynd the evil eye*

Fine!

The story is starting to get good though... grin
The story has not even started yet. I am going into too much detail.

There is still a lot I intend to bring like the lost *** and the ******** of the *****.

Oh and lemme not forget the *******

gringringrin
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by texanomaly(f): 2:39am On Oct 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
The story has not even started yet. I am going into too much detail.

There is still a lot I intend to bring like the lost *** and the ******** of the *****.

Oh and lemme not forget the *******

gringringrin

You are a naughty man! angry
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 2:46am On Oct 15, 2013
texanomaly:

You are a naughty man! angry
lol
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by beyonDskygirl(f): 6:05am On Oct 15, 2013
R.I.P Emeka
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 15, 2013
I'm late
Na u cause am oo Mynd,I thought dis one was lyk dat shooti shooti one u first wrote.
Having said dat,U are an awesome writer.
Ur descriptive abilities got me shivering.
Bt do come update na
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 8:54am On Oct 15, 2013
beyonDskygirl: R.I.P Emeka
He will be missed
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 8:55am On Oct 15, 2013
Vickii Ro: I'm late
Na u cause am oo Mynd,I thought dis one was lyk dat shooti shooti one u first wrote.
Having said dat,U are an awesome writer.
Ur descriptive abilities got me shivering.
Bt do come update na
Well you still joined in the end and that's what matter most. Welcome
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by warrigal(f): 11:39am On Oct 15, 2013
Gr8t story mynd, luv it. ryt nw am thinkin hw shade wan tak explain 4 emeka mama hw her pikin tak die. gr8t suspense 2.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 11:46am On Oct 15, 2013
warrigal: Gr8t story mynd, luv it. ryt nw am thinkin hw shade wan tak explain 4 emeka mama hw her pikin tak die. gr8t suspense 2.
That's if she escapes na
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Therock5555(m): 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
Oga Mynd U make me wanna go find Anaconda 1 and watch again
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by AdeDelaw(m): 5:28pm On Oct 15, 2013
E don tey wey i don dey read ur tori bt i no coment, bt now i hav 2 tell u u re damn gud @ horror story wich made me 2 like ur story d more......lukin 4ward 4 d nex episode....thumb up
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by warrigal(f): 12:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
That's if she escapes na
LOL. Abi o. tru talk.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Tovot: 12:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
So many pages to read...Mynd its not fair o
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by texanomaly(f): 12:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
Tovot: So many pages to read...Mynd its not fair o
It's worth it though.

Hi Tovot. smiley
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Tovot: 1:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hello dear, whats up?
texanomaly:
It's worth it though.

Hi Tovot. smiley
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by texanomaly(f): 1:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
Tovot: Hello dear?whats up?
Not much. Still on the bed. It is too cold this morning to even think about getting out from under these covers. smiley
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Tovot: 1:19pm On Oct 16, 2013
Awww pele,its afternoon here and quite hot,want to switch places?
texanomaly:
Not much. Still on the bed. It is too cold this morning to even think about getting out from under these covers. smiley
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by texanomaly(f): 1:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
Tovot: Awww pele,its afternoon here and quite hot,want to switch places?
Yes!
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by texanomaly(f): 1:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mynd is going to come soon, and we will be in trouble for derailing. cool
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Tovot: 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
lol,
texanomaly:
Yes!
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Tovot: 2:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
I was just bout to say so,it was nice derailing this thread though,meet me in the chat central
texanomaly: Mynd is going to come soon, and we will be in trouble for derailing. cool
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by DEllaluv(f): 7:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
Now am finally here...dt shade sef,she s quite annoyin
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by texanomaly(f): 7:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Now am finally here...dt shade sef,she s quite annoyin
Yes she is.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 9:00am On Oct 17, 2013
Running through the path they once walked when they were going into the village seemed easy enough with Shade and her sense of direction leading them. she knew where to take a left and where to take a right or where to jump over tree stumps by memory since she had stored it in her head on the trip into the village while. She had the machete in her right hand and was holding it more firmly out of an outburst of fear, panic and a little bit of impulsion. It made her feel a lot better knowing she was armed and can cause damage to whatever might try to take her.

Kayode was directly behind Shade. He prided himself in the fact that he was fast but he had never seen a girl beat him in a race before but in this case, all he saw in front of him was Shade making her way through the path like she had lived there all her life. He could hear her footsteps in front of him and above his own breathing; he could hear the two girls behind him desperately trying to keep up with the two of them and all he could feel for them was pity. There nothing he could do to make them faster now and it seemed like a bad idea to slow down.

Tayo and Zainab had almost the same speed and even with the thought that their lives were in danger, they could not meet up with Kayode. Shade was way in front and it seemed like she was a born sprinter. Zainab’s heart pounded within her chest as she made her way through undergrowth and tried as much as possible to keep up with the rest of them. She had lost her phone in the mad dash and she did not even realize that she had all she had on her mind was getting out: wherever out was.

