Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517253 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 23, 2014
SalC: Hmmm don't let anything take smiles away from you. smiley

Definitely, I'll get an inferior course. cry
Re: A Thread For Catholics by dagr8(m): 12:21am On Aug 24, 2014
SalC: I missed this house and how comes it's been too quiet? Who lock door carry key comot

Been unwell for few days now...smh.
Pele...you will be fine, ok
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chidima: 5:47am On Aug 24, 2014
@ Salc, sorry about your health.

Happy sunday all. Which mass are you going for. As for me, na 11.30am mass. After which i will teach catechism and then attend a marriage seminar. So how are you all going to spend your sunday?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 6:21am On Aug 24, 2014
Rich4god: How will you be missing your PA... Isnt she supposed to be with you... grin grin grin
How are you doing my guy...

TMI lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I'm doing fine bro and u ?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 6:23am On Aug 24, 2014
SalC: Are you really concerned about POPEII or are you indirectly trying to know the whereabout of your Zing? wink

You dey mind him lipsrsealed grin

Rich , kamsy don turn nun ooo
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 6:28am On Aug 24, 2014
SalC: I knew it!!!

Ah how I dey? So you don sabi our lingua franca ni? grin am cool and you?

I don learn na

Pretty cool, really missed this thread
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 6:33am On Aug 24, 2014
SalC: His royal popeness, I missed you more embarassed welcome back !!! smiley

Thank you
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 6:35am On Aug 24, 2014
jnrbayano:

Anambra too

Anambra adigo mma
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:43am On Aug 24, 2014
POPEII:

Anambra adigo mma

smiley

It is good to have you back bro. Brethren have overly asked after you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
SalC: Are you really concerned about POPEII or are you indirectly trying to know the whereabout of your Zing? wink
lol.... If i dont knw the where about of my zing, who will... Happy sunday...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 12:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
POPEII:

You dey mind him lipsrsealed grin

Rich , kamsy don turn nun ooo
Lol... How can she turn nun when everything have been sealed... Abi dem dey axept married pple 4 monastry...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 12:24pm On Aug 24, 2014
@Salc... My bad... Sorry I couldnt check on you...sad hope you are ok now...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by IFY124(f): 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
Happy sunday all. SalC, how are you doing? I hope you are ok now.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
SalC hope you are doing better.

hi all. Have a blessed week
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
babestell: SalC hope you are doing better.

hi all. Have a blessed week
You too dear.
embarassed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 6:54pm On Aug 24, 2014
musKeeto:
You too dear.
embarassed

Thanks dear!!! No need to blush.

were you Catholic in your pre atheist life?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 24, 2014
babestell:

Thanks dear!!! No need to blush.

were you Catholic in your pre atheist life?
My dad's Catholic. Mom"s Pentecostal. I was more involved in Momc's church. Attended Catholic church when in villa or for some functions.

So, simple answer, I was Christian. Never noticed the differences btw C and P until I began to question religion.

Hope you had a lovely weekend.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 24, 2014
Please read this thread... You will be informed; https://www.nairaland.com/1871768/how-old-church.

Tanks
Re: A Thread For Catholics by wonda26(m): 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
Happy week ahead toy fellow brethren. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 9:12pm On Aug 24, 2014
musKeeto:
My dad's Catholic. Mom"s Pentecostal. I was more involved in Momc's church. Attended Catholic church when in villa or for some functions.

So, simple answer, I was Christian. Never noticed the differences btw C and P until I began to question religion.

Hope you had a lovely weekend.

ok I ask because I saw post where u said you like Catholic girls so I wondered why?

Weekend was okay. I went for confession
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
babestell:

ok I ask because I saw post where u said you like Catholic girls so I wondered why?

