Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

DStv Raises Charges Again. - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DStv Raises Charges Again. (62129 Views)

Usher Charges Iphone In Woman's Private Part!!!! / The Figurine Raises The Bar For Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by harpo(m): 7:19am On Oct 07, 2013
Can someone tell me who regulates DSTV they are not doing their job, this guys have no right to spring up increment on us, instead they should be reducing. below are tweets of the way i feel about this issue

Harrison Ovia ‏@Belafonte1 9h

@ChannelsTV_NG @937RhythmFm @CoolFMNigeria #stopincreaseindstvfee infact the fees should be reduced
View conversation

Harrison Ovia ‏@Belafonte1 9h

@ChannelsTV_NG @937RhythmFm @CoolFMNigeria #stopincreaseindstvfee #stopincreaseindstvfee #stopincreaseindstvfee #stopincreaseindstvfee
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by 2old4that(m): 8:40am On Oct 07, 2013
I'm now rocking with the dongle receiver of a thing for two months now. Having access to all the dsthieves channels. I recharged N600 and its still running.

Even with the expiration of my N7500 (compact plus) every month i usually pay, they wouldnt give me any of the Nigerian channels for free. It was too much.

Anytime they start reducing their subscription that is when i will dust-up my dsthieves decoder.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by ibukunobi: 9:12am On Oct 07, 2013
REVOLUTION! REVOLUTION!! REVOLUTION!!!
LET US STOP TALKING, BURN DSTV PROPERTY IN THIS COUNTRY SIMPLE
THIS PEOPLE ARE THIEVES
NOW IS THE TIME TO START
LET US CREATE A FORUM FOR THAT
DONT EXPECT NBC TO DO ANYTHING, THEY HAVE RECEIVED BRIBE
THEY BELIEVE WE KNOW HOW TO ADJUST IN THIS COUNTRY, BASTARD PEOPLE
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by jiggo(m): 9:44am On Oct 07, 2013
Question:
Do they increase anyhow in South Africa?
What is the regulatory body of Nigeria doing about this? Dem don collect bribe bah?

Anyway i just heard of QTV on saturday and sincerely am porting straught up....am severing ties with DSTV. I cannot pay 11,650 at all.
Learnt QTV shows EPL, UCL, Laliga, Seria, Europa...so what more do i need? I only watch Sports on DSTV before sef.
Also heard that full subscription for QTV is 3500 (50 channels). the decoder + installation is just about 20k or less.

Enuff of this exploitation by dstv. Ontop all my tweets at them since saturday, dem no even bulge.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by georgee(m): 9:47am On Oct 07, 2013
I just Called CTL now and d lady told me they would be Up and running before the end of this Month. That i should hold on to all my enquiries till end of Oct. Stewpid DSTV, this is the end of u in my house.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by ebybernardy: 10:00am On Oct 07, 2013
What really is HITV's problems for God's Sake? If not, the monopoly of DSTV was about being the thing of the past before the problem surface. Meanwhile, if we have a good govt with vision, they ought to have call the mgt to know the problem to find lasting solution.
We need development and govt prefers outsiders to develop our Country where as the revenues is used in developing their own end.

Federal govt and people of naija shld wise up.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Papishi(m): 11:11am On Oct 07, 2013
kabba7: Let's run DSTV out of town a guy in Kano has for close to 2 years beenn succesfuly configuring this AVATA or A~Z sky thing to break the DSTV codes. Or U̶̲̥̅̊ go for free on air I can't continue to slave for multichoice.
I've done mine since December 2012 & am Φkγ̲̣̣̥ after studying the cause of the initial hang ups.

Please what are the causes of the hangups? Cos mine sabi mess up sometime big tyms especially during important matches.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by monyejuli(m): 11:15am On Oct 07, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: MCL, CTL and PBS has knocked them out of the market at PH and environs. With N2,100 per month, you have unlimited viewership of Epl, champs league and other entertaining channels.
@Omenuko, which one is PBS, and which of the charges the amount you mentioned?
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Jobos(m): 11:32am On Oct 07, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
this south africa company is really rippinq off nigerians, how i wish we can all protest same way #teamsexkillzmustqo did|
Blame your govt for that, DSTV in Ghana never cost so much. Its Hqtrs would have been in Nig but thanks to Abacha
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by viruz007(m): 11:34am On Oct 07, 2013
Fadelex: I was so annoyed when I saw d sms this morning, can u imagine, in the last 3months, they've removed eurosport news, espn, espn classic and recently i concert... this people cannot continue to milk us like dis... what is NBC doin about dis? I heard of one ABG cable, that its for 19k and 3k subscription per month and that they show virtually all matches available on dstv.... I'll rather add 8k to dat 12k and get d cable... if our government won't do anything about it I beg my fellow Nigerians to just abandon dstv and get alternative... just like mtn, they have no interest of Nigerians @ heart

ESPN pulled out of EMEA operations. Not DSTV's fault.

