Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,048 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517036 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
babestell:
how far? What do atheist do on friday evening?
Lol. I stay indoors, listen to music, play video games. Noy much. grin

U?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 20, 2014
Close your mouth before flies go in there tongue

FrankySnow: Ah shocked
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 20, 2014
peppyluv02: Close your mouth before flies go in there tongue

Lol. Oya make I close am. smiley

Good morning bro.

Sha you no vex say I quote you o.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 1:19am On Sep 20, 2014
Bro ke??
I resemble bro abi I write like bro?

And why will you think I'm angry with you for quoting me smiley

FrankySnow: Lol. Oya make I close am. smiley

Good morning bro.

Sha you no vex say I quote you o.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 1:27am On Sep 20, 2014
peppyluv02: Bro ke??
I resemble bro abi I write like bro?

And why will you think I'm angry with you for quoting me smiley

Omg........sorry I just saw the (f) in front of your moniker.

Didn't think you were angry tho. cool
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 3:55am On Sep 20, 2014
Day 2...
Reflection from Matt 14:15-21
15 When it was
evening, the disciples came to him and said,
“This is a deserted place, and the hour is
now late; send the crowds away so that
they may go into the villages and buy food
for themselves.”16 Jesus said to them,
“They need not go away; you give them
something to eat.”17 They replied, “We
have nothing here but five loaves and two
fish.”18 And he said, “Bring them here to
me.” 19 Then he ordered the crowds to sit
down on the grass. Taking the five loaves
and the two fish, he looked up to heaven,
and blessed and broke the loaves, and gave
them to the disciples, and the disciples gave
them to the crowds.20 And all ate and were
filled; and they took up what was left over of
the broken pieces, twelve baskets full.21
And those who ate were about five
thousand men, besides women and
children.
.Do it Yourself.
From the passage, we can see that the disciples knew that the crowd were hungry and knowing fully well that they cant provide for them, they tried to send them away... But Christ said... "Give them something to it"... Most time, we are quick to conclude that we cant afford to help someone due to the limited resource that we have or we try to point the needy to another direction to seek help instead of "doing it ourself".... The works of charity is not really about how much you give or what you were able to achieve... Even though its essential.... But its about the little "genuine" effort we make in trying to help someone. It didnt occur to the disciple to figure out a way to help the crowd for they know that they dont have what it takes to help them, but Christ who is master of all things used the little that they have to do wonders. In essence, we shouldnt try to shy away from the work of charity because we dont have much. We never can tell how far the little we offer could go in saving someone's life, we never can tell if the little we give may inspire someone who is watching us to come in and finished up the ones we couldnt do. Remember, Christ makes our little work to be perfect...
We pray that we may have the courage to give/help, not minding the little that we may have... Cos its in giving that we recieve...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 20, 2014
modestdude: Thanks dear. I understand some people have dead conscience and take pride in sin. God have mercy on them and on us all. I'm still here

@Bold: Amen!!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 20, 2014
Ubenedictus

Yesterday was a real life case of what I believe Relativism should be about. People see things from very different and unique perspective due to their socio-cultural exposure; which also affects their unique view of what is true and real.

I have seen a lot of arguments put forth by some 'Christian scholars' here on nairaland from both Catholics and protestants, postulating that absolute truth exists and is a given. From their viewpoint absolute truth is dependent on what God says it is.

The bold is where the argument of absolute truth falls apart in my opinion. Truth now becomes relative to God.

An aside:

I figured you are a Religious. I am 95% certain. Your thought process, the books you are interested in and your area of research proves it for me.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 9:52am On Sep 20, 2014
Goodmonin frnds. Been a while
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 10:07am On Sep 20, 2014
hurricaneChris: Goodmonin frnds. Been a while

Welcome back from hiatus Chris

smiley

How are you?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:17am On Sep 20, 2014
Rich4god: In view of the upcoming feast of St Vincent de Paul, members of the society of St Vincent the Paul, the Vincentian families and the entire catholic families that are devoted to the saint world wide begins today, the novena to St Vincent the Paul, which will run through to the 27th of this month, the feast day. So, as a member of the society of st vincent de paul, I will try my best to through more light on the need for charity which is the virtue the saint is being known for. Other contribution will be welcomed... Cc Italo... Pardon my tBiko daddy where r my people. Incase they travelled, daddy's bed here I comeypos, na nokia 3310 i dey use...

*Following*
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:20am On Sep 20, 2014
Rich4god: Today's reflection/meditation
Deutronomy 15:7-11...

7 If there is among you anyone in need, a
member of your community in any of your
towns within the land that the Lord your
God is giving you, do not be hard-hearted or
tight-fisted toward your needy neighbor.8
You should rather open your hand, willingly
lending enough to meet the need, whatever
it may be.9 Be careful that you do not
entertain a mean thought, thinking, “The
seventh year, the year of remission, is near,”
and therefore view your needy neighbor
with hostility and give nothing; your
neighbor might cry to the Lord against you,
and you would incur guilt.10 Give liberally
and be ungrudging when you do so, for on
this account the Lord your God will bless you
in all your work and in all that you
undertake.11 Since there will never cease to
be some in need on the earth, I therefore
command you, “Open your hand to the poor
and needy neighbor in your land.”
How do you see your neighbours in need... Do you see them as some lazy folks who cant work to provide their need, as pest who prefer collecting from others than work for their own need or do you see them as the falling side of a weighing balance/beam in which you have to step on the other side to keep the balance straight and equal. Take a look at verse 11... God the Father said that " there will always be someone in need here on earth" in other words, no matter how hard some people might try, things might not go the way they want it, making them to rely on some people for help... Which is where you and I comes in... Reading further, God said "I therefore comman you to open you hand for the poor and the needy in your neighbourhood"... Did you get the point here... God said its a command which He is directly giving us. So it will be wise if we heed to that command very well. Now, verse 9 said that we shouldnt hold grudges against the poor in any way or make gist of them, cos when their cries gets to heaven.... We know the rest....
Prayer... We pray that God the Father will give us the grace not to overlook the poor ones among us and also give us the resource we require in helping the needy...