Weekend was okay. I went for confession
I've dated 3. They were all intelligent. 2 after I became atheist. They're not as close-minded as the pentecostal folks, and most have good manners. Maybe it's the company I keep, I don't know. I find the 'miracle/prosperity' church girls to be more hypocritical about their lifestyle. lipsrsealed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
Btw, erm, what did you confess? grin
I can forgive you. tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 7:39am On Aug 25, 2014
musKeeto:
I've dated 3. They were all intelligent. 2 after I became atheist. They're not as close-minded as the pentecostal folks, and most have good manners. Maybe it's the company I keep, I don't know. I find the 'miracle/prosperity' church girls to be more hypocritical about their lifestyle. lipsrsealed

Sighs woefully !!!!

God please give our catholic boys the eyes to see!!

grin grin grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 25, 2014
musKeeto:

Fallacy of hasty generalisation!

Hope the bold is not your way of saying those you have dated are 'easy pickings' and gullible? I guess to Atheists, anyone who hold on strong to 'Christ' principles' is closed minded.

By the way its the company you probably keep. I have seen Pentecostal ladies that are more intelligent and better behaved than some of the Catholic girls I know.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 25, 2014
musKeeto:

Close minded? No.

That can only be found in a church were women don't apply makeup, put on trouser etc

E.g Jehovah witness, Deeper Life not Porsh/classy Pentecostal Churches like Winners, Christ embassy etc
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 25, 2014
striktlymi:
Fallacy of hasty generalisation!
I'm quite sure you know I'm better that that. I clearly stated that my conclusions are based on my experience. And yeah, as head of my department and one who was quite active in the Youth Fellowship, these conclusions aren't quite baseless.

striktlymi:
Hope the bold is not your way of saying those you have dated are 'easy pickings' and gullible?
I honestly don't know how you read it that way. Smh.

striktlymi:
I guess to Atheists, anyone who hold on strong to 'Christ' principles' is closed minded.
And this isn't a perfect example of generalization you accused me of earlier?

striktlymi:
By the way its the company you probably keep
Now this is reasonable.

striktlymi:
I have seen Pentecostal ladies that are more intelligent and better behaved than some of the Catholic girls I know.
Cool. Would love to meet some too.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 25, 2014
babestell:

Sighs woefully !!!!

God please give our catholic boys the eyes to see!!

grin grin grin
Lol. Smh. grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 25, 2014
FrancisTony:

Close minded? No.

That can only be found in a church were women don't apply makeup, put on trouser etc

E.g Jehovah witness, Deeper Life not Porsh/classy Pentecostal Churches like Winners, Christ embassy etc
These guys and their conclusions. What does the highlighted have to do with being open-minded? Yes, I agree that in such congregations, you're more likely to encounter segregation, but even amongst these 'modern' churches, you'd find a lot of young people who hear 'I'm atheist' and think it means 'Me and Satan are close pals'...

I'm not going to extend this discussion beyond this. I've made it clear that my conclusions are drawn from my own experience.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 25, 2014
musKeeto:
I'm quite sure you know I'm better that that.

Surely I know...one reason I decided to comment on it.

musKeeto:
I clearly stated that my conclusions are based on my experience. And yeah, as head of my department and one who was quite active in the Youth Fellowship, these conclusions aren't quite baseless.

...and the reason for your conclusion is? I bet you can't mention one reason that has nothing to do with their desire to please Christ.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 25, 2014
striktlymi:

...and the reason for your conclusion is? I bet you can't mention one reason that has nothing to do with their desire to please Christ.
And somehow, the Catholic girls I like desire to please Satan?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 11:56am On Aug 25, 2014
This is so ROMANTIC!!!!

striktlymi and musKeeto arguing over Catholic girls!!!

Our heroes saying the same thing in different languages.

This just brings tears to my eyes! cry cry

Whoever wins gets to take Kamsified out to dinner!!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 25, 2014
musKeeto:
And somehow, the Catholic girls I like desire to please Satan?

Now you are being evasive.

Give the reason(s) why in your view the 'Pentecostal' ladies you were (and probably still are) exposed to are "closed minded". I am sure that shouldn't be too difficult.

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.