Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517769 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: Now a more interesting question. Wen was d catholic canon set?

I believe in 382 AD as the date. The synod of Rome.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2013
Syncan:

Dearest, the boy is just incorrigible, He quotes from a biased historian who is out to paint the church black no matter what. His manner of speech is appalling and he cares not about christian charity in his speech. I simply ignore him as he copies and pastes along. The only Input he makes in his posts seem to be the insulting contents. His posts are filled with twisted half truths, while he keeps shouting obscenities against Catholics. How do you deal with someone who has so much "info", and still remains an Anglican...with its infamous origin. It simply tells you the person is not honest, so Ignore. Or if you care, refute without caring about his comments.
unfortunately i can only refute an arguement that has a face, enigma says little truths and cloud them with lies, he doesn't discuss he just tells u he thinks you are a liar. I can make a discussion a conversation a dialogue, i dont know what to do with a monologue.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Enigma(m): 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2013
@Ubenedictus

I have deliberately stayed out of this thread out of respect -- to allow Roman Catholics to have their space.

You are now inviting insults to my person --- and thus you are inviting me to the thread. wink

Anyway, let me first give you a bonus: Honorius was condemned as a heretic by a Council and by other "popes". What is more, successive popes for several years had to declare in their 'Profession of Faith' that Honorius was a heretic before they could take office. wink

smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
Syncan:

I always believe in 382 AD as the date.
so what about the canons before 382ad?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Enigma(m): 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
Syncan:

Dearest, the boy is just incorrigible, He quotes from a biased historian who is out to paint the church black no matter what. His manner of speech is appalling and he cares not about christian charity in his speech. I simply ignore him as he copies and pastes along. The only Input he makes in his posts seem to be the insulting contents. His posts are filled with twisted half truths, while he keeps shouting obscenities against Catholics. How do you deal with someone who has so much "info", and still remains an Anglican...with its infamous origin. It simply tells you the person is not honest, so Ignore. Or if you care, refute without caring about his comments.

OK my crybaby takes the invitation of Ubenedictus to insult me (behind my back) in their enclave. Well I am not afraid of coming to the Roman Catholic enclave.

Meanwhile this is the same mumu dunce of a crybaby that I thoroughly schooled on his ignorance about his own Roman Catholic organisation's rubbish doctrine of papal "infallibility" ---- even with documents that the mumu supplied! wink

smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 5:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
E newest catholic in our midst welcome.
Enigma: @Ubenedictus

I have deliberately stayed out of this thread out of respect -- to allow Roman Catholics to have their space.

You are now inviting insults to my person --- and thus you are inviting me to the thread. wink

Anyway, let me first give you a bonus: Honorius was condemned as a heretic by a Council and by other "popes". What is more, successive popes for several years had to declare in their 'Profession of Faith' that Honorius was a heretic before they could take office. wink

smiley

i actually brought it up becos ur methods seem insincere at best and i really need a charitable way to deal with your monologues with half truths. Do u wish to discuss honorius? And to what end?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:42pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: so what about the canons before 382ad?

It has always been a process of getting a complete collection. There has been additions and subtractions, however, after the 382 AD works, there isn't any proof that something was added, or subtracted from it, with what we have now. It is said that Trent collection of Canon is a duplicate of 382AD. Except you have another info about this.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 5:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
Enigma:

OK my crybaby takes the invitation of Ubenedictus to insult me (behind my back) in their enclave. Well I am not afraid of coming to the Roman Catholic enclave.

Meanwhile this is the same mumu dunce of a crybaby that I thoroughly schooled on his ignorance about his own Roman Catholic organisation's rubbish doctrine of papal "infallibility" ---- even with documents that the mumu supplied! wink

smiley
wow d newest addition goes on an insultive rampage, how do we handle this uh?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: E newest catholic in our midst welcome. i actually brought it up becos ur methods seem insincere at best and i really need a charitable way to deal with your monologues with half truths. Do u wish to discuss honorius? And to what end?

Could the two of you kindly do that else where?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Enigma(m): 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: E newest catholic in our midst welcome.

