Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,314 members, 7,864,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:27 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (522418 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 24, 2013
Didn't know about this thread thou its because I only view front page.
Nice thread. Following.....
Woky I hope you had a safe trip?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2013
Adesua veronica: [color=#006600][/color]solemity of christ the king. indeed jesus is the king o the jews. today's mass was gret as uaual. prodly catholic
*Let me pay the debt i owe*

You are highly welcome to this Catholic home dear sis Vero. We are glad to to have you here so feel free to stop by often and the blessings of God will always remain with you.
Once again you are welcome.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:33pm On Nov 24, 2013
peppy luv: Didn't know about this thread thou its because I only view front page.

You are wholeheartedly welcome to this Catholic home dear Sister Peppy Luv. Your prayers, greetings, requests etc are always welcome here, so relax and be blessed by God.

On a gossip note*E don tey wey them dey find you for here, if i lie ask Woky.*
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2013
@Rich4God, am here o!
Sorry guys, ave been too lazy for the past week, the cold just makes me so sleepy

Unfortunately I wont be able to go for mass today, my sister says she cant and there is no public transport. angry I really hate missing sunday mass.
On a lighter note, holding a nigerian passport at immigration points in europe and usa makes u a target, thank God for middle east people who take most of the heat off us   grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 5:37pm On Nov 24, 2013
peppy luv: Didn't know about this thread thou its because I only view front page.

yes dear..
Whr have u bin since all dis while?? No call, no text etc etc

udo odikwa??
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 5:39pm On Nov 24, 2013
Sal C: You are wholeheartedly welcome to this Catholic home dear Sister Peppy Luv. Your prayers, greetings, requests etc are always welcome here, so relax and be blessed by God.

On a gossip note*E don tey wey them dey find you for here, if i lie ask Woky.*
wink amibor
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 8:02pm On Nov 24, 2013

Welcome sis
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:34pm On Nov 24, 2013
@enigma, i could go on the defensive and i'm certainly not scared to have all the my post on nairaland brought forward and examined piece by piece so my unsavoury acts may be revealed. I could also ask you to get off your high horse as your posts on catholicism are hardly charitable. Heck, i'll love to go thru so much story with you till we understand ourselves and loving tolerate each other even when we totally disagree. But this isn't the time or place for that discourse. Permit of to postpone this discussion. @all happy solemnity of christ the universal king. Enthrone him in your life and he will lift your past been a servant, he will make you a friend and then a brother, if he reigns in ur life then he shall cause you to reign with him. Peace to you all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
babestell: @Rich4God, am here o!
Sorry guys, ave been too lazy for the past week, the cold just makes me so sleepy

Unfortunately I wont be able to go for mass today, my sister says she cant and there is no public transport. angry I really hate missing sunday mass.
On a lighter note, holding a nigerian passport at immigration points in europe and usa makes u a target, thank God for middle east people who take most of the heat off us   grin
Awww... Thank God you are back, been missing you for like ten years now... What did you bring for me/us.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Enigma(m): 8:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
^^ My posts on Roman Catholicism are now not charitable because:

1. When in the past I was friendly to you and your fellow Roman Catholics, your side was not charitable to me.
2. There is a clear example above when I even stated clearly that I was consciously not being disrespectful to the Roman Catholic Church. Is that not "charity"? What did I get in return from your side?
3. Your side has for a long time not been charitable: were members of your team not referring to other people's Churches as "shops"? And you know that we are talking about established churches here!
4. Your side uses arguments that are based on untruths; some deliberate untruths and slander even. That is not charitable and you can expect what you get.
5. Did you or did you personally not see your side calling people names include such things as heretics, bastards, "organisms" etc etc etc? What have I called any of you that is as "uncharitable" as any of that?

Look this is the summary: respect begets respect! If your side shows respect and charity to others, I for one will show it respect. If your side maintains its current policy, as I once said in warning to you lot, let's get ready to rumbleeeeeeee! smiley

cool
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Enigma(m): 8:53pm On Nov 24, 2013
By the way, here is a friendly "hint" that I gave to one member of your side only today. wink

From https://www.nairaland.com/1529429/what-difference-between-sunday-service#19754269

Enigma: ^^ If Roman Catholics had good sense to explain their own position like above (rather than saying others do not have this, that or the other) many people will leave them alone and not bother to criticise them for what they believe --- even those who don't agree with them.

smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2013
babestell: @Rich4God, am here o!

