Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (519869 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:02am On Oct 20, 2014
Ubenedictus:

i'll take 20th.

"Do not fear , for I have redeemed you ; I have
summoned you by name; you are mine ---Isaiah 43:1

Today we unite in prayer for you, may the Lord guard you Jealously and attend to your heart desires.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:07am On Oct 20, 2014
striktlymi:

Ambiguity has 'plagued' the Teachings of the Church right from the time of Christ. I am not sure why this should bother you now, if indeed your worry started recently.

Anyways, I am not worried in the very least. Christ will ALWAYS guide his Church. Anyone who preys on any ambiguous Teaching deliberately, will have Christ to contend with.

I am neither worried nor afraid.

my dear,

trust in Christ and his promise isn't an excuse to sit on our hands..., Christ was there when the armenian, ethopian...(the churches of st cyril)etc all broke out from the church in the 4/5th century, he was there when the eastern church broke out in the 11/14th century, christ was there when he protestant heresy broke out and we now have good christian who hold heresy to an almost lethal degree. The church was plagued with these.

As the saints say if at the end there is only one person on earth who hold and attempts to keep the catholic faith, he is the catholic church, he is the church built by christ on peter and on him the promise is made that gates of hell will never prevail.

I'm sure you can't see the point i'm makin, it is immoral to be ambigous when you can be clear, especially when the souls of people depend on it, kasper card, says he is looking for an "opening", if there is an opening in the document and many are reading into that opening then we will have many "catholics" who do not really hold the fullness of the catholic faith, there are already so many of such catholics already and if the trend continues we will have a seemingly growing church.

A good number of people will be "catholics" and care less what the church teaches. The church of can still maintain that promise with Just one person. The promise doesn't exactly insure will be always full, or always be relevant. With people searching for openings and picking and chosing which doctine is to be considered "ok". then will are all headed in the direction of a seemingly growing church.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:07am On Oct 20, 2014
SalC:
You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country. Deut 28:3

Today we are praying for Ubenedictus

May our prayers for you today find favour in the sight of God through Christ our Lord.

Good morning brethren and do have a blessed day ahead smiley

my prayer intention.

1. May God hold close to himself all who I hold dear.
2. Increase me in his grace and spritual fervor.
3. Grant me that which my heart seeks (special intention)
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:26am On Oct 20, 2014
Ubenedictus:

i think there was a case of an american politician who ask for an annulment i think his last name is kerry, i cant remember is 1st name. He said the marriage should be annulled because when he was taking his vows on his wedding day he "didn't mean them", in essence he said he planed to be unfaithful so the marriage should be annuled.

Those are usually the hardest cases to determine because it has to do with intention. The diocese annulled the marriage and the guys wife appealed the decision in the vatican, the vatican, scrapped the decision of the diocese and said that the guy is lieing, there is no proof that on his wedding day he planned to be unfaithful,

infidelity in marriae isn't cause for annulment unless the infidelity was preplanned before the wedding.
hmmm... @bolded... It will be difficult knowin if its preplanned or not...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by dragon2(m): 12:27pm On Oct 20, 2014
G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)
"Tolerance is the virtue of people who do not believe in anything."
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 1:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
Rich4god:
hmmm... @bolded... It will be difficult knowin if its preplanned or not...

yeah, those are the hardest cases.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 1:38pm On Oct 20, 2014
dragon2:
G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)
"Tolerance is the virtue of people who do not believe in anything."

you read Chesterton? You're a bit old school.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 4:26pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ubenedictus:

my prayer intention.

1. May God hold close to himself all who I hold dear.
2. Increase me in his grace and spritual fervor.
3. Grant me that which my heart seeks (special intention)
Noted
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 4:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
@Uben Is Ur Name Kenneth Usulor?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:08pm On Oct 20, 2014
^^^^grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
vest:

Ubenedictus this kweshion is for you cheesy grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:15pm On Oct 20, 2014
SalC:
^^^^grin grin cheesy cheesy

The laugh nearly choke me.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
vest:
interesting question... wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:22am On Oct 21, 2014
@Ubenedictus Per your requests, may The Lord grant those and many more blessings to you both now and always through Christ our Lord. Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:29am On Oct 21, 2014
vest:

Ubenedictus:
interesting question... wink

Just passing by smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:38am On Oct 21, 2014
Surely the Lord is my help, he is the one who sustains me . Ps 54:4

Today we are praying for Shizzle11

May all our prayers for you today find favour in the sight of God through Christ our Lord.

Good morning brethren and do have fulfilled day ahead smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by titoetal(m): 9:07am On Oct 21, 2014
Shizzle11, as we pray for you today, may the Lord show mercy on you always and grant your intentions to the glory of His name through Christ Jesus - Amen.

