Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Do People Change? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do People Change? (1956 Views)

Why Do Some People Change After The First Date? / Why Do People Change After Wedding? / Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do People Change? by ATMC(f): 4:32am On Sep 30, 2013
so many times, people enter relationships whereby their partner has some attitudes they believe they can change within the course of time. so many times, they get disappointed at the long run as they discover the change effected isn't permanent or blatantly their partner refused to change. since nature is not subject to change, i ask is human nature subject to change?
Re: Do People Change? by ITbomb(m): 5:10am On Sep 30, 2013
Human beings dont change. It is the image or perception we have of another that tends to change.
What happens in nature that we see as change is just nature tryin to balance itself. Same with humans. So instead of tryin to understand a man or woman or even nature at one particular side of life, try to understand its pattern and the way he/it balances itself against emotions n the forces of life. Then you will understand why a person does what he does instead of what you think he should do from ur narrow one sided view of him
Re: Do People Change? by ATMC(f): 5:14am On Sep 30, 2013
ITbomb: Human beings dont change. It is the image or perception we have of another that tends to change.
What happens in nature that we see as change is just nature tryin to balance itself. Same with humans. So instead of tryin to understand a man or woman or even nature at one particular side of life, try to understand its pattern and the way he/it balances itself against emotions n the forces of life. Then you will understand why a person does what he does instead of what you think he should do from ur narrow one sided view of him
I don't get d bolded pls
Re: Do People Change? by djeezy(m): 6:10am On Sep 30, 2013
I believe humans change. Its the only constant thing in life. It could be change from bad to good, good to bad or bad to worst. All these takes time to be efficacious and sometimes we wait and get disappointed.
Re: Do People Change? by ATMC(f): 6:31am On Sep 30, 2013
djeezy: I believe humans change. Its the only constant thing in life. It could be change from bad to good, good to bad or bad to worst. All these takes time to be efficacious and sometimes we wait and get disappointed.
if humans change for real then how do yhu explain 'backsliding'?
Re: Do People Change? by djeezy(m): 6:39am On Sep 30, 2013
ATMC: if humans change for real then how do yhu explain 'backsliding'?
Swthrt, we have positive and negative changes. Change is change..
Re: Do People Change? by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 30, 2013
Your change is N20 if you carry N50 buy akara N30.

Change nah change...
Re: Do People Change? by ATMC(f): 6:57am On Sep 30, 2013
djeezy: Swthrt, we have positive and negative changes. Change is change..
yhu know like when someone is known with certain attitude and then another comes and makes him drop that attitude and pick another, we say the person changed abi? but then after a while this person goes back to what he used to be, can we say change actually occured in the first place or was the person just trying to impress the other?
Re: Do People Change? by djeezy(m): 6:57am On Sep 30, 2013
okpara ugo: Your change is N20 if you carry N50 buy akara N30.

Change nah change...
lol
Re: Do People Change? by ATMC(f): 7:01am On Sep 30, 2013
okpara ugo: Your change is N20 if you carry N50 buy akara N30.

Change nah change...
this is so funny dt i forgot to laugh.
Re: Do People Change? by djeezy(m): 7:15am On Sep 30, 2013
ATMC: yhu know like when someone is known with certain attitude and then another comes and makes him drop that attitude and pick another, we say the person changed abi? but then after a while this person goes back to what he used to be, can we say change actually occured in the first place or was the person just trying to impress the other?
I get your point. It's tantamount to our new year resolutions, first two weeks later we retract back to our old lives. Swthrt that kind of change you seek is so incommodious to actualize. It only takes a miracle and God. A bad habit or attitude becomes strong with time and years until it becomes part of us and you don't expect to break it off in a day, it'll take time which means you'd be backslide sometimes and you pick yourself up understanding your achilles heels. Even the so-cold born again christians do backslide and repent again. That's as a result of human frailty, we are imperfect beings. And lastly remember that it's hard to change who we truly are, but that doesn't mean it's not possible. People can truly change from bad to good.
Re: Do People Change? by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 30, 2013
People dont change in a relationship, that doesnt mean they make predictable choices.

Here's what a person can change about himself, with a great deal of work and time:

- Ability to control impulses

- Capacity to forgive

- Preferences for past time personal styles e.g fashion style

- Perspection of his/her place in the world

- Ability to act in a way that is expected of him

What doesnt change is the person's core essence, so the nature of whatever the person brings of himself into a relationship doesnt change.

“Core essence” is not easily defined, although we all have an idea for what it means.

