Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja (35073 Views)

Presidential Air Fleet Expenditure 2015 - Presidency / Presidency Reacts To Report Buhari Spent N6billion On Presidential Air Fleet In / The Untold Story Of The Nigerian Presidential Air Fleet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
shymexx:

Sod off, Rose-sick the sick transgender phaggit! undecided

This is not right.

You are allowing emotions to override your intelligence here. There is another way of repelling hot iron thrown at you.

Do not disappoint those who expect better from our London Patriot.
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by Abiyamo: 4:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
The F-7 Chengdu and the Alpha jets have killed many NAF pilots than many Nigerians know. The entire inventory of the NAF has to be overhauled if Nigeria is to be taken seriously in modern aerial warfare.
Mobsync: And can we say same of the Nigerian Air force wing not under the presidential air fleet?
Flying Chengu F-7's (which is already out of production in China) and Dornier/Dassault Alpha jets (which are glorified trainer jets?).

Let the government upgrade the air force then we can talk business.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by Abiyamo: 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
Yes Boss, I am, just quite busy, will roll back asap! Thank you!
ilugunboy: .....

You still on NL?

Miss your articles here.
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by Rossikk(m): 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
Let me state for the record that as president of Nigeria, I will have nothing less than 20 to 30 aircraft at my disposal at any given moment, and I will personally choose which one to fly in for every trip. Those who say they will only use one plane, no probs. Your reward is waiting for you in heaven. I'm out!!
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by Gbawe: 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2013
Billyonaire:

Gbawe, do not mislead our younger nairalanders.

Am I the one doing that or you who defends what no decent person would and what even a child knows is not justifiable given the real state of things? You are the one misleading others with your distasteful defense of administrative profligacy and personal excesses that would make non-Nigerians assume our Nation is, by far, the richest nation on earth when the reality could not be starkly more different.
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by Abiyamo: 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
Take your time and read s l o w l y....I didn't mention Luther as part of Abacha's PAF team. I only made a reference to when IBB arrested Luther and co for coup plotting. Read again s l o w l y.
josh4ever:

I think there is some inconsistency here... The pilot was in Abacha's PAF detail and was arrested for coup plotting against IBB? How? IBB came before Abacha and Shehu Yar'adua was arrested during Abacha's tenure... Pls clarify
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by Abiyamo: 5:08pm On Oct 06, 2013
Take your time and read s l o w l y....I didn't mention Luther as part of Abacha's PAF team. I only made a reference to when IBB arrested Luther and others in the PAF for coup plotting. Read again s l o w l y.
josh4ever: [quote author=josh4ever]

I think there is some inconsistency here... The pilot was in Abacha's PAF detail and was arrested for coup plotting against IBB? How? IBB came before Abacha and Shehu Yar'adua was arrested during Abacha's tenure... Pls clarify
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by Abiyamo: 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
I agree with you. But if the PAF is the very best, the NAF itself too should be modernized. The entire NAF fleet is nothing to write home about as far modern defence systems and strike capabilities are concerned, and same goes for the Nigerian Navy.
Billyonaire: Irrespective of what we think individually, the safety of the President of Nigeria is paramount, I suggest that the Presidential Fleet should always have the best of nextgen Aircraft fortified with missile defense system.

I do not care who is President at any point in time, but Presidents work too hard and need the very best care that we can afford, loss of any President brings rounds of turmoil on uncertainties, and we do not want that. Do we ?
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
Billyonaire:
This is not right.

You are allowing emotions to override your intelligence here. There is another way of repelling hot iron thrown at you.

Do not disappoint those who expect better from our London Patriot.

Bro, it's an eye for an eye with that uncouth prick. That's the only language he understands and I bet if I had ignored him, he would have continued with the name-calling. Rose-sick is a dyke!! grin
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by misterh(m): 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2013
10 planes?? That's wastage. Yet, the govt will complain of being broke. Why wouldn't they? All d peeps saying it's for security sake, tell me another president that has that much planes in his/her fleet? Abi is the Nigerian president the most targetted president in d world?
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
Rossikk:
Tell us how many planes YOU will agree to use as president of NIGERIA, Shymmex!!