Remain blessed, for its in giving that we recieve...
This is very inspiring bro. Remain blessed too
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:44am On Sep 20, 2014
@Rich4god thanks for sharing bro. The link you provided on life of St Vincent de Paul is very interesting. I never knew much about the saint. I just knew he had a kind heart towards the needy but no details whatsoever wink
Though I'm not as rich as Oprah yet cheesy but I realized that I'm not doing enough for the needy based on my current (though little)capacity embarassed

I have a question to ask you on charity (based on your teachings) but I'll wait till the novena is over before I ask. Thanks again dearest

*Continues following*
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:06am On Sep 20, 2014
Good morning everyone and have a wonderful day ahead.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:08am On Sep 20, 2014
hurricaneChris: Goodmonin frnds. Been a while

Good morning bro. Where u hide since?And where is the bread?

Welcome back dearie
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:32am On Sep 20, 2014
Kamsified:
Looking for Syncan, salc,vest, sis bluerange,woky, Debbie, try69,ify124,kiddablingz, Mr Aladin, titoetal, wonda26

To mention but a few
I greet you all
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 11:34am On Sep 20, 2014
Kamsified: Good morning everyone and have a wonderful day ahead.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Good morning to you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:40am On Sep 20, 2014
peppyluv02:
I apologise for derailing this beautiful thread, just felt we should be real and be truly who we claim to be.
Love you guys irrespective of tribe,race or colour and pls don't stop the good work.

Good morning sis
Apology accepted on behalf of pope II & council though I believe pope has a penance for you for derailing this thread. I'll communicate that to you tongue as soon as pope directs cool

We love you too dearie
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:42am On Sep 20, 2014
striktlymi: Ubenedictus

I figured you are a Religious. I am 95% certain.

Uncle Uben how do you plead? shocked

*spreads mat* cheesy

PS we only need a yes or no answer.
Thanks in advance. I greet you sir
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 11:59am On Sep 20, 2014
jnrbayano:

Welcome back from hiatus Chris

smiley

How are you?

Thanks boss.

I dey fine now.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:59am On Sep 20, 2014
babestell:
Why did a fine man like you not finish priesthood training? grin

modestdude:
On the priesthood issue, i didn't get the sign i fervently prayed for while in the seminary. I got contrary signs and dreams. So i bade the seminary walls farewell. My heart was convinced beyond doubt smiley
Babestell looking for trouble since 1994
Leave the guy shirt na cheesy

@ modestdude dont mind her joor, no be by force to be priest smiley Nice to meet you bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 12:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
jnrbayano:

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Good morning to you.
Yes dear I am. Faithful God doing what he knows how to do. Stay blessed sunshine
Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 12:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kamsified:

@ modestdude dont mind her joor, no be by force to be priest smiley Nice to meet you bro
Thanks Kamsi, nice to meet you too. Babestell is not a trouble maker o, Nerdy peeps don't make trouble smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by titoetal(m): 3:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kamsified:

To mention but a few
I greet you all

Hello Kamsified, I saw ur break light some days past. Wishing you a great weekend and a blessed celebration tomorrow.
Thanks dear.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
FrancisTony:

Yeap. If I dream is fufilled like Damerry own, cool I'd give NL a break.

I understand how u feel. Just Keep importunating. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 5:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
peppyluv02: Congrats Damerry but I wish you were in my school so I'll baptise you with carryovers lol...just kidding...
Looking forward to your 1st class result smiley

A thousand thanks miss smiley. Where do you lecture?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 8:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kamsified:

babe how far na?
All these nearly fada them. We need to know whats wrong na....we need more cute fine jot looking priests especially in mater....na so so baba fill everywhere
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
titoetal:

Hello Kamsified, I saw ur break light some days past. Wishing you a great weekend and a blessed celebration tomorrow.
Thanks dear.
I wish you the same dearie
You're welcome always

In a whisper *where did you see me? shocked smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
modestdude: Thanks Kamsi, nice to meet you too. Babestell is not a trouble maker o, Nerdy peeps don't make trouble smiley
Don't say I didn't warn you o grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
babestell:

babe how far na?
All these nearly fada them. We need to know whats wrong na....we need more cute fine jot looking priests especially in mater....na so so baba fill everywhere
Lol@nearly fada

Dem say they no see sign, make we believe them
On another note, no be only priest na, we equally need the fine guys on this side too cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 20, 2014
Well,its not the institution that will give you the certificate you need. I lecture in a college of education....

damerry:

A thousand thanks miss smiley. Where do you lecture?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 9:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kamsified:
Don't say I didn't warn you o grin
grin Thanks for watching my back.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.