Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched (58332 Views)

Gov. Fashola Unveils The Tallest Hotel In West Africa In Lagos (PHOTOS) / World Tallest Hotel Set To Be Opened In Dubai (photos) / The Ritz-carlton Hong Kong: The World's Tallest Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by AdeniyiA(m): 6:33am On Oct 01, 2013
tallest this, first that, largest this, biggest that....... these are all the claims of our leaders , celebrated with fanfare and taxpayers money, all these have not translated into improving the living standard of the common man.
The question I asked myself was, how will a tallest hotel benefit me? NONE, instead, it would take from me

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by teejaybil: 6:51am On Oct 01, 2013
bakynes:

You just shot ur self on the foot,Ilorin my bro is Northwest and nt south west.Go back and read ur state and capital and shut up next time.

...........Erm North central u mean ?

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by ba7man(m): 6:51am On Oct 01, 2013
Slowly and surely, the Nigerian Landscape is Changing.

Old dilapidated buildings are being torn down and replaced with new ones.

Malls, hotels, housing estates, refurbished buildings etc are being developed again.......Compared to the stagnation of the late 80s and 90s era, Nigeria is moving again.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by naptu2: 6:54am On Oct 01, 2013
ba7man: Slowly and surely, the Nigerian Landscape is Changing.

Old dilapidated buildings are being torn down and replaced with new ones.

Malls, hotels, housing estates, refurbished buildings etc are being developed again.......Compared to the stagnation of the late 80s and 90s era, Nigeria is moving again.

✓ So true. So true.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by otokx(m): 6:59am On Oct 01, 2013
Rossikk:

That is SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

In many Budget hotels in the US and the UK you would struggle to get WI Fi or even a good dinner. Many 3 star hotels in the UK even lack AC and room service, swimming pools etc. Abeg make we hear something.

Tell dem make dem hear.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by ba7man(m): 7:01am On Oct 01, 2013
@Decryptor

As for that school...LMAO! It looked like what Hurricane Eko caressed grin grin[/quote]How do you acomplish achievements normally way beyond you??

You develop an idea and you search for investors to invest in it. LASG developed the idea, approached Chagoury to invest in it and provided him with the political backing to carry it out.

I'm just a regular guy in the construction industry but i could also develop a Building design idea and shop for someone to invest his money in the construction. That way, he gets paid, I get paid and people that will occupy the building will also be happy.

With advanced thinking, Lagos gets to develop a brand new city that will make the rest of Nigeria look like a village..........without having to touch its IGR or go "cap in hand" to the FG.

If you're Governors are intelligent, they had better start shopping for investors to carry out grand projects in their states or risk them looking like sleepy villages for the next 20years.

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by adconline(m): 7:05am On Oct 01, 2013
Rossikk: I've been all over and believe me, foreign hotels are over rated. Most are no better or worse than their Nigerian counterparts.
Maybe you have only been to Somali and Afghanistan. 5-star hotel is no fluke.. According Forbes ranking, London has about 7 5-star hotels, Chicago has about 4-5 5-star hotels. But here in Naija, everything is 5-star.. From LE-meridien to Four Seasons, even though these brands are not usually known as 5-stars in the US and EU.. Like my dad used to say, old style in England is always a new style in Africa

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Effwazobia: 7:06am On Oct 01, 2013
Goodness, what is all the fuss about one hotel? This shows how backwards we are. We are just used to mediocrity. One hotel, and una dey shout all over the place. Go to the civilized world and see how many hotels like that they have in ONE CITY, let alone the state (lets not even talk about the country as a whole). We have got to do better folks. Take Chicago for instant, on Michigan avenue (or less than one mile from Michigan avenue), there are over 20 of such hotels. Mind you Chicago is a city, and not even a state. Note that this pattern is consistent throughout the cities in the US and in the western world. Make una wake up Jare, we no get anything in Niger. Literally, screw this one hotel, I ain't impressed. Honestly, we have got to start travelling more. I am not talking about travelling to Cotonuo
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Anvaller: 7:10am On Oct 01, 2013
[quote author=musiwa1l]geeez, what nonsense IGR are you talking about. Their IGR have not grow, they are just telling lies about IGR to get elected. if lagos IGR is 20billion.

does this look like the igr have grew. this is lagos schools, if the IGR have grew then people should be arrested for stealing money. Eko Atlantic is not own by lagos, it is own by a private company.

Gilbert Chagoury is the owner of eko altantic

http://www.chagourygroup.com/real-estate/eko-atlantic/

Pls keep in mind that when u write about a past occurrence, the verb must be either in past or past participle form. Here is a very simple rule, anytime you have "have" or "had" and "has" in a sentence, the verb must be in past participle form unless u are using a word whose past participle form is the same as the past form. U might be offended with this and lash back at me but I will accept it as a sacrifice cos I am sure that u will take the correction even if u pretend as if u don't and that is what I want to achieve.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Tyche(m): 7:13am On Oct 01, 2013
Garri_Activist: Why are Igbos so greedy, selfish, stingy and yet tribalistic? I'm amazed their level of greediness! I have plenty of them as friends and workiing colleagues, they are so greedy and selfish even to themselves.

