Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (518301 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 29, 2015
brocab:
I was answering to Ubenedictus, and you involved yourself as gossips do.. And all scriptures line up with the other, and because you don't understand them don't get angry, just ask..

And I will pray for you, that the Lord will open your heart and you will find the truth as I have found the truth in Christ.

Well I am not here to cause anger between us, but I have come to write the truth about Christ.
Read all what I have written, not just some..
I am saying you can't forgive sins without Christ-John 20: 21-23, He said to His disciples As the Father had sent Me I also send you, get out there and preach the gospel,
Those who believe in Jesus their sins is already forgiven, we don't need to ask any priests to forgive our sins, We already believe Jesus has forgiven our sins, the disciples believed and their sins are forgiven, so if you decide to come to Christ, your sins are forgiven too. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven, which to say you can't forgive sin without the Holy Spirit, in Jesus name...
And if my brother sins against me 7 to 70 times a day, and if he asks for forgiveness, I can forgive him, as Christ has forgiven me.

With the different practices, the Catholic Church follows after, one must ask are the priest saved,, are they born again Christians, are you saved?

First the New Testament does not teach that there are certain priest to hear ones confession in the new covenant. Instead the New Testament teaches that all believers are priest.
1 Peter 2:5-9 Describes believers as a Holy priesthood and a royal priesthood. Revelation 1:6 and 5:10 both shows believers as kings and priests.
In the Old Covenant the faithful had to approach God through the priests. In those days The priest were mediators between the people and God. The priest also offered up sacrifices to God on behalf of the people.
This is no-longer necessary, because Jesus paid the price, He sacrifice Himself, and by doing this, we can now approach God's throne with boldness {Hebrews 4:16}.
So you don't have to go to any priest and give your confessions no-more, you are a priest, and you can enter into God's throne room in heaven, as much as you like..

You talk too much but am not sure you even make sense to yourself. That simple passage kamsified just highlighted is what you are going round and round to confuse and convince yourself. Shame on you. You jumped into a thread meant for catholics and you're not a gossip, but when a catholic reacted to your post, the person became a gossip. Illiterate.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 12:53pm On Apr 29, 2015
jnrbayano:

Too brutal indeed bro. They simply wanted it more.

Old ladies all the way!! cheesy
Yes ooo!!!

five matches to spare and the Bluez jst need only six or five points to lift the trophy and C palace, Leicester or even Liverpool will gladly give them lots of points without much stress cheesy cheesy

The Rossoneri is far from the Scudetto; too bad for the Italian giant.. angry

Howdy smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by btoks: 4:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
brocab:
Seriously, why do you call me brother, by what is written in this page, it shows clearly' you don't seem to believe in word or in truth, let alone by their fruits you will know them.
When you pray go into your secret room and ask the Father in heaven, why you have so much dislike's against your brother brocab?

Tell the Father, you believe brocab should show more respect on this page, and that the truth of this matter, the word of God shouldn't be preached, amongst us Catholic believers, because the poster was meant to support a Catholic member only, not by some random Christian who calls himself one.
Tell the Father in Heaven you are confused on the word Catholic meaning universal-that all believers in Christ are the same.
Which points me in the right direction, as being a Christian myself I am sharing the word of God to my brothers and sisters in truth and word on this page.
Christians in Christ are the same, have you got any rejections btoks.
I am supporting someone in need, As Jesus tells me to do in word and truth...
Yes the word 'catholic' means universal. However, this was used to denote the true church established by Jesus from the heretical groups of the day. In our day, you will agree that there are more groups(over 30,000) claiming they know the truth so it is even more pertinent that the word catholic is used appropriately. We noticed that your doctrine is different from what the catholic church teaches and since you have not proven you are the true church establised all those centuries ago, how do we accept your version of events. You are aware that Jesus prayed the we all be one. Nevertheless, we are brothers and we'll keep praying for you.

As to your arguement about priests and confession, will you say the same about baptism or preaching the gospel? God bless.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 6:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
Good morning brethren.