1 Like

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by viruz007(m): 12:13pm On Oct 07, 2013
the N11,650 pain me die but truthfully i use DSTV because of all the documentary channels and sports channels hence y i do premium. The simple truth is dat regulatory bodies are not doing their jobs, all the free to air and other cable services mentioned have issues varying from the picture quality to being affected strongly by weather. DSTV of recent behaves better with weather issues unlike all the rest mentioned. They are dependent on terrain and LOS and many other factors.

Make we accept the simple truth, YOU WANT QUALITY YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. As for the dongle thing i know about it and how it can mess you up when you need it and is also dependent on the network service provider data service being ok in your locale and when it can decide to pack up on you and u need to upgrade the firmware. So right now we are in a stalemate ladies and gent until NBC remember their duties.

My opinion though and for the ESPN loss espn pulled out operations in Europe and Africa so hence y no ESPN.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Fadelex(m): 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
sunygal: If u r in abuja,try ABG,it has over 50 channels n shows d premier n campions league LIVE.3500 a month,18k for subcribtion plus 1 month free.latest series n movies.I use it.To hell with dstv.
where can I get it?
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by adetayoonas(m): 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
paul234:
Who is still paying for DSTV when you can watch ALL DSTV PREMIUM CHANNELS FOR FREE,you only pay a
one time fee for d device and setup.dis is nt a scam,is wot i will setup for u den u pay me.if interested send me PM
Pls I m in osogbo. HoW can I watch football matches plus premiership at a cheaper rate
My no is 08099577411
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
can those of you using the avatar coded dstv. confirm if it is still working as at this morning? cos mine and few of my close friends called and said it went off overnight. (Chinese severs) Guess this Chinese are about to get greedy again now that the stuff is of high demand over the last 48hours.

all you shitheads running your mouth about hacked dstv, una try oh..now shit has hit the fan. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by shina2o: 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2013
[quote author=igwemoagbo]can those of you using the avatar coded dstv. confirm if it is still working as at this morning? cos mine and few of my close friends called and said it went off overnight. (Chinese severs) Guess this Chinese are about to get greedy again now that the stuff is of high demand over the last 48hours.

all you shitheads running your mouth about hacked dstv, una try oh..now shit has hit the fan. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry[/quote

bet some dstv operatives are ere watching all these and in no time all the free to air stuffs will either stop working or purchased at higher price........try and be discrete as much as possible!!!
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
[quote author=shina2o][/quote]
thats the problem here. its not me. some pple have been running their mouths about this products since saturday.
and unfortunately the damn thing went off overnight yesterday.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by ibukunobi: 3:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
LET US PROTEST AGAINST THIS EVIL CALLED DSTV
we like to talk without action
just a matter of calling a press and organise a protest
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
DSTV MUST REDUCE THEIR RIDICULOUS PRICE ELSE THE SHOULD LEAVE THE COUNTRY
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Deneistein: 3:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
There ar diferent alternatives for u to watch all european leagues,EPL and so many others even live wrestling and so on .. Just contact the nearest metro digital office nearby .. I enjoy it at home always even now ..is just 3k for a month .. And u enjoy ..
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by lekkie073(m): 5:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
igwemoagbo: can those of you using the avatar coded dstv. confirm if it is still working as at this morning? cos mine and few of my close friends called and said it went off overnight. (Chinese severs) Guess this Chinese are about to get greedy again now that the stuff is of high demand over the last 48hours.

all you shitheads running your mouth about hacked dstv, una try oh..now shit has hit the fan. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Mine dey work o....no break in transmission at all!
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by adetayoonas(m): 5:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
currentbrands:

Bros..... am interested. Kindly fill me in on the right receiver dongle to buy. (currentbrands@gmail.com)

