Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (519666 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 10:56am On Sep 18, 2014
Syncan:

I greet una too. Rich4God, how is Salc? Jnrbayano, how is woky? Kamsified I greet you too, hope PopeII is ok. Mr.Aladin how your bros na? Una well done.
I greet you back sir, how you doing ?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 5:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
Kamsified:

Wonderful news!!!!!!!
I rejoice with you dearie. Congrats a million times

two million Thanks dearie. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ubenedictus: hehehe...

I thought it is impossible to detach ones "baca"?

I give up! grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 6:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
damerry:

I give up! grin
yeah i win!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
Greetings to everyone... Kiddablingz and francistony missing in action....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
Rich4god: Greetings to everyone... Kiddablingz and francistony missing in action....

Nah. He's waiting to share his goodnews like Damerry. cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:02pm On Sep 18, 2014
FrancisTony:

Nah. He's waiting to share his goodnews like Damerry. cheesy
Ok... Good to hear that. Am realy missing his troubles... Btw, how are you doing...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
Rich4god: Ok... Good to hear that. Am realy missing his troubles... Btw, how are you doing...

Hmm. Am I troublesome?

Salc went on sabbatical leave.

BTW, our thread isn't as lively as it was before Nairaland crashed.

How am I? I am good Sire. cool
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
FrancisTony:

Hmm. Am I troublesome?

Salc went on sabbatical leave.

BTW, our thread isn't as lively as it was before Nairaland crashed.

How am I? I am good Sire. cool
Not you, but kiddablingz... Salc see will be back soon. I guess peeps are busy these days, but am sure, with time this thread will be active again.... Good to knw you are doing great...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
Rich4god: Not you, but kiddablingz... Salc see will be back soon. I guess peeps are busy these days, but am sure, with time this thread will be active again.... Good to knw you are doing great...

Yeap. If I dream is fufilled like Damerry own, cool I'd give NL a break.

You are married? smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
FrancisTony:

You are married? smiley
lol... The age difference between me and you isnt that much... *But no let my zing catch you for that question wey you ask me*... I believe that your dream will be fufilled at the right time... Just keep up the faith and do the right thing...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
Viewing Payshence with my night vision... Peeping is not allowed... Only comment/greetings...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 18, 2014
Of course you need to take a break and think of how miserable your life have become since the day you laughed and mocked the 'dieing' children of Biafra as you best described it. You succeeded in showing how much of a pretender and heartless tribalist you really are. The other side of you that was been covered up with your 'acting' on this catholic thread.
Most people on this forum think I'm a tribalist but I am not because I don't always start the fight but defend. Now I know better,I cant change some people's perception with mere words but positive actions. Besides, as a lecturer,I am too busy these days.
All the while you were pretending to be a practising catholic in real life and on nl but you are just a beast!you can't be like Damerry,Sal C nor the catholics on this thread who inspire me daily and urge me to practise the faith I sometimes find myself backsliding in.

If only you know or will take your time to read about the war,you will respect the Igbos for forgiving so easily,moving on quickly and not holding on to the past. That's Christianity in action.
Stop posting inspiring comments here which you copy and paste but don't practise before I lose my faith.
I hate you and spit on you!

Apologies to you my brothers and sisters who may feel disappointed with this post but I wish I could copy and paste this pretender's comment from the thread I'm making reference to. Even modestdude tried to make him show remorse but he went on insulting everyone who gave him a thumbs down for that comment.
Yea he was just like you all I respect so much on this forum but now he stinks!! I hate pretenders cuz I'm a bloody sinner in need of God's mercy and I don't pretend about it.

