Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? (2566 Views)

Spiritual Attack Is Real. How To Protect Yourself / The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow / God Is An Annunaki And Came From Planet X Or "Nibiru". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by joe4christ(m): 7:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
obadiah777: yes you are right, humans have been around much longer than that. adam is a special kind of human created in the image of God. the genealogy of the bible starts with the human created in the image of God. way before then there were humans created as beasts.

And how come the bible never made mention of it neither did God?

1 Like

Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by macof(m): 7:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
noblefada:
I won't bother showing you because you won't believe if I do.
just proves ur lack of true Christian doctrine
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by noblefada: 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
macof: just proves ur lack of true Christian doctrine
Lack of what? I didn't say I don't know but I choose not to, after all u will just laugh and call me names whereas deep inside you know I made sense but are just too proud to admit it!
Take a look at this thread, the threads on "Is the bible only for believers, the meaning of the tree of life and contradictions in the bible thread" and u will understand why I'm not too in a hurry to prove anything.
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by joe4christ(m): 8:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
noblefada:
Actually the mystery of that part of genesis is very interesting and the explanation is right there in the bible! that's why I just laughed when atheists, that know next to nothing about the bible come here n start bragging, I know straight away its due to ignorance.
Let me give u another clue, first I said man was created to live forever right? what if I now tell u that Adam & Eve actually the live so millions of years b4 the fall? (remember the clue is in the bible)

Bro, you're only assuming cos you cant be that sure they lived in the garden for millions of years when the bible clearly says Adam lived before his death 930 years old overall, so whom am i to believe, your insubstancial claim or what the bible says?
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
joe4christ:

And how come the bible never made mention of it neither did God?
genesis 1 vs 24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by joe4christ(m): 9:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
obadiah777: genesis 1 vs 24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

hehehehe obadiah at it again, this prompts me to ask, do you turn your bible upside down while studying
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by noblefada: 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
joe4christ:

Bro, you're only assuming cos you cant be that sure they lived in the garden for millions of years when the bible clearly says Adam lived before his death 930 years old overall, so whom am i to believe, your insubstancial claim or what the bible says?
It's like you didn't read the previous posts, the 930 yrs only started counting after the fall. Just 5 or 6 scriptural references will explain what I earlier said, it will amaze u that all this stuffs are actually bible u've carrying all this yrs.
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
noblefada:
It's like you didn't read the previous posts, the 930 yrs only started counting after the fall. Just 5 or 6 scriptural references will explain what I earlier said, it will amaze u that all this stuffs are actually bible u've carrying all this yrs.

the bible didn't say that 930 started counting after the fall. It said, "altogether".
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by noblefada: 10:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

the bible didn't say that 930 started counting after the fall. It said, "altogether".

Ok was Adam born a baby for his years to start counting?
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
noblefada:
Ok was Adam born a baby for his years to start counting?

it doesn't matter. I understand what you where trying to say but that single word, "altogether", has premptively debunked all your excuses.
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by Nobody: 5:19am On Oct 03, 2013
macof: pls, are u a christian?

I am. so show me where the bible talked about the age of the earth.
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by macof(m): 7:28am On Oct 03, 2013
JMAN05:

I am. so show me where the bible talked about the age of the earth.
ur Bible says it took God 6days to create the earth. 6days plus Adams years down to Jesus is about 4000 years, plus 2000 after Christ= 6000
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by joe4christ(m): 7:53am On Oct 03, 2013
macof: ur Bible says it took God 6days to create the earth. 6days plus Adams years down to Jesus is about 4000 years, plus 2000 after Christ= 6000

Exactly my point, and if he still does'nt believe that between the era of adam to that of christ is 4000yrs gap, then maybe it will be of help to him if he researched on the topic and get himself enlightened...
He can either google to see for himself how bible scholars came about it or rather do it himself.
Shikenan!
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 04, 2013
macof: ur Bible says it took God 6days to create the earth. 6days plus Adams years down to Jesus is about 4000 years, plus 2000 after Christ= 6000

please where does the bible say that it took God six days to create the earth?
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 04, 2013
joe4christ:

Exactly my point, and if he still does'nt believe that between the era of adam to that of christ is 4000yrs gap, then maybe it will be of help to him if he researched on the topic and get himself enlightened...
He can either google to see for himself how bible scholars came about it or rather do it himself.
Shikenan!

please ask this scholars and show me in the bible. i dont need link.
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by Freksy(m): 1:36am On Oct 04, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Exodus 20:11

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

And don't go about the nonsense that 1 day is not actually 1 day because the same god in Genesis chapter one went out of his way to emphasize that each day is a normal 24 hour day. For example in verse five he said:

"And there was evening and there was morning, one day."

