Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. (3411 Views)

Do You Beleive In Pre-cognition? / JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. / A Good Religious Debate - Making Sense Of It All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 10:34am On Oct 16, 2013
kizmartino: Ur bliv in sango etc..is an idolatry of its own kind..

For Godsake..they were just mere mortals dat were deify..there's ntin so special about them jus dat dey were heroes nd helped their people..

Remember..there is evry possibility that dis is jus a legend nd mayb myth

If that's your definition of idolatry. Christianity is also idolatrous, you worship a mere Jewish peasant and proclaim him as your God
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 16, 2013
Jesus isn't just a Jew or mere mortal..

He has been in existence before this world came into being.

*dnt want to quote frm bible*
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 1:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
kizmartino: Jesus isn't just a Jew or mere mortal..

He has been in existence before this world came into being.

*dnt want to quote frm bible*

So wats so special abt dat?

Oduduwa, Obatala, Orunmila etc have been in existence before the earth
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
macof:

So wats so special abt dat?

Oduduwa, Obatala, Orunmila etc have been in existence before the earth

this is just MYTH..

PROVE THIS
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 8:55pm On Oct 16, 2013
kizmartino:

this is just MYTH..

PROVE THIS
go to Ile-Ife and see ur prove
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
I have heard d numerous folk tales..

Wht I wnt is clear prove dat yoruba gods once existed before bcomin mortal.

If they once existed..why cum to earth?
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 10:03pm On Oct 16, 2013
kizmartino: I have heard d numerous folk tales..

Wht I wnt is clear prove dat yoruba gods once existed before bcomin mortal.

If they once existed..why cum to earth?

You want clear prove but did you receive clear prove before believing Jesus? Mtcheww

Oduduwa came to fulfill the promise Olodumare had made to make him the first king of Ile-Ife.

Obatala came to teach mankind how to survive, morals and general laws.

Orunmila Brought Ifa, and preach the importance of wisdom and knowledge
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 17, 2013
Yea..

I received prove b4 I bliv'd in Jesus.

Besides..dis oduduwa's story looks lyk a re-creation of the story of Jesus smhw..in an African way
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 9:25am On Oct 17, 2013
kizmartino: Yea..

I received prove b4 I bliv'd in Jesus.

Besides..dis oduduwa's story looks lyk a re-creation of the story of Jesus smhw..in an African way

Jesus looks like a re-creation of the story of Mithra...in a Jewish way

In fact wat u Christians don't knw is dat u honor Mithra more than yeshua
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 17, 2013
macof:

Jesus looks like a re-creation of the story of Mithra...in a Jewish way

In fact wat u Christians don't knw is dat u honor Mithra more than yeshua

yeshua,Jehovah,Yahwe....is d sovereign God..I worship..
He gave instructions tru prophets etc whc leta was writen in scrolls then bible..*u Know all dis,dnt wnt to go into d bible*

blivin in Jesus,is part of those instructions as he is d way to Yahwe,Yeshua,Jehovah..
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
kizmartino:

yeshua,Jehovah,Yahwe....is d sovereign God..I worship..
He gave instructions tru prophets etc whc leta was writen in scrolls then bible..*u Know all dis,dnt wnt to go into d bible*

blivin in Jesus,is part of those instructions as he is d way to Yahwe,Yeshua,Jehovah..
Am not sorry to say You're a dunce

So u think yeshua is another name for Jehovah? undecided

Have u ever tried to learn about the creation of the religion "christianity"? Am sure u don't even knw how the Romans alongside the Apostles have deceived you
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 17, 2013
So sorry but I bliv in d blessed trinity..

Yes I know dat d roman practices influenced true christianity practice bt dat do not make christianity to b false..

D tales of mithra..wer adopted frm christianity..besides there is little or no physical prove to d existence of mithra
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Efere701(m): 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2013
My witness background made me who i am today (I'm not some kind of genius. I'm just a moderate guy). i say "witnesses are so privileged''. The general concept in society is that the witnesses are anti-social, they only associate with themselves, some people say they're just too involved with their worship and so their extremists...

Growing up, i was being taught the bible by my parents at home. i attended congregation meetings at the kingdom hall. as early as 4yrs i started talking to people about the Good news of God's kingdom. i had nothing to be ashamed of because as i grew up, i was known in my neighborhood as having a clean standing. when i was 14 i got baptized. It was the beginning of my sacred service to Jehovah.

