Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences (17036 Views)

When You Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job / 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by ADEMOSU(m): 8:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
I ve chAnged joBs (sacked or resigned) 4 times in 6yrs. But in all Am in better position than the previous in terms of pay . The "but" is the nature of work makes me bored And lonely. Am away from family n friends , co workers see me as enemy been an Auditor .
my lessons/Advise are :
Look b4 u leap,
Always have insider information about the new/intending job especially if its a privately owned
If possible take a leave to temporArily work in d new/intending job b4 quiting
Lastly never forget d lessons you learnt in ur previous jobs especially if u were sAcked

2 Likes

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Incrizz(f): 9:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
nwaribe:
How do u mean ?
You have just quoted two different replies to two different post as one.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Incrizz(f): 9:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by anitank(f): 10:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
pickabeau1: Damn.. This is bad

So what are your fall back scenarios

Can you resume where you were working

If I hear...

nwaribe:
I tried to go back but the MD refused. I'm still pleading with him to take me back bt I knw he'll use me if I eventually go back to dat job. I'm already thinking of learning a skill.
It wasn't necessary going back to beg, it's a let down on urself. And even if they took u back, they would never have respect for u again and will definitely use u more. Stay positive honey and believe something better is coming ur way. Hopefully Etisalat will still call u.

But come to think of it, this Etisalat recruitment no de finish ni?
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by MissOpe(f): 10:12pm On Oct 12, 2013
Tuntheycr7: I quit ma job (as a corper earnin N19.800/m ) arnd feb. dis year, since den I neva gat anoda job.
D problem b say dem jux releasd anoda set ystde to join pple at home already. I jux de tink since ystde wen i saw dem 4 TV
Hehehheehehhe....sorry dear...It is also well even insidde the well.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by SenatorJames(m): 10:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
Fingers, they say are not equal.

For those of you leaving one job or the other, Please can you help to secure a job in your previous work place. At least for a start as a fresh graduate with no post service experience.
I currently reside in Ibadan
Course: Agric. Econs and Ext
e-mail: abidogunjames@gmail.com

Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 12, 2013
I left a Federal Medical Center for a Teaching hospital last month. Though, the pay of teaching hospital is less than that of Medical Centre but the professional training make it a worthwhile decision.

It is not easy to settle down in a new location but thanks for NARD strike !
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Edozie13(m): 1:00am On Oct 13, 2013
Handsomeemmy: I didn't really quit my Job, anyway by this time last, the firm i was working with as wholesale Executive was gradually changing to another line of business, they sacked some and asked some of us to go and collect form and reapply, in reapplying, you have lost all the years of experience, they will also employ you as if you are a new staff and all sort of trash(this type of thing is common in Nigeria) .

I didn't collect the form, i was calm and watching as everything unfold, and trusting for something great.
As God will have it, second week of december last year, i was asked to attend an interview in lagos, after the interview, training started immediately for the next one month, it while in lagos that i was told that they sacked the people that did re-apply or were not asked to reapply, i just laughed because this current Job gives me four times my previously small salary and it also give me the ability to be the Boss(Manager) over some people at my end(Location) of the office.. Still marching forward and trusting God for greater things.

From your closing remark, I could sense a smirk on your face; you go wicked well well... Lol #okbye
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Edozie13(m): 1:07am On Oct 13, 2013
Dominiquez: Having worked in three different companies bank-dredging-Oil Servicing coy, I finally resigned from my last company where I was the Logistics Manager after i refused their offer to move to business development department in their quest to cut my pay cos I was the highest paid among all the employed office staff. My assistant who was the owners informant took over from me,but was sacked two months cos he doesn't know the job.

I own a company now that is diversified due to my experiences,I am now helping government to salvage unemployment and soon I ll employ my former assistant.

Microsoft did it and got away with it but in your own case *smh* I'd suggest you leave your former owners informant (assistant) alone before he comes take over your own company... If it could happen to Job, *shrug* you might be next in line buddie
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by kristosky(m): 3:49am On Oct 13, 2013
Richy.:

i like your boldness. but you are the worst adviser of the year 2013.you really want a banker to quit for a recharge card?
the guy is a bloody joker.I see no sense at his comment. Must evrybody comment @topic?
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by pickabeau1: 9:37am On Oct 13, 2013
anitank:
If I hear...