Verse 8: "And there was evening and there was morning, a second day."

Verse 13: "There was evening and there was morning, a third day."

For each day of creation the pattern is the same: evening, morning, number, day. Just part of that pattern, for example using the words "evening" and "day" together, tells us it was a 24 hour day. But god says in three ways -- evening, morning, number -- that the word day means... an ordinary 24 hour day. god is making it very clear: he created everything in six ordinary days.

The evening and morning' in Genesis chapter 1 does not limit the meaning to a literal 24 hours.

Morning = the early part of the day; the earliest period

Evening = the latter part of the day; a latter concluding time period.

If one creative day = 100,000 years; the morning would be the early years of 100,000 years, while the evening would be the latter concluding years of the same 100,000 years.

Man's situation does not compare with that of the Creator, who does not reside within our solar system and who is not affected by its various cycles and orbits. For man, a 1,000-year period represents some 365,242 individual time units of day and night, but to the Creator it can be just one unbroken time period in which he begins the carrying out of some purposeful activity and brings it on to its successful conclusion, much as a man begins a task in the morning and concludes it by the day's end.
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by joe4christ(m): 7:56am On Oct 04, 2013
Freksy:

The evening and morning' in Genesis chapter 1 does not limit the meaning to a literal 24 hours.

Morning = the early part of the day; the earliest period

Evening = the latter part of the day; a latter concluding time period.

If one creative day = 100,000 years; the morning would be the early years of 100,000 years, while the evening would be the latter concluding years of the same 100,000 years.

Man's situation does not compare with that of the Creator, who does not reside within our solar system and who is not affected by its various cycles and orbits. For man, a 1,000-year period represents some 365,242 individual time units of day and night, but to the Creator it can be just one unbroken time period in which he begins the carrying out of some purposeful activity and brings it on to its successful conclusion, much as a man begins a task in the morning and concludes it by the day's end.

Guy, stop twisting the scripture to suit your ideology abeg, the bible says in the 1st Day of creation God said let there be light and separated the light from the darkness and he called the light day while the dark night, the day and night here is a representative of time which is 24 earthly hours, and the earth has'nt change since then, atleast we know it has been like this for thousands of years of earthly civilizations.
So, dont think you are doing God any service by twisting the scripture to suite your idea.
Thank you!
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by Freksy(m): 9:55am On Oct 04, 2013
joe4christ:

Guy, stop twisting the scripture to suit your ideology abeg, the bible says in the 1st Day of creation God said let there be light

How long did it take for the light to appear, instantly, as one would turn on an electric bulb?

and separated the light from the darkness and he called the light day while the dark night, the day and night here is a representative of time which is 24 earthly hours,

If a portion of one creative day (the light portion) was also called 'day', it would be baseless assumption if one says each creative day was the same as a solar day in length.

Moreover, the entire period of the six time units or creative "days" dedicated to the preparation of planet Earth is summed up in one all-embracing "day" at Genesis 2:4: "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens," KJV...In other words, all the six creative days are described as a "day".

The "day" as used in Genesis creation account, is not the same as a 24-hour solar day.

and the earth has'nt change since then, atleast we know it has been like this for thousands of years of earthly civilizations.

I would rather say the earth has changed a lot since then. There was no direct sunlight on creative days 1-3. The light then was diffused, and came over time.

The earth's atmosphere was thicker,...cleared over time.

Solar days began on day 4 with the discernibility of the stellar bodies - the sun and co.

So, dont think you are doing God any service by twisting the scripture to suite your idea.
Thank you!

It would rather be a twist if I say each creative day, whose length is never mentioned in the bible, was 24 hours in length.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jehovah Witness Is A Cult! / How Do You Feel About God? / As An Atheist,if God Does Not Exist, What About Witchcraft N Wizardry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.