Thank you, but you need to be clear on that! smiley I am not part of the Roman Catholic Church ---- only the catholic i.e. universal Church. wink

Ubenedictus: i actually brought it up becos ur methods seem insincere at best and i really need a charitable way to deal with your monologues with half truths.

You and your friends are dishonest and in any event historically Roman Catholic arguments have always been based on lies and fraud. wink

The problem of you and your friend is that in me you run into someone more than capable of both exposing and debunking Roman Catholic fraud and falsehoods! wink

Ubenedictus: Do u wish to discuss honorius? And to what end?

I do not wish to discuss anything. I post whatever I feel necessary whereever and whenever. smiley

cool
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:48pm On Nov 20, 2013
Enigma:

smiley

Hmm, proves me right again. Permit me to ignore you again.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Enigma(m): 5:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
OK, since I'm here grin

It is a LIE to claim that the Roman Catholics canonised the Bible in AD 382. Those making that claim on this thread are liars. wink

The claim is based on a forged document as we have shown on other threads.

Oh, if the Roman Catholics canonised the Bible in AD 382, why then were they still supposedly still doing it again in AD 393, between 397 and 419, in 1442 and certainly in 1546?

Why did Jerome not know about it and he said the Apocrypha was not part of the canon?

Why did "pope" Gregory I not know about it and he said the Apocrypha was not part of the canon?

Even on the eve of Trent why did "Cardinal" Cajetan not know about it and he said that the Apocrypha was not part of the canon?

grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Enigma(m): 5:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
Syncan:

Hmm, proves me right again. Permit me to ignore you again.

Crybaby kawai! grin

cool
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: syncan. Syncan syncan. How many times did i call you? U were playing fella with me abi? Who kill dele giwa na baba who come put gida na him know. Who cause d trouble na 'us' who come put ubenedict na him know abi.
Ahh you are even giving us a clearer view of whom the person is.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: Let me take a little diversion. What is d right way to deal with the guy called enigma. D guy don tire me small. E prefer to call me liar than discuss with me. Weytin una think?
Ignore him.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: he wasn't mute, he took a middle road. Instead of declaring with authority, he said be careful about both phrase. Who knows maybe posterity will say d same for poses like john 23.
Ok
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Enigma(m): 7:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
Looku andi laughu! grin

cool
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
Syncan:

Do understand that I am not giving you an answer with respect to Infallibility, since that will entail some other things coming into consideration. The Command of "feed my Sheep" carries a moral burden. A burden, that the good shepherd does not hesitate long in guiding the sheep on the right path. He has a mandate to show the way, remember what Christ said "I lost none of those you gave me.." John 18:9. That is Christ "submitting his report card", same will be demanded of each shepherd, so the more you delay, the more you lose. However, Will Power to follow Divine illumination is not always instantaneous due to human frailties, you can see that from Peter on the issue of circumcision in the Acts. Also careful and prayerful study is made and reaction time depends also on the complexities involved. If it is very clear what he is to do; and he does not do it, then comes the condemnation which could only come from a later authentic magisterium,(Not like Hypollitus)...another "us".... Outside this, God will be the Judge.
If actually I understood all the grammar up there, then am ok even with the "us"
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
Sal C: If actually I understood all the grammar up there, then am ok even with the "us"

hahaha, I am ok with "us" too o, abeg o
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 12:19am On Nov 21, 2013
Got banned by the spambot , I'm back .hope you guys are doing good . Kudos to Unbenedictus , Italo and Sal C for your interventions in the heretic threads that keep popping in this section. I could not comment, you guys did a very good work.

May God bless us all
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 3:04am On Nov 21, 2013
woky: gaskiya is much o..
. Whr Italo??

I kukuma dey o.

You no hear say war dey outside...

"Italo defend this..." "italo defend that..." "italo dont run" grin

Now wey dem don finally open thread without my name and we don dey answer them, na dem dey dodge italo queshuns now...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 4:04am On Nov 21, 2013
@ all, I went to the thread on Rosary Meditations to learn about Rosary Meditations.

