Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (519530 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by IFY124(f): 9:15am On Sep 10, 2014
MariaGoretti: Good Good morning sweet people of God.
Good morning dear
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:26am On Sep 11, 2014
babestell:
SINGLE YEARS
  "Are you free of a wife? If so, do not go in search of one." —1 Corinthians 7:27 smiley  1st reading
Those gifted to be single for the Lord do not commit sin if they marry (1 Cor 7:28). "But such people will have trials in this life, and these I should like to spare you" (1 Cor 7:28). All people have trials; so Paul must have been referring to unnecessary, additional trials. Moreover, it is sometimes good to undergo trials. However, Paul must not have been referring to "good" trials, or he would not have tried to spare anyone these trials. In summary, in the Scriptures the Lord indicates that those who marry but were called to be single will have unnecessary, additional trials, which it would have been better not to have undergone.

Is the Lord trying to show those who are single the way to the easiest, most comfortable life? No, He is trying to keep singles as free as possible to help them devote themselves entirely to Him (1 Cor 7:35). Some people in the Body of Christ need to be available for anything at any time to further God's kingdom. They must not be tied down by unnecessary trials. The exceptional freedom and availability of those single for the Lord is not for their ease and comfort; rather, it is for the good of the Body of Christ.

"The time is short" (1 Cor 7:29), and the times are stressful (1 Cor 7:26). Those of you called to the single life, the Body of Christ needs your gift now more than ever. Be single for the Lord and His kingdom.

Culled from Laudate app

Nice one...especially in these times.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:29am On Sep 11, 2014
debbie: Good morning all.please who is in Abuja presently looking for an intern job,let me know
NOTE-it is only for the house members please

Hope we have prayed and studied the word of God this morning?
have a blessed day .

Good one antie debbie, I can see it impressed the Pope' secretary, your recognition for vatican don de high.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:36am On Sep 11, 2014
Kamsified: Rich4god and jnrbayano!!!! I greet una

I greet una too. Rich4God, how is Salc? Jnrbayano, how is woky? Kamsified I greet you too, hope PopeII is ok. Mr.Aladin how your bros na? Una well done.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:54am On Sep 11, 2014
Syncan:

I greet una too. Rich4God, how is Salc? Jnrbayano, how is woky? Kamsified I greet you too, hope PopeII is ok. Mr.Aladin how your bros na? Una well done.
I greet you too bro... Salc is ok... Just on break trying to fix some things that kiddablingz spoilt. She will be back soon. I saw PopeII yesterday, doing his normal.... Wonderful day to you all...

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:25am On Sep 11, 2014
Now about food sacrificed to idols.... Well then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: we know that idols do not really exist in the world and that there is no god but the ...One God, the Father, from whom all things come and for whom we exist; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things come and through whom we exist. Some people, however, do not have this knowledge. There are some who have been so long used to idols that they eat this food as though it really had been sacrificed to the idol, and their conscience, being weak, is defiled by it. In this way your knowledge could become the ruin of someone weak, of a brother for whom Christ died. By sinning in this way against your brothers, and injuring their weak consciences, it would be Christ against whom you sinned. That is why, since food can be the occasion of my brother’s downfall, I shall never eat meat again in case I am the cause of a brother’s downfall. 1 Corinthians 8:1-7,11-13

Love. A word that is small, but an emotion so powerful, that it lightens heavy loads. The sacrifices people make for love...look into your life, as I look into mine, what huge sacrifice have we made for the sake of love. Often times we only remember it as a "huge sacrifice" when there is a problem, never when the going is good. Its my right to discuss anything, its my right to dress any how, its my right to visit anywhere...yes as long as I am not infringing on anyone's right, but isn't that same with St. Paul? Yet he will not only give up sacrificed meat, but will give up meat entirely so as to keep a brother from commiting sin. Living in line with our rights is like obeying the letters of the law, it was what the pharisees did, but Christians go further, they look out for others even to giving up their rights. Debbie should mind the content of her jokes; because Ubenedictus may sin with it, SalC should be careful of her dressing because kamsified and Rich4God may be scandalized, Ify124 may forfeit jw watch towa magazine because mariagorreti may not have the knowledge to pick out the truth from the false, Italo should stop complaining about long sermon because francistony may stop going for mass. We've got a responsibilty of love, first to God and then to our fellow man.