Good night y'all I have an 8am class.
Congrats Damerry but I wish you were in my school so I'll baptise you with carryovers lol...just kidding...
Looking forward to your 1st class result smiley

FrancisTony:

You are married? smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 12:04am On Sep 19, 2014
peppyluv02: Of course you need to take a break and think of how miserable your life have become since the day you laughed and mocked the 'dieing' children of Biafra as you best described it. You succeeded in showing how much of a pretender and heartless tribalist you really are. The other side of you that was been covered up with your 'acting' on this catholic thread.
Most people on this forum think I'm a tribalist but I am not because I don't always start the fight but defend. Now I know better,I cant change some people's perception with mere words but positive actions. Besides, as a lecturer,I am too busy these days.
All the while you were pretending to be a practising catholic in real life and on nl but you are just a beast!you can't be like Damerry,Sal C nor the catholics on this thread who inspire me daily and urge me to practise the faith I sometimes find myself backsliding in.

If only you know or will take your time to read about the war,you will respect the Igbos for forgiving so easily,moving on quickly and not holding on to the past.

Easy dear. What's the matter?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 19, 2014
Please peppy, do edit . Just show some respect for the thread and what it signifies. I feel your hurt, some of us also peep in here to learn.

The hate spit thingy....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 19, 2014
No, I won't do that and I sincerely apologise.
I purposely came here to expose the pretender. Yes, FrancisTony is a pretender. He is even worse than me he called a tribalist. Making fun of children who died of starvation during the war! That's wickedness and if I catch him in real life,I will break him into two!
Jnrbayano,sorry bro...just doing what I know best.

Step2002: ^^^ Please peppy, do edit. Just show some respect for the thread and what it signifies. I feel your hurt, some of us also peep in here to learn.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 19, 2014
peppyluv02: No, I won't do that and I sincerely apologise.
I purposely came here to expose the pretender. Yes, FrancisTony is a pretender. He is even worse than me he called a tribalist. Making fun of children who died of starvation during the war! That's wickedness and if I catch him in real life,I will break him into two!
Jnrbayano,sorry bro...just doing what I know best.

Just that part about hate.if the igbos forgave, why will you hate?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 1:02am On Sep 19, 2014
Sis I understand you but I was really disappointed by FrancisTony,didn't expect such hateful comment from him and on a thread everyone was having fun and sharing old memories,he came in with mockery and got the tribalists hitting him with likes and praises even thou people like modestdude told him to edit the comment,that he was disappointed because he sees him as a tabernacle of Christ, he still didn't show remorse and went ahead exchanging words with anyone who didn't support him.
Sincerely if people like italo had made such a comment,I would have given up on catholics here cuz that will show we are all pretenders. Not saying practising catholics are saints but trust me I know what it is to be a catholic. I come from a staunch catholic home and surrounded with people I call living saints.

I am the only girl in the midst of four boys,my immediate younger brother will be leaving for the US soon to join the Claretian Brothers,he wants to be a Priest. My elder brother is a stauch legionnary(madonna students will know him),the last is the president of alter servers in his school. These three boys amaze me and they wear scapulars,their way of life will tell you they are not pretenders. Or,is it my parents??I guess its me and the 2nd to last that are not holy (lol).

I know I'm strugglng with my faith and most times I visit this thread to strengthen it. All of you here inspire me not just because of your posts but attitude.
I don't see you guys engaging in any form of lewid discussions on this forum especially the brothers nor political fights like me (lol) but that I am gradually giving up as a step towards the journey to regaining my lost faith even thou they try to drag me in,I simply ignore because the truth is that the hate 90% of those tribalists show on nl is what they do in real life and that's really bad and will only make one a saddist.
Anyway pouring out my grieveances just made me forgive him and I hope he forgives me too for insulting his parents after he made that comment.

Thanks to you too. Good night dear.

Step2002:

Just that part about hate.if the igbos forgave, why will you hate?

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 4:11am On Sep 19, 2014
peppyluv02: Sis I understand you but I was really disappointed by FrancisTony,didn't expect such hateful comment from him and on a thread everyone was having fun and sharing old memories,he came in with mockery and got the tribalists hitting him with likes and praises even thou people like modestdude told him to edit the comment,that he was disappointed because he sees him as a tabernacle of Christ, he still didn't show remorse and went ahead exchanging words with anyone who didn't support him.
Sincerely if people like italo had made such a comment,I would have given up on catholics here cuz that will show we are all pretenders. Not saying practising catholics are saints but trust me I know what it is to be a catholic. I come from a staunch catholic home and surrounded with people I call living saints.