There's this Igbo I work with he is so selfish, stingy and greedy that he feels it's a waste of credit to call you either to pass a vital information about the work. He can't even send an ordinary 5 Naira sms he will just keep on flashing and flashing...unless of course maybe he wants favour from you then he will quickly call and rush the conversation to highest 10 seconds. LOL! Wtf is wrong with these people? Na only dem like moneyshocked

And there's this one that stays with me.. Actually, we stays in the same compound, different rooms but we share the same kitchen. Initially we used to contribute to buy food stuffs together until I realize how selfish and stingy he is. I forgot to add, he's also a f'cukin lazy dog! All he want is to meet everything on a platter of gold. This nigga will go to work in the morning, come back and meet a well-prepared meal without him contributing a dime, he will eat and clean mouth, go to bed well fed.. The next morning he will get up and take hsi bath, clean his azz up and move out leaving the plate he ate with untidy for his papa to wash..

If this how majority of Igbos behave then Naija is in a deep s'hit.. No wonder they can't rule this country till fuuuuurrrrrrtherrrr notice!

poor boy. you need to work on upgrading your life first before hating

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Gbawe: 7:16am On Oct 01, 2013
kenjudy:

Mr. Lecturer we don hear. Dem be god, dem get better everytin. Don't forget u're also one of us whether u like it or not. Anybody go just open mouth insult naija becos say una just learn small english from oyibo man. Anuofia!

Anuofia to you too whatever that means. Continue to writhe on the floor in your inferiority complex. If you think I am looking down at others then you have got it wrong. I am just telling them to 'fix up'. We are all adults and citizens of the same country yet some, because of one chip on their shoulder or the other, continue to talk senselessly and childishly instead of in a mature and progressive manner.

Of course any progressive person is bound to find the utterances I responded to distasteful. Having to be a fellow citizen to literally many 'waste of space' folks will make sensible Nigerians confront the poor human development aspect that means progress for their beloved Nation may take far longer than it should. Sadly, the reality is that it is the sort of id1ots I responded to who make it to leadership positions in Nigeria and they then begin 'stinking up the joint' with their pettiness, prejudice, dearth of ideas and insecurity.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by naptu2: 7:19am On Oct 01, 2013
Anvaller:

Musiwa's sentences are correct because they are written in the Batu Language and comply with Batu tense rules. They are not written in English.

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by adconline(m): 7:23am On Oct 01, 2013
naptu2:

Musiwa's sentences are correct because they are written in the Batu Language and comply with Batu tense rules. They are not written in English.
And his English is made in Toronto cos that's where he purchased his degree.

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by ceeethru(m): 7:24am On Oct 01, 2013
absolutely madness. 30billion was spent just to creat 650 jobs only. May God help us.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by adconline(m): 7:26am On Oct 01, 2013
[quote author=Anvaller][/quote]
Could you speak Batu language please. He does not understand your language! Lol
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Gbawe: 7:26am On Oct 01, 2013
Xriss:

Someone asks 2 valid questions then misses his way and you use about 75% of your response to insult him and the remaining part to address where he got it wrong but ignored the valid questions.....YOUR RESPONSE MIRRORS A BIG PROBLEM WITH THE NIGERIAN SOCIETY.

Why not stick to the issues raised and when it is off point you make it known and probably take a brief sublime hit at him, but in all your rant you also expose your own short comings.

Your response suggests you are someone who generates more problems rather than one who provides any solutions.

That would be you because you do not understand that Nairalander know each other. The chap in questions did not ask "valid questions". In his usual obsession with speaking negatively and in an ethnocentric manner , to malign any positive recorded by Lagos or the SW, he produced totally childish garbage that embarrass the Nigerian education system.

Go back and read what he wrote, and perhaps look into his past posts here, to see that my response is apt for him and others. If we are talking of Arsenal football club buying a player for £30 million and I begin talking of how this reflects badly on Boris Johnson, what responses do you think I would receive? Abeg, you guys should put aside your pettiness and condemn same from others so talk on this forum can be idea-driven rather than the sort that disgraces Nigeria and mire us in childish 1diocy.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by gbokukueba(m): 7:29am On Oct 01, 2013
Trail ii: haba..... Pls fear God nao.... 9 month in a 4 star hotel in dubai? Oboy uno sabi lie.

I dont have to trade words with you as your poverty thinking has gotten the better of you... didn't you hear me say company paid for it? I stayed at Rose Rayhaan Hotel DIFC! Yes for 9 months... go kill yourself!

