Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. (3413 Views)

Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? / JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. / A Good Religious Debate - Making Sense Of It All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by ajayikayod: 2:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
macof: Some questions for you. pls answer them as I know christians usually leave my questions unanswered
1. Who told you u needed a saviour, that u had to believe in a Jew before you can get to heaven?
2. What are you suppose to do to make heaven? just believe in jesus?
3. What did your ancestors say about heaven, and how to make it to heaven??
4. did your ancestors preach about any messiah?
5. Are your ancestors going to hell for not worshipping the Jew?
6. why did Jesus not go round the world preaching? since you claim he came for the world why did he not preach to the world, why only Jews?
7. why do u Believe Jesus in the first place? wats makes u so convinced that u cant get to heaven unless u worship him?
8. would people who dont worship the Jew go to hell?
9. Why is the bible about the Jews, why don't I see any righteous attributes allocated to the gentiles?
10. Why is it that God showed himself only to the Jews?
11. Why was it only Israel that was referred to as God's own nation? so Egypt and the rest were for Satan abi?

I think I should stop here, I really have a lot of questions to put forward but maybe as time goes on I would, but Christians should answer this questions

Bro, d funniest thing is a believers' foundation class will clear all d listed questions and any doubt u hav but a man cant understand beyond its senses, it takes d Spirit of Christ to understand d Word of God

1 Corith 2:6-16, We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”[b]—
the things God has prepared for those who love him—
10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.[c] 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for,

“Who has known the mind of the Lord
so as to instruct him?”[d]
But we have the mind of Christ.

Definately, arguing d scripture wit u wont profit anyone. I will be glad if u can take d first bold step then light will come. It doesnt matter wat ever u hav believed or disbelieved, wat matter most is ur life. I feel Christ love abounding much more around u daily, everywhr u go or do. Embracing ds grace will surely b d greatest decision u ever made. u gave all u stand for today a first opportunity to test its reality, why not giv ds a sincere opportunity and see how much u ar loved.
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 2:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
ajayikayod:

Bro, d funniest thing is a believers' foundation class will clear all d listed questions and any doubt u hav but a man cant understand beyond its senses, it takes d Spirit of Christ to understand d Word of God

1 Corith 2:6-16, We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”[b]—
the things God has prepared for those who love him—
10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.[c] 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for,

“Who has known the mind of the Lord
so as to instruct him?”[d]
But we have the mind of Christ.

Definately, arguing d scripture wit u wont profit anyone. I will be glad if u can take d first bold step then light will come. It doesnt matter wat ever u hav believed or disbelieved, wat matter most is ur life. I feel Christ love abounding much more around u daily, everywhr u go or do. Embracing ds grace will surely b d greatest decision u ever made. u gave all u stand for today a first opportunity to test its reality, why not giv ds a sincere opportunity and see how much u ar loved.

dude, Quotes from your man written book aka words of men are only for the weak minded, and mentally immature individuals.
I wonder why any time I bring forth questions like this to Christians they just quote some words of men, without thinking for themselves, and using their brains.

You disgust me *spits*
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by ajayikayod: 2:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
macof:

dude, Quotes from your man written book aka words of men are only for the weak minded, and mentally immature individuals.
I wonder why any time I bring forth questions like this to Christians they just quote some words of men, without thinking for themselves, and using their brains.

You disgust me *spits*

i will rather hav u disgusted now wit my word than leave u to urself.
I will rather accept all ur abuses than giving up on u. Wat matters to me is ur life, ur being. Irrespective of wat u hold as believ, a proper understanding can only come between us later and i believ its so soon. U definitely cant escape it becos many here on NL ar praying for u, especially u. His abounding grace reflects so much around u waiting fro ur acceptance. He wont b wary no matter wat u say, do, think, u hav been loved and always loved.
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
ajayikayod:

i will rather hav u disgusted now wit my word than leave u to urself.
I will rather accept all ur abuses than giving up on u. Wat matters to me is ur life, ur being. Irrespective of wat u hold as believ, a proper understanding can only come between us later and i believ its so soon. U definitely cant escape it becos many here on NL ar praying for u, especially u. His abounding grace reflects so much around u waiting fro ur acceptance. He wont b wary no matter wat u say, do, think, u hav been loved and always loved.
grin grin we have totally derailed this thread. abeg open new thread for evangelism and watch me scatter the place
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by ajayikayod: 8:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
macof: grin grin we have totally derailed this thread. abeg open new thread for evangelism and watch me scatter the place