Answer DIRECTLY PLS

If I'm a president of a country as irrelevant as Nigeria is in international politics, with abject poverty everywhere in the country - darn it, I don't need a presidential plane. What's the point of living large outside, when your home is a shanty house? Anyway, I don't blame you - you're as superficial as the average Nigerian. undecided
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
And Rose the dyke, stop quoting me - go create a next thread to spew your pseudo-patriotism and phony Afro-centrism to the gullible sheeple. undecided
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by Rossikk(m): 6:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
shymexx:

If I'm a president of a country as irrelevant as Nigeria is in international politics, with abject poverty everywhere in the country - darn it, I don't need a presidential plane. What's the point of living large outside, when your home is a shanty house? Anyway, I don't blame you - you're as superficial as the average Nigerian. undecided

I guess you will also not live in ''opulent'' Aso Rock, but rather, operate from a one bedroom bungalow on the outskirts of the capital. You will also not travel in a convoy of vehicles, but rather use a battered tokunbo. Alone. Why afterall should you use anything more than these when the ''average Nigerian'' is poor?? You will also have no guards or security. Why should you, when the salary paid each security man could feed ten families for a year? In fact you will even walk to the office alone, or catch okada from your house to the office.

You are, afterall, Mandela, Jesus, Dr Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Mother Theresa and Angel Gabriel all rolled into one aren't you?

Stupi.d London goat.
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by yunafa(f): 6:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
Oh yes, uncle moses was simply d best!!!!! May God bless him and his family, Amen.
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 06, 2013
I am sorry if I am a party pooper but this fleet of unnecessary aircraft is nothing to be proud of. Germany is the biggest and wealthiest nation in Western Europe and the whole of it's cabinet uses a fleet of twelve aircraft. TWELVE. Nigeria's is TEN! That is very telling. Can you imagine how much money is required to maintain these aircraft, even without the corruption?

The civilian aviation industry in Nigeria is one of the unsafest in the world, as are our roads and (non-existent) rail facilities. All because our thieving leaders would rather steal the money necessary for it's maintenance and buy government/private aircraft. They say to us "you continue to use the death-traps that we will not repair and we will keep on buying and using our own aircraft with the money we stole from you." Thankfully, every now and then Karma catches up with them, as Danbaba Suntai and co will readily tell.

If only we could somehow EFFECTIVELY ban the use of private aircraft, private clinics and private schools, nationally or abroad, by every elected official and force them to use what the common man has to contend with, perhaps things would start getting better in these sectors. At this juncture, unfortunately, that will remain all but a pipe dream.
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
Rossikk:
I guess you will also not live in ''opulent'' Aso Rock, but rather, operate from a one bedroom bungalow on the outskirts of the capital. You will also not travel in a convoy of vehicles, but rather use a battered tokunbo. Alone. Why afterall should you use anything more than these when the ''average Nigerian'' is poor?? You will also have no guards or security. Why should you, when the salary paid each security man could feed ten families for a year? In fact you will even walk to the office alone, or catch okada from your house to the office.

You are, afterall, Mandela, Jesus, Dr Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Mother Theresa and Angel Gabriel all rolled into one aren't you?

Stupi.d London goat.

Well, Rose-dyke, I don't think I can become the president of Nigeria - due to utterly disgusting and racist constitution of that country. However, if I ever become the governor of Lagos state, or a Yoruba country - then expect Malcolm-X, Ghandi, Karl Marx and Mother Theresa-esque type of attitude from me. A Chairman Mao might suffice - who knows? grin

Anyway, Rose-dyke, don't you have some carpet-munching to do? Add that to your innate crumb-munching lifestyle - and that's double whammy of crassness. Go do that and stop following me around like a dog. undecided
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
shymexx:

Well, Rose-dyke, I don't think I can become the president of Nigeria - due to utterly disgusting and racist constitution of that country. However, if I ever become the governor of Lagos state, or a Yoruba country - then expect Malcolm-X, Ghandi, Karl Marx and Mother Theresa-esque type of attitude from me. A Chairman Mao might suffice - who knows? grin

Anyway, Rose-dyke, don't you have some carpet-munching to do? Add that to your innate crumb-munching lifestyle - and that's double whammy of crassness. Go do that and stop following me around like a dog. undecided

Touché!
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by bibiking7(m): 11:58pm On Oct 06, 2013
Billyonaire: The purpose of this thread to my knowledge is expository, educative and historical. It is not to critique which President does what or not.

No country is without a problem, and I want to add that no country will EVER be without a problem, even the world power has shutdown.

The poor will always be amongst us and the poor will always blame the rich for their woes even though they spend greater of their times watching TV.

The President deserves a robust and secure fleet, not because we enjoy spending but because we need to protect the head cos without the head the body is but a madman.

