Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched (58337 Views)

Gov. Fashola Unveils The Tallest Hotel In West Africa In Lagos (PHOTOS) / World Tallest Hotel Set To Be Opened In Dubai (photos) / The Ritz-carlton Hong Kong: The World's Tallest Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by bakynes(m): 9:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
Teotihuacan: So Illorin is an aboki town?! What happened?? But anyway Lagos as far as Lord Lugard and Murtala Mohammed are concerned is a Nigerian town and just like illorin nobody has exclusive right over them but as far as the hotel is foreign not yoruba or Tinubu owned, we 're good.

I really don't have time to argue with u coz u ve lost d e-war already and ur trying to divert to tribal issues. AM OUTTA HERE.

3 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Hearme(m): 9:34pm On Sep 30, 2013
Decryptor: You googled hotels in the UK and hurriedly typed in the bolded to claim you spent a night there. And yet, you MISPELT the name of the Hotel as Grovesnor instead of Grosvenor! It is either you are a learner that cannot remember the name of the hotel you claim you spent the night in or you are a liar like most of my yoruba brothers who are usually known for chest-beating and loud-mouthed boasting!

Rele, Jealousy dey worry you. No be everybody poor like you. Do you think all nairalanders are job seekers, traders or undergraduates like you. Why mist you question his words even without knowing him. If the guy go lodge for intercontinental suite with in family, post and for nairaland na the same spirit of jealousy you go still exhibit. Is people like you that snap with a nollywood star and post picture of a nairalander with Jim Iyke. LOL

6 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Trailii: 9:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
Teotihuacan: So Illorin is an aboki town?! What happened?? But anyway Lagos as far as Lord Lugard and Murtala Mohammed are concerned is a Nigerian town and just like illorin nobody has exclusive right over them but as far as the hotel is foreign not yoruba or Tinubu owned, we 're good.
attention seeker!

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Hearme(m): 9:39pm On Sep 30, 2013
bakynes:

You just shot ur self on the foot,Ilorin my bro is Northwest and nt south west.Go back and read ur state and capital and shut up next time.

See you, na you ignorant pass Ilorin in Kwara is North Central. Don't leave school at JS2 to start business next time.

2 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Teotihuacan: 9:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
bakynes:

I really don't have time to argue with u coz u ve lost d e-war already and ur trying to divert to tribal issues. AM OUTTA HERE.
Duuh?! It was never an e-struggle but an e-interdiction and we know who is the last man standing but allow me to elucidate further that am just laying a marker as far as it ain't yoruba owned we 're good.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by joinnow: 9:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
I hope they have learn from Kenya incident.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Erinpeyin: 9:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nonybb: Remnant of Asiwaju loot
Not quit sure who your real father is....Big for nada.

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Novice1(m): 9:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
pro01: A massive N30b ($200m) 'investment' created a paltry 650 jobs?

Besides, who patronises these overpriced 'luxury' hotels for pete's sake? I'm sure they are not "tourists" as the state government deludedly advertises. There are already too many of these vanity projects in Lagos, and I don't see how we need more.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for the thieves who finance these white elephants (whilst hiding behind the facade of foreign partners) to consider channeling their loot towards more productive investments - that would have a greater impact on the state's development and benefit a greater number of ordinary people.. . .in terms of job creation and otherwise.

Couldn't be more apt
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Erinpeyin: 9:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
joinnow: I hope they have learn from Kenya incident.
Was your father there during the incidence?.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Teotihuacan: 9:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
Trail ii: attention seeker!
Go and watch Mucha Lucha on cartoon network.Shoo!
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Okwereogu(m): 9:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
$£yi:

Not as much as Nigerians overrate theirs. Perhaps you are referring to their services, but architecturally we are just too behind.
.... Are u a nigerian?
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Tolexander: 10:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
gbokukueba:

I will not disagree with the first part of your point but the second part i think hotels in Nigeria are hastily rated... imagine Golde Tulip saying its a 4star hotel... i lived in a 4 star hotel in Dubai for 9months its can compete with the so called 5 star hotels in Nigeria...
father inlaw!
4 star hotel in dubai for 9months?
Yet a lollipop is very difficult to buy for you son-inlaw?
God is watching you in 3D o!
grin
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Cleanman(m): 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
i guessed as much....some dudes frm the east have started hating.May God forgive all their atrocities and flash at least a nice developmental project for them to have a chikini feel of what we are enjoying in the SW....Yoruba saying: "rejoice with those who are rejoicing so that when its your turn,peeps will rejoice with you.... o daro ooo!.