How I wish everyone will adopt my style here at times to ignore people who are periodically sent in to distort the peace that this thread is trademark for.

Jesus Christ our master always gives peace whenever he arrives and leaves peace whenever he momentarily departs because he knows how important peace is to any gathering.

The devil hates that fact.

Do you remember this?

Cc:

Kamsified
Step2002
Re: A Thread For Catholics by stunningjudy(f): 7:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
Hello Fam, hope you all are doing good? I'm dropping a link for y'all to join the upcoming 54 days rosary novena on Facebook. It's starting on May 1st. https://www.facebook.com/events/808465995869413/

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 11:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
Since we are brothers, then why did you rebuke me? When or I was doing was reaching out to one lost believer, who couldn't understand, In Jesus's name you don't have to give your confessions to a priest, just ask the Lord today, tell Him your problems, ask for forgiveness, and as Jesus had promised He will forgive. Jesus save's your souls, not the priest.
We can argue about the true Church, and yes the Catholic's have a lot more history, but a unfair one at that, and it was the Catholic Church that kept the hidden secrets away from the people for centuries, using a language only few' not many could understand Latin.
From a Latin version of the bible, it was William Tyndale back in 1526 AD who had changed the Latin words into a English version, later" after the Catholic Church had arrested him he was burnt to the steak by the Church.

So now the word of God has been released from the imprisonment it was once in-thanks to a God given man such as William Tyndale who had risk his own life for the people, one man died for the nations, so now all man kind has the rights to know the secrets of the hidden bible, to be set free knowing the truth about God.
So you see' it don't matter who has the longest standing Church here on this planet, the point is, Quote-Jesus said one must be born again baptised in the Holy Spirit before entering into the kingdom of heaven.

btoks:
Yes the word 'catholic' means universal. However, this was used to denote the true church established by Jesus from the heretical groups of the day. In our day, you will agree that there are more groups(over 30,000) claiming they know the truth so it is even more pertinent that the word catholic is used appropriately. We noticed that your doctrine is different from what the catholic church teaches and since you have not proven you are the true church establised all those centuries ago, how do we accept your version of events. You are aware that Jesus prayed the we all be one. Nevertheless, we are brothers and we'll keep praying for you.

As to your arguement about priests and confession, will you say the same about baptism or preaching the gospel? God bless.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 1:08am On Apr 30, 2015
I need to rephrase that' I wrote Jesus did not give the disciples any authority to forgive sins, meaning to say without the Holy Spirit they have no authority to forgive sins. I ask for your forgiveness.
I find with some Catholic's they seem to say one sentence, but they don't finish any meaning of that sentence, you all seem to see the verse only written in black and white, {sounds like this-well it must be.} With us pentecostal's we look into the word deeper-{sounds} isn't enough we need to understand what the Lord is saying in word about any scripture.
Some Catholic's believe we twist the scriptures around to confuse others, it's not true, we are using God's word to the full. Myself I see a bigger picture.
I look into other scriptures matching John 20:19-23 and see what Jesus means by His statement.
The disciples had hidden themselves from the fear of the Jews, after Jesus death V' 20 When Jesus appeared to His disciples they were glad to see Him, Jesus said, peace be with you. V' 21 Jesus said as the Father has sent me I have also sent you. V' 22 And Jesus had said this He breathed on them and they received the Holy Spirit. V' 23 if you forgive sins of any they are forgiven them, and if you retain the sins of any they are retained."
It say's as it is-but as Jesus forgave me, "yes' I have the rights to forgive others who have sinned against me, like the disciples when they received the Holy Spirit. In Jesus name.
I don't need to find a priest to ask for my forgiveness-I myself can seek the Lord and ask Him direct, I am filled with the Holy Spirit, I am a believer in Christ, I am a born again Christian. If I wasn't filled with the Holy Spirit I couldn't forgive sins.