The Lord is your strength dear.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:56am On Oct 21, 2014
shizzle11:

Dear salC, 21st will do for me, thanks

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for
I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help
you, I will uphold you with my righteous right
hand----Isaiah 41:10

As you strive to do God's will, go with confidence today as we unite in prayers for you, He that we serve makes you majority.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
God bless you my people
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2014
KiddaBlingzz:
God bless you my people
*Make I go hide my lunch* been a while... Wia u run go...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2014
Rich4god:
*Make I go hide my lunch* been a while... Wia u run go...
*stylishly pretends not to see where he kept it*

yea...just been watching you in 5D
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 2:46am On Oct 22, 2014
Kamsified:

Just passing by smiley

smiley

where you dey go?

Before i forget, i wish to say a big thank you to all who prayed for me some day ago and those who simply wished me well.

May God bless you all.

Blessed paul vi pray for us.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 5:21am On Oct 22, 2014
Ubenedictus:

my dear,

trust in Christ and his promise isn't an excuse to sit on our hands..., Christ was there when the armenian, ethopian...(the churches of st cyril)etc all broke out from the church in the 4/5th century, he was there when the eastern church broke out in the 11/14th century, christ was there when he protestant heresy broke out and we now have good christian who hold heresy to an almost lethal degree. The church was plagued with these.

As the saints say if at the end there is only one person on earth who hold and attempts to keep the catholic faith, he is the catholic church, he is the church built by christ on peter and on him the promise is made that gates of hell will never prevail.

I'm sure you can't see the point i'm makin, it is immoral to be ambigous when you can be clear, especially when the souls of people depend on it, kasper card, says he is looking for an "opening", if there is an opening in the document and many are reading into that opening then we will have many "catholics" who do not really hold the fullness of the catholic faith, there are already so many of such catholics already and if the trend continues we will have a seemingly growing church.

A good number of people will be "catholics" and care less what the church teaches. The church of can still maintain that promise with Just one person. The promise doesn't exactly insure will be always full, or always be relevant. With people searching for openings and picking and chosing which doctine is to be considered "ok". then will are all headed in the direction of a seemingly growing church.

Hmmmm...

I am very sure people prayed at those times when those events took place, yet it did not stop those peeps from breaking away from the Church.

Was Christ amoral when he deliberately chose to be ambiguous in some of his comments, even though He could have as well laid it out straight on the table?

The Church too need to practice what it preaches. Charity in words is not left to the faithfuls alone. The Church also need to be charitable in words even when it opposes something.

That for me is not immoral!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by shizzle11(m): 5:27am On Oct 22, 2014
Thank you for the love and your prayers. God bless us all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 6:07am On Oct 22, 2014
I remember today is my day.

Please pray for my intentions:

1. That I avoid sin and do God's will and work always.

2. That my financial endeavours receive divine favour.

3. That The FEST turns out a resounding success in all ramifications.

4. That the Lord provides a good Catholic spouse for me.

5. That the Lord keeps me in his grace, love and mercy.

All, subject to his will.

Thanks. God bless you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:39am On Oct 22, 2014
Entrust your efforts to the LORD, and your plans will succeed. Prov 16:3

Today we are praying for Italo

May our prayers for you today find favour in the sight of God through Christ our Lord.

Good morning brethren and do have a blessed day ahead smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:41am On Oct 22, 2014
italo:

Thanks. God bless you.
Noted
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:15am On Oct 22, 2014
italo:

Thanks. God bless you.

Your intentions will soon understand how big our God is.

Psalm 46:10 "be still and know that I am God"
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:50am On Oct 22, 2014
italo:
Which day una go pray for me?

Good morning, friends.

Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations----Deuteronomy 7:9

As we come together in prayers for you, may you experience in leaps and bound the faithfulness of our God.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:35am On Oct 22, 2014
italo:

Thanks. God bless you.
So shall it be in Jesus name...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 11:35am On Oct 22, 2014
striktlymi:

Hmmmm...

I am very sure people prayed at those times when those events took place, yet it did not stop those peeps from breaking away from the Church.

Was Christ amoral when he deliberately chose to be ambiguous in some of his comments, even though He could have as well laid it out straight on the table?

The Church too need to practice what it preaches. Charity in words is not left to the faithfuls alone. The Church also need to be charitable in words even when it opposes something.

That for me is not immoral!

my dear, i have no problem with "charity in words" as you put it, you can be very charitable in words and be very clear. Interestingly i don't believe i know any ambigous statements from Christ. When he exercise his teaching office he did so clearly even when he wasn't understood.

Charity is never a pillar to hide unnecessary ambuguity.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by titoetal(m): 4:33pm On Oct 22, 2014
Dear Italo, may the Lord attend to all your heart desires according to His riches in glory through Christ Jesus - Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.