2 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Kenechy: 10:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
Google launches public beta of Web Designer, a free design tool for creating HTML5 ads and campaigns

Google today launched a new advertising application in beta called Google Web Designer. The company says the tool is for creating “professional-quality design” HTML5 ads and campaigns accessible to everyone from the designer to the dabbler.

HTML5 is widely seen as the standard that everyone on the Web should adopt. In case you didn’t know, Google describes HTML5 as a “universal language for building beautiful, engaging content that can run across desktops, smartphones, and tablets.” It is thus the company’s hope that Google Web Designer will help make HTML5 accessible to people throughout the advertising industry, getting Web developers closer to the goal of “build once, run anywhere.”

Here’s the current feature list for Google Web Designer beta:

Create animated HTML5 creative, with a robust, yet intuitive set of design tools.
View and edit the code behind your designs and see your edits reflected back on the stage automatically.
Build ad creatives seamlessly for DoubleClick and AdMob, or publish them to any generic environment you choose.
Receive updates to the product automatically, without having to re-download the application.
Access all of this entirely for free.
If you prefer the visual version, Google as always has provided multiple YouTube videos to show off the tool. Here’s one of them:follow link below--

socialreader.com
http://newsinfok..com/2013/09/google-launches-public-beta-of-web.html
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by 50calibre(m): 10:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
Rossikk:

Architecturally? I don't think we're behind at all. You should see the London Hilton in Marble Arch or even the Dorchester. Nothing spectacular at all. Same as New York hotels. They are mostly Victorian and Edwardian edifices. In places like Florida, LA etc we can talk of nice modern hotels which Nigerian hotels are more similar to in design philosophy.

Well you need to be a man of quality to recognise quality. The value of some of the features/contents in those hotels are only recognisable by people of certain calibre.

People around the world who have eyes for quality, shell out fortunes just to spend a night in those ancient styled hotels.

Were you not the guy arguing the woolwich attack never happened? I'm sorry, I don't think you possess the discerning ability to differentiate good or bad, quality or not quality.

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
If you happen to stay at this hotel please ask for the priority club membership.You will be amazed at what it will get you.Just accumulate the points.You can redeem it at crowne plaza,holiday inn,holiday inn express,staybridge and intercontinental hotels and all brands run by IHG.Rent free logging,coupons for food,free room upgrade,and if you feeling charitable you can use your points to support charity also.Am a proud member

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
Fashola's Intercontinental is competing with Tinubu's Oriental
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Italiano1: 10:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
As soon as I saw this thread, I knew what would happen:

Some jealous bigoted, irrelevant, evil people will come here and start debasing this achievement.

They did not fail me!!

Please come and talk when you have done anything remotely similar in your ecologically devastated and erosion ravaged lands!

EKo O Ni Baje ooo

May our Governor continue to receive cows from bad belle people

8 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by AjanleKoko: 10:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ola one:
Wrong.
Architecturally, we are okay.
Services, we are far behind. Budget hotels abroad give better services compared with naija '5'-star ones

I trust you're not referring to the UK 'budget' hotels, where you basically have to be your own concierge undecided
Not Travelodge or Days Hotel sha angry

Hotels in the States are way better.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by geeez: 10:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
Whether you like am

Whether you no like am

The thing be say Yoruba go still progress

God bless Lagos

God bless the Yoruba race

Eko o ni baje

Yorubaland o ni baje

2 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by agbameta: 11:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
pro01: A massive N30b ($200m) 'investment' created a paltry 650 jobs?