I also did well academically. it may surprise you to know that some things my mates in class found difficult was a piece of cake for me because i got exposed to them when i was young, thanks to my training as a witness. i made friends throughout my school days. of cos i was very selective. many people appreciated me as a friend and I'm glad about that.

In our preaching work, we have lots of joys. Do you have an idea the feeling you get when you see someones eyes light-up as they learn wonderful truths from the bible? Nothing can bring a pinch of the joy and satisfaction you get when you help someone understand bible truth.
We learn so much engaging in the preaching work. many reject me, but who am i to get angry and frustrated? Joys abound when even 1 out of 10 receives us. basically we're happy because we please Jehovah.

Preaching helped me to have patience, humility, Love, Empathy, and Long-suffering. These are qualities lacking in our world today.

We've been disappointed in years back because we expected bible prophecies earlier....whats wrong with that? doesn't it signify that we are awake and keep watch as world events unfold to fulfill bible prophecies ? isn't that what those who want get saved should be doing at this time? As bible truths are being understood better, refinements in teaching are being made. question is, how else should it be? even Christians in the first century had to grow in knowledge of God's word as time passed by, and so they also changed certain beliefs and thinking.

Jehovah's witnesses are interested in serving God in a way he approves. They'll do anything to conform their lives to the Laws and principles of the Bible. They also recognize that many people(some sincere ones) are getting it all wrong. Jehovah's witnesses do not raise themselves above others,but they have obeyed God's command to cover the entire globe with the good news of his kingdom. Whenever you see one of Jehovah''s witnesses at your door step, please invite them in and listen with your heart. you are sure to gain a rich reward. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 4:26pm On Oct 17, 2013
kizmartino: So sorry but I bliv in d blessed trinity..

Yes I know dat d roman practices influenced true christianity practice bt dat do not make christianity to b false..

D tales of mithra..wer adopted frm christianity..besides there is little or no physical prove to d existence of mithra

shocked so now Mithra was made up from Christianity?

Mithra was born around 3500 yrs ago in Persia(now Iran). The Romans who have a known record of adopting the worship of their neighbors and colonies. Adopted the worship of Mithra

Mithra was the Persian Messiah, the god of the Sun, and the way to the Supreme God.
almost every aspect of his life was was copied into the life of Jesus and you are foolishly saying Mithra was formed from Jesus. You really lack sense o

You should go to the Vatican church and go to any Mitra temple check out the similarities.

25th December was the birth of Mithra, how come dats when u celebrate Christmas?

Mithra is worshipped on Sundays, in fact the day is called "Sunday" in his honor. It's the same day you go to church

The Romans are very open to multi worship. They even worship Egyptian goddess Isis.

At the time of the supposed birth of yeshua the Romans were into Mithra worship
And when Yeshua started his ministry He and his apostles must have known about the Roman religion

And after Yeshua's death the apostles made up the story of his resurrection and accession and corrupted some of his life story

Have you ever wondered why the Jews do not believe this new "christianity"

Why Christianity is based in the Roman area of the Vatican city

Why Catholics are so much into Idols/craven images when the Jews are against it

Why Christmas is December, when yeshua was clearly not born during winter

Why the Jews call Mary a LovePeddler/prostitute that slept around before marriage

If Yeshua truly resurrected why didn't he show himself to the Jewish people

Everything just makes sense The Romans switching Mithra to Jesus.

As they switched Apollo to Mithra initially
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Efere701(m): 4:30pm On Oct 17, 2013
My witness background made me who i am today (I'm not some kind of genius. I'm just a moderate guy). i say "witnesses are so privileged''. The general concept in society is that the witnesses are anti-social, they only associate with themselves, some people say they're just too involved with their worship and so their extremists...

Growing up, i was being taught the bible by my parents at home. i attended congregation meetings at the kingdom hall. as early as 4yrs i started talking to people about the Good news of God's kingdom. i had nothing to be ashamed of because as i grew up, i was known in my neighborhood as having a clean standing. when i was 14 i got baptized. It was the beginning of my sacred service to Jehovah.

I also did well academically. it may surprise you to know that some things my mates in class found difficult was a piece of cake for me because i got exposed to them when i was young, thanks to my training as a witness. i made friends throughout my school days. of cos i was very selective. many people appreciated me as a friend and I'm glad about that.