Good morning all, a splendid day ahead.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 9:47am On Sep 11, 2014
Thanks my brother,i will always help when the need arises smiley
Syncan:

Good one antie debbie, I can see it impressed the Pope' secretary, your recognition for vatican don de high.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 9:50am On Sep 11, 2014
Hummmmm what a heart piecing truth.It is well written.
At times our actions which may be good or normal on its own might cause a brother to sin.So i have learnt some lessons today
Thanks for sharing
Syncan: Now about food sacrificed to idols.... Well then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: we know that idols do not really exist in the world and that there is no god but the ...One God, the Father, from whom all things come and for whom we exist; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things come and through whom we exist. Some people, however, do not have this knowledge. There are some who have been so long used to idols that they eat this food as though it really had been sacrificed to the idol, and their conscience, being weak, is defiled by it. In this way your knowledge could become the ruin of someone weak, of a brother for whom Christ died. By sinning in this way against your brothers, and injuring their weak consciences, it would be Christ against whom you sinned. That is why, since food can be the occasion of my brother’s downfall, I shall never eat meat again in case I am the cause of a brother’s downfall. 1 Corinthians 8:1-7,11-13

Love. A word that is small, but an emotion so powerful, that it lightens heavy loads. The sacrifices people make for love...look into your life, as I look into mine, what huge sacrifice have we made for the sake of love. Often times we only remember it as a "huge sacrifice" when there is a problem, never when the going is good. Its my right to discuss anything, its my right to dress any how, its my right to visit anywhere...yes as long as I am not infringing on anyone's right, but isn't that same with St. Paul? Yet he will not only give up sacrificed meat, but will give up meat entirely so as to keep a brother from commiting sin. Living in line with our rights is like obeying the letters of the law, it was what the pharisees did, but Christians go further, they look out for others even to giving up their rights. Debbie should mind the content of her jokes; because Ubenedictus may sin with it, SalC should be careful of her dressing because kamsified and Rich4God may be scandalized, Ify124 may forfeit jw watch towa magazine because mariagorreti may not have the knowledge to pick out the truth from the false, Italo should stop complaining about long sermon because francistony may stop going for mass. We've got a responsibilty of love, first to God and then to our fellow man.

Good morning all, a splendid day ahead.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 10:17am On Sep 11, 2014
Syncan:

Take me humble greetings from my mouth Syncan. How is you?

Woky is doing great, I am sure. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by IFY124(f): 12:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thank you Syncan for that beautiful write up. God bless you. Nice day to y'all
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
babestell:
SINGLE YEARS
  "Are you free of a wife? If so, do not go in search of one." —1 Corinthians 7:27 smiley  1st reading
Those gifted to be single for the Lord do not commit sin if they marry (1 Cor 7:28). "But such people will have trials in this life, and these I should like to spare you" (1 Cor 7:28). All people have trials; so Paul must have been referring to unnecessary, additional trials. Moreover, it is sometimes good to undergo trials. However, Paul must not have been referring to "good" trials, or he would not have tried to spare anyone these trials. In summary, in the Scriptures the Lord indicates that those who marry but were called to be single will have unnecessary, additional trials, which it would have been better not to have undergone.

Is the Lord trying to show those who are single the way to the easiest, most comfortable life? No, He is trying to keep singles as free as possible to help them devote themselves entirely to Him (1 Cor 7:35). Some people in the Body of Christ need to be available for anything at any time to further God's kingdom. They must not be tied down by unnecessary trials. The exceptional freedom and availability of those single for the Lord is not for their ease and comfort; rather, it is for the good of the Body of Christ.

"The time is short" (1 Cor 7:29), and the times are stressful (1 Cor 7:26). Those of you called to the single life, the Body of Christ needs your gift now more than ever. Be single for the Lord and His kingdom.

Culled from Laudate app
Great piece Nnem. Thanks for sharing
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
MariaGoretti: Good Good morning sweet people of God.
Good day dear,how have you bn?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
Syncan:

smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
@Syncan
Lots of takeaways from your message. Thanks and remain blessed bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
Happy weekend everyone
I bring you all warm greetings from Vatican
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 8:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
Kamsified: Happy weekend everyone
I bring you warm greetings from Vatican

I see you.

How was your day nwa oma?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
jnrbayano:

I see you.