1 Like

Re: Do People Change? by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 30, 2013
Yes
Re: Do People Change? by Popowaa: 7:53am On Sep 30, 2013
People do change.Some change for the better and some change for the worse.Circumstances change people,money changes people,people change people,love sometimes changes people,experience changes people.age changes people.
A whole lot of things changes people but u dont go into a relationshp or marrige hoping the person will change or you will be able to change the person.What if he/she never change?But ppl do change
Re: Do People Change? by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 30, 2013
Popowaa: People do change.Some change for the better and some change for the worse.Circumstances change people,money changes people,people change people,love sometimes changes people,experience changes people.age changes people.
A whole lot of things changes people but u dont go into a relationshp or marrige hoping the person will change or you will be able to change the person.What if he/she never change?But ppl do change

People dont change dear, they only make changes - Its two different 'concepts'.

I was on a thread where the poster was asking if the ladies can date a nerd, why such question? Thats cos a nerd is a nerd and cant change but can make adjustments cos he's found himself in a union.

The big five personality traits [extraversion, neuroticism, openness to experience, agreedableness, conscientiousness] are considered to be consistent and fixed. They cant be changed hon.
Re: Do People Change? by swagqueen(f): 8:15am On Sep 30, 2013
Women change but men DON'T!!! cool[

Pls it's my opinion o.
Re: Do People Change? by djeezy(m): 8:18am On Sep 30, 2013
El Guapo:

I was on a thread where the poster was asking if the ladies can date a nerd, why such question? Thats cos a nerd is a nerd and cant change but can make adjustments cos he's found himself in a union.

The big five personality traits [extraversion, neuroticism, openness to experience, agreedableness, conscientiousness] are considered to be consistent and fixed. They cant be changed hon.
That's not the kind of change the op meant. E.g A smoker who stops smoking, or a cheating bf who stops cheating.
Re: Do People Change? by Popowaa: 8:26am On Sep 30, 2013
El Guapo:

Some make adjustments and some really change
Re: Do People Change? by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 30, 2013
djeezy: That's not the kind of change the op meant. E.g A smoker who stops smoking, or a cheating bf who stops cheating.

Well, smoking and cheating as instances are not imbibed in our nature, they were cropped habits.

So if a smoker would quit smoking, thats cos he wanted to make an adjustment, it doesnt entail he's had his nature changed.

Lets say the poster shoulda come up with people's ability to make changes and not changing their entire self.
Re: Do People Change? by ATMC(f): 9:25am On Sep 30, 2013
djeezy: That's not the kind of change the op meant. E.g A smoker who stops smoking, or a cheating bf who stops cheating.
who told you? he's on point. i liked his post
Re: Do People Change? by ITbomb(m): 9:34am On Sep 30, 2013
190-the-clown:

serves her ass rite grin grin grin grin
One of those that 'wished'
@OP for the bolden, it will take an article to explain it. But the summary is that people change from hot to cool and back depending on the circumstances BUT if you study the pattern on which they change , u basically see the same personality.
Re: Do People Change? by ATMC(f): 9:35am On Sep 30, 2013
@Elguapo...u have a point and a sound one at that. i think humans don't change because they are designed already by nature to act a certain way. so for them to change means therez a mistake somewhere and we all know nature doesnt make mistake. nature equips humans to act a certain way and also to adapt and adjust but to change? i doubt
Re: Do People Change? by ATMC(f): 9:38am On Sep 30, 2013
swag queen: Women change but men DON'T!!! cool[

Pls it's my opinion o.
LIKE SWAG IT IS!
Re: Do People Change? by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 30, 2013
Dont expect to go into a relationship expecting the partner to change. If you dont like what u see, dont bother knocking.
Re: Do People Change? by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 30, 2013
ATMC: @Elguapo...u have a point and a sound one at that. i think humans don't change because they are designed already by nature to act a certain way. so for them to change means therez a mistake somewhere and we all know nature doesnt make mistake. nature equips humans to act a certain way and also to adapt and adjust but to change? i doubt

Just on point.
Re: Do People Change? by ATMC(f): 9:53am On Sep 30, 2013
ITbomb:
One of those that 'wished'
@OP for the bolden, it will take an article to explain it. But the summary is that people change from hot to cool and back depending on the circumstances BUT if you study the pattern on which they change , u basically see the same personality.
God pass them! back to gist, if people change from hot to cool and back, emphasis on back, do you think change occured for real?
Re: Do People Change? by 190theclown: 9:58am On Sep 30, 2013
grin grin
Re: Do People Change? by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 30, 2013
People change yet remain true to themselves. Despite their different phases, they still have the same identity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

LADIES!!! Which Of These Do You Wear? / When A Woman Puts Her Feet On Your Car's Dashboard .. / Angry Fada Disgrace 10 Years Old Daughter On Fb 4 Lying Abt Her Age & Havin A BF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.