It wasn't necessary going back to beg, it's a let down on urself. And even if they took u back, they would never have respect for u again and will definitely use u more. Stay positive honey and believe something better is coming ur way. Hopefully Etisalat will still call u.

I hope she gets a break soon
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by anitank(f): 9:42am On Oct 13, 2013
pickabeau1:

I hope she gets a break soon
I know she will smiley

1 Like

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 13, 2013
anitank:
If I hear...

Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ dearie, I believe etisalat will still call. Lol, dat dia recruitment ehn, e b like say na forever o.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 13, 2013
I recently changed jobs. No regrets. I believe it'll help me achieve what I wanna achieve in few years.

1 Like

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by seunwen2(m): 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
qplus:
Quit my job wit a state ministry dat is saddled wit road construction, main responsibility was to supervise d manual laborers . Now working in a federal hospital as a senior equipment engineer. Its been five months and still counting. D main difference is transition from working under hot sun to working inside Air conditioned room. Its not by power nor might. Its just GOD.

Which course did u study man?
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Adesiji77: 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
Thread resurrected cheesy
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
Yaasir:
This is the 2nd time I would change job this year; Access to StanbicIBTC to Cadbury. The first move was quite easy cos the pay was more and the grade. The present one was much more complicated. The pay is far less but I just love Cadbury. Unfortunately, Stanbic increased my salary by 50% immediately I tendered my resignation. The day I signed my offer letter with Cadbury I got another offer from Ecobank which is twice Cadbury's. All the same, I am now with Cadbury but being approached by another telecoms presently.
Bro, peeps are looking for job n u are here changing jobs even some chasing u. Pls, show me d way or secret
My mail: eddyodoh@yahoo.com
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 14, 2014
I still think i've made the worst decision in my life or may be God purpose!
2 yrs ago I quit my job in hotel where i had spent over 6yrs, first as a porter while still schooling after my studies in 2011 i was made Receptionist. Shortly after i quit in 2012 for NYSC. The job was everythin 2 me, i was living big atleast. I got advice from some peeps not 2 resign but I thought i had spent over 6yrs in d hotel, attended school in d same hotel , completed my studies and i nid 2 explore other opportunities. I left for d nysc, it was hell as i became broke. I completed d nysc early last year and couldn't secure a job. It was frustrating and disappointing, i lost most of my valuables until recently(2months now) i got a job in a firm dat handle Airtel customer care unit. I thought i've gotten all i wanted but d job is stressful, time consuming, including weekends and low pay. I still think of my past decision.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by detutu1: 7:55pm On Nov 29, 2014
Hi there, since we talking quits nd jobs here...lol...my cousin just got an offer as a customer service agent for airtel for 40k a month, but her shift is weird! 2-11 pm...she feels she shld just wait for another job since she just finished serving last month...I dunno what to advice her really since she doesn't v wia to stay in abk for now, she z actively searching btw...nd might not b able to go for interviews....should she 'quit' the 'offer'??
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by SenatorJames(m): 9:10am On Dec 14, 2014
detutu1:
Hi there, since we talking quits nd jobs here...lol...my cousin just got an offer as a customer service agent for airtel for 40k a month, but her shift is weird! 2-11 pm...she feels she shld just wait for another job since she just finished serving last month...I dunno what to advice her really since she doesn't v wia to stay in abk for now, she z actively searching btw...nd might not b able to go for interviews....should she 'quit' the 'offer'??
Is it 2pm to 11pm? If so, she will still have chance of going for interview, since most interview is always in the morning. Let her take up the job, to start having something to put as post service experience, better one will meet her there. Also to get accommodation in Abeokuta will not cost much. She have to start somewhere.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by israeloluf: 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
Please does anyone know about petrogap oil and gas located on the island?
My uncle is about taking up their offer but he wants to have enough info about the organisation.
Please help o. Make he no jump from frying pan to fire.
You can inbox me if u wanna be anonymous.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future / Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School / Meet Akintola Williams, The First Chartered Accountant In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.