Sir, we mit derailed d thread but hav not derailed d purpose of our talk. I m glad u kno my purpose of talking to u and i wont change my stance and desire on dt becos u r much more important threads and scatterin places.
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 11, 2013
@macof..
Harden not your heart..
Your questions have answers but dnt u think it is better to worship God without doubt?

Things of God are difficult to comprehend..for God's ways is not ours!
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 12:12am On Oct 12, 2013
kizmartino: @macof..
Harden not your heart..
Your questions have answers but dnt u think it is better to worship God without doubt?

I worship God without doubt, I worship God with all my heart.

Why do u imply dat God is complicated? God is nt complicated, it's easy to understand him, I understand God. So if upon ur Bible u don't understand God, it jst means ur religion is useless
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 12:16am On Oct 12, 2013
Harden not your heart..

Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 12:17am On Oct 12, 2013
Harden not your heart..

I worship God without doubt, I worship God with all my heart.

Why do u imply dat God is complicated? God is nt complicated, it's easy to understand him, I understand God. So if upon ur Bible u don't understand God, it jst means ur religion is useless
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by splashybone(m): 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2013
macof: Some questions for you. pls answer them as I know christians usually leave my questions unanswered
1. Who told you u needed a saviour, that u had to believe in a Jew before you can get to heaven?
6. why did Jesus not go round the world preaching? since you claim he came for the world why did he not preach to the world, why only Jews?
7. why do u Believe Jesus in the first place? wats makes u so convinced that u cant get to heaven unless u worship him?
9. Why is the bible about the Jews, why don't I see any righteous attributes allocated to the gentiles?
11. Why was it only Israel that was referred to as God's own nation? so Egypt and the rest were for Satan abi?

I think I should stop here, I really have a lot of questions to put forward but maybe as time goes on I would, but Christians should answer this questions
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by ajayikayod: 10:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
macof: I worship God without doubt, I worship God with all my heart.

macof,
Christ is the singular solution to every challenges of life, he s d explanation of all questions, he s all God wanted to say to us.
Science, religions and humans generally hav done/still doing thr plausible best to make d world a better place for all humanity, but Christ brought life and immortality to light, exposing us to reality.

Really, lik i ve said before dt u hav a passion to kno God more, it showed all thru, i trust God to help u accept ds decision so dt all can be revealed not in mysteries but in plain words.
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 11:40pm On Oct 12, 2013
ajayikayod:

macof,
Christ is the singular solution to every challenges of life, he s d explanation of all questions, he s all God wanted to say to us.
Science, religions and humans generally hav done/still doing thr plausible best to make d world a better place for all humanity, but Christ brought life and immortality to light, exposing us to reality.