Tayo could barely see Shade’s back and with the speed they were all going she was already having doubt that she would be able to keep up. Her body temperature was rising dangerously and air was not getting into her lungs fast enough thus her nostrils felt like they were breathing fire. Beads of sweat broke on her face and even in the shock of the scene she just saw, her body threatened to break down from the resulting fatigue not minding that her life was in danger but she pressed on. Her knees were beginning to hurt and her eyes got blurred a little while she moved her legs with her mind now with just the thought that she did not want to die as the only thing pushing her on.

With Tayo’s eyes not seeing properly and her body fighting to sustain the exercise, she paid less attention to the path was running on and was beginning to miss things. She ran into trees and other shrubs more which broke her speed and made her slower and she began to see less and less of Zainab that was beside her just seconds ago and when she tried to push herself to run faster, her feet caught a little rock. The rock would not have been large enough to cause any damage but due to the conditions of her body, she could not stop or control most of her body. For a brief moment, she lost consciousness and her hands stretched out instinctively to break her fall and protect her face and chest as she went crashing into the forest floor barely missing a dangerously upward pointing rock and immediately she opened her eyes, all she could do was scream.

Shade was still in the front for a long while and she knew she would have remained there but she knew she had to slow down. After the initial shock of Emeka being killed right in front of her, some logic was coming back to her as she began to reason that that was just one snake. There was no chance that another snake could be right there and after them. The girl could have possibly brought the snake on them since they claimed to have seen it earlier and when they ran, it might have just followed. She refused to believe that they were being followed and against her better judgment, she slowed down with her hand firmly around the machete she saw Kayode run past her.

She immediately felt guilty for leaving everyone else behind and she slowed down until she was no more running but she was walking fast and in a matter of seconds, Zainab caught up with her and Shade looked behind but did not see Tayo anywhere.

“Where is Tayo?” she called at Zainab who did not turn or slow down

“She was behind me some seconds ago, perhaps she got tired” was the reply she got and she said to herself “This morning can’t get any better”
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 9:02am On Oct 17, 2013
She ran back in the direction she passed once but cautiously this time and that was when she heard Tayo scream. She ran back a little bit faster clutching on to the machete and when she got closer to where she thought, the scream came from, she started walking very slowly. She was expecting to see Tayo being eating or attacked but instead all she saw was the girl on the floor fighting with herself to stand up and Shade understood what was wrong.

She ran towards her and said;

“Relax, you will burn yourself out if you are not careful” She reached for her back and brought out a water bottle and said “Take a drink from this, it will make you feel better

She helped her sit up, unscrewed the cover and brought the bottle to her mouth. Tayo took gulps of what she expected to be water but turned out to be a sugar drink. The fluid seemed to bring life into her system and almost immediately, she felt her strength return slowly as her body temperature which was dangerously high reduced dramatically. Shade had dropped the machete beside her when she bent down to pick up Tayo and she was now kneeling beside her with her back turned on the path that leads to the village as she saw Tayo’s face improve and she knew her strength was coming back

“Okay, let’s get you back on your feet and get out of here” but Tayo did not respond in as she expected.

Tayo’s was looking in the direction of the village and behind her and she saw something making its way through the floor of the forest. It had a long path behind it which could only mean it was either whatever was making the disturbance was making permanent damage or it was really long and crawling. Tayo did not need any more analysis to tell her what to do and she scrambled to her feet kicking Shade in the face while she was at it and took off.

The water bottle flew out of Shade’s hand and she fell to the ground. She wondered what would make Tayo act that way after she had tried to be nice to her and with the pain of the kick still burning her face, she heard a sound behind her and she understood why Tayo had acted that way. She did not bother trying to get on her feet and run as she knew she won’t be able to do that in time. She just turned around so she was lying down and facing the path. She saw an ugly head rise out of the undergrowth and looking at her.

The snake’s eyes were fixed on hers and the snake slowed down as it approached it’s intending pray with almost gladness. It was pleased to see the pray was not going to fight it and Shade did not even try to fight as she knew she stood no chance. She heard the rest of the snake’s body coil to meet the head and she heard something else in her head: it was a hissing sound which she could make out voices from. It was almost as though she could hear the snake think.

“I will eat your body and feed your soul to my queen human” t
he voice seemed to say as she saw the snake’s head come closer to her slowly. She leaned back into the ground with her eyes as she expected the pain from the bite at any time but as she adjusted her right hand, it struck something. She opened her eyes and she still saw the snake which was savoring the taste of the meal it was about to have and she running her hand on what she touched, she knew what it was and she knew she had to take her chance.