I am the only girl in the midst of four boys,my immediate younger brother will be leaving for the US soon to join the Claretian Brothers,he wants to be a Priest. My elder brother is a stauch legionnary(madonna students will know him),the last is the president of alter servers in his school. These three boys amaze me and they wear scapulars,their way of life will tell you they are not pretenders. Or,is it my parents??I guess its me and the 2nd to last that are not holy (lol).

I know I'm strugglng with my faith and most times I visit this thread to strengthen it. All of you here inspire me not just because of your posts but attitude.
I don't see you guys engaging in any form of lewid discussions on this forum especially the brothers nor political fights like me (lol) but that I am gradually giving up as a step towards the journey to regaining my lost faith even thou they try to drag me in,I simply ignore because the truth is that the hate 90% of those tribalists show on nl is what they do in real life and that's really bad and will only make one a saddist.
Anyway pouring out my grieveances just made me forgive him and I hope he forgives me too for insulting his parents after he made that comment.

We are all learning dear and mistakes are made in the process. It's only God who doesn't make mistakes and him only sees the heart.

We keep correcting, admonishing, encouraging and praying for ourselves, and that makes us a special group.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 5:07am On Sep 19, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1904238/throwback-remember-pic

That's the thread Peppyluv02, but its alright. Just let it go, we have done what we ought to do for a brother. We are charged to correct and admonish one another when any of of us is going astray. The beauty of the Church as the community of christ is to help each other on the road to salvation. Its not that we can't worship God in our various homes. So please, don't hate on him, we are all humans and make mistakes including me. Am open to gentle corrections if or whenever i misbehave. We only need God's grace to realize when we are wrong. So dear drop the bitterness at the feet of Christ. Others can refer to the thread and also admonish him
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 19, 2014
peppyluv02: Sis I understand you but I was really disappointed by FrancisTony,didn't expect such hateful comment from him and on a thread everyone was having fun and sharing old memories,he came in with mockery and got the tribalists hitting him with likes and praises even thou people like modestdude told him to edit the comment,that he was disappointed because he sees him as a tabernacle of Christ, he still didn't show remorse and went ahead exchanging words with anyone who didn't support him.

Thanks for speaking like this, I wish francis will let love in, and let us help one another.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 19, 2014
peppyluv02: [s]Of course you need to take a break and think of how miserable your life have become since the day you laughed and mocked the 'dieing' children of Biafra as you best described it. You succeeded in showing how much of a pretender and heartless tribalist you really are. The other side of you that was been covered up with your 'acting' on this catholic thread.

If only you know or will take your time to read about the war,you will respect the Igbos for forgiving so easily,moving on quickly and not holding on to the past. That's Christianity in action.
Stop posting inspiring comments here which you copy and paste but don't practise before I lose my faith.

Apologies to you my brothers and sisters who may feel disappointed with this post but I wish I could copy and paste this pretender's comment from the thread I'm making reference to. Even modestdude tried to make him show remorse but he went on insulting everyone who gave him a thumbs down for that comment.
Yea he was just like you all I respect so much on this forum but now he stinks!! I hate pretenders cuz I'm a bloody sinner in need of God's mercy and I don't pretend about it.

Congrats Damerry but I wish you were in my school so I'll baptise you with carryovers lol...just kidding...
Looking forward to your 1st class result smiley[/s]

Like I said, I never made a tribalist comment.

I am Igbo and I said what I noticed.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 7:30am On Sep 19, 2014
Peppyluv02 has raised a very serious issue that we all are faced with everyday in different sections of NL. How do we share our opinions on issues at the same time not compromise our faith. Because Nairaland is a faceless community, we are temped to say what we want with the belief that it can't be traced back to us. And sometimes those comments are definitely not compatible with the faith we profess.

