Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? (19073 Views)

Finidi George Is Mallorca’s Youth Coach / Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON / Finidi George Joins Real Betis Technical Crew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by goodgood2(m): 7:24am On Oct 04, 2013
rasojie: He is still young, still has time to be even better than finidi.
Still young? My guy, what are you smoking?
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by femliany(m): 7:26am On Oct 04, 2013
[quote author=speeder]But honestly, I don't know this Finidi of a guy. I only heard of him when he died.

Na you kill am?
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by orgasticdance: 7:50am On Oct 04, 2013
dharmmylolar: He is good, but for where? I don't think so
This guy that looks as old as my gran papa looks young? dis guy is clearly over 33. and is prolly playing at his best at the moment and has a very low ceiling compared to people luke omeruo who may be 25(not 19 as he is claiming)
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by munky(m): 8:00am On Oct 04, 2013
speeder: But honestly, I don't know this Finidi of a guy. I only heard of him when he died.

Finidi George is not dead.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by CrazyGooner(m): 8:39am On Oct 04, 2013
Efe is not fit to lace finidi's boots.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by munky(m): 8:40am On Oct 04, 2013
campbellben: are you a good musician or a business man or as well any worker and you need excess of money and you also want to become famous and wealthy here is your chance to become a member of the illuminati and become a star in your life. if really you are interested in becoming a full member of the illuminati don't hesitate to email us or call and we also want you to know that there is nobody that is to determine your future because your future is right in your hands so join us now and become a responsible human being okay, so email us now if interested in becoming rich and powerful email us now at : 666illuminatiworld@gmail.com
or call us +447031973533 or call an agent in Nigeria +2348074623298

The funny thing is GULLIBLE people will send emails and call too. people its a scam.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by Ikenna94: 9:06am On Oct 04, 2013
olumidebaxxx: No eagle has fit into Finidi's shoes
abeg leave dat tin naso,finidi na world clas barca no sign am,musa is trying jare
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by logica(m): 9:31am On Oct 04, 2013
Ikenna94: abeg leave dat tin naso,finidi na world clas barca no sign am,musa is trying jare
So you have to be signed by Barca to be world class? For your info, the Ajax set he played with defeated the AC Milan that had destroyed Barca 4-0 in the previous final of the Champions League to be champions themselves.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by looder: 9:31am On Oct 04, 2013
No. He's a defender.

Rossikk: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi?

This guy's game reminds so much of the great Finidi George. Only difference is that Finidi played a bit more forward. But when Efe comes forward, his play and elegant comportment on the ball is very similar to that of the former Ajax and Real Betis legend.

Is he the new Finidi?

Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by teetee123: 10:40am On Oct 04, 2013
@ op

What is your basis for your so called comparison. Is it terms of speed, strength, agility, ball hold, passes , goal scoring?
For crying out loud and in case you do not know, Finidi was a right winger while Efe is a defender or at times play as a defensive midfielder.
When you want to do a comprehensive and result oriented comparative analysis, you compare people who play in similar positions.
Do more research about these players before coming here to expose your ignorance.
Ahmed Musa would have been a player for comparison with Finidi George.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by chika288: 10:43am On Oct 04, 2013
WEEK 12
OCT 5 2013
--—-----
------------
9/40
------------
CALL 08066830625 FOR 3/3 NEXT WEEK
enjoy ||••••|||
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by tobbyrobson(m): 11:22am On Oct 04, 2013
If u ar comparing Efe with 'Finito' definitely u ddnt watch finidi play... Efe is a defender,Finidi was a right winger and sumtyms play as a central midfielder(Majorly with clubs), Efe is only a gud player,Finidi was a world class player voted the best winger in the world(in d 90's)... more like comparing Night with Day!
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by Rossikk(m): 1:29pm On Oct 04, 2013
teetee123: @ op

What is your basis for your so called comparison. Is it terms of speed, strength, agility, ball hold, passes , goal scoring?
For crying out loud and in case you do not know, Finidi was a right winger while Efe is a defender or at times play as a defensive midfielder.
When you want to do a comprehensive and result oriented comparative analysis, you compare people who play in similar positions.
Do more research about these players before coming here to expose your ignorance.
Ahmed Musa would have been a player for comparison with Finidi George.
You were probably in diapers when some of us were drooling over Finidi. Kindly keep shut if you don't know football players can be compared irrespective of their field positions, in certain aspects of the game such as I already mentioned early in the thread. Not sure why the mods made this fp.....too many neophytes here typing garbage. Ahmed Musa indeed. Smh.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by Rossikk(m): 1:34pm On Oct 04, 2013
looder: No. He's a defender.

wow....thanks for that wonderful revelation. I had absolutely no idea! Smh.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by enginexy10(m): 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2013
i love watching the guy ..he is too good..
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 04, 2013
Rossikk: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi?