In our preaching work, we have lots of joys. Do you have an idea the feeling you get when you see someones eyes light-up as they learn wonderful truths from the bible? Nothing can bring a pinch of the joy and satisfaction you get when you help someone understand bible truth.
We learn so much engaging in the preaching work. many reject me, but who am i to get angry and frustrated? Joys abound when even 1 out of 10 receives us. basically we're happy because we please Jehovah.

Preaching helped me to have patience, humility, Love, Empathy, and Long-suffering. These are qualities lacking in our world today.

We've been disappointed in years back because we expected bible prophecies earlier....whats wrong with that? doesn't it signify that we are awake and keep watch as world events unfold to fulfill bible prophecies ? isn't that what those who want get saved should be doing at this time? As bible truths are being understood better, refinements in teaching are being made. question is, how else should it be? even Christians in the first century had to grow in knowledge of God's word as time passed by, and so they also changed certain beliefs and thinking.

Jehovah's witnesses are interested in serving God in a way he approves. They'll do anything to conform their lives to the Laws and principles of the Bible. They also recognize that many people(some sincere ones) are getting it all wrong. Jehovah's witnesses do not raise themselves above others,but they have obeyed God's command to cover the entire globe with the good news of his kingdom. Whenever you see one of Jehovah''s witnesses at your door step, please invite them in and listen with your heart. you are sure to gain a rich reward. Thanks
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 17, 2013
macof:

shocked so now Mithra was made up from Christianity?

Mithra was born around 3500 yrs ago in Persia(now Iran). The Romans who have a known record of adopting the worship of their neighbors and colonies. Adopted the worship of Mithra

Mithra was the Persian Messiah, the god of the Sun, and the way to the Supreme God.
almost every aspect of his life was was copied into the life of Jesus and you are foolishly saying Mithra was formed from Jesus. You really lack sense o

You should go to the Vatican church and go to any Mitra temple check out the similarities.

25th December was the birth of Mithra, how come dats when u celebrate Christmas?

Mithra is worshipped on Sundays, in fact the day is called "Sunday" in his honor. It's the same day you go to church

The Romans are very open to multi worship. They even worship Egyptian goddess Isis.

At the time of the supposed birth of yeshua the Romans were into Mithra worship
And when Yeshua started his ministry He and his apostles must have known about the Roman religion

And after Yeshua's death the apostles made up the story of his resurrection and accession and corrupted some of his life story

Have you ever wondered why the Jews do not believe this new "christianity"

Why Christianity is based in the Roman area of the Vatican city

Why Catholics are so much into Idols/craven images when the Jews are against it

Why Christmas is December, when yeshua was clearly not born during winter

Why the Jews call Mary a LovePeddler/prostitute that slept around before marriage

If Yeshua truly resurrected why didn't he show himself to the Jewish people

Everything just makes sense The Romans switching Mithra to Jesus.

As they switched Apollo to Mithra initially

yea..d practice of mithra existed b4 christianity but most of its believe wer borrowed frm christianity..

1.many claim mithra was born by a virgin..bt its false as mithra was born frm rock(as dey claim),nw,is d rock a virgin?

2.mithra was said to av risen frm death afta 3days..dis also is false as there is no recorded persecution or death of mithra..how come did he resurrect? D contradiction continues..
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 9:50pm On Oct 17, 2013
kizmartino:

yea..d practice of mithra existed b4 christianity but most of its believe wer borrowed frm christianity..

1.many claim mithra was born by a virgin..bt its false as mithra was born frm rock(as dey claim),nw,is d rock a virgin?

2.mithra was said to av risen frm death afta 3days..dis also is false as there is no recorded persecution or death of mithra..how come did he resurrect? D contradiction continues..

The Persians hold the believe that he was born of a virgin. In a cave upon a rock(petra in Persian language)

The Romans believe the rock(Petra) was where he came out from.
And they built temples for him on rocks.

The same way the churches are built upon Peter(which also means rock in Hebrew) as Matthew 16:18 says
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 17, 2013
macof:
The same way the churches are built upon Peter(which also means rock in Hebrew) as Matthew 16:18 says

what are you drivn at??

Most of these claims began after d introduction of christianity,inorder to accept christianity,pagans try to mix things up just to suit their own interest.
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 11:36pm On Oct 17, 2013
kizmartino:

what are you drivn at??

Most of these claims began after d introduction of christianity,inorder to accept christianity,pagans try to mix things up just to suit their own interest.
that's why I say christianity is made up by the Romans and Jewish apostles
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 17, 2013
macof:
that's why I say christianity is made up by the Romans and Jewish apostles

no..

