Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (518422 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:47pm On Oct 26, 2014
Kamsified:

My queen I'm loyal than ever
How was your day sunshine?
My day was good safe for few accusations and counter accusations wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 11:48pm On Oct 26, 2014
SalC:
Maybe we need to build a parish in your family, not easy having two religious come from therein smiley
You have not gone to Mbaise where seeing 2/3 siblings in the religious life is nothing new!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
SalC:
Eiyaa sorry na
If we don't accuse you falsely, who will cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
bluerange:
lf you hear gists of vocation stories, your mouth will remain open! grin
Seriously I've heard few funny ones though
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 11:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
Kamsified:

Eiyaa sorry na
lol grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:53pm On Oct 26, 2014
bluerange:
You have not gone to Mbaise where seeing 2/3 siblings in the religious life is nothing new!
Ah those people really have a large number of religious
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
Kamsified:

Eiyaa sorry na
Don't worry on a good day I will fire my own bullet. I no fit shout grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 11:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
SalC:
Ah those people really have a large number of religious
There is joke amongst religious, that if you don't have a mbaise person in your congregation, una never start! grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:57pm On Oct 26, 2014
bluerange:
There is joke amongst religious, that if you don't have a mbaise person in your congregation, una never start! grin
Lol cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 12:01am On Oct 27, 2014
Goodnight Sisters, I've got to go now grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 12:05am On Oct 27, 2014
SalC:
Lol cheesy
l bumped into a Nigerian Priest last week, he is of the Missionary of St. Patrick and studying here in Nairobi. l decided to drop at the Vincentian Prayer house for evening Mass then l heard a Priest who was leading the Adoration even while we we were parking the car, l could smell his igbo accent! grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 12:06am On Oct 27, 2014
SalC:
Goodnight Sisters, I've got to go now grin
Goodnight and do have a fruitful week.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 12:24am On Oct 27, 2014
Jst Finish Watching Fr.George Enusani Preaching On Today's Gospel Massg On A.I.T Sation Am So Inspired!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 12:53am On Oct 27, 2014
Favourite saint is St Augustine...because he was a sinner who made a u turn. When I turn 30...I will do my own u turn like him
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:51am On Oct 27, 2014
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. John 15:16

Today we are praying for Syncan

May all our prayers for you today find favour in the sight of God through Christ our Lord.

Good morning brethren and do have aa fruitful day ahead smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:57am On Oct 27, 2014
babestell:
Favourite saint is St Augustine...because he was a sinner who made a u turn. When I turn 30...I will do my own u turn like him
Lol this your resolution though, are you kidding me cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 7:04am On Oct 27, 2014
Kamsified:
@salc I've fallen in love with st Vincent de Paul lately. Such a generous heart

When you enter a city, what catches your eyes is the beautiful skyline, lovely roads, nice looking people, money making opportunities etc...

What caught St. Vincent's eyes were the poorest often the poor. The dirty...the smelling...the helpless...the abandoned...the 'useless.' The ones who can offer you nothing in return.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 7:25am On Oct 27, 2014
I love St. JoseMaria Escriva, founder of Opus Dei.

I was his book, "The Way" that brought me to a deeper conversion, by teaching me how to live the faith in every aspect of daily life.

"You seek the company of friends who, with their conversation and affection, with their friendship, make the exile of this world more bearable for you. There is nothing wrong with that, although friends sometimes let you down.

But how is it you don't frequent daily with greater intensity the company, the conversation, of the great Friend, who never lets you down?"--The Way, 88.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 7:25am On Oct 27, 2014
SalC:
Lol this your resolution though, are you kidding me cheesy

No.
If he could then I can. I have faith
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 7:27am On Oct 27, 2014
italo:
I love St. JoseMaria Escriva, founder of Opus Dei.

I was his book, "The Way" that brought me to a deeper conversion, by teaching me how to live the faith in every aspect of daily life.

"You seek the company of friends who, with their conversation and affection, with their friendship, make the exile of this world more bearable for you. There is nothing wrong with that, although friends sometimes let you down.

But how is it you don't frequent daily with greater intensity the company, the conversation, of the great Friend, who never lets you down?"--The Way, 88.

Totally agree. The Way is awesome.....plenty of useful advice in it
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:29am On Oct 27, 2014
Syncan Olo lo olo,

Please be of good cheer, the lord knows you more than you know yourself.

And he will furnish you with his never ending blessings, abundant grace, longevity, spiritual and material supplies for all time.

I pray through Christ our lord.

Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:44am On Oct 27, 2014
Sante Joannes Baptista is my favourite Saint...because of what Our lord said below about him:

Matt 11:7-11 (NKJV)

7 As they departed, Jesus began to say to the multitudes concerning John: “What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?

8 But what did you go out to see? A man clothed in soft garments? Indeed, those who wear soft clothing are in kings’ houses.

9 But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I say to you, and more than a prophet.

10 For this is he of whom it is written: ‘Behold, I send My messenger before Your face, Who will prepare Your way before You.’

11 “Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 7:47am On Oct 27, 2014
Syncan...make Baba God bless you berekete, nyafu nyafu.

Na with him pikin name, Jesus, we use beg am.

Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:48am On Oct 27, 2014
I have a question please.

Matt 11:11 (NKJV)

“Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.”

I can't quite rap my head around the above verse.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 7:49am On Oct 27, 2014
babestell:

Totally agree. The Way is awesome.....plenty of useful advice in it

I miss you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:01am On Oct 27, 2014
@Syncan... My prayers for you is that God will grant you all your heart desires... Remain blessed...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 8:16am On Oct 27, 2014
Syncan, may God almighty on whose love and grace we rely, come to your aid during times of problems. Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 9:15am On Oct 27, 2014
striktlymi:

What do you call his use of parables?
most times his parables were to encourage clarity, he taught high stuff about the kingdom using images that were common to the people. Infact, he used parables so that he could be understood clearly by all who had goodwill.

What about his teaching that suggests a soft permission for divorce: 'in the case of fornication'?
that is your interpretation of that passage. I do not see it as even a permission for divorce.

A lot of examples abound that demonstrates the ambiguity of a number of teachings from Christ.

The Church is just following in the Master's footsteps.

I am of the opinion that the definitions the Church put forth with respect to her teachings are clear enough.

yeah, yeah, yeah, the churches position with respect to doctrines are most times clear enough. The mid term report of the synod certainly wasn't clear.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 9:20am On Oct 27, 2014
Syncan:

It's interesting how you make it look like that was always Peter's position. Meanwhile, What is the topic of the synod holding next year?

it wasn't always peter's position, anyone who read the book of act will see that he had a change in belief, by the time of the council he was ready to bear witness to the universality of the new covenant.

The ordinary synod will still be on the family, i think they touched the title a little, but some of the topics discussed in this past synod will be rediscussed in the next one.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 9:33am On Oct 27, 2014
striktlymi:

In my very proud opinion that cardinal is silly, a bloody racist and a disgrace to the Church.

he told the media he had the backing of the pope to spew his teaching...and to think that he was papabile after the death of johnpaul 2, i'm happy that there is an age limit for cardinals.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 9:35am On Oct 27, 2014
SalC:
Apart from our blessed mother, kindly drop the name of the saint you love the most, if you have non, you can drop the name of your patron Saint, this post will only be valid from now to 30th Oct. And please not more than one Saint, if you have many like I do, just name only one of them.

Thanks

this just means i no join, i no fit just pick only one saint.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 9:45am On Oct 27, 2014
SalC:
who dey accuse you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.