Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched (58336 Views)

Gov. Fashola Unveils The Tallest Hotel In West Africa In Lagos (PHOTOS) / World Tallest Hotel Set To Be Opened In Dubai (photos) / The Ritz-carlton Hong Kong: The World's Tallest Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Teotihuacan: 8:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
bakynes: Many Haters of Lagos on this thread (My Eastern brothers sorry). As for those saying this hotel isn't the only 5-star hotel, Nigeria doesn't have any 5-star hotel from International rating nt even Transcorp hIlton Abuja,Sheraton hotel lagos,Orientals hotel lagos,protea hotel lagos,Eko hotels etc. As for the ones in the UK I was priviledge to stay a night in a 5-star hotel called Grovesnor Hotel off Hyde park,London and I most say the service was fantastic u are treated like a king or Queen (seriously). So its nt only abt the edifice,the service matters too. Eko o ni bajeeeeeeeeee
Grosvenor ko Brixton ni, bloody show-off......
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by mkoabiola: 8:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
Is Eko hotel 5 star or 3 star?snc ds is d only 5 star hotel in nja.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Chinom(m): 8:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
TribalEAST: SW again? angry

LAGOS !!! not South West. Do i need to explain that ?.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by bakynes(m): 8:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
Teotihuacan: Grosvenor ko Brixton ni, bloody show-off......

So if I show off is it any of ur business.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Teotihuacan: 8:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
jayblinx: boss u just lied....wat eva hotel mr fashola built isnt the tallest hotel in west africa....Hotel 2 fervrier in lome togo has 36 storeys...and has the record of the tallest...dont come here and deceive any1....if u want to b sure...use google or check the other post on lome togo and see dat tall building wit sumtn lyk an ''X'' on top....i live in togo
Welcome to the yoruba propaganda we are forcefed here on NL my friend........
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by bakynes(m): 8:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chinom:

LAGOS !!! not South West. Do i need to explain that ?.

And Lagos is where? In the South East?
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Decryptor(m): 8:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
bakynes: Many Haters of Lagos on this thread (My Eastern brothers sorry). As for those saying this hotel isn't the only 5-star hotel, Nigeria doesn't have any 5-star hotel from International rating nt even Transcorp hIlton Abuja,Sheraton hotel lagos,Orientals hotel lagos,protea hotel lagos,Eko hotels etc. As for the ones in the UK I was priviledge to stay a night in a 5-star hotel called Grovesnor Hotel off Hyde park,London and I most say the service was fantastic u are treated like a king or Queen (seriously). So its nt only abt the edifice,the service matters too. Eko o ni bajeeeeeeeeee
You googled hotels in the UK and hurriedly typed in the bolded to claim you spent a night there. And yet, you MISPELT the name of the Hotel as Grovesnor instead of Grosvenor! It is either you are a learner that cannot remember the name of the hotel you claim you spent the night in or you are a liar like most of my yoruba brothers who are usually known for chest-beating and loud-mouthed boasting!

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Teotihuacan: 8:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
bakynes:

So if I show off is it any of ur business.
You are so vain,empty drums and noisemaking.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by weezii(m): 8:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
the building is a beauty. saw the night view but couldnt take a shot. well kudos to him
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Teotihuacan: 8:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
Decryptor: You googled hotels in the UK and hurriedly typed in the bolded to claim you spent a night there. And yet, you MISPELT the name of the Hotel as Grovesnor instead of Grosvenor! It is either you are a learner that cannot remember the name of the hotel you claim you spent the night in or you are a liar like most of my yoruba brothers who are usually know for chest-beating and loud-mouthed boasting!
THANK YOU MY BROTHER!! if we say it is a tribal attribute and it isnt his fault.We will be hung at the gallows.......
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by bakynes(m): 8:58pm On Sep 30, 2013
Decryptor: You googled hotels in the UK and hurriedly typed in the bolded to claim you spent a night there. And yet, you MISPELT the name of the Hotel as Grovesnor instead of Grosvenor! It is either you are a learner that cannot remember the name of the hotel you claim you spent the night in or you are a liar like most of my yoruba brothers who are usually known for chest-beating and loud-mouthed boasting!

Fool, you googled it I didn't even really pay attention to the name since it was years back when I was in the UK for my masters and my Aunt from American who married a white man hosted a dinner and invited me,my mum and my sister so quit hating I actually did spend the Night there. I didn't say I paid for the hotel and like I said I was priviledge u no dey hear English.

4 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by tolurainbow(m): 8:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
pro01: A massive N30b ($200m) 'investment' created a paltry 650 jobs?

Besides, who patronises these overpriced 'luxury' hotels for pete's sake? I'm sure they are not "tourists" as the state government deludedly advertises. There are already too many of these vanity projects in Lagos, and I don't see how we need more.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for the thieves who finance these white elephants (whilst hiding behind the facade of foreign partners) to consider channeling their loot towards more productive investments - that would have a greater impact on the state's development and benefit a greater number of ordinary people.. . .in terms of job creation and otherwise.
see poor man opinion...with all dis kind of pple Nigeria can Neva move forward lazy Gen...u dorrr...

