Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Awka: Anambra's Capital - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awka: Anambra's Capital (24561 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen In Awka Town / Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures / Bomb Scare In Awka, Anambra State According To STV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
^

Why are people talking down on Obi over Onitsha-Awka-Enugu expressway which is under construction?
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 1:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
If this bridge was in Lagos or Akwa Ibom, i know what Fashola or Akpabio would have turned it into. Do these ogbaje governors travelk round the country to see what is going on. There's no way i will be the governor of Anambra state and travel to Uyo and come back leaving this place looking like this. The world has moved beyond this.

Afam, atime I don't know if you are mod or biased one for that matter. How can you talk smite Obi over the ongoing reconstruction of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu federal highway? Awka as is, is a growing city with UN-Habitat Masterplan. All the state roads have been taken care of except for the ongoing federal roads. I challenge you to show us what Chime has achieved outside Enugu capital? Enugu state indigenes are still all over Onitsha looking for their greener pastures.

Can we do a side by side assessment of Obi and Chime on these areas:

-Health sector in Enugu state and Health sector in Anambra

-Anambra Teaching Hospital and Enugu Teaching hospital

-Education in Anambra and Education in Enugu state

-Employment generation in Anambra and Employment general in Enugu state

-State-wide infrastructural development in Anambra and state-wide infrastructural development in Enugu state

Lets look at development from these perspective rather than looking at few painted and flowered roads.

Lets look at development from these perspective..

2 Likes

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
Abagworo:

Hero beer. The truth is that in life, you get what you ask for. I remember during the 2011 elections I commented on a young man from ACN then making a better Governor than Orji and people condemned him saying that a 35 year old man is too young to govern them and went home to sit down and believed mana would come down from heaven.

It is true that only the State capital is not enough to assess performance but the question is where else can anyone pinpoint? Giving cash to people to share is not equal to development and is in fact done by someone who lacks ideas on what to do with money.

If we are to compare state by state, can you compare Imo to Anambra state under these following indices of development: Education, health, industrialization, employment generation, agriculture, urban/rural development etc. Going by these factors Imo state is too minor to be compared to Anambra. Fact!
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Afam4eva(m): 2:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
Chino72:

Afam, atime I don't know if you are mod or biased one for that matter. How can you talk smite Obi over the ongoing reconstruction of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu federal highway? Awka as is, is a growing city with UN-Habitat Masterplan. All the state roads have been taken care of except for the ongoing federal roads. I challenge you to show us what Chime has achieved outside Enugu capital? Enugu state indigenes are still all over Onitsha looking for their greener pastures.

-Anambra Teaching Hospital and Enugu Hospital Teaching

-State-wide infrastructural development in Anambra and state-wide infrastructural development in Enugu state

Lets look at development from these perspective rathat than looking at few painted and flowered roads.
I don't have the weapons in my arsenal to compare Obi and Chime because i'm not on ground but i'm moved by what i see. I have seen hundres if not thousands of pictures of projects undertaken by Chime in Enugu and i'll say i'm really impressed but there's been a dearth of pictures of Peter Obi's projects. We've been told that one of Peter Obi's strong points are the rural roads but no one seems to be bringing pictures of these roads. The only time i see pictures of the supposed Obi's achievements, i hide my head in shame cos i know Anambra deserves better. Enugu is not perfect and a whole lot still needs to be done especially in the rural areas but with what i've seen across board, i'll rate Chime highly.

2 Likes

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 2:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
I don't have the weapons in my arsenal to compare Obi and Chime because i'm not on ground but i'm moved by what i see. I have seen hundres if not thousands of pictures of projects undertaken by Chime in Enugu and i'll say i'm really impressed but there's been a dearth of pictures of Peter Obi's projects. We've been told that one of Peter Obi's strong points are the rural roads but no one seems to be bringing pictures of these roads. The only time i see pictures of the supposed Obi's achievements, i hide my head in shame cos i know Anambra deserves better. Enugu is not perfect and a whole lot still needs to be done especially in the rural areas but with what i've seen across board, i'll rate Chime highly.

Yes, am not mincing words when I told you that Obi has brought the 'eldorado' to Anambra. You are free to travel to Anambra rural regions, you will easily mistake it for small 'london' because of the level of road ashplalt that exist there. I can tell you that from Awka to Agulu to Ekwulobia to Uga is a nylon tarring all through you cannot meet any bad bad. Then from Awka to Igbariam to Anam to Otuocha to Onitsha is another wonders Obi did.

Development is all inclusive:

-Eduation

-Health

-Industrial drive

-Employment generation etc

Now tell me the position of Enugu state on the afore-mentioned? The answer is as good as zero!

Now that does not remove the fact the Chime used almost all the allocation on the Enugu urban road tarring. painting and flowering. I still commend him because he was far better than Chimaroke. Okay, what is the position and condition of Enugu state concerning academic excellence? Can you now say that enugu state under chime has done well in edcation? Or because he put all the allocation on those eye-catchy projects that were made to deceive the gullible masses.