Jesus saves souls, Jesus forgives sins, He is my Lord and savour. Priest are only used for people who don't believe.
We as Christians who are part of the priesthood in Christ, only Jesus Is our high priest.
Seek Him today.
Step2002:

You talk too much but am not sure you even make sense to yourself. That simple passage kamsified just highlighted is what you are going round and round to confuse and convince yourself. Shame on you. You jumped into a thread meant for catholics and you're not a gossip, but when a catholic reacted to your post, the person became a gossip. Illiterate.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 5:22am On Apr 30, 2015
jnrbayano:

Do you remember this?

Cc:

Kamsified
Step2002

I am sorry big bros, just a moment please.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 5:35am On Apr 30, 2015
brocab:
I need to rephrase that' I wrote Jesus did not give the disciples any authority to forgive sins, meaning to say without the Holy Spirit they have no authority to forgive sins. I ask for your forgiveness.
I find with some Catholic's they seem to say one sentence, but they don't finish any meaning of that sentence, you all seem to see the verse only written in black and white, {sounds like this-well it must be.} With us pentecostal's we look into the word deeper-{sounds} isn't enough we need to understand what the Lord is saying in word about any scripture.
Some Catholic's believe we twist the scriptures around to confuse others, it's not true, we are using God's word to the full. Myself I see a bigger picture.
I look into other scriptures matching John 20:19-23 and see what Jesus means by His statement.
The disciples had hidden themselves from the fear of the Jews, after Jesus death V' 20 When Jesus appeared to His disciples they were glad to see Him, Jesus said, peace be with you. V' 21 Jesus said as the Father has sent me I have also sent you. V' 22 And Jesus had said this He breathed on them and they received the Holy Spirit. V' 23 if you forgive sins of any they are forgiven them, and if you retain the sins of any they are retained."
It say's as it is-but as Jesus forgave me, "yes' I have the rights to forgive others who have sinned against me, like the disciples when they received the Holy Spirit. In Jesus name.
I don't need to find a priest to ask for my forgiveness-I myself can seek the Lord and ask Him direct, I am filled with the Holy Spirit, I am a believer in Christ, I am a born again Christian. If I wasn't filled with the Holy Spirit I couldn't forgive sins.

Jesus saves souls, Jesus forgives sins, He is my Lord and savour. Priest are only used for people who don't believe.
We as Christians who are part of the priesthood in Christ, only Jesus Is our high priest.
Seek Him today.

Illiterate! Why ask me to forgive you when you can forgive yourself? So who will retain sin? The person Jesus did not forgive abi? Whose sin will be retained? You are born again so you can forgive sins of your deceived wife, or your non born again parents, which one? What level of education did you even receive? You think people coming here to read are fellow dumb skulls, You have been pokenosing all the while here, yet you're just empty, making so much noise. Be polite and learn, the bible did not fall from sky into your laps, the race has been run for over 2000yrs.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 7:25am On Apr 30, 2015
This brocab is actually a troll.

It's disgusting!

Someone doesn't want to care about what you're saying, you are trying so hard to force it their throats. Na wa o
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:47am On Apr 30, 2015
OUR LADY, MOTHER OF AFRICA: Acts 1:12-14, Jn 2:1-11. As we come to the end of this month, the Church invites us to celebrate the Feast of Our Lady, Mother of Africa. In the first reading, we noticed how the Apostles cannot begin their difficult missionary work before they received the Holy Spirit. Today, we are called to put ourselves in the hands of God and wait perseveringly in prayer at all time. We also noticed the presence of Mary, the Mother of Jesus in her decisive role during those days when the Apostles tried to reflect together on all they had seen and learned from Jesus, in order to clarify the message they had to give to the world. Mary, the only witness of the Annunciation and of the private life of Jesus, must have helped them perceive the mystery of His person and mission. Let us also implore her intercession to come to our aid as she did at the wedding Feast at Cana of today's Gospel. It was to Mary that the first miracle of Jesus became possible. When things became difficult at the marriage feast, Mary became so sensitive to their need and indeed Jesus appropriate the Motherhood of Mary. So, when Jesus refers to His mother as "Woman" He foreshadows Gen. 3:15. Here, His 'hour' has not yet come, because if the loving compulsion of His Mother, perform His first sign. It would come when He was dying in the cross, when He spontaneously gave His Mother a new role as the 'Mother' of all. Just as at Cana, today the presence of Jesus and Mary can make a happy wedding, His presence will make a delightful Africa. As celebrate this Feast and come to the end of this, may the abundance of grace that come from Jesus reach our land! Amen!! Good morning and Happy Feast day!!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:48am On Apr 30, 2015
Our Lady... Mama Africa... Pray for us.....