D apostles didn't do anytin wrong oo

christianity isn't false..itz jus few controversies surrounding itz practice datz dis d problem...

Non-believers just keep looking for faults.
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 1:49am On Oct 18, 2013
kizmartino:

no..

D apostles didn't do anytin wrong oo

christianity isn't false..itz jus few controversies surrounding itz practice datz dis d problem...

Non-believers just keep looking for faults.

Wat I would tell you is to make your personal research

Connect with historians, Jews and Italians

Or better still travel to Jerusalem and see how they mock all those doing pilgrimage,if not for the national revenue Israel would have stopped such pilgrimages

You can't know about the Jews more than a Jew, half of the OT is also false, especially Micha-Zechariah.

The Canaanites and Syrians have a lot to say about the Jews and the lies in the Bible too
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 18, 2013
macof:

Wat I would tell you is to make your personal research

Connect with historians, Jews and Italians

Or better still travel to Jerusalem and see how they mock all those doing pilgrimage,if not for the national revenue Israel would have stopped such pilgrimages

You can't know about the Jews more than a Jew, half of the OT is also false, especially Micha-Zechariah.

The Canaanites and Syrians have a lot to say about the Jews and the lies in the Bible too

many controversies surrounding d bible was as a result of difficulties in passing down historical events nd records..

Yea..u are right to a certain degree

but d jews are just being blind to d truth nd fact ..
U cn imagin hw difficult it is for a stack jew practicing judaism to accept christianity hence they try falsify christianity.
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by whatofyou: 10:17am On Oct 18, 2013
Which church is the perfect church? These religious bodies are constantly copy-catting each other, fusing biblical knowledge with men's knowledge and getting different results because mankind is heterogeneous. Funny thing is, bring out your set of ideas, whether crazy or not, and people are bound to follow and praise you. I like them Jehovah's witnesses; they be good people. However, I think of them as the guys that want to reconcile science with christianity.
God wants those that will serve Him in spirit and truth, and I believe they are few in each of the religious bodies. Church does not save!
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 10:37am On Oct 18, 2013
kizmartino:

many controversies surrounding d bible was as a result of difficulties in passing down historical events nd records..

Yea..u are right to a certain degree

but d jews are just being blind to d truth nd fact ..
U cn imagin hw difficult it is for a stack jew practicing judaism to accept christianity hence they try falsify christianity.

You are really lost in mental slavery no way out, no deliverance.

You think christianity has anything to offer, the Jews have they reasons for debunking christianity.

For ur information judaism isn't the original religion of the Israelis, Semitism is their original religion which was transformed to judaism by Moses.

It has worked for them, and you think if yeshua was truly a Messiah they wudnt accept him.

Pls use ur head to think, christianity is a fraud
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 18, 2013
You are absolutely wrong..

I think you need to ponder nd think well about d part u have chosen..

I wonda wht ur own pratice has to offer you..

As for d Jews,they've lost vision nd insight I dnt expect them to do any better thats d reason they will forever live in turbulent times
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by macof(m): 2:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
kizmartino: You are absolutely wrong..

I think you need to ponder nd think well about d part u have chosen..

I wonda wht ur own pratice has to offer you..

As for d Jews,they've lost vision nd insight I dnt expect them to do any better thats d reason they will forever live in turbulent times

See mumu.

You think you know more about christianity than the Romans and Jews

Which country doesn't have turbulent times?

Israel is still far better than Nigeria upon the Jesus you believe to worship

Repent! Repent!.and acknowledge the religion of your ancestors

Say No! To mental slavery
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
macof:

See mumu.

You think you know more about christianity than the Romans and Jews

Which country doesn't have turbulent times?

Israel is still far better than Nigeria upon the Jesus you believe to worship

Repent! Repent!.and acknowledge the religion of your ancestors

Say No! To mental slavery

u lack fore-sight,insight nd vision..

U're jux being racial nd tribalistic

wht make u think u're right?
Re: Religious debate: Do you Shun Jw(s)&why? (2)what do you beleive&practice?. by Alawode01(m): 11:33am On Dec 22, 2019
If all Christian church's can be teach bible like jw how better the kingdom will be and the beauty about is given free texts is very good their evangelism of the gospel is second to non.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] / Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story / Brèast Feeding A Man In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.