How was your day nwa oma?
Not bad at all. How was yours?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 8:20pm On Sep 12, 2014
Kamsified:
Not bad at all. How was yours?

Fulfilled.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
jnrbayano:

Fulfilled.
Wonderful
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
I see striktlymi. Hey boss
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
Kamsified: I see striktlymi. Hey boss

Hallo

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 13, 2014
Vig86: I think I need help. I have been away from God for a long time which I know but at every attempt that I make to bring myself closer the more far away I go from Him. Seriously, I need somebody to guide me. I am not a thief and I will never steal, I never smoked but within me I know I lack the presence of God. Please help your brother. I hardly go to church. The last time I went to church this year was on 1st of January this year (new year). I tried doing it on my own but NO WAY. I can't even pray but I always beg God for forgiveness. I am a Catholic. This is my pin 289C227A, 07066869898. All I need is advice please don't invite me to any church. Thank you.

https://www.nairaland.com/1900605/cant-it-alone#26255904
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:50am On Sep 13, 2014
Morning friends... @jnrbayano, where is woky, being long I heard frm him. lost his contct with me...
Football wise, I pray that both Man City and Chelsea lose/draw, esp Chelsea... Dont want them to be unbeaten after 4 matches...
Wonderful weekend to you all...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Justeenaleo(f): 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hey guys
I got a friend who woke up this morning to tell me he killed someone in his dream, he said there was a struggle between him and the guy and it was like if he didn't kill the guy, the guy would kill him, so he killed.
I don't like looking at things from a spiritual point but this one get as e be. What do you guys think?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 13, 2014
Justeenaleo: Hey guys
I got a friend who woke up this morning to tell me he killed someone in his dream, he said there was a struggle between him and the guy and it was like if he didn't kill the guy, the guy would kill him, so he killed.
I don't like looking at things from a spiritual point but this one get as e be. What do you guys think?

Personally I don't take dreams seriously, especially one from me. There was a time I dreamt that I was killed by an unknown assailant. 15yrs plus and counting, I am still alive.

Dreams can be one way God and some other spirits communicate with us but this communication is fairly rare.

Most often dreams are a reconstruction by our subconscious of things experienced during the day. When one dreams the approach should be to pray and let it go.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 1:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
Rich4god: Morning friends... @jnrbayano, where is woky, being long I heard frm him. lost his contct with me...
Football wise, I pray that both Man City and Chelsea lose/draw, esp Chelsea... Dont want them to be unbeaten after 4 matches...
Wonderful weekend to you all...

Woky is doing very okay.

PM me lemme give you his number.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Justeenaleo(f): 6:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
striktlymi:

Personally I don't take dreams seriously, especially one from me. There was a time I dreamt that I was killed by an unknown assailant. 15yrs plus and counting, I am still alive.

Dreams can be one way God and some other spirits communicate with us but this communication is fairly rare.

Most often dreams are a reconstruction by our subconscious of things experienced during the day. When one dreams the approach should be to pray and let it go.
Thanks, I appreciate.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 3:23am On Sep 14, 2014
Justeenaleo: Hey guys
First of all, ask him what kinda film he watched, or what was he thinking about before he slept... Sometimes, our brain just act on what was on our mind before going to bed and we end up dreaming about it...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Justeenaleo(f): 4:28am On Sep 14, 2014
Rich4god: First of all, ask him what kinda film he watched, or what was he thinking about before he slept... Sometimes, our brain just act on what was on our mind before going to bed and we end up dreaming about it...
That was the first thing I asked him, he said he thought of nothing before he slept except for the exams he had the following day.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by IFY124(f): 11:12am On Sep 14, 2014
Happy Sunday and feast of exaltation of the cross friends. I wish you all a lovely week ahead
Re: A Thread For Catholics by wonda26(m): 11:37am On Sep 14, 2014
Happy Sunday, great people of God.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by titoetal(m): 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
IFY124: Happy Sunday and feast of exaltation of the cross friends. I wish you all a lovely week ahead

wonda26: Happy Sunday, great people of God.

Happy many returns dear sister and bros. Also to all members of the family and visitors, wishing you a gracious week.

May the feast of the Triumph of the Cross grant us the grace to live a life of Sacrifice in our communities and may we Triumph over any injury, hurt, injustice and hardship caused by others thro Christ's grace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.