Good morning all...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 8:40am On Apr 30, 2015
Am I really bugging you all? No wonder you are called hurricaneChris, with a disgusting name like that, no-one's interested...And besides everyone who loves the Lord will always be interested..
hurricaneChris:
This brocab is actually a troll.

It's disgusting!

Someone doesn't want to care about what you're saying, you are trying so hard to force it their throats. Na wa o
Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 8:53am On Apr 30, 2015
You need pray-How wrong am I, and hears me thinking you maybe the one who had a bit of sense, sad, what a joke...Your just another dumb dumb who knows nothing about the word in truth of God..
Sad cool
What do they teach you? Everything other then the word of God.

Step2002:

Illiterate! Why ask me to forgive you when you can forgive yourself? So who will retain sin? The person Jesus did not forgive abi? Whose sin will be retained? You are born again so you can forgive sins of your deceived wife, or your non born again parents, which one? What level of education did you even receive? You think people coming here to read are fellow dumb skulls, You have been pokenosing all the while here, yet you're just empty, making so much noise. Be polite and learn, the bible did not fall from sky into your laps, the race has been run for over 2000yrs.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:57am On Apr 30, 2015
There is one in every thread....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 9:01am On Apr 30, 2015
And Step2002 and hurricane atheist are one the same, as yours..
Rich4god:
There is one in every thread....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:19am On Apr 30, 2015
Where is
Syncan
Ubenedictus
Italo
Peppyluv
Debbie and co...
Tomorrow, we dey start may devotion, make Una come give us modus operandi on how we go do our own for this thread....

Jnrbayano, syncan... Abeg mk Una call register..
Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 9:21am On Apr 30, 2015
Can I join up with you all?
Rich4god:
Where is
Syncan
Ubenedictus
Italo
Peppyluv
Debbie and co...
Tomorrow, we dey start may devotion, make Una come give us modus operandi on how we go do our own for this thread....

Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 9:43am On Apr 30, 2015
Rich4god:
Where is
Syncan
Ubenedictus
Italo
Peppyluv
Debbie and co...

Where is Kamsified? Isn't she with the attendance book?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:57am On Apr 30, 2015
hurricaneChris:

Where is Kamsified? Isn't she with the attendance book?
she fit return wen we don't plan finish... tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:57am On Apr 30, 2015
brocab:
Can I join up with you all?
undecided undecided undecided
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:04am On Apr 30, 2015
Rich4god:
Where is
Syncan
Ubenedictus
Italo
Peppyluv
Debbie and co...

Where is SalC when you need her?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:07am On Apr 30, 2015
Syncan:

Where is SalC when you need her?
I actually spoke with her on this matter... She is unavoidably absent... That's why I have to call on you guys..
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:11am On Apr 30, 2015
I was thinking maybe we can do it like that of the last October devotion... That's for each one to pick a date to be prayed for.... One on a second thought, due to our limited active number... We can share the date among us for one to deliver a sermon on a topic of his choice... And in this case, on may have to pick multiple dates to dp that cos of our number.... Just my thought...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:12am On Apr 30, 2015
My zing is here... I no longer see you at the carribean... You left me all alone... embarassed embarassed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 30, 2015
brocab:
You need pray-How wrong am I, and hears me thinking you maybe the one who had a bit of sense, sad, what a joke...Your just another dumb dumb who knows nothing about the word in truth of God..
Sad cool
What do they teach you? Everything other then the word of God.

