Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,270 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? (19074 Views)

Finidi George Is Mallorca’s Youth Coach / Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON / Finidi George Joins Real Betis Technical Crew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by kliq(m): 8:52pm On Oct 03, 2013
Never....the great finito;Legendary!
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by folafola(m): 8:52pm On Oct 03, 2013
speeder: But honestly, I don't know this Finidi of a guy. I only heard of him when he died.
die ke?!
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by Christmasdon(m): 8:55pm On Oct 03, 2013
Please! am confused somewhere. Someone should answer me. Why is Wigan athletic of england playing europa league. I thought they are on relegation.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by theripper3: 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2013
Christmasdon: Please! am confused somewhere. Someone should answer me. Why is Wigan athletic of england playing europa league. I thought they are on relegation.

Winner of the FA cup gets automatic qualification for the Europa league. They defeated Man City last season
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by femi4: 9:06pm On Oct 03, 2013
speeder: But honestly, I don't know this Finidi of a guy. I only heard of him when he died.
How will you know about Finidi since you are so daft to know that he's still alive.
Its not your fault, I put the blame on ASUU
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by Christmasdon(m): 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2013
.ewooo! Thank you my brother. I am fully not aware of this. Heeei. I am now ok. buh! Did chelsea go when they won the FA CUP. Just asking.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by femi4: 9:12pm On Oct 03, 2013
Rossikk:

The comparison is more about similar playing style/comportment. They both play on the right and close to the wing so their roles are not that dissimilar. I even think Efe should be thinking of playing a more forward role since he seems a lot more effective coming forward. He's wasted in defence in my view.
There is nothing similar in their style of play. This is the worst comparison I have seen in a long time and to think it hits the front page makes it more absurd
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by femi4: 9:14pm On Oct 03, 2013
Christmasdon: .ewooo! Thank you my brother. I am fully not aware of this. Heeei. I am now ok. buh! Did chelsea go when they won the FA CUP. Just asking.
Chelsea finished in top 4, So another team use the slot
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by unyimecc(f): 9:15pm On Oct 03, 2013
rasojie: He is still young, still has time to be even better than finidi.
Did u say young?
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by Christmasdon(m): 9:27pm On Oct 03, 2013
And on what ground did another team use(d) the slot? Just asking.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by solenzop: 9:45pm On Oct 03, 2013
Sorry, who's this Efe Ambrose?
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by chucky234(m): 9:49pm On Oct 03, 2013
No sane man will ever compare Ambrose to Finidi,Efe lack flexibility as a defender.
Finidi was a world class player and helped Ajax won the UEFA CL in 1995 as well as the toyota cup(now world club cup).
He is presently coaching a second division side in Spain and that underlines his many qualities,Efe will never be as good as Finid George.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by write2obi(m): 10:08pm On Oct 03, 2013
Christmasdon: Please! am confused somewhere. Someone should answer me. Why is Wigan athletic of england playing europa league. I thought they are on relegation.
England gets 3 Europa league slots,
1. FA Cup winner
2. League cup winner(carling cup)
3. Fifth in the League table

1 Like

Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by ToyinDipo(m): 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2013
nerodenero: It was Iginiwari George that died and a younger brother of Finidi.Finidi is currently a coach in Spain.
Wow, you just reminded me of that Stationery Store's promising star. That guy was good.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by benson81(m): 10:19pm On Oct 03, 2013
.this shows you must be a kid or you came into nigeria from mars.(No offence)
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by teoo: 10:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
Na u kill am ?
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by teoo: 10:35pm On Oct 03, 2013
unyimecc: Did u say young?
As per d naija way now. Lool
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by Realdeals(m): 10:36pm On Oct 03, 2013
It is absurd to compare both player b4 efe we've had Tijani babangida, pius ikedia non of them can be compared to finidi. Their was a time finidi was regarded as the best '7' in the world ahead of beckham.

1 Like

Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by logica(m): 10:48pm On Oct 03, 2013
You should be comparing Victor Moses to Finidi. Or even Musa. If anyone is likely to reach the heights of Finidi, then it is Moses. But he has a long way to go.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by write2obi(m): 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2013
markucluj: he is still verrry young
rasojie: He is still young, still has time to be even better than finidi.
are u two trying to be sarcastic or what?

dyomo: This comparison is quite ridiculous. Finidi was a world class winger during his days. At a time,he was voted the best number 7 in the world ahead of David Beckham. Ambrose is a defender,and not a particularly good one. So I can't actually see anything to compare in both players.
Finally someone with brain.
I don't hate Ambrose, but he is an average player for crying out loud!!,
Finidi on the other hand was a world class old-fashioned right winger, he hugged his touchline and wipe in inch-perfect crosses after crosses, a regular goal scorer, scoring a career total of 74 goals(as an Old-fashion wide midfielder) he made the right wing his own in the famous Ajax 1995 team, a team that boosts of the likes of Marc Overmars, Martijn Reuser, Frank Rijkaard, Clarence Seedorf, Ignacio Tuhuteru, John van den Brom,Nordin Wooter, in their midfield. Op don't be silly

3 Likes

Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by write2obi(m): 11:11pm On Oct 03, 2013
gomis: looool i know efe personally as we live in the same area here in kd, he is like 3younger brother after, 2 plays for kaduna utd.. he is a utility player very strong, but the other younger brother emma is a better player than efe and he is the captain of kaduna utd
Hmmmmmmmmm *take a deep breath* we get you son, you know him from kd, u can rest now
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by Rossikk(m): 11:15pm On Oct 03, 2013
write2obi:
are u two trying to be sarcastic or what?