Besides, who patronises these overpriced 'luxury' hotels for pete's sake? I'm sure they are not "tourists" as the state government deludedly advertises. There are already too many of these vanity projects in Lagos, and I don't see how we need more.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for the thieves who finance these white elephants (whilst hiding behind the facade of foreign partners) to consider channeling their loot towards more productive investments - that would have a greater impact on the state's development and benefit a greater number of ordinary people.. . .in terms of job creation and otherwise.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1290441_nl2_JPG769bcf4bbed9b1743ae71a5ff933f985
https://www.nairaland.com/1426657/army-five-star-hotel-under-construction-enugu

TrueLegend: Hotel or not,,,I like it,as far as its in d east,,,Am happy to know that my Igbo brothers re beginning to do d ryt thing,,,normally thinks like dz re normally located either in Lagos or Abuja...am happy for dz new development,at least with things like d new WestAfricanTradeCentre...and dz new 5star hotel,with other developments dat re still to come...in d nxt 5years tym all dz go Kayode's wud knw der place...

soma042:

ya,

seriously after viewing the master plan of the whole project i decided to share it here because based on what i saw,i believe that the hotel is gonna compete among the best hotel in Nigeria no doubt

i love this man

Afam4eva:
I agree with you to some extent. But at all at all na him bad. At least the Hotel will add to the IGR of the state and also creat some employment for the natives. But i think Ihejirika should think of setting up an Army school in Enugu or anywhere in the SE.

You clowns are funny. You jokers sat here and go gha gha gha gha over the worthless village roadside motel up there and how it's going to create jobs and boost your measly IGR, but you expect us to take you villagers seriously over this grand Hotel in Lagos that non of your villages can smell or duplicate in decades...

SMH..

4 Likes

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Chinom(m): 11:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
Italiano1: As soon as I saw this thread, I knew what would happen:

Some jealous bigoted, irrelevant, evil people will come here and start debasing this achievement.

They did not fail me!!

Please come and talk when you have done anything remotely similar in your ecologically devastated and erosion ravaged lands!

[b]EKo O Ni Baje ooo

[/b]May our Governor continue to receive cows from bad belle people

I'm all for the bolded. I live in Lagos. But please bear in mind that what happens in Lagos has no bearing whatsoever to you and your fellow Yoruba people from Oyo, Osun, Ondo etc. Same way, you cannot ascribe what happens in New York to any particular race, colour or creed of people that inhabit it.
Lagos is bigger that your myopic self. That it happens to be located in SW of Nigeria is insignificant. Afterall, it has to be located somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by hikmoj(m): 11:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
My country pple dis 5moon hotel na hotel 4 d masses ooo!!
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by MrFord1: 11:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nice development, but Fash Baba should not have talked about tax, anything tax is discouraging. Or does he not want people to patronise the hotel ni, that should have been a private talk with the hotel management.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
The skyline of Nigeria, the South West to be precise, is changing for good.
Re: Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched by Italiano1: 11:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chinom:

I'm all for the bolded. I live in Lagos. But please bear in mind that what happens in Lagos has no bearing whatsoever to you and your fellow Yoruba people from Oyo, Osun, Ondo etc. Same way, you cannot ascribe what happens in New York to any particular race, colour or creed of people that inhabit it.
Lagos is bigger that your myopic self. That it happens to be located in SW of Nigeria is insignificant. Afterall, it has to be located somewhere.

Nonsense!!!

Please go and buy a map of Nigeria and see where Lagos is strategically located!

Your comparison with New York is a bit far fetched- dont you think? Or is that what your people think Lagos is?

Yes, everyone is welcome in Lagos, as long as you are willing to contribute to the development of the state and do not mistake the ownership of the state.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Italian Man Shares A Picture He Took With His Family In Onitsha In 1977-Pictures / Cow Causes Accident In Abuja, Nigeria’s Capital City / Passenger Forgets Money In Uyo In Keke Napep In Akwa Ibom State. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.