Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (519404 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by slimedge(m): 1:12pm On Nov 28, 2014
hurricaneChris:

Your are highly welcome.

But don't forget to settle the bouncers at the entrance.

Have a nice day!
...is this place a club? grin...tnx sha!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 1:58pm On Nov 28, 2014
babestell:
Best part of mass is "Go in peace to love and serve the Lord" Then the mad dash for the car park because these Mater parishioners are not gentle at all!!!

I Know. If you had said something else, I would have sworn it wasn't you. Yet you're there every morning. Smh.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 2:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
Rich4god:
Really feels bad seeing your loved ones crying.... But you cant do anything to help them or wipe away their tears....

I can sense what's happening around you, the lord is your strength. May God grant us the serenity to accept what we cannot change.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 3:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
Syncan:

I can sense what's happening around you, the lord is your strength. May God grant us the serenity to accept what we cannot change.
Amii o!

Richie, take heart.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 8:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
slimedge:
...is this place a club? grin...tnx sha!

Yes oo.
Holy one for that matter.

Please don't forget the boys at the gate.

*gives the bouncers holy cane incase this brother fails*

Good evening all
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:21am On Nov 29, 2014
Rich4god:
Really feels bad seeing your loved ones crying.... But you cant do anything to help them or wipe away their tears....
Pls hang in there dearest. May our lady, comforter of the afflicted intercede for you.

Biko dearie, this too shall pass
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:29am On Nov 29, 2014
CalabarBoi:
happy are those who have belived without seeing. for it was not flesh and blood that revealed it to them but my father in heaven
2verses in one embarassed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:33am On Nov 29, 2014
babestell:
Best part of mass is "Go in peace to love and serve the Lord" Then the mad dash for the car park because these Mater parishioners are not gentle at all!!!
Babestell Babestell how many times did I call u?
So fada says d bolded and u guys dash out to drag driving space . Chai
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 29, 2014
Kamsified:

2verses in one embarassed
lol. morning sweerie
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 9:17am On Nov 29, 2014
@sycan i rily ve learn alot abt this jesus God debate from u xpecialy that part you used an artise to xplain ur point may God enrich you more!

abt dat body,soul(this one more xpecialy) and spirit can you pls xplain dis three element of humans for me, thanks
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 9:29am On Nov 29, 2014
good morning ppl nd a happy week end
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:43am On Nov 29, 2014
Morning all... Have a blessed weekend...

Where is my zing... I never see my breakfast...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:25am On Nov 29, 2014
vest:
@sycan i rily ve learn alot abt this jesus God debate from u xpecialy that part you used an artise to xplain ur point may God enrich you more!

abt dat body,soul(this one more xpecialy) and spirit can you pls xplain dis three element of humans for me, thanks

Good morning bro, thanks for the encouragement. Always try to put an "n" before "c" in my moniker to make it "Syncan", else i will not get your mentions.

Body:When we talk of body, we talk about these things: corporeal, Material, matter, physical,
Spirit: Among various applications, Spirit could be used as:
(1) as signifying a living, intelligent, incorporeal being,
(2) as the active essence or breath which was supposed to be the universal vital force

From the catechism of the Catholic Church

362 The human person, created in the image of God, is a being at once corporeal and spiritual....Man is both physical and spiritual at same time

363 In Sacred Scripture the term "soul" often refers to human life or the entire human person.230 But "soul" also refers to the innermost aspect of man, that which is of greatest value in him,231 that by which he is most especially in God's image: "soul" signifies the spiritual principle in man...The soul may be defined as the ultimate internal principle by which we think, feel, and will, and by which our bodies are animated.

365 The unity of soul and body is so profound that one has to consider the soul to be the "form" of the body:234 i.e., it is because of its spiritual soul that the body made of matter becomes a living, human body; (though made up of) spirit and matter, in man, are not two natures united, but rather their union forms a single nature..... the bold is very important to note.

367 Sometimes the soul is distinguished from the spirit: St. Paul for instance prays that God may sanctify his people "wholly", with "spirit and soul and body" kept sound and blameless at the Lord's coming. The Church teaches that this distinction does not introduce a duality into the soul. "Spirit" signifies that from creation man is ordered to a supernatural end and that his soul can gratuitously be raised beyond all it deserves to communion with God.