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Teotihuacan: 9:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
bakynes:

And Lagos is where? In the South East?
All Yoruba towns are South western towns but not all South western towns are 'exclusively' yoruba towns e.g Illorin,Lagos etc.....

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by whitecat007: 9:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
This one looks way better than the one at the intersection of piedmont/peachtree in buckhead
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by naptu2: 9:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
weezii: the building is a beauty. saw the night view but couldnt take a shot. well kudos to him

It's absolutely be-au-ti-ful at night. I love the red dots.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by abacusCm(m): 9:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
Short time na how much?

2 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by bakynes(m): 9:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
Teotihuacan: THANK YOU MY BROTHER!! if we say it is a tribal attribute and it isnt his fault.We will be hung at the gallows.......

Quit hating my Eastern brothers,it won't take you anywhere believe me or nt i don't care you can check my previous posts on foreign related topics, that wld tell u I did study in the UK and I was priviledge to spend the night in that hotel

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Chinom(m): 9:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
Much thanks to Fashola. The OGBUEFI 1 of Lagos grin

6 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Teotihuacan: 9:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
bakynes:

Fool, you googled it I didn't even really pay attention to the name since it was years back when I was in the UK for my masters and my Aunt from American who married a white man hosted a dinner and invited me,my mum and my sister so quit hating I actually did spend the Night there. I didn't say I paid for the hotel and like I said I was priviledge u no dey hear English.
This paaaapuuuupaaaapuuuu is deafening.could you Please tune down the volume?! Tenkz.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by bakynes(m): 9:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
Teotihuacan: All Yoruba towns are South western towns but not all South western towns are 'exclusively' yoruba towns e.g Illorin,Lagos etc.....

You just shot ur self on the foot,Ilorin my bro is Northwest and nt south west.Go back and read ur state and capital and shut up next time.

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Teotihuacan: 9:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
bakynes:

Quit hating my Eastern brothers,it won't take you anywhere believe me or nt i don't care you can check my previous posts on foreign related topics, that wld tell u I did study in the UK and I was priviledge to spend the night in that hotel
Yeah right.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Nate7even: 9:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
bakynes:

Just ignore them you don't have to prove it to them

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Babymiles(f): 9:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mines gonna be bigger n better.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Babymiles(f): 9:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mine's gonna be bigger n better.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by weezii(m): 9:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
naptu2:

It's absolutely be-au-ti-ful at night. I love the red dots.
yeapp, that hotel is sure gonna boom well.

hey guys stop fighting here, someone should get us a night view of this beauty ASAp cheesy
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Gbawe: 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
jayblinx: boss u just lied....wat eva hotel mr fashola built isnt the tallest hotel in west africa....Hotel 2 fervrier in lome togo has 36 storeys...and has the record of the tallest...dont come here and deceive any1....if u want to b sure...use google or check the other post on lome togo and see dat tall building wit sumtn lyk an ''X'' on top....i live in togo

Unless given the specific height, a 20 storey building could be taller than a 40 storey building because floor to ceiling height of individual rooms/apartments is entirely discretionary and can be significantly different from building to building. For example, a building with 15 floors of apartments, with each apartment having a floor to ceiling height of of 5 metres, would be taller than a building having 20 floors with each floor having a floor to ceiling height of 2.5 metres.

Your argument is dead on arrival because of its basic ignorance and erroneous assumption. Bring us specific metric heights of buildings to be compared and we can talk. Speaking based on "storey" is ridiculous considering that height of individual units vary within even the same building let alone from one building to the next.

12 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by jairusben(m): 9:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
The building is cool.. Bt wat spoilt the appearance is dat it was built in the midst of bungalows.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Teotihuacan: 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
bakynes:

You just shot ur self on the foot,Ilorin my bro is Northwest and nt south west.shut up
So Illorin is an aboki town?! What happened?? But anyway Lagos as far as Lord Lugard and Murtala Mohammed are concerned is a Nigerian town and just like illorin nobody has exclusive right over them but as far as the hotel is foreign not yoruba or Tinubu owned, we 're good.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by gbokukueba(m): 9:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
CFCfan:
Confirmed big boy grin

No be by choice ma broda I no get that kind money equivalent of 70k per night...

Na company pay ooo

2 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by mcocolok(m): 9:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
is the hotel in brazil?
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by IdeaIsNeed: 9:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
Yes but, what if there's a fire.......
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Trailii: 9:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
gbokukueba:

I will not disagree with the first part of your point but the second part i think hotels in Nigeria are hastily rated... imagine Golde Tulip saying its a 4star hotel... i lived in a 4 star hotel in Dubai for 9months its can compete with the so called 5 star hotels in Nigeria...
haba..... Pls fear God nao.... 9 month in a 4 star hotel in dubai? Oboy uno sabi lie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Italian Man Shares A Picture He Took With His Family In Onitsha In 1977-Pictures / Cow Causes Accident In Abuja, Nigeria’s Capital City / Passenger Forgets Money In Uyo In Keke Napep In Akwa Ibom State. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.