Has francistony account been hijacked? That what it seems to me because the statements are just mean.

The current trend is for people to just get insulting purposely either to get noticed or to just derail the thread. Very disconcerting when you think you are having a normal conversation and the other person is just being rude and silly.

May God help us all to be good ambassadors

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 7:49am On Sep 19, 2014
"Father forgive them for they know not what they do."

Jesus has set the example 2000 years ago.

Pray for FrancisToni...then ignore what he said.

@Peppyluv02, please don't let the sins and hypocrisy of many Catholics affect your faith. The apostles dissapointed Jesus many times, but he never gave up on the Church. Even Peter was tribalistic and hypocritical at a point. He first discriminated against the gentiles, then he paid lip service when others discriminated against them.

...and that was the first Pope of the Catholic Church.

Truth is, we are all hypocrites at one time or the other. What matters is whether we are repentant when it comes to our notice or not.

Peter repented when Paul admonished him. The Pharisees did not repent when Jesus admonished them.

Sweetheart, you have a lot of fire in you... and fire can be wonderfully helpful or disastrous.

Don't let your fire lead to undue hatred for anyone. Hatred harms you physically and spiritually.

Let your fire make you stand firm with Jesus when everyone tells you to do otherwise, let your fire break out in cheerfulness...even when all around you is negative, in short let your fire push you to forgive and move ahead rather than stand still and hold a grudge.

God loves you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:05am On Sep 19, 2014
FrancisTony:

Like I said, I never made a tribalist comment.

I am Igbo and I said what I noticed.
Guy, you need to melow down... The edited part of that first comment you made on that thread is really uncalled for. No sensible Nigerian will (not to talk of some1 frm d east) make such comment. Its more like a disrespect to those kid that died during the war... In as much as NL is a place where we can say anything without any fear, we should atleast show some sense of responsibility in our commens. Left for me, it will be wise if you can just edit that your comment and remove the "edited" part....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 19, 2014
Rich4god: Guy, you need to melow down... The edited part of that first comment you made on that thread is really uncalled for. No sensible Nigerian will (not to talk of some1 frm d east) make such comment. Its more like a disrespect to those kid that died during the war... In as much as NL is a place where we can say anything without any fear, we should atleast show some sense of responsibility in our commens. Left for me, it will be wise if you can just edit that your comment and remove the "edited" part....

hmm. Okay nau
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:26am On Sep 19, 2014
In view of the upcoming feast of St Vincent de Paul, members of the society of St Vincent the Paul, the Vincentian families and the entire catholic families that are devoted to the saint world wide begins today, the novena to St Vincent the Paul, which will run through to the 27th of this month, the feast day. So, as a member of the society of st vincent de paul, I will try my best to through more light on the need for charity which is the virtue the saint is being known for. Other contribution will be welcomed... Cc Italo... Pardon my typos, na nokia 3310 i dey use...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 9:32am On Sep 19, 2014
I like grin grin grin

BRING IT ON!!!
I would like to see more examples of christian charity as it pertains to the world we find ourselves in today