2 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by gbokukueba(m): 7:32am On Oct 01, 2013
[quote author=Tolexander]father inlaw!
4 star hotel in dubai for 9months?
Yet a lollipop is very difficult to buy for you son-inlaw?
God is watching you in 3D o!
grin[/quote

Your lollipop was confisticated by your sharp immigration officers at MMIA last week... tongue
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by bong4(m): 7:37am On Oct 01, 2013
$£yi:

Not as much as Nigerians overrate theirs. Perhaps you are referring to their services, but architecturally we are just too behind.
what do you go to get in a hotel? Bad Service?
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:54am On Oct 01, 2013
Why do Igbo people get jealous whenever the South West records a milestone? First, it was the siting of Shoprite and KFC in Ibadan, now it is the opening of the tallest hotel in West Africa in Lagos.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:02am On Oct 01, 2013
adconline:
And his English is made in Toronto cos that's where he purchased his degree.
And you think Toronto is ESUT, where time bombs waiting to explode are graduated?
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Yahayablessing(f): 8:03am On Oct 01, 2013
I don see am tnx hmmm
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by ceejayluv(m): 8:10am On Oct 01, 2013
Orlando Owoh: Why do Igbo people get jealous whenever the South West records a milestone? First, it was the siting of Shoprite and KFC in Ibadan, now it is the opening of the tallest hotel in West Africa in Lagos.
It's either you're hopelessly paranoid,,or childishly trolling. Either way it's the hard economy I blame.

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Ewarrior: 8:29am On Oct 01, 2013
[quote author=Anvaller][/quote]

The guy is not from around here.. Let him be
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by mbulela: 8:34am On Oct 01, 2013
berem: So many high brow hotels located at the island. What happened to places like Oshodi, Ojota, Surulere etc? Do i see a disparity between the rich and poor? We need more of such hotels at the mainland too.

Nice edifice anyway! cool
the dumbness of this post is beyond redemption.
Why will you have a five star hotel in the areas you mentioned? five star hotels have to be in close proximity to the potential customers. With most blue chip firms (who are often the corporate customers) located on the island, it makes sense for these hotels to be on the island and Ikoyi. How many five star hotels do you see in Hackney or in Soweto? What has the disparity between rich and poor got to do with a capitalist investment? This is not a govt project.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by naptu2: 8:38am On Oct 01, 2013
In the past ten years, although we lost Ikoyi Hotel, we've had Oriental Hotel Lekki, Raddison Blu Anchorage Victoria Island, Four Points by Sheraton Lekki, Southern Sun Ikoyi, Intercontinental Victoria Island, Protea Ikoyi Westwood and Sofitel The Moorhouse Ikoyi open on the Island.

Coming soon: Transcorp Hilton (Glover Road, Ikoyi) and Le Meridien Grand Towers (Ikoyi Crescent).

More venues for lunch and dinner smiley
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by tomaagy(m): 8:43am On Oct 01, 2013
Gbawe:
It is the Intercontinental Hotel group that is behind this. If you know who they are, what they do and what they have achieved, you would not be making the regrettably ignorant statements above. This is the private capital of one of the biggest hotel groups in the world behind this and I suggest you folks educate yourselves. Even bad belle against anyone/anything should not prompt this level of ignorance and abysmally stymied world-view if the Nigerian education system produces solutions providers who gain inspiration and guidance from commendable achievements.

http://www.ihgplc.com/index.asp?pageid=2

Hmmm I'm gonna need to disagree with your intelligence sorry, I happen to be very involved in this intercontinental project (It wise, my coy supplied their hospitality solutions) it's not an ihg investment, neither are the Sheratons owned by starwood, they manage d hotels for the owners, I can reel out owners for you but I won't, it's like a contract.

By the way I've slept in all this major hotels n yea ihg Lagos is 5 star.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Tolexander: 8:44am On Oct 01, 2013
[quote author=gbokukueba][/quote]is ok!
I know what to do!
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Qc1(m): 8:52am On Oct 01, 2013
eaglechild:
I just googled this and you are quite correct.
Why are we too fast to claim biggest this and that in West Africa and Africa without doing any research.
It is disgusting angry

Well..Google search said this hotel is the tallest in west Africa....see link below :

https://www.google.ca/search?q=tallest+hotel+in+west+africa&aq=f&oq=tallest+hotel+in+west+africa&aqs=chrome.0.57j60l2j0l2j62.7810j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=tallest+hotel+in+west+africa&tbm=nws

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Italian Man Shares A Picture He Took With His Family In Onitsha In 1977-Pictures / Cow Causes Accident In Abuja, Nigeria’s Capital City / Passenger Forgets Money In Uyo In Keke Napep In Akwa Ibom State. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.