Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,476 members, 7,954,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:54 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (527977 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:42am On May 18, 2016
Daily novena prayer. Day 18th

Today, the 18th day of May, we're praying for all the clergy in the Catholic Church .

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of all the clergy in the Catholic Church who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138
I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the angels I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame.
When I called, you answered me; you greatly emboldened me.
May all the kings of the earth praise you, Lord,when they hear what you have decreed.
May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great.
Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life.
You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.
The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands.

Special Psalm: Psalm 121

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:13am On May 19, 2016
Daily novena prayer. Day 19th

Today, the 19th day of May, we're praying for the less privileged in our society .

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of the less privileged in our society who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138
I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the angels I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame.
May all the kings of the earth praise you, Lord,when they hear what you have decreed.
Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.
You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.

The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:22am On May 19, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
i am back grin

You're welcome Nwokeoma
You may also want to pick a date for the novena

From 23rd to 28th is still available
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 19, 2016
Kamsified:

Someone already suggested 29th for Nigeria. I just forgot to update. He beat u to it by two days lol
U need to pick your own date for u

I still pick that same date for Nigeria.

Nigeria needs serious prayers.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:04am On May 20, 2016
Daily novena prayer. Day 20

Today, the 20th day of May, we're praying for Nickymezor.

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of Nickymezor who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:27am On May 20, 2016
Nice job my zing..
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:36am On May 20, 2016
deracathy:

I still pick that same date for Nigeria.

Nigeria needs serious prayers.
I see. You still never picked a date for u
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:37am On May 20, 2016
Rich4god:
Nice job my zing..

Thanks dearie
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 5:58am On May 21, 2016
Daily novena prayer. Day 21

Today, the 21st day of May, we're praying for Empredboy.

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of Empredboy who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Empredboy(m): 7:59am On May 21, 2016
Kamsified:
Daily novena prayer. Day 21

Today, the 21st day of May, we're praying for Empredboy.

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of Empredboy who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138

amen thanks sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:34am On May 22, 2016
Daily novena prayer. Day 22

Today, the 22nd day of May, we're praying for Lacum. - for job breakthrough

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of Lacum who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 8:58am On May 22, 2016
stunningjudy:
Beloved family, kindly pray for the repose of the soul of my sister, Uche Perpetua Uwakwe who passed on last night. Happy married life, italo .

May her soul rest in peace. My condolences to you and your family
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 9:00am On May 22, 2016
Happy Sunday to you all. May God be with us and bless us this week

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 12:26pm On May 22, 2016
My prayers are with you... Lacum...

Happy sunday everyone...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:36pm On May 22, 2016
babestell:
Happy Sunday to you all. May God be with us and bless us this week

Amen nne good to see you
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:37pm On May 22, 2016
Rich4god:
My prayers are with you... Lacum...

Happy sunday everyone...
same to u dear
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 4:53am On May 23, 2016
Daily novena prayer. Day 23

Today, the 23rd day of May, we're praying for the sick . - that The Lord will heal them to the glory of his name

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of the sick who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138

Special Psalm: Psalm 41

Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble.
The Lord will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies.
The Lord will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness.
I said, Lord, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.
Mine enemies speak evil of me, When shall he die, and his name perish?
And if he come to see me, he speaketh vanity: his heart gathereth iniquity to itself; when he goeth abroad, he telleth it.
All that hate me whisper together against me: against me do they devise my hurt.
An evil disease, say they, cleaveth fast unto him: and now that he lieth he shall rise up no more.
Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
But thou, O Lord, be merciful unto me, and raise me up, that I may requite them.
By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.
And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before thy face for ever.
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 6:12am On May 24, 2016
Daily novena prayer. Day 24

Today, the 24th day of May, we're praying for our brethren that couldn't join us in this novena for one reason or the other. - that The Lord shall meet them at the point of their needs

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of our brethren who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:25am On May 25, 2016
Daily novena prayer. Day 25

Today, the 25th day of May, we're praying for our parents.

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of our parents who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 25, 2016
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 6:11am On May 26, 2016
Daily novena prayer. Day 26

Today, the 26th day of May, we're praying for souls in purgatory.

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially souls in purgatory who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:57pm On May 26, 2016
My zing... Thanks for all the breakfast you've been giving me.. keep it up....

I also pray for my departed love ones.... may God welcome them into His kingdom.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:19am On May 27, 2016
Daily novena prayer. Day 27

Today, the 27th day of May, we're praying for our children, born and unborn.

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of our children who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:21am On May 27, 2016
Rich4god:
My zing... Thanks for all the breakfast you've been giving me.. keep it up....

I also pray for my departed love ones.... may God welcome them into His kingdom.
Ok dear thanks
We'll pray for them tomorrow then

How are you doing today? Where are u taking me for children's day celebration? sad
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:09pm On May 27, 2016
Kamsified:

Ok dear thanks

How are you doing today? Where are u taking me for children's day celebration? sad

We've prayed for them already na, that was 26th.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:47pm On May 27, 2016
Kamsified:

Ok dear thanks

Any where you want....
Just name it....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:50am On May 28, 2016
Syncan:

We've prayed for them already na, that was 26th.
I know. But then I felt it won't hurt anyway to pray for them everyday

Good morning bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:58am On May 28, 2016
Daily novena prayer. Day 28th

Today, the 28thday of May, we're praying for motherless babies.- that they may find favor with those under whose custody they are.

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of motherless babies who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:07am On May 28, 2016
Kamsified:

I know. But then I felt it won't hurt anyway to pray for them everyday

Good morning bro

Ok o. Good morning, a splendid day ahead to you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 6:37am On May 29, 2016
Daily novena prayer. Day 29th

Today, the 29th day of May, we're praying for Nigeria

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of Nigeria who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 9:58am On May 29, 2016
Am joining you all in prayers o! Just that I am not posting here. God answer and bless our efforts
Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 5:19pm On May 29, 2016
babestell:
Am joining you all in prayers o! Just that I am not posting here. God answer and bless our efforts
May Hod hear our prayers for our nation Nigeria.
Hello babestell...
Happy Sunday
Happy Corpus Christi

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (505) (Reply)

Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.