Really, lik i ve said before dt u hav a passion to kno God more, it showed all thru, i trust God to help u accept ds decision so dt all can be revealed not in mysteries but in plain words.
Jesus is nothing more than a dead Jew, You are daft to believe that a dead Jew can give u immortality, upon ur Jesus worship, you would still die. Wat rubbish immortality?.
A religion of senseless and blind worshipers is wat you belong to
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by splashybone(m): 11:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
l.God's word the Bible provides us with the most satisfying answers only if we are ready to accept it. When we see ring of truth can we accept it as truly God's word or do we still have doubts
1. John 3:16 answers God loved the world so much that He gave his only begotten son that whoever BELIEVES will not be destroyed but have everlasting life
2. Jesus is not the only criteria for us to inherit God's kingdom why? John 17:3 answers this means everlasting life the taking in knowledge of You the Only true God and the one whom u sent forth Jesus Christ.
3. The Bible made it clear that its not everyone will make Heaven rather its only a selected few whose responsibility it is to rule with Christ in Heaven Rev 5:10 made it clear the work these selected few will be doing while the remaining great crowd of other sheep will inherit the earth Psalms 36:9,10,11&29
4.Almost all the prophets prior to Jesus Christ prophesied about him and all the things said about him fulfilled
5.Hell actually means the common grave of mankind. meaning all humans whether good or bad will go there
6. Even from a human stand point it was not possible to do that recognizing that fact made Jesus to trained people to carry on the word to the most distant part of the earth
7.It is my him only we will have salvation that why in the name of Jesus every kneel whether in heaven except He that gave him such authority and the ones on earth must bow. We don't worship Jesus because God alone should be worshipped and rendered sacred service even in Jesus' reply to Satan's temptation proved this point
8. refer to 5&7
9.Cornelius still was a gentile and much good was attributed to him.
10.Its so because they are a people special to God
11.If u can recall the convenant God entered with Abraham that my means of his seed all nations on earth will bless themselves. Jacob who was renamed Israel started that nation. That seed the primary part was Jesus Christ but. when the Jews refused to accept the provision of life God offered He now threw the invitation open why because God is not partial but the man that fears Him us agreeable to Him.
So my friends pls do not fight with Words or abuse yourselves rather give it a careful thought pls
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 13, 2013
@splashybone..
I agree with ur answers except for no.5..

The bible clearly states that hell is for d devil nd evil people alone.(remember the parable of d wheat nd tare)
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 7:52am On Oct 13, 2013
kizmartino: @splashybone..
I agree with ur answers except for no.5..

The bible clearly states that hell is for d devil nd evil people alone.(remember the parable of d wheat nd tare)
Christians disagreeing about their scriptures just proves how conflicting the religion is
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by splashybone(m): 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2013
[Job a righteous man prayed to go there job14:13 and Rev 20:14 all refers to it as hell
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 13, 2013

1. the word of the almighty God said so. not just a jew but Jesus himself.

2. believe in Jesus calls for your observing his word.

3. what did my ancesters do to prevent themselves from dying to show they have power over death, what did they say about how we were made and how we got here? who were the progeny of my ancestors, and what did their ancestor ancestors... till we get one man and woman believe? what did their son son sons say?

4. go as far as getting our ancestor ancestors, down to the 4026 BCE and ask whether they believed in a messiah.

did all ur ancestors serve almighty God? must you do all that your ancestors did?

5. they are already in hell and anyone will remain there if they worship the jews.

6. His main reason for his coming is to die for our sins. he also wants to gather the lost sheep of israel. why? cos ALL NATIONS will bless themselves thru the seed of abraham. and they will become royal priests for the good of all(had it been they obeyed) he preached to a samaritan.

7. because he is the way to life. He conquered death. to get to heaven, you must be born again not worship Jesus.

8. Who said you should worship the jews?

9. Cornelus, Timothy and Titus are not jews. remember the Nenivites.

10. He didnt show Himself to the jews, ie Jews didnt see him face to face. Jesus has been existing in heaven. The choice of the jews is a fulfilment of a promise.

11. not jews alone after christ. 1Pet. 2:9
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 11:07pm On Oct 13, 2013
JMAN05:

1. the word of the almighty God said so. not just a jew but Jesus himself.

2. believe in Jesus calls for your observing his word.

3. what did my ancesters do to prevent themselves from dying to show they have power over death, what did they say about how we were made and how we got here? who were the progeny of my ancestors, and what did their ancestor ancestors... till we get one man and woman believe? what did their son son sons say?

4. go as far as getting our ancestor ancestors, down to the 4026 BCE and ask whether they believed in a messiah.

did all ur ancestors serve almighty God? must you do all that your ancestors did?

5. they are already in hell and anyone will remain there if they worship the jews.

6. His main reason for his coming is to die for our sins. he also wants to gather the lost sheep of israel. why? cos ALL NATIONS will bless themselves thru the seed of abraham. and they will become royal priests for the good of all(had it been they obeyed) he preached to a samaritan.

7. because he is the way to life. He conquered death. to get to heaven, you must be born again not worship Jesus.

