Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (519231 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 5:13am On Oct 16, 2018
Today's Rosary... The Sorrowful mysteries.

Reflection taken from today's Gospel.

Being a disciple of Christ is not about pretending to be holy. It is about really striving for holiness of life. It is not about pretending to be sinless. It is about struggling daily to overcome the power of sin in our lives. In the Gospel of today, Jesus teaches us by rebuking the Pharisees and the lawyers that holiness is neither a matter of pretension nor of external legalism. It is about love of God and love of neighbour from the depth of our hearts. There is in fact a danger that these two-pretension and external legalism-may become impediments to holiness.

Prayer point... At a time when there are Churches everywhere and yet, our Christianlife and values is far from being Christ-like. It then shows that a lot of Christiansare living a life of pretence. We pray today for God's grace upon our life, that we may leave a life of pure holiness and according to the teachings of the church.

Good morning dear friends

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 5:13am On Oct 16, 2018
Today is a special day of prayer for our dear sister Chikk

We pray for God's blessings protection and providence upon you (Chikk) and we equally pray that your heart desires which God alone can see will be granted on to you. Remain blessed.

Happy birthday chikk

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 5:26am On Oct 16, 2018
Chill - 16th

Rich4god - 18th

Salc - 23rd

Jnrbayano - 24th

Kamsy - 31th

The date is still open to everyone.... Pick yours....

Sorry for the break in transmission... Was having connectivity issues.

Wonderful day ahead.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:00am On Oct 17, 2018
chikk:

It'll be my birthday on the 16th and i'd like to be greedy with my petition. i ask for 4 things:

1: For the missionaries
2. For the poor and needy
3: For the soul of the faithful departed
4: For my sick father
o
Thanks everyone and have a lovely day/week ahead

Happy birthday sunshine.
As you add a new year to your age, I pray for new strength, new blessings, new favours, new grace.
And may the Lord touch your dad with his healing hands so he can sing a new song of joy to the glory of God's name. These and more I ask through Christ our Lord. Amen

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 4:50am On Oct 17, 2018
Today's Rosary... The glorious mysteries

Reflection taken from today's Gospel

Dissension is a consequence of enslavement by the senses. St Paul admonishes the Galatians, and indeed all of us, to allow the Spirit to guide us so that we do not become enslaved by our senses. St Ignatius of Antioch, whose memorial the church celebrates today, wrote about the need for harmony in the Church. Division comes when we do not live according to the Gospel but according to our preferences. This is true in the Church and in society. A place where individuals absolutize their preferences over and above the preferences of others is undergoing a civil war. But harmony is found in the city when there is harmony in the souls of its inhabitants, that is, when they allow the Spirit to liberate them from enslavement to the senses.

Prayer point.... We pray for unity among the Christians. That irrespective of our denomination, we should always try to actin one spirit.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 4:52am On Oct 17, 2018
Chill - 16th

Rich4god - 18th

Salc - 23rd

Jnrbayano - 24th

Kamsy - 31th

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:29am On Oct 17, 2018
Chikk I pray the good Lord to grant every of your prayer request and better things for you and your family.

Belated happy birthday to you. Wish you the very best.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 11:05am On Oct 17, 2018
Can i take 26th?

Good morning ndi nke Chineke.

Happy birthday Chikk
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2018
chikk:
Good morning everyone,

Thanks Rich4god for today's reflection. I remember in the past, during October/may devotions (a bi na lent?) we normally choose specific days with petitions and each person gets prayed for on their said days. I dont know what Rich4god is planning this time, but if this can still be done, kindly book me down for the 16th of this month.

It'll be my birthday on the 16th and i'd like to be greedy with my petition. i ask for 4 things:

1: For the missionaries
2. For the poor and needy
3: For the soul of the faithful departed
4: For my sick father

Thanks everyone and have a lovely day/week ahead

Though I'm late on the date, I join you in your prayers. May the good Lord grant your heart desires in accordance to His Holy will. Many happy years ahead.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 4:35am On Oct 18, 2018
Today's Rosary... The mysteries of light

“Take no purse with you, no haversack, no sandals.” On this feast of St Luke the Evangelist, the instructions given to the 72 by Jesus, speak to us about what preachers of the Gospel must let go. By virtue of our baptism, each of us is an evangelist. We do not all have access to the pulpit. But our evangelizing mission is carried out by witnessing. We are true evangelists if we make the values of the Gospel present wherever we find ourselves. But first, we must allow the seed of the Gospel to be sowed and nurtured in our own hearts.