Finally someone with brain.
I don't hate Ambrose, but he is an average player for crying out loud!!

He is not an ''average'' player. There is no ''average'' player in the Super Eagles starting 11. Your sniffy analysis will change after they reach the semis in Brazil 2014.

Finidi on the other hand was a world class old-fashioned right winger, he hugged his touchline and wipe in inch-perfect crosses after crosses, a regular goal scorer, scoring a career total of 74 goals(as an Old-fashion wide midfielder) he made the right wing his own in the famous Ajax 1995 team, a team that boosts of the likes of Marc Overmars, Martijn Reuser, Frank Rijkaard, Clarence Seedorf, Ignacio Tuhuteru, John van den Brom,Nordin Wooter, in their midfield.

Blah blah blah... We are talking of ''new'', and ''new'' cannot have a retinue of success and awards such as you're reeling out, so this is all irrelevant.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by gray10: 11:53pm On Oct 03, 2013
Where is the resemblance ......
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by seniwellsFX: 11:57pm On Oct 03, 2013
People can be very funny sometimes. How can any good football lover compare efe ambrose to the grate finidi George. Finidi was like a professional tailor in his days. His passes were well tailored and measured to his teammates that he was awarded the world best #7. Efe is just a regular defender still building his game. Note: they don't even play the same position. Comparing them shows the poster never watched finidi play.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by seniwellsFX: 12:06am On Oct 04, 2013
ToyinDipo:
Wow, you just reminded me of that Stationery Store's promising star. That guy was good.
igeniwari George was a rangers of enugu player and not defunt stationary stores.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by Rossikk(m): 12:12am On Oct 04, 2013
seniwells FX: People can be very funny sometimes. How can any good football lover compare efe ambrose to the grate finidi George. Finidi was like a professional tailor in his days. His passes were well tailored and measured to his teammates that he was awarded the world best #7. Efe is just a regular defender still building his game. Note: they don't even play the same position. Comparing them shows the poster never watched finidi play.

Err... I did ''watch Finidi play'' thank you! Players do not have to ''play the same position'' before you can compare them, if you know your football. They both play on the right, and Ambrose likes to bomb forward, so there is basis for comparison. If you can't see the similarity in both players' styles say so and move on, and zip the snide remarks.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by campbellben: 1:10am On Oct 04, 2013
are you a good musician or a business man or as well any worker and you need excess of money and you also want to become famous and wealthy here is your chance to become a member of the illuminati and become a star in your life. if really you are interested in becoming a full member of the illuminati don't hesitate to email us or call and we also want you to know that there is nobody that is to determine your future because your future is right in your hands so join us now and become a responsible human being okay, so email us now if interested in becoming rich and powerful email us now at : 666illuminatiworld@gmail.com
or call us +447031973533 or call an agent in Nigeria +2348074623298
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by logica(m): 1:13am On Oct 04, 2013
campbellben: are you a good musician or a business man or as well any worker and you need excess of money and you also want to become famous and wealthy here is your chance to become a member of the illuminati and become a star in your life. if really you are interested in becoming a full member of the illuminati don't hesitate to email us or call and we also want you to know that there is nobody that is to determine your future because your future is right in your hands so join us now and become a responsible human being okay, so email us now if interested in becoming rich and powerful email us now at : 666illuminatiworld@gmail.com
or call us +447031973533 or call an agent in Nigeria +2348074623298
LMAO. How much is the membership fee? wink
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by OduntanGabriel(m): 1:24am On Oct 04, 2013
I cannot categorically tell u now... I might say he's d new finidi and my oga @ the top says anoda thing... Dats all
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by femi4: 5:08am On Oct 04, 2013
Christmasdon: And on what ground did another team use(d) the slot? Just asking.
FA cup runners-up
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by femi4: 5:14am On Oct 04, 2013
Rossikk:

Err... I did ''watch Finidi play'' thank you! Players do not have to ''play the same position'' before you can compare them, if you know your football. They both play on the right, and Ambrose likes to bomb forward, so there is basis for comparison. If you can't see the similarity in both players' styles say so and move on, and zip the snide remarks.
Your reasoning is very shallow
Analysis is baseless and your arguement doesn't hold water.
Comparing an average defender to a world class attacker.

Pick five World class right back, let me see If Efe will make the list

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arsenal Sign Real Dani Ceballos On A One-year Loan Deal / Iheanacho Scores 14th Goal In 14 Games To Take Leicester Closer To UCL / Sevilla Joins Barcelona in the Race to Sign Super Eagles Striker Sadiq Umar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.