8. Who said you should worship the Ijews?

9. Cornelus, Timothy and Titus are not jews. remember the Nenivites.

10. He didnt show Himself to the jews, ie Jews didnt see him face to face. Jesus has been existing in heaven. The choice of the jews is a fulfilment of a promise.

11. not jews alone after christ. 1Pet. 2:9
Total crap for dogs to chew on like wild hyenas.

1. You have nothing to prove the genuity of yeshua

2. The Bible is a mere piece of paper written by men

3. You have nothing to say about heaven, I expect an Igbo to give me Igbo views abt heaven, a Yoruba to give me Yoruba views abt not tell me crap and beat around the bush

4. You can't answer my question,but I'll answer urs- yes! All my ancestors served God. And it is better for me as a Yoruba to be a Yoruba than to be a Jew

5. So the Dead Jew didn't save your ancestors, and now all your ancestors are in hell. o da pe o tie je omo Yoruba

6. Abraham has his blessings, I have mean even greater than his, Only Jews and possibly Arabs are seeds of Abraham, am Yoruba and we carry the seed of Oduduwa and all our ancestors.

7. Jesus is a gay who only shows naked men the way

8. Wat is this one saying Some Christians need to go back to school

9. Wats my concern with Romans and local villages like Nineveh you would tell me when the Jews ever made it known that other groups worshipped God

10. He didn't show himself to the Jews, it's the Chinese he showed himself to

11. after Christ Was this not when plan "confuse the world" was taken into action
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 14, 2013
macof:
Total crap for dogs to chew on like wild hyenas.

1. You have nothing to prove the genuity of yeshua

2. The Bible is a mere piece of paper written by men

3. You have nothing to say about heaven, I expect an Igbo to give me Igbo views abt heaven, a Yoruba to give me Yoruba views abt not tell me crap and beat around the bush

4. You can't answer my question,but I'll answer urs- yes! All my ancestors served God. And it is better for me as a Yoruba to be a Yoruba than to be a Jew

5. So the Dead Jew didn't save your ancestors, and now all your ancestors are in hell. o da pe o tie je omo Yoruba

6. Abraham has his blessings, I have mean even greater than his, Only Jews and possibly Arabs are seeds of Abraham, am Yoruba and we carry the seed of Oduduwa and all our ancestors.

7. Jesus is a gay who only shows naked men the way

8. Wat is this one saying Some Christians need to go back to school

9. Wats my concern with Romans and local villages like Nineveh you would tell me when the Jews ever made it known that other groups worshipped God

10. He didn't show himself to the Jews, it's the Chinese he showed himself to

11. after Christ Was this not when plan "confuse the world" was taken into action

1. out of point. try again.

2. do you need the one written by angels?

3. that is not the answer to the question. second chance.

4. abeg which of the questions did you answer? what did they serve Him with, His word the bible or what? one question remain unanswered.

5. thanks. hope u are cleared.

6. read well man. Your responds is out of context.

7. out of context. try again.

8. replace "Ijew" with "jews" in above. what is your point?

9. refer to your question.

10. Prove.

11. Prove.
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by loveroftruth: 11:51am On Oct 14, 2013
It is psalms 37 not 36 below:

splashybone: l.God's word the Bible provides us with the most satisfying answers only if we are ready to accept it. When we see ring of truth can we accept it as truly God's word or do we still have doubts
1. John 3:16 answers God loved the world so much that He gave his only begotten son that whoever BELIEVES will not be destroyed but have everlasting life
2. Jesus is not the only criteria for us to inherit God's kingdom why? John 17:3 answers this means everlasting life the taking in knowledge of You the Only true God and the one whom u sent forth Jesus Christ.
3. The Bible made it clear that its not everyone will make Heaven rather its only a selected few whose responsibility it is to rule with Christ in Heaven Rev 5:10 made it clear the work these selected few will be doing while the remaining great crowd of other sheep will inherit the earth Psalms 37:9,10,11&29
4.Almost all the prophets prior to Jesus Christ prophesied about him and all the things said about him fulfilled
5.Hell actually means the common grave of mankind. meaning all humans whether good or bad will go there
6. Even from a human stand point it was not possible to do that recognizing that fact made Jesus to trained people to carry on the word to the most distant part of the earth
7.It is my him only we will have salvation that why in the name of Jesus every kneel whether in heaven except He that gave him such authority and the ones on earth must bow. We don't worship Jesus because God alone should be worshipped and rendered sacred service even in Jesus' reply to Satan's temptation proved this point
8. refer to 5&7
11.If u can recall the convenant God entered with Abraham that my means of his seed all nations on earth will bless themselves. Jacob who was ryenamed Israel started that nation. That seed the primary part was Jesus Christ but. when the Jews refused to accept the provision of life God offered He now threw the invitation open why because God is not partial but the man that fears Him us agreeable to Him.
So my friends pls do not fight with Words or abuse yourselves rather give it a careful thought pls

Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 11:52am On Oct 14, 2013
JMAN05:

1. out of point. try again.

2. do you need the one written by angels?

3. that is not the answer to the question. second chance.

4. abeg which of the questions did you answer? what did they serve Him with, His word the bible or what? one question remain unanswered.

5. thanks. hope u are cleared.

6. read well man. Your responds is out of context.

7. out of context. try again.

8. replace "Ijew" with "jews" in above. what is your point?

9. refer to your question.

10. Prove.

11. Prove.

I have no more need to educate you.

I see that you reject education on the slightest sight of it.

I pray Orunmila blesses u with wisdom. Ase!
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 14, 2013
@macof..

What god(s) do you claim your fore-fathers serve

Were they not mere mortals
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 12:09pm On Oct 14, 2013

What god(s) do you claim your fore-fathers serve

Were they not mere mortals
mere mortals like sango, an extraordinary man, that controlled fire when he died he became deified, much like Hercules of the greeks who possessed unbelievable strength and endurance, but was deified after death.

However before sango, the Yorubas had a thunder and lightening god called "jakuta".

We worship gods, we worship God.
www.nairaland.com/1463158/aborisa-yoruba-religion

But you people worship man and claim he is God. That is just stupid
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 14, 2013
macof: mere mortals like sango, an extraordinary man, that controlled fire when he died he became deified, much like Hercules of the greeks who possessed unbelievable strength and endurance, but was deified after death.

However before sango, the Yorubas had a thunder and lightening god called "jakuta".

We worship gods, we worship God.
www.nairaland.com/1463158/aborisa-yoruba-religion

But you people worship man and claim he is God. That is just stupid

yours is so rediculous..

They were deify by whom..same mere mortals..

We serve God(creator of the whole universe including sango,oduduwa,oranmiya etc) and Jesus isn't a mere mortal..He transformed his being..just like you people claim oduduwa did
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
splashybone: l.God's word the Bible provides us with the most satisfying answers only if we are ready to accept it. When we see ring of truth can we accept it as truly God's word or do we still have doubts
3. The Bible made it clear that its not everyone will make Heaven rather its only a selected few whose responsibility it is to rule with Christ in Heaven Rev 5:10 made it clear the work these selected few will be doing while the remaining great crowd of other sheep will inherit the earth Psalms 36:9,10,11&29
8. refer to 5&7
11.If u can recall the convenant God entered with Abraham that my means of his seed all nations on earth will bless themselves. Jacob who was renamed Israel started that nation. That seed the primary part was Jesus Christ but. when the Jews refused to accept the provision of life God offered He now threw the invitation open why because God is not partial but the man that fears Him us agreeable to Him.

I even forgot to redress this post

1. So because John said so, I should foolishly believe without using my common sense. I could write a book telling people to believe in sango or perish. The fear of that verse is wat drives u all. Fear- because it is a very compelling statement. "believe or perish" but my ancestors didn't believe and they did not perish.

2. Still on the same point as 1.

3. I asked "what ur ancestors said about heaven and how to make heaven" not what the Jews said about heaven and how to make heaven.
Or are u Jew?

4. Are all the prophets in the Bible your ancestors? Isaiah was the only one dat made a prophecy about a Messiah. Show me any Bible verse other than Isaiah's dat talked about any Messiah
Note: Joshua, Moses, Nehemiah Deborah, Esther etc.were ones Messiah of the Jews. Wat makes Jesus the Messiah of the world, not just the Jews? Is it because the Jews rejected him his disciples changed his story to Messiah of the world?