This guy's game reminds so much of the great Finidi George. Only difference is that Finidi played a bit more forward. But when Efe comes forward, his play and elegant comportment on the ball is very similar to that of the former Ajax and Real Betis legend.

Is he the new Finidi?

[size=100pt] NO[/size]
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
write2obi:
are u two trying to be sarcastic or what?

Finally someone with brain.
I don't hate Ambrose, but he is an average player for crying out loud!!,
Finidi on the other hand was a world class old-fashioned right winger, he hugged his touchline and wipe in inch-perfect crosses after crosses, a regular goal scorer, scoring a career total of 74 goals(as an Old-fashion wide midfielder) he made the right wing his own in the famous Ajax 1995 team, a team that boosts of the likes of Marc Overmars, Martijn Reuser, Frank Rijkaard, Clarence Seedorf, Ignacio Tuhuteru, John van den Brom,Nordin Wooter, in their midfield. Op don't be silly
[size=78pt] New is always better.[/size]
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by BonnyDominic: 3:15pm On Oct 04, 2013
D played diff wing. Efe play right back(2), while big bros played right front(7), but d diff is dat d former has d ability to perform d duty of d latter nd still recover his position quickly.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by ToyinDipo(m): 3:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
seniwells FX: igeniwari George was a rangers of enugu player and not defunt stationary stores.
It's true, I think he died from a stray bullet from a fan during a game against stationery stores.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by dyomo(m): 11:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
write2obi:
are u two trying to be sarcastic or what?

Finally someone with brain.
I don't hate Ambrose, but he is an average player for crying out loud!!,
Finidi on the other hand was a world class old-fashioned right winger, he hugged his touchline and wipe in inch-perfect crosses after crosses, a regular goal scorer, scoring a career total of 74 goals(as an Old-fashion wide midfielder) he made the right wing his own in the famous Ajax 1995 team, a team that boosts of the likes of Marc Overmars, Martijn Reuser, Frank Rijkaard, Clarence Seedorf, Ignacio Tuhuteru, John van den Brom,Nordin Wooter, in their midfield. Op don't be silly
You forgot to mention Patrick Kluivert, De Boer brothers, Edgar Davids, Danny Blind, Edwin van Der Sar and the legendary Pappilo. That squad oozed quality all through.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by dyomo(m): 12:16am On Oct 05, 2013
Ikenna94: abeg leave dat tin naso,finidi na world clas barca no sign am,musa is trying jare
Which team was better than that Ajax squad of 95? They beat almighty AC Milan boasting of several members of the Italian team that came second at the 94 world cup thrice that season. Twice in the group stage and in the final. AC Milan were the defending champion, and they beat the 'world class' barca team 4-0 in the 94 final.
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by write2obi(m): 6:56am On Oct 05, 2013
Look at this foooool, Ajax was playing Champions League finals after finals the best club in the world along with AC Milan and Real Madrid, Barca was no where close to the top when Finidi was on top of the game, your statement clearly shows your just a plastic fan. Glory hunting muppet! #no offence
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by write2obi(m): 7:08am On Oct 05, 2013
dyomo:
You forgot to mention Patrick Kluivert, De Boer brothers, Edgar Davids, Danny Blind, Edwin van Der Sar and the legendary Pappilo. That squad oozed quality all through.
Thanks bro, thou I did not forget, if you read my comment again u'll notice i only named their Midfielders, i missed Edgar, the rest you mentioned are not Midfield players
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by write2obi(m): 7:11am On Oct 05, 2013
Bonny Dominic: D played diff wing. Efe play right back(2), while big bros played right front(7), but d diff is dat d former has d ability to perform d duty of d latter nd still recover his position quickly.
Efe never recovers to his position, that one of his Achilles heel
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by write2obi(m): 7:35am On Oct 05, 2013
E-Light:
[size=78pt] New is always better.[/size]
By that you mean?
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by achinaboy(m): 1:43pm On Oct 05, 2013
rasojie: He is still young, still has time to be even better than finidi.
i wonder why u said hes still young,and will be better than finidi,this guy is over 40,when willhe be better
Re: Is Efe Ambrose The New Finidi George? by LoveFootball: 3:13pm On Oct 05, 2013
[size=20pt]Finidi George was one time the best #7 in the world when he was at Betis... Efe is not yet in that level at all. We Wish him the best at LoveFootballfc.com.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sevilla Joins Barcelona in the Race to Sign Super Eagles Striker Sadiq Umar / Arsenal Sign Real Dani Ceballos On A One-year Loan Deal / Iheanacho Scores 14th Goal In 14 Games To Take Leicester Closer To UCL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.