Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,394 members, 7,958,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:19 AM

Tariff On Imported Tokunbo Cars Raised - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tariff On Imported Tokunbo Cars Raised (27209 Views)

New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 / Nigeria Begins Implementation Of 35% Levy On Imported New Vehicles / New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tariff On Imported Tokunbo Cars Raised by DECOtech(m): 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2013
Dreal1247: Dis is a welcomed development. Though the local producers av 2 be adequately financed to meet up with the local demand.
and also quality n style to suit various individual needs just as tokunbo cars have done in years past.
Re: Tariff On Imported Tokunbo Cars Raised by LBT: 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2013
I just don't know why those in government never think deep and analyse the outcome their policies! They are about to encourage serious embezzlement of government funds and private sector corruption by either increasing import duties or out rightly banning tokunbo cars because some sick heads would have to steal more money in. order to buy new cars, hereby creating more problem to an economy that's being mismanaged at the moment; the government should rather allow both to exist side by side so as not to create a cabal who operate and reap Nigerians off. Federal government are always reaping people of ; Multiple taxes, partial fuel subsidy removal, New plate number, new drivers licence, police are also trying to get theirs. What do Nigeria have to show for all the monies accrual to the federal government? This is just another way to reap nigerians off because they are going to bring in car companies they have personal interest in.

1 Like

Re: Tariff On Imported Tokunbo Cars Raised by bassette(m): 11:14pm On Oct 05, 2013
A-ZeD:

The kind of backward reasoning displayed by the FG is mind bogging.
How many cars are produced locally?
How many people can afford a brand new car?
I think the govt of this country is too much in a hurry to do things that they end up putting the wrong foot forward! Which local car manufacturing plant do we have in this nigeria?has any1 of recent sighted a nigerian made carI have observed that the way things are done in this our dear country is always in the reverse order.it is amazing!!!
Re: Tariff On Imported Tokunbo Cars Raised by addictiv(m): 12:17am On Oct 06, 2013
they want to boost the industry....why arent they patronizing these locally produced cars.....in other countries the govt uses its locally produced car brands but in Nigeria the same govt that buys Mercedes and range rover for its officals tells us to go and patronize locally produced vehicles...........i am very sure that the minister s or the president doesnt use a locally produced vehicle so why would i want to use it? they are leaders and should live by example...what stops the presidency from asking innoson to produce state of the art, luxury vehicles....for its official use...these people are all jokers
Re: Tariff On Imported Tokunbo Cars Raised by sparkleboy(m): 10:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
chidindufrank: Good move, I bought a tukunbo car in 2010 as I'm writing now the Jezzeble is still drying my pocket with its numerous problems. I better save and buy new car than tukunbo. Looking seriously for someone to sell this jalopy to.
maybe u purchased ur car without consulting those who are experts but the point is how many people can afford brand new cars and if locally produced will it be very durable?
Re: Tariff On Imported Tokunbo Cars Raised by adejide2: 6:13pm On Oct 28, 2013
A-ZeD:

Re: Tariff On Imported Tokunbo Cars Raised by adejide2: 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2013
A-ZeD:

. Good. Let us again asked how many production companies founded by govt are still alive today? Or how many of them can successfully sustained themselves? Remember nepa, nitel, peagout, nicon and vw where are they today? In fact if not because of enough availability of money to milk out in nnpc it would have gone patapata. Also they should have informed Odua to wait for nigeria made bulletproof car instead of squandered that big amount of money to buy from other country. Look I know president will not allow it because he still wants us to vote for him in 2015 full stop.
Re: Tariff On Imported Tokunbo Cars Raised by auhanson(m): 10:12pm On Oct 28, 2013
Make Benz kukuma come sign contract for naija na, abi? I'm not sure i go fit buy any other new car aside Benzoooooh
Re: Tariff On Imported Tokunbo Cars Raised by nduchucks: 1:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
It appears that the new tarrif has kicked in. Some clearing agents now ask for N1 million to N1.5 million to clear used cars which they used to clear for N700k.

I sorry for young up and coming dealers.
Re: Tariff On Imported Tokunbo Cars Raised by segzyndpep(m): 2:06am On Nov 27, 2013
Make dem sha no go dey make wetin go dey kill person,they have to think good before they start rubbish now because we too wise for niger,i am sure here will be shortcomings on this and it will be worse

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peugeot 508: The Beauty Nigerians Deserve. / A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith / 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.