You may visit the CCC for more. Man is made up of Body and Soul, the soul is the spiritual principle of man, even when it's said that man is made of body, soul and spirit; the spirit here only represents the supernatural life of grace, which makes the soul more and more what God wants it to be.

Good morning, and a splendid day to all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:37am On Nov 29, 2014
Kamsified:

interpreter who asked you? grin
You wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:41am On Nov 29, 2014
Kamsified:

striktlymi has been been difficult to spell na since 2000 cheesy
lol yea I deliberately used Kenneth Okonkwo cheesy
lwkm for the bolded. so do we take it that you have a husband hence you're not looking for him? shocked shocked or you're not married but not searching, after all it's the man's responsibility to find the wife proverbs 18:22 and not the other way round?

*spreads mat waitng for clarification* cool

cc Vest and Rich4god

It depends on the one you prefer grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:45am On Nov 29, 2014
vest:
been long since dat guy post here hope he is ok?
Yeah
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:46am On Nov 29, 2014
vest:
oya rich4god bring the sand fast! fast!! oh!

jst incase!
Lol
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 12:00pm On Nov 29, 2014
vest:
oya rich4god bring the sand fast! fast!! oh!

jst incase!
I get am for five tippers.... No escape...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 12:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
SalC:
Lol
Your sliminess is coming to an end... :p :p :-p
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 12:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
Rich4god:
Your sliminess is coming to an end... :p :p :-p
if I hear
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 4:38pm On Nov 29, 2014
Kamsified:

Babestell Babestell how many times did I call u?
So fada says d bolded and u guys dash out to drag driving space . Chai

Emmmm yes...but its true na
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 4:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
Question for the house

I heard a story of a some friends who are getting married today, however they are both AS. I know the 2 of them as staunch catholics, opus dei members etc and am really shocked that they would go ahead with it. Apparently they are believing that Our Lady will intercede for them, I think it's stupidity.

The girl has an SS sibling who died....and am confused why would she still go ahead or is it that I don't have her level of faith.
I believe God gave doctors the knowledge of SS to help save lives and when we have these knowledge and refuse to work with it, then we are being arrogant

Please what are your thoughts on this
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 7:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
@syncan tanks alot oh!

i
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 7:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
@syncan tanks alot oh!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:00pm On Nov 29, 2014
babestell:
Question for the house

I heard a story of a some friends who are getting married today, however they are both AS. I know the 2 of them as staunch catholics, opus dei members etc and am really shocked that they would go ahead with it. Apparently they are believing that Our Lady will intercede for them, I think it's stupidity.

The girl has an SS sibling who died....and am confused why would she still go ahead or is it that I don't have her level of faith.
I believe God gave doctors the knowledge of SS to help save lives and when we have these knowledge and refuse to work with it, then we are being arrogant

Hmm faith? What is faith? They may decide to call it faith but personally i won't support this. The scripture says "thou shall not put the Lord thy God to the test"

This is not just about them but about what will become of their children, so if they finally give birth to an SS child (God forbid) will they comfortably tell the child they deliberately took a decision that landed him in such pain and constant crisis because they have faith or are in love beyond separation?

I pray God see them through sha.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2014
Kamsified:

striktlymi has been been difficult to spell na since 2000 cheesy
lol yea I deliberately used Kenneth Okonkwo cheesy
lwkm for the bolded. so do we take it that you have a husband hence you're not looking for him? shocked shocked or you're not married but not searching, after all it's the man's responsibility to find the wife proverbs 18:22 and not the other way round?

*spreads mat waitng for clarification* cool

cc Vest and Rich4god

[size=50]Tenaciously!![/size]
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 10:32pm On Nov 29, 2014
babestell:
Question for the house

If you have never found yourself in such situation, dont judje just yet.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by btoks: 11:08am On Nov 30, 2014
Good morning all, happy Sunday.
Let's continue to pray for the reunion of the Catholic and Orthodox Church as Pope Francis meets with Patriarch Barthotholomew in Turkey,that they may once again be in communion as one church.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 11:53am On Nov 30, 2014
happy sunday all
Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 11:59am On Nov 30, 2014
Happy advent dear brothers Απϑ sisters

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 1:32pm On Nov 30, 2014
italo:

If you have never found yourself in such situation, dont judje just yet.

You got mail
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 1:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
Happy sunday brethren

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.