Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso (2754 Views)

People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION / I Won't Condone Looting Of Resources, Says Buhari / I Won't Step Down For Buhari Says Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by bappahman: 11:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
Governor Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso of
Kano state has condemned the call for
a national conference, saying the
conference will be a Pandora’s Box
that will create disunity among the
Nigerians. During a media chat in
Hausa, that was broadcast live by
Radio Kano, Freedom Radio and
Rahma Radio in Kano, to mark the
53rd anniversary of the Nigeria’s
independence, Governor Kwankwaso
explained that the conference is not
only unconstitutional but also a waste
of time and resources.
He said that with the presence of the
National Assembly there is no need of
such a conference, as members of the
two chambers have the constitutional
mandate to deliberate on national
issues and take action accordingly. “In
my opinion the national conference is a
colossal waste of resources that ought
to be utilized to solve the socio-
economic problems clogging the
progress of our country”, governor
Kwankwaso said, adding that the
resources that will be wasted in
organizing the conference will be
channeled to improve other sectors. He
added that such conferences were held
during Obasanjo and Abacha regimes
and nothing happened after that
asserting that “anybody who thinks that
Nigeria will breakup is wasting his time
as the nation will remain one no matter
the pressure”.
On the current dilemma facing the
PDP, Governor Kwankwaso said the
crisis is associated with agitations for
good governance obtained in real
democracies, pointing out that the
meeting between two contending
factions of the party, slated for 7th
October, 2013, will be crucial. He said
that the G7 governors will attend the
meeting and they are ready to defend
their positions in whatever action they
take during the agreed cease fire
period, emphasizing that if consensus
was not reached, Nigerians should wait
and see what will happen. Speaking on
local government elections in Kano
state, Governor Kwankwaso assured
people of the state that government is
ready to hold the elections explaining
that plans are being worked out to
create good environment for credible
local government elections.
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by wazobia55: 11:44pm On Oct 04, 2013
fear don dey catch dem aby kwuakwaso, dont worry ur region will be given her share before we go our ways.

am the oga @ the top grin

1 Like

Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by bappahman: 11:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
Kwankwaso is right, hw do u select reps for the National jamboree
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by Pk001(m): 11:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
bappahman: Kwankwaso is right, hw do u select reps for the National jamboree

^^^ How is kwankwaso right? How do you select reps for the Sovereign National Conference or how were the past reps for such conferences selected?

Is fear that is just worrying Kwankwaso
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by DanAnyiam: 12:13am On Oct 05, 2013
SNC is colossal waste, while national assembly and senate isn't? Can he tell me how you waste money by talking? They are afraid of their shadow, afraid that the fictional states and LG they created since the dawn of 1970 as a means of stealing oil revenue that doesn't belong to them is at threat.
They're scared of re-structuring Nigeria, where possibly, everybody should hence manage what they can produce and what God has planted in their soil, instead of the normal monthly hand-out from the centre. They are scared of anything that will render the centre unattractive anymore.
Whether they like it or not, its either they come and sit and structure a Nigeria every signatory is happy with or they will end up with every man to his tent.

1 Like

Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 05, 2013
Gburugburu 1 of Igbo land! To ur blessed memory! Decenteralized the system and let's see how all these kangroo states will survive! A day of Reckoning is Not always good for the wicked! If not today, soon! Because we have seen it all!
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by IGBOSON1: 12:35am On Oct 05, 2013
I can't stand this man! His false sense of security, arrogance and condescending attitude is breathtaking!

He talks of favouring the national assembly over a sovereign national conference; is it the same national assembly that has been in place since 1999, that has only served as an avenue for the ruling elite to feather their nest?; is it the same national assembly that has served as a tool for the core north to protect the criminal gains and advantages they stole during the years of military rule?; is it the same national assembly that cannot pass a simple document like the PIB just because Kwakwanso and his brothers feel the oyel bearing communities will get more benefits from their God-given resource?; is it the same national assembly that can't give the South East an extra state to make 6, while Kwakwansos' zone greedily has 7?

Abeg make persin hia word!

1 Like

Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by IGBOSON1: 12:41am On Oct 05, 2013
And he brazenly goes on to brag that Nigeria cannot break no matter the pressure!

Even a pressure cooker needs an outlet to vent pent up steam......and if there's none, the entire pot will explode with life-threatening consequences!

3 Likes

Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by bappahman: 7:17am On Oct 05, 2013
Hmmm
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by Clerverly: 7:26am On Oct 05, 2013
No Sir, I disagree. We want to know why Kano State has 44 Local Government I.e almost the entire South East Combined?? This is where I would be focusing during the debate whether Jamboree or not, at least our consciousness would be reawaken once more that this country is a fraud.

4 Likes

Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by bappahman: 7:35am On Oct 05, 2013
Clerverly: No Sir, I disagree. We want to know why Kano State has 44 Local Government I.e almost the entire South East Combined?? This is where I would focus during the debate whether Jamboree or not, at least our consciousness would be reawaken once more that this country is a fraud.
Why can't your senators/reps ask or find out
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by Afam4eva(m): 7:42am On Oct 05, 2013
Fear is gradually setting in from the usual suspects.
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by Clerverly: 8:23am On Oct 05, 2013
bappahman:

You mean those clowns? They are just senatoring and representing their different bank accounts at the national assembly. Whether we can still afford to keep them would all be discussed in the debate.
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 05, 2013
Afam4eva: Fear is gradually setting in from the usual suspects.
I know wan talk for the fear of unknown.
You mod are badt
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by Iriruaga100(m): 8:28am On Oct 05, 2013
This man is afraid of SNC.
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 05, 2013
bappahman:
Injustice must stop in this country, we need either restoreturing or breakup
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by bappahman: 8:46am On Oct 05, 2013
Clerverly:

You mean those clowns? They are just senatoring and representing their different bank accounts at the national assembly. Whether we can still afford to keep them would all be discussed in the debate.
The issue is at the end of it the same corrupt, unworthy people will be representing ppl at he conference cos they hav the way and a bad system will never produce a good  out come...the entire system is corrupt nd shady
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by cashkidisback(m): 8:49am On Oct 05, 2013
for nig to cum together in a round table to discuss d way forward for d future generation,n dis aboki says is a waste of time n resources sad
luks lyk somepple ar afraid of loosing their free meal grin
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by abu12: 8:51am On Oct 05, 2013
Dead before arrival, noting good will come out from the national conference.
The north will dominate the conference with their representative
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by papparatzzi2013: 9:16am On Oct 05, 2013
abu12: Dead before arrival, noting good will come out from the national conference.

You are a joker.

You think is like other times. You think middle belt is north again.

We are going for Balkanization of the country or at least, strong regionalization. Let everybody answer his fathers name going forward. If you like pull out if the conference, we don't care.

Kwankwaso's attitude is an affront and condescending. He should do his worst after the conference. His worst cant be worse than boko haram again.Set of spoilt brats.

My advice to other ethnic group. Us, they should pulling there people away from north. Let them go on the path of Somalia and Afghanistan that they have chosen.

How on earth will someone be entering university with 99 has jamb score and someone in another region with 250scores will still be begging God.

If GEJ backs down, then I will know he is a toothless bulldog.

1 Like

Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by abu12: 9:35am On Oct 05, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

You are a joker.

You think is like other times. You think middle belt is north again.

We are going for Balkanization of the country or at least, strong regionalization. Let everybody answer his fathers name going forward. If you like pull out if the conference, we don't care.

Kwankwaso's attitude is an affront and condescending. He should do his worst after the conference. His worst cant be worse than boko haram again.Set of spoilt brats.

My advice to other ethnic group. Us, they should pulling there people away from north. Let them go on the path of Somalia and Afghanistan that they have chosen.

How on earth will someone be entering university with 99 has jamb score and someone in another region with 250scores will still be begging God.

If GEJ backs down, then I will know he is a toothless bulldog.

@bold just make ur self look like joker, u better come to terms with reality

@topic We should not deceives our self by saying we want to come on round table, to discuss. Notting meaning full will come out, it will end up as a big JAMBOREE.
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 05, 2013
of course National conference is a waste of time, money and aspiration. Anyone thinking that Nigeria would break up through a gentleman's round table discussion is on a very long thing. Jonathan is just trying to give politicians something to chew on and keep busy while he works on strengthening his 2015 strongholds. The only thing this National conference will achieve is the setting up of a barrage of committees. Mark my word!
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by jmoore(m): 9:39am On Oct 05, 2013
He is right. The common man will have no say in the national conference.

House of rep & Senate can achieve the same purpose.
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by tomakint: 9:43am On Oct 05, 2013
abu12: Dead before arrival, noting good will come out from the national conference.
Sorry to burst your bubble, I can tell you authoritatively that with this Conference and its aftermath, Northern Region (especially the Hausa/Fulani core North) dominance in our polity will be history! *Northern region is fallin down, fallin down, fallin down. Northern region is fallin down, my dear mallam* undecided get used to it no

4 Likes

Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by papparatzzi2013: 9:44am On Oct 05, 2013
jmoore: He is right. The common man will have no say in the national conference.

House of rep & Senate can achieve the same purpose.

Are you for real?

Tell us their achievement since inception.
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by papparatzzi2013: 9:48am On Oct 05, 2013
abu12:

@bold just make ur self look like joker, u better come to terms with reality

@topic We should not deceives our self by saying we want to come on round table, to discuss. Notting meaning full will come out, it will end up as a big JAMBOREE.

This is not a jamboree. This is for real. Lets us see it first before we will know that nothing will come out if it.

If the Hausas refused to come for the party , we careless.

Let it sink into your head, the game is up!!!
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 05, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

This is not a jamboree. This is for real. Lets us see it first before we will know that nothing will come out if it.

If the Hausas refused to come for the party , we careless.

Let it sink into your head, the game is up!!!

Quit getting unreasonably excited. Seriously, do you think that Nigeria can breakup through a round table discussion? Think with your head and not your heart please. The only thing this conference will achieve is the setting up of a barrage of committee that would require the use of our already strained Naira to Fund. Jonathan is merely seeking to cool down an already overheated polity.
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 05, 2013
@papparatzi2013, I agree wit u. These arrogant mallams will nt knw wot hit dem. D hausa/fulani strangle hold on dis country has come to an end.

1 Like

Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by papparatzzi2013: 10:08am On Oct 05, 2013
shachris03:

Quit getting unreasonably excited. Seriously, do you think that Nigeria can breakup through a round table discussion? Think with your head and not your heart please. The only thing this conference will achieve is the setting up of a barrage of committee that would require the use of our already strained Naira to Fund. Jonathan is merely seeking to cool down an already overheated polity.

Before u know how to respond to you, let me know your level of education and exposure.

I don't want to waste my time talking beyond your head.
Re: National Conference, Waste Of Time And Resources, Says Kwankwaso by teskyg: 10:09am On Oct 05, 2013
@ Abu12,start thinking with your Kunu Head on how to rear more Cattle and increase your Groundnut and Cotton production.Your free meal ticket is nob longer feasible.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Federal Character- A Curse Or Blessing? / Fraudster Called Trekker: The Analysis Of The Man Who Claimed To Trek From Lagos / Amaechi Allegedly Looted $757million In US Foreign Accounts- Cnn's Amampour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.