You can't even make a comprehensible sentence, yet so puffed up in pride you cannot see how blind you are. Jesus gave the disciples a mandate with authority, you are here saying they cannot do it without the Holy Spirit, is it in your name that they have been doing it? That's what you get from half baked individuals or dropouts. Retrace your step mr. I pity that wife of yours you have deceived from her faith, what agony she now lives in.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:16am On Apr 30, 2015
Step2002:

You can't even make a comprehensible sentence, yet so puffed up in pride you cannot see how blind you are. Jesus gave the disciples a mandate with authority, you are here saying they cannot do it without the Holy Spirit, is it in your name that they have been doing it? That's what you get from half baked individuals or dropouts. Retrace your step mr. I pity that wife of yours you have deceived from her faith, what agony she now lives in.
Step... Abeg we dey planning and organizing mode and not argument... Plz, jsy let things be for now...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:36am On Apr 30, 2015
jnrbayano:

Do you remember this?

Cc:

Kamsified
Step2002
I am so sorry boss, I should've ignored him
Will do hence forth.
Sorry sweerie
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:40am On Apr 30, 2015
Rich4god:
My zing is here... I no longer see you at the carribean... You left me all alone... embarassed embarassed
Sorry na embarassed. I was having some password issues. I'm very sorry
Will prepare ur lunch soon,now that I'm home
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:43am On Apr 30, 2015
Rich4god:
Step... Abeg we dey planning and organizing mode and not argument... Plz, jsy let things be for now...

*Hands her the 'ignore' button*

Let's press it together sis. Jnrbayano is right
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 12:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
Kamsified:

Sorry na embarassed. I was having some password issues. I'm very sorry
Will prepare ur lunch soon,now that I'm home
I don go woky house go chop....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 1:13pm On Apr 30, 2015
Yes Jesus gave the disciples the authority after given them the Holy Spirit, and that's right anybody who honestly can say' either they come to repentance, or forgive those who sinned against them, works better having the Holy Spirit' who gives us strength, think of Jesus on the cross, filled with the Spirit, He couldn't possibly live those moments He suffered. Without the Spirit of God, could Jesus survive. Could He forgive.
Could you, you in the flesh, suffered as He did.

True forgiveness and true repentance comes only from God himself. And to have that' one must be filled with the Holy Spirit.
Any Atheist can say sorry and forgive, but without the lord's forgiveness, saying sorry and forgiving without believing in Christ won't get them to heaven...

How about the disciples, The first bishop of Rome "Peter was imprisoned, tortured and crucified in Rome under the Roman emperor Nero.
Can you forgive Nero for murdering your Pope Peter, crucifying him up side down, making a mockery, out of the Catholic Church.

Nero decapitated apostle Paul, it takes a lot of strength to overcome fear, near to happen. And Paul forgave them.
When I am walking through the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, it takes the Spirit of God, to give me those words.

John 20:21-23 clearly stated either Jesus had breathed on His disciples to receive the Holy Spirit, or he was letting them know it will soon happen on the day of pentecost. Acts 2.
He said in V'23 If you forgive the sins of any they are forgiven, and if you retain the sins of any they are retained.
Forgiveness is one of the key words of the Christian faith, without it, you wont see the kingdom of heaven.
Colossians 3:13, Bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do..
If I wasn't a believer in Christ, I couldn't speak about the word of God, let alone putting up with your bad mouths, you call yourselves Christians, and you pounce around, like, you are god, hypocrite I believe...
My wife has no say in this matter, but as smart as she is, she became a born again Christian, she had found the truth in Christ, how about your wife or husband, do you pity them too, do they follow after your faith-or do they have more sense following after the true faith in Christ.
That must be tarring your insides apart, knowing no-one close to you loves you. But it's ok, I am a Christian, and I love you as a Christian, same as Jesus loves you.
Step2002:

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.