Rich4god: In view of the upcoming feast of St Vincent de Paul, members of the society of St Vincent the Paul, the Vincentian families and the entire catholic families that are devoted to the saint world wide begins today, the novena to St Vincent the Paul, which will run through to the 27th of this month, the feast day. So, as a member of the society of st vincent de paul, I will try my best to through more light on the need for charity which is the virtue the saint is being known for. Other contribution will be welcomed... Cc Italo... Pardon my typos, na nokia 3310 i dey use...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:38am On Sep 19, 2014
Visit this site to view the biography and legacies of st vincent de paul. Couldnt copy it here cos of the device am using right now... www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=326 ... He is know as the patron saint of charity and charity organization under the church... He is the founder of the " Congregation of Mission", a male religious body whose main work is envagelization through the work of charity. Also, he together with a rev sr, formed the "daughters of charity"... A female religious body that helps the poor by providing education and other basic facilities. Some other charitable societies that were established years after his death, but under the church umbrella adopted him as their patron saint, there by coming together to form the Vincentian family. About 6 of them in number in Nigeria, these societies include; the congregation of mission, the daughters of charity, society of st vincent de paul, Confraternities of charity, Vincentian Marian Youth etc...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:51am On Sep 19, 2014
This is the simplest form of the novena prayer, which can be said with ease and matter of 2min... O Glorious Saint Vincent de Paul,
the mention of your name suggests a litany
of your virtues:
humility, zeal, mercy, self-sacrifice.
It also recalls your many foundations:
Works of Mercy, Congregations, Societies.
The Church gratefully remembers your
promotion of the priesthood.
Inspire all Charitable Workers,
especially those who minister,
to both the spiritually and the materially
poor.
O Lord, give us the grace that You
bestowed upon,
your servant St. Vincent de Paul,
to relinquish the temptation of material
things,
in our holy effort to minister to the poor.
Amen.
Our Father...
Hail Mary...
Glory Be...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:08am On Sep 19, 2014
Today's reflection/meditation
Deutronomy 15:7-11...

7 If there is among you anyone in need, a
member of your community in any of your
towns within the land that the Lord your
God is giving you, do not be hard-hearted or
tight-fisted toward your needy neighbor.8
You should rather open your hand, willingly
lending enough to meet the need, whatever
it may be.9 Be careful that you do not
entertain a mean thought, thinking, “The
seventh year, the year of remission, is near,”
and therefore view your needy neighbor
with hostility and give nothing; your
neighbor might cry to the Lord against you,
and you would incur guilt.10 Give liberally
and be ungrudging when you do so, for on
this account the Lord your God will bless you
in all your work and in all that you
undertake.11 Since there will never cease to
be some in need on the earth, I therefore
command you, “Open your hand to the poor
and needy neighbor in your land.”
How do you see your neighbours in need... Do you see them as some lazy folks who cant work to provide their need, as pest who prefer collecting from others than work for their own need or do you see them as the falling side of a weighing balance/beam in which you have to step on the other side to keep the balance straight and equal. Take a look at verse 11... God the Father said that " there will always be someone in need here on earth" in other words, no matter how hard some people might try, things might not go the way they want it, making them to rely on some people for help... Which is where you and I comes in... Reading further, God said "I therefore comman you to open you hand for the poor and the needy in your neighbourhood"... Did you get the point here... God said its a command which He is directly giving us. So it will be wise if we heed to that command very well. Now, verse 9 said that we shouldnt hold grudges against the poor in any way or make gist of them, cos when their cries gets to heaven.... We know the rest....
Prayer... We pray that God the Father will give us the grace not to overlook the poor ones among us and also give us the resource we require in helping the needy...

Remain blessed, for its in giving that we recieve...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 19, 2014
peppyluv02: Of course you need to take a break and think of how miserable your life have become since the day you laughed and mocked the 'dieing' children of Biafra as you best described it. You succeeded in showing how much of a pretender and heartless tribalist you really are. The other side of you that was been covered up with your 'acting' on this catholic thread.

Looking forward to your 1st class result smiley

So much hate....

That was my first impression which changed drastically to admiration. I am glad you did not edit your post. You are the third 'real person' I am noticing here.

You may have a thing against FrancisTony but he is one of those I consider real. Granted, he may have his flaws, just like the rest of us, but I do not think that should prevent him from being who he is.

Francis is just a lad who I think is getting to understand the nitty-gritty about life. The phase I think he is passing through right now may prevent him from being as charitable as you expect.

It's not easy but try to look beyond your first or/and second impression of Francis and I assure you that you would find one sweet and 'fragile' lad.

PS: Not cool to base your faith on the actions of others.

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.