5. Where have you learnt that from? Is dat ur personal opinion, or from the Bible? The English and many European nations believe that but I don't think the Jews(whom u follow) believe that.

6. But isn't Jesus God himself?, can't he do all things? Is he not the light of the world? Why show light to only Israel?

7. U didn't answer the question but going by ur blab, I can resolve that you believe Jesus because the Bible said so
The Bible that is written by ordinary men.

8. I take Yes! as the answer

9. Cornelius was a gentile(meaning foreigner in Hebrew). How convenient for Paul to give cornelius good attributes, since he was to convert to christianity and attribute bad to non-Christians, but Moses attributes bad to non-Jews. So I wonder wat category makes you really bad- non-Christian or non-Jew? how about not being Jew or Christian?

10. So God created the universe, and all the nations of the earth but biasly chooses one nation over the others, it's not like that helped them because they have never been a world power and they were made colonies to several nations. This point is untrue and made up by the Jews to make themselves feel special.

11. So assuming they accepted Jesus, all other nations won't be free, so that means right from the beginning the God of Israel had no plan for the gentiles, but he got angry at the Jews and gave the gentiles a chance. You are really full of sh*t
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 1:11pm On Oct 14, 2013
kizmartino:

yours is so rediculous..

They were deify by whom..same mere mortals..

We serve God(creator of the whole universe including sango,oduduwa,oranmiya etc) and Jesus isn't a mere mortal..He transformed his being..just like you people claim oduduwa did

now you are revealing the fraud of christianity

So Jesus transformed himself into God? Lol this is interesting smiley

Oduduwa was a god right from the beginning of time, and Ifa had prophesied that he would become king at Ile-Ife, that is why no one was king over the whole Ife before Oduduwa.

I agree God(Olodumare) is the creator of everything including Oduduwa, Sango, Oranmiyan etc. but don't act as if Jesus is any special.

If u say Jesus was an extra ordinary man, and was deified after death, I'll believe but not that he is God, or that he is the only son of God.

I am also a son of God, my father Oduduwa is also a son of God, so wat is special about Jesus?

You think if some Yorubas were as conning and shameless like some apostles they wouldn't have come up with a Messiah of the world story for Oduduwa, Oduduwa was our Messiah from heaven and we accepted him, we didn't go around shouting believe and worship him.

The major population of Jews rejected Jesus upon the prophecy of a Messiah coming. What is now my business with a Jewish Messiah whom the Jews don't even believe in?
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 15, 2013
@macof..

U're jus being blind to the truth.Dont let ur passion for ur tradition nd heritage stop u from being realistic.
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2013

U're jus being blind to the truth.Dont let ur passion for ur tradition nd heritage stop u from being realistic.
Ur are the one that is being blind to the truth. Ur inferiority complex is making u degrade everything abt u and ur ancestors. Wat is realistic abt a Jewish Messiah sent to save the world.

I don't recognize any Jewish Messiah as the Messiah of the Yorubas
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
Am not being inferior..just that Africa tradition is base on fetish practice and idolatry which is against the practice of true religion.
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 4:11am On Oct 16, 2013
kizmartino: Am not being inferior..just that Africa tradition is base on fetish practice and idolatry which is against the practice of true religion.

1. Define fetish?
I expect you to check a dictionary, because you don't know the meaning of that word

2. Define Idolatry?
You don't know the meaning of this word either
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 16, 2013
macof:

1. Define fetish?
I expect you to check a dictionary, because you don't know the meaning of that word

2. Define Idolatry?
You don't know the meaning of this word either

whtz der to define?
Now tel me as a traditionalist u dnt have idols?

Nd if u dnt..doesn't mean u're not idolatrous..
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 16, 2013
Ur bliv in sango etc..is an idolatry of its own kind..

For Godsake..they were just mere mortals dat were deify..there's ntin so special about them jus dat dey were heroes nd helped their people..

Remember..there is evry possibility that dis is jus a legend nd mayb myth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Spiritual Materials Shop In Lagos / Brèast Feeding A Man In Islam / Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.