I have horrible pictures of roads in Udi, Ngwo, Oji River, 9th mile, Awgu, Ugwuaji etc, but am restrained each time I want post them. The only road that is a minus for Awka at the moment is the Onitsha-Awka-Enugu federal highway which is actually under construction as we write this piece.

If we are to look at the overall development embracing all the sectors, then Obi is a model trounces Chime and others in the SE. Fact!

2 Likes

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Afam4eva(m): 2:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
Chino72:

Yes, am not mincing words when I told you that Obi has brought the 'eldorado' to Anambra.

-Eduation

-Health

-Industrial drive

Now tell me the position of Enugu state on the afore-mentioned? The answer is as good as zero!

Now that does not remove the fact the Chime used almost all the allocation on the Enugu urban road tarring. painting and flowering. I still commend him because he was far better than Chimaroke. Okay, what is the position and condition of Enugu state concerning academic excellence? Can you now say that enugu state under chime has done well in edcation? Or because he put all the allocation on those eye-catchy projects that were made to deceive the gullible masses. I have horrible pictures of roads in Udi, Ngwo, Oji River, 9th mile, Awgu, Ugwuaji etc, but am restrained each time I want post them.

If we are to look at the overall development embracing all the sectors, then Obi is a model trounces Chime and others in the SE. Fact!
If that's the case then ejim afa Chukwu okike to beg you to pls post the pictures of this eldorado that you're talking about. You can make your job easier by posting pictures instead of arguing and fighting all over the place. Pictures speak more than a thousand words. Pls, post pictures and God will bless you and your family.

1 Like

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
If that's the case then ejim afa Chukwu okike to beg you to pls post the pictures of this eldorado that you're talking about. You can make your job easier by posting pictures instead of arguing and fighting all over the place. Pictures speak more than a thousand words. Pls, post pictures and God will bless you and your family.

Am not here to argue with you, but am here to tell you that the way you talk most times smacks of bitterness. I will challenge you to travel yourself instead of accepting internet pictures as reality or its present condition. I refused to reply your other responses because if I do, it will amount to insult the entire 'wawa people' and it will not be too good for us here.

The only road that I can point out now that is not good in Awka is the ongoing Onitsha-Awka-Enugu federal highway which is presently under construction. And that is the only portion of road that this people keep regurgitating all over the internet.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 2:28pm On Oct 12, 2013

-Health sector in Enugu state and Health sector in Anambra

-Anambra Teaching Hospital and Enugu Teaching hospital

Lets look at development from these perspective rather than looking at few painted and flowered roads.

Lets look at development from these perspective..
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
grin i'm so enjoying this show, Afam, just dont ban chino when he starts to post pics of Enugu ooo. wink
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Afam4eva(m): 2:29pm On Oct 12, 2013
INNO18: grin i'm so enjoying this show, Afam, just dont ban chino when he starts to post pics of Enugu ooo. wink
That will be derailing. He can create a new thread for that.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 2:33pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
That will be derailing. He can create a new thread for that.

Its a promise, am coming sooner than later with a thread about the Enugu state people do not know. Enugu state does not start and end with the small enugu urban!
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 2:35pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam, this below thread is trending now, I will like you to provide police security to make sure that nobody derails it except for pictures and news about the subject state. Thank you

https://www.nairaland.com/1467734/what-rochas-done-211billion-loan/22#18766568
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Afam4eva(m): 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2013
Chino72:

Its a promise, am coming sooner than later with a thread about the Enugu state people do not know. Enugu state does not start and end with the small enugu urban!
Why not use that time to gather pictures of Obi's achievement and post them here. Is it easier for you to look for bad pictures of Enugu and other states than to look for pictures of places that are right under your nose.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 2:40pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
Why not use that time to gather pictures of Obi's achievement and post them here. Is it easier for you to look for bad pictures of Enugu and other states than to look for pictures of places that are right under your nose.

Does it matter? All the states should be scrutinized.

This is your hypocrisy we are talking about. You allowed all manner of things to follow on the other thread now you realized we should not derail this. Odinma

1 Like

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Afam4eva(m): 2:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
Chino72:

Does it matter? All the states should be scrutinized.

This is your hypocrisy we are talking about. You allowed all manner of things to follow on the other thread now you realize we should not derail this. Odinma
All states must be scrutinized and i encourage you to open a thread on Enugu and any other state that tickles your fancy but pls, don't forget to do justice to this thread as well.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 2:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
All states must be scrutinized and i encourage you to open a thread on Enugu and any other state that tickles your fancy but pls, don't forget to do justice to this thread as well.

Of course!