Happy feast day sis.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:06pm On Nov 24, 2013
Rich4god: Awww... Thank God you are back, been missing you for like ten years now... What did you bring for me/us.
Happy feast day bro!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Enigma(m): 9:17pm On Nov 24, 2013
Oh, by the way, Christ is king indeed! smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 10:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
HAPPY feast Day of Christ the king. procession was hot, i took in alot of dust today, just pray i don't end up with coughs. we started our procession from an out-station catholic church which is a Sabbath day journey from the Parish, some people were asking, "hey, whats up?" i just smiled and replied, "we celebrating Christ kingship" the procession started with the Flags bearer at front, followed by the Cross bearer and a handful of mass servants, then communities and societies. The priests were flanked with knights, sacred heart societies, flower girls and a handful of security dudes. as we beat our path to the parish, there was occasional pauses, when the mass servants ran almost the length of the procession ringing bells, this is where we all knelt down for a moment, then jumped up all of a sudden with loud cries of Joys chanting "Jesus igwe"
i kept changing positions every now and den, from the charismatic group to the choir and to the boys brigade. we ended our precession @ d parish with benediction. It's indeed a blessed and memorable day. I pray we all live to celebrate lots more (Amen). Peace. I'll post pictures soon
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:22pm On Nov 24, 2013
damerry: HAPPY feast Day of Christ the king. procession was hot, i took in alot of dust today, just pray i don't end up with coughs. we started our procession from an out-station catholic church which is a Sabbath day journey from the Parish, some people were asking, "hey, whats up?" i just smiled and replied, "we celebrating Christ kingship" the procession started with the Flags bearer at front, followed by the Cross bearer and a handful of mass servants, then communities and societies. The priests were flanked with knights, sacred heart societies, flower girls and a handful of security dudes. as we beat our path to the parish, there was occasional pauses, when the mass servants ran almost the length of the procession ringing bells, this is where we all knelt down for a moment, then jumped up all of a sudden with loud cries of Joys chanting "Jesus igwe"
i kept changing positions every now and den, from the charismatic group to the choir and to the boys brigade. we ended our precession @ d parish with benediction. It's indeed a blessed and memorable day. I pray we all live to celebrate lots more (Amen). Peace. I'll post pictures soon
Happy feast day.
*waiting*

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 10:26pm On Nov 24, 2013
"humble dudes" (mass servants)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 10:29pm On Nov 24, 2013
Band boys smiley. the dust made the pix kinda blurred

Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 10:33pm On Nov 24, 2013
procession crowd. don't mind my 3mp camera. d dust and other factors conspired to make my captures bad wink

Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 10:35pm On Nov 24, 2013
This is where we kneel and pause for some moment b4 jumping up joyfully with loud cries "jesus igweee"

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:01pm On Nov 24, 2013
where is Mr Aladin... Being long i saw him on this thread... I hope all is well with him.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 11:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ends
with benediction.
from left to right, A security guy standing close to a knight salutes,
while the knight standing near the cross bearer makes a pose with his
sword. extreme right is the priest blessing the congregation. due to the
large turnout of crowds the benediction took place in the parish
compound.

Dis iz my bit. hope you're following us spiritually? grin

I look forward to next year's celebration. God's mercy till then. Goodnite

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 11:11pm On Nov 24, 2013
Damerry thanks for the pictures!! I hope everyone at their own processions. Corpus Christi procession was always fun for me growing up.
So apparently today is the last sunday in this Catholic Litulurgical year and the next sunday will be the first sunday of Advent, while we begin to look forward to the birth of the saviour of mankind. The whole cycle begins again. Me I had already started listening to Christmas songs since November started grin

@Rich4God, am not back yet o! I need to enjoy some more.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nomski0(f): 11:14pm On Nov 24, 2013
I wish i took pictures sad. I was too busy keeping the flowers girls safe from dehydration and full on "Shiny shiny"sad.

Thank God that we saw the end of a cycle. #Advent on point. cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 1:17am On Nov 25, 2013
Nomski0: I wish i took pictures sad. I was too busy keeping the flowers girls safe from dehydration and full on "Shiny shiny"sad.

welcome sis
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 1:18am On Nov 25, 2013
Thank you damerry, beautiful pictures

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 4:09am On Nov 25, 2013
Nomski0: I wish i took pictures sad. I was too busy keeping the flowers girls safe from dehydration and full on "Shiny shiny"sad.

My sister this work u did is very very pertinent for the glory of the kingdom of God. Imagine if one of those little angels had fainted. As a child I never got the chance to be a flower girl....over stubborness dey worry me then.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 6:38am On Nov 25, 2013
Rich4god: where is Mr Aladin... Being long i saw him on this thread... I hope all is well with him.
even Italo
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 6:43am On Nov 25, 2013
babestell: Damerry thanks for the pictures!! I hope everyone at their own processions. Corpus Christi procession was always fun for me growing up.
So apparently today is the last sunday in this Catholic Litulurgical year and the next sunday will be the first sunday of Advent, while we begin to look forward to the birth of the saviour of mankind. The whole cycle begins again. Me I had already started listening to Christmas songs since November started grin

@Rich4God, am not back yet o! I need to enjoy some more.
we dnt want to miss u again o
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 6:48am On Nov 25, 2013
@damerry, tnkx for the pix
@all, good morning.. On way to kano

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Richieboyn: 7:23am On Nov 25, 2013
UNA WELLDONE O!! RICH4GOD SO U LIVE IN ASABA? NICE ONE
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Richieboyn: 7:24am On Nov 25, 2013
UI kw dere is only one parish in Asaba, and that is Church of Assumption, Zappa. every other Catholic building is an out-station tongue LOL

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.