The snake got tired of the game and pulled its head back to strike and Shade grabbed at the object she felt and held it tightly as it pushed its head forward; she brought the object up and swung her hand in front of her.

The speed of both the snake’s head coming forward and her hand were almost the same speed and the same time as she saw the snake’s head leave its body in an instant with her hand tightly around the handle of her machete which was now stained in blood. She pushed herself back and took another look at the body which was struggling and she ran after Tayo cursing under her breathe.

Kayode got the where the car was parked first but realized that he did not have the key, he waited for some time and Zainab caught up with him

“What now?” she asked

“Have you seen shade? The keys are with her”

“I passed her just before Tayo screamed and I have not seen her yet do you think she is coming?”
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 9:05am On Oct 17, 2013
Kayode knew he had to think fast. He had gone past Shade and did not ask why she was slowing down. He simply thought she was tired and when she gathered some strength, she would catch up but it seemed that would not be the case. He kept looking behind and before long, he saw Tayo coming through and not showing signs of slowly down.
He caught her but she fought him and he said;

“Have you seen Shade?”

“Yes I saw her” she started crying “She is dead. I saw a snake crawl up to her before I took off and it is possible she is dead too”

Kayode felt his heartbeat increased as the thought of another one of them killed by a snake got him worried

Kayode could not risk waiting around for Shade to show up so he kept running hoping he could make it to the expressway

“None of us has the key to the car so I think we should keep running and hope to make it to the road and if we have any luck, we will find someone to help us there”

They broke into a run again and headed in the direction of the expressway.

Shade left the dying snake and started running. Now she was sure there was more than one snake in the forest so she knew she could not waste any more time and with the treatment he got from Tayo, saving anyone won’t be part of what she would be doing.

Kayode lead the way through the forest as they made their way, the car had created a sort of path so it was easy navigating through the forest but this time they moved slower due to tiredness and they had barely walked far when Kayode saw a huge snake come down from a tree just in front of them. He transferred his machete to his right hand from his left and moved in front of the girls.

The girls saw the snake just as Kayode came in front of them and the stood in fear as the snake got to the ground and came towards them with a rage they knew was deadly. Kayode fixed his eyes on the snake and Tayo looked back to see another one behind them closing in on them slowly. She wanted to scream but it would not help anyone since there was no one around.

Kayode said;

“Stay close to me and when I tell you to, run”

“what are you planning to do?” Zainab said

His plan was simple. Since he was the one in front, he would draw the attention of the snake in front and give the girls a chance to run

“Don’t stop until you get to the
road and run into the road. The cars are more likely to stop if you are in the middle than on the side”

“But you are coming with us right” Tayo said

“Yes I will be right behind you” Kayode said even though he knew he was lying

He ran towards the snake in front of him but he made sure he ran to the side and just as he thought, the snake followed his movement. He shouted “Now run” and the girls took did not need anyone else to tell them. The snake was out of their front and was now looking at kayode while the one behind was still coming and they ran for it but the snake raised part of its body and blocked their way.

It went for Kayode and kayode tried to strike it with his machete but he missed. He snake took a bite at his leg and sank its fang into it and he screamed in pain. The snake behind the girls still came slowly approaching them trying to decide which of them to go for first when a curious sound was heard from behind the snake.

Something was making its way through the forest. The girls could not afford to look away from the snake at what was making the noise. The snake came further but the noise got louder and they saw a care come up from behind the snake and ran it over beneath the wheels. The car did not slow down and Zainab knew exactly the intention. She jumped out of the way pushing Tayo too sideways just quickly enough for the car to run over the snake whose fangs were in Kayode’s legs.

The snake removed its fangs as it got crushed immediately and the doors to the car the driver’s side window came down

“Are you coming in or you would rather have another run through the rain forest” Shade said in between breaths with her head still bloody from where Tayo had kicked her earlier.

Tayo ran to the car and sat down in front while Zainab went to help Kayode into the back seat. Immediately they were in, Shade stepped on the accelerator. She looked into the rear view mirror and saw three more snakes making their way out of the forest but the disappeared fast as the car picked up speed and seconds later, she was back on the old Ife road driving furiously to the nearest hospital
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 9:06am On Oct 17, 2013
Good morning everyone
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 17, 2013
Mynd I love u!!!!!!!!!!!! (Agape love oooo)
Mind blowing,Awesome,Out of dis world fantabulous!!!!!!!!!!
Choiiiiiiii.....
Wen is d next update?.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 9:16am On Oct 17, 2013
Vickii Ro: Mynd I love u!!!!!!!!!!!! (Agape love oooo)
Mind blowing,Awesome,Out of dis world fantabulous!!!!!!!!!!
Choiiiiiiii.....
Wen is d next update?.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Katherine Eta Is 3rd Winner In The MOSWC 2017 Held In Disneyland / What Is An Unseen Prose? / Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.