After learning one or two things, I was appalled to go back there only to find out that one or two anti-Catholic had gone there to spew the same old rubbish. That thread becam nothing more than the usual anti-Catholic vs Catholic thread. I tried to stop it and refocus it on the Rosary but it was beyond my power. I tried a 2nd time by sharing 2 questions/concerns on the Rosary and its meditations, which Sal C attended to. Immediately after, i think it went to fight me I fight you thread.

Now every time I see it on my list of followed topics with "Boomark", I dont even go there. I just believe the argument is still going on.

Now where are Children of Mary supposed to learn about the Rosary if not threads like that.

This thread is in danger of turning into something like that.

Dont you see that the devil cannot rest and he continues to work against the Church?

*edited
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 4:34am On Nov 21, 2013
italo:

I kukuma dey o.

You no hear say war dey outside...

"Italo defend this..." "italo defend that..." "italo dont run" grin

Now wey dem don finally open thread without my name and we don dey answer them, na dem dey dodge italo queshuns now...
Lol

the reformer is always right about what's wrong. However, he's often wrong about what is right

Protestant will always protest..

Hw ur nyt jare??
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 4:37am On Nov 21, 2013
woky: Lol

the reformer is always right about what's wrong. However, he's often wrong about what is right

Protestant will always protest..

Hw ur nyt jare??

Fine fine. I like the bold. Hw r u?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 4:45am On Nov 21, 2013
italo:

Fine fine. I like the bold. Hw r u?
am fine..
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 5:09am On Nov 21, 2013
POPE II: Got banned by the spambot , I'm back .hope you guys are doing good . Kudos to Unbenedictus , Italo and Sal C for your interventions in the heretic threads that keep popping in this section. I could not comment, you guys did a very good work.

May God bless us all
welcm back.

U didnt reply my mail, why?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 5:13am On Nov 21, 2013
woky: welcm back.

U didnt reply my mail, why?
Thank you .
Sorry brother just did .
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 5:14am On Nov 21, 2013
I didn't check my mail that's why
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 5:23am On Nov 21, 2013
Is it against Catholic doctrine to report trespassers to the authorities?

Why do we allow people derail our threads when we can take them to the moderators (even though the mods too might have anti-Catholic bias)

If this organism came into Catechism class or a venue for Catholic meeting spewing his trash, would we not hand him over to security/Police?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 5:39am On Nov 21, 2013
italo: Is it against Catholic doctrine to report trespassers to the authorities?

Why do we allow people derail our threads when we can take them to the moderators (even though the mods too might have anti-Catholic bias)

If this organism came into Catechism class or a venue for Catholic meeting spewing his trash, would we not hand him over to security/Police?
lol grin

Enigma has already told d mods not to hide any of his post on dis thread..

@Italo
has any catholic ever moderate dis section b4??
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:37am On Nov 21, 2013
Good morning Brethren. May this day be highly favoured for us.

@italo I see up post up there but can't reply adequately now, my battery is running down, just ignore the unreasonble threads out there and reply the ones you can, Don't let anyone rope you into doing their bidding.

Am sorry about the meditation thread, I will do my best to ignore silly post there henceforth.
@Damerry pls take note of that too, let's bring back the sanity of that thread.

@ POPE11 welcome back.
@Woky, Syncan, Uben, Rich4god and all, do have a nice day ahead.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 6:45am On Nov 21, 2013
Sal C: Good morning Brethren. May this day be highly favoured for us.

@italo I see up post up there but can't reply adequately now, my battery is running down, just ignore the unreasonble threads out there and reply the ones you can, Don't let anyone rope you into doing their bidding.

Am sorry about the meditation thread, I will do my best to ignore silly post there henceforth.
@Damerry pls take note of that too, let's bring back the sanity of that thread.

@ POPE11 welcome back.
@Woky, Syncan, Uben, Rich4god and all, do have a nice day ahead.
tnkx and you too

e be lyk say una no dy pay nepa bill.. Lol
bring ya fone mak i helep u charge am.. #35 par bar

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.