Prayer point... May God give us the grace to be witness to the Gospelin our words and actions.

Morning friends

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 4:36am On Oct 18, 2018
Chill - 16th

Rich4god - 18th

Salc - 23rd

Jnrbayano - 24th

Hurricanechris - 26th

Kamsy - 31th

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 4:39am On Oct 18, 2018
Today is a special day of prayer for Rich4god.

May God forgive me my sins andgrant me my heart desires.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:00am On Oct 18, 2018
Rich4god:

May God forgive me my sins and grant me my heart desires.

Dear brother, I unite my prayers with yours today. May it be as you have prayed through Christ our Lord.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:39am On Oct 18, 2018
Rich4god may the Lord be pleased to grant your prayer and innermost heart desires through Christ our Lord.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2018
Kamsified:

Happy birthday sunshine.
As you add a new year to your age, I pray for new strength, new blessings, new favours, new grace.
And may the Lord touch your dad with his healing hands so he can sing a new song of joy to the glory of God's name. These and more I ask through Christ our Lord. Amen

Thank you dearie... i appreciate greatly... sunshine?? lol, only the craziest, albeit the sweetest ones call me that. You sure you want to be in that list?

Ehen nne, are you a Lay reader?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 2:00pm On Oct 18, 2018
SalC:
Chikk I pray the good Lord to grant every of your prayer request and better things for you and your family.

Belated happy birthday to you. Wish you the very best.

Amen sister. Thank you
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2018
Rich4god:
Today is a special day of prayer for our dear sister Chikk

We pray for God's blessings protection and providence upon you (Chikk) and we equally pray that your heart desires which God alone can see will be granted on to you. Remain blessed.

Happy birthday chikk

Amen and Thanks greatly.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2018
Syncan:

Though I'm late on the date, I join you in your prayers. May the good Lord grant your heart desires in accordance to His Holy will. Many happy years ahead.

hurricaneChris:
Can i take 26th?

Good morning ndi nke Chineke.

Happy birthday Chikk

Amen. Thank you my people.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 2:06pm On Oct 18, 2018
Rich4god:

May God look grant the wishes of your heart and make his grace sufficient in your life through Christ our Lord, Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
Rich4god:

Almighty God, we pray for your son, Rich4god,
May the words of his mouth n meditations of his heart be acceptable in your sight. I ask through Christ our Lord Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:45pm On Oct 18, 2018
chikk:

Thank you dearie... i appreciate greatly... sunshine?? lol, only the craziest, albeit the sweetest ones call me that. You sure you want to be in that list?

Ehen nne, are you a Lay reader?

I was a lay reader that year before stress begin rush us lipsrsealed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:59pm On Oct 19, 2018
Kamsified:

I was a lay reader that year before stress begin rush us lipsrsealed

This stress that is rushing you, I have antidote for it.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by btoks: 5:16am On Oct 21, 2018
Rich4god:
Chill - 16th

Rich4god - 18th

Salc - 23rd

Jnrbayano - 24th

Hurricanechris - 26th

Kamsy - 31th

I choose the 27th.
Greetings all, God bless.
Good to see this thread still going.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:24am On Oct 21, 2018
Happy n blessed new week brethren

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:26am On Oct 21, 2018
SalC:

This stress that is rushing you, I have antidote for it.

Lol give me biko. I'll take double dose if u don't mind

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:00am On Oct 21, 2018
Kamsified:

Lol give me biko. I'll take double dose if u don't mind
Double dose is over dose.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:01am On Oct 21, 2018
Happy Sunday brethren, wishing us all the best.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 5:37am On Oct 22, 2018
Today's Rosary... Joyful Mysteries

Pope St John Paul II referred everything to God. And that enabled him to teach us what the Gospel is teaching us today, namely that the human person is greater than what he possesses or desires to possess, greater than what he produces or what he consumes, because he has been created in the image and likeness of God. The human person is not a thing to be manipulated out a being to be related with. Pope St John Paul II teaches us that the destiny of the human person is not in earthly satisfaction. That explains the teaching of Christ in today’s Gospel that it is futile to store up treasure for oneself instead of becoming rich in the sight of God.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 5:39am On Oct 22, 2018
Chill - 16th

Rich4god - 18th

Salc - 23rd

Jnrbayano - 24th

Hurricanechris - 26th

Btoks - 27th

Kamsy - 31th

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.