Pls I m interested.
My email is talktoty4ever@yahoo.com
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by xtripple: 10:35pm On Oct 07, 2013
migbe:
Thanks for this info bro. I'm in abuja, here's my email
talk2loluone@yahoo.com
Should u use bb, here's my bbm -
294CD5F0,,
Thanks bro
am afraid your name sound like dstv agent: beside what's ur location.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by xtripple: 10:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
xtripple: am afraid your name sound like dstv agent: beside what's ur location.
I think d best way I will help anybody who is interested is,, u must have already DSTV , so dat it will be easy...I notice a lot of pple here re agents of DSTV. If send me your location and e-mail , I can send you the stuff , then you plug and watch.. trust me.. thanks. Find me -- loverscandy@yahoo.com
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by adetayoonas(m): 10:53pm On Oct 07, 2013
Pls I stay in osogbo osun st. Email is talktoty4ever@yahoo.com

Lovexme:

Lagos, dandyguy4me@yahoo.com
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 12:55am On Oct 08, 2013
xtripple: I think d best way I will help anybody who is interested is,, u must have already DSTV , so dat it will be easy...I notice a lot of pple here re agents of DSTV. If send me your location and e-mail , I can send you the stuff , then you plug and watch.. trust me.. thanks. Find me -- loverscandy@yahoo.com
Bro, u've not sent me d DSTV stuff as promised o. Here's my email again. Fabulousfortune@yahoo.com
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by armadeo(m): 12:58am On Oct 08, 2013
Prepping the dstv boycott thread.

Watch this space.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by xtripple: 9:03am On Oct 08, 2013
fabulousfortune: Bro, u've not sent me d DSTV stuff as promised o. Here's my email again. Fabulousfortune@yahoo.com
read your e-mail. Thanks
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by migbe(m): 1:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
xtripple: am afraid your name sound like dstv agent: beside what's ur location.
Bro, am not a dstv agent o abeg. I base in abuja. Help a broda pls. Thanks bro
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by doctokwus: 3:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
xtripple: I think d best way I will help anybody who is interested is,, u must have already DSTV , so dat it will be easy...I notice a lot of pple here re agents of DSTV. If send me your location and e-mail , I can send you the stuff , then you plug and watch.. trust me.. thanks. Find me -- loverscandy@yahoo.com
Pls send me d stuff,cannot just because of football pay N11,600,cause hardly watch oda channels,esp on matchdays.
ikeanokwi@gmail.com
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
*Breaking news* for u guys trying to hook pple up for the hacked dstv. Someone I guess on dis nairaland forum got busted. At about 2pm today. I was at orile police station(to see a client) when dey were bought in, even with the agents and the pple purchasing it. I saw dem and decoders. ****police for dere don hammer. So you guys can continue oh. Dstv agents ll find una soon.

My advise? keep your property intact and lay low till the heat dies down.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by lekkie073(m): 6:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
igwemoagbo: *Breaking news* for u guys trying to hook pple up for the hacked dstv. Someone I guess on dis nairaland forum got busted. At about 2pm today. I was at orile police station(to see a client) when dey were bought in, even with the agents and the pple purchasing it. I saw dem and decoders. ****police for dere don hammer. So you guys can continue oh. Dstv agents ll find una soon.

My advise? keep your property intact and lay low till the heat dies down.
Story
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by good188(m): 12:46am On Oct 09, 2013
my own dey work perfect
igwemoagbo: can those of you using the avatar coded dstv. confirm if it is still working as at this morning? cos mine and few of my close friends called and said it went off overnight. (Chinese severs) Guess this Chinese are about to get greedy again now that the stuff is of high demand over the last 48hours.

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by onome25(m): 5:34am On Oct 09, 2013
HELLO , MY YOUNG BOYS SHOULD BE VERY CAREFULL IN THIER DEALINGS WITH CUSTOMERS OR ELSE hmmmmmmm "no b story o" & U THE BUYERS SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL IN UR DEALINGS WITH SOME INSTALLERS & SOME IMPOSTERS because UR MONEY GO ENTER " once chance"
PLS DEAL WITH AUNTHENTIC WHOLE SALLER, RETAILERS & GENUIN MEMBERS.
EVERY ONE SHOULD BE " careful"
NA THE "OGA" GENERAL OF
SATELLITE COMMUNICATION, bring una this message.
https://www.nairaland.com/946651/DONGLE-DEVICE-UNSCRAMBLE-ALL-LOCKED/3

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Bukola Samuel-wemimo Leaves TVC For Channels TV / BBNaija: Tacha Tells Her Fans To Vote For Her Yellow Chair In The House / "I Would Go Nude For N45million" - Big Brother Naija 2018 Prospective Housemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.