Like as I said earlier Chime is working only on the Enugu capital while Obi is working on all the cities and communities at the same time. The same energy and resources the former is using to work only on the capital its the same energy the later is using to work the state-wide.

Now if we will do that let us make sure that we bring all the the parameters of development into play: That it;

-Eduation

-Health

-Industrial drive

-Urban/rural development

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
Hmm, when I heard Soludo was going to contest in this forthcoming election, a feeling of joy, hope and fulfilment aroused inside me.
I believe Nigeria has gone past "considering repainting of schools as an achievement".
With what was done to Soludo, I don't believe Peter obi has the best interest of anambra @ heart. I just hope the people choose the right candidate.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by oboy3(m): 2:48pm On Oct 12, 2013
i cant seem to understand why anambra thread always degenerates to abia vs anambra,enugu vs anambra e.t.c?
Odiro mma nu,biko nu
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 2:51pm On Oct 12, 2013
o'boy:
i cant seem to understand why anambra thread always degenerates to abia vs anambra,enugu vs anambra e.t.c?
Odiro mma nu,biko nu

Nobody is derailing it nwanne.

But the point people refused to get is that the same road they are attacking Obi for, is a federal highway which is equally under construction as type this piece. So why use that particular road to say rubbish like afam has done. All these are happening because of the upcoming election.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by achi4u(m): 2:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
Still following and observing cheesy

more pinkchos pls grin
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by FreeGlobe(f): 2:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
Lies upon lies, Awka to Ekwulobia road and other roads around that axis was there before Peter Obi, including Nanka to umunze and uga to Akokwa, that's my axis. Question is what is stopping these Obi's clowns from posting pictures of the eldorado obi has done, and is there no other person apart from them that sees these eldorado. If we post pictures, they will call it old without showing an updated version. I have been to both Enugu and Anambra recently and whoever compares chime (one of the best governors in Nigeria) to Peter Obi is sick in the head.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 2:53pm On Oct 12, 2013
Promhize: Hmm, when I heard Soludo was going to contest in this forthcoming election, a feeling of joy, hope and fulfilment aroused inside me.
I believe Nigeria has gone past "considering repainting of schools as an achievement".
With what was done to Soludo, I don't believe Peter obi has the best interest of anambra @ heart. I just hope the people choose the right candidate.

I will like you to compare any SE gov with Obi on these basis. Mind you Obi has done so much with borrowing a dime for 8years. His counterpart in Imo state has borrowed over 200 billion but there is nowhere in the state we could see any sign of development.

-Eduation

-Health

-Industrial drive

-Urban/rural development

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Afam4eva(m): 2:57pm On Oct 12, 2013
o'boy:
Odiro mma nu,biko nu
That's because Chino changes the goal post to distract people from the fact that Obi hasn't done much in Anambra like he'll want us to believe.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by FreeGlobe(f): 2:59pm On Oct 12, 2013
Chino72:

when you open the Enugu thread, I will follow it up with another Anambra thread. You can't keep opening threads to divert attention without answering the numerous questions directed at you here. I am waiting for the Enugu thread. Chime still has two years to go by the way, Rochas is just starting. Peter Obi?

1 Like

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 3:09pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's because Chino changes the goal post to distract people from the fact that Obi hasn't done much in Anambra like he'll want us to believe.

Its quite disheartening that you see only road as the only benefits of democracy.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Afam4eva(m): 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2013
Chino72:

Its quite disheartening that you see only road as the only benefits of democracy.
Please just post pictures of Obi's achievement be it roads, bridges, schools, hospitals etc. Just anything will do.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2013
Like as I said earlier, Obi made sure that development and road construction is not only on one sector.

These are some of the rural roads did by Obi.

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2013
He had made sure that development touched all the parts of the state and not only painting and flowering few roads.

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Afam4eva(m): 3:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
Chino, open a new thread for development strides in Anambra. This thread is for Awka specifically. I like what i'm seeing though.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam4eva: Chino, open a new thread for development strides in Anambra. This thread is for Awka specifically. I like what i'm seeing though.
Finally acknowkedging the freas air huh grin, one down. Freeglobe left!
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Chino72: 3:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam4eva: Chino, open a new thread for development strides in Anambra. This thread is for Awka specifically. I like what i'm seeing though.

Yes, you cannot talk about development in Anambra without talking about development in Anambra generally. This is because Obi has not limited himself only in the state capital like some has done without foresight.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Afam4eva(m): 3:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
Chino72:

Yes, you cannot talk about development in Anambra without talking about development in Anambra generally. This is because Obi has not limited himself only in the state capital like some has done without foresight.
Read the thread title again. it says Awka. So, this thread should be about the state capital, Awka.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Professor Kaita - "Why I Intervened In Buhari’s Certificate Saga" / Kemi Adeosun Denies Tweeting About Igbos're Becoming Irrelevant / Buhari: It’s Unthinkable Any Igbo Man Wants To Leave Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.