[b]are you trying to place the safety of the president over the welfare and wellbeing of most of his citizen who are struggling to survive. So, the president feels safer with 11 aircrafts than he would feel with 2 or 3. Let me remind you of the fact that death is constant and inevitable. President Umar Musa Yaradua had all these aircrafts in his control and all the security details of his predecessors but still died of his illness. DID YOU LOOK AT THOSE FIGURES? The money spent on maintenance is outrageous. If as a business man, you spend more than you earn, then your doom is looming, now imagine that on a global scale, our doom is looming. There is no fuccccckkinggg way to defend this. Bro, You sound like a reaonable guy, dont drag yourself to that level, a level which is so common on this forum these days, where people for some funny reason try to defend some of the outrageous, shameful and unbelievably stupid actions of the government.
"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity, nothing exceeds the criticisms made of the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." herman melville.[/b]
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by TGlobe: 12:28am On Oct 07, 2013
nigeria needs 10 because ministers use presidential jets. that why you have 10.
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 07, 2013
Rossikk: Let me state for the record that as president of Nigeria, I will have nothing less than 20 to 30 aircraft at my disposal at any given moment, and I will personally choose which one to fly in for every trip. Those who say they will only use one plane, no probs. Your reward is waiting for you in heaven. I'm out!!
undecided
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by naptu2: 5:03am On Oct 07, 2013
In the past the Head of State flew on Nigeria Airways planes. General Gowon often showed off the fact that the planes were flown by Nigerians. He would give other heads of state a lift and take them to the cockpit to introduce them to the Nigerian Airways pilots.

Shagari had the planes transferred to the Air Force and this almost came back to bite him. He was on his way to Abuja in December 1983, to get some peace and quiet at Aguda Lodge, so that he could work on his budget speech. Unknown to him, the air force pilots had been instructed to divert the plane to Kaduna, where Colonel Bako was waiting to arrest him. The President overruled the pilots when they told him that they had to land in Kaduna and ordered them to proceed to Abuja. Colonel Bako eventually had to move his troops to Abuja in order to arrest the President.

The presidential jets were "everybody's jets" during the Buhari and Babangida eras. The Green Eagles/Super Eagles used to fly on the Presidential Jet, while the Supporters Club flew on Air Force C130 planes. This practice was eventually stopped towards the end of the Babangida era. It was revived for a single mission during the Obasanjo era. The Super Falcons staged a protest after winning the African Women's Championship in South Africa. They refused to leave their hotel, because they had not been paid their allowances. They consequently missed their flight. President Obasanjo ordered the Air Force to ferry the girls back from South Africa.

Personally, I would like to see the aircraft redesignated as Federal Government jets (similar to the Babangida era, but playing a much wider role). They should serve as Air Force/Federal Government transport planes and should perform such duties as repatriating Nigerians from war torn countries (eg Libya and Ivory Coast) ferrying soldiers to combat regions (eg Mali), transporting government ministers to official engagements and of course, transporting the President and Vice President. I also believe that we should adopt the American practice in which the President and Vice President pay air fares to the government anytime they use the planes for private trips.

https://www.nairaland.com/1062509/nigeria-good-bad-beautiful-ugly/32
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by naptu2: 5:15am On Oct 07, 2013
manny4life:

I like CFC, level headed dude..but he's too good for this dirty section, I wouldn't want his image tainted and people accusing him left, right and center, see how Afam turned out. NL politics is way too dirty which has caused further division amongst us, so in his best interest, I will support him if he decides but for me, NO, for his own best interest.

He has already declared that he is interested in the position.
https://www.nairaland.com/1452256/interested-moderating-section/23
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by Gbawe: 7:52am On Oct 07, 2013
bibiking7:

are you trying to place the safety of the president over the welfare and wellbeing of most of his citizen who are struggling to survive. So, the president feels safer with 11 aircrafts than he would feel with 2 or 3. Let me remind you of the fact that death is constant and inevitable. President Umar Musa Yaradua had all these aircrafts in his control and all the security details of his predecessors but still died of his illness. DID YOU LOOK AT THOSE FIGURES? The money spent on maintenance is outrageous. If as a business man, you spend more than you earn, then your doom is looming, now imagine that on a global scale, our doom is looming. There is no fuccccckkinggg way to defend this. Bro, You sound like a reaonable guy, dont drag yourself to that level, a level which is so common on this forum these days, where people for some funny reason try to defend some of the outrageous, shameful and unbelievably stupid actions of the government.
"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity, nothing exceeds the criticisms made of the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." herman melville.

Believe me, those making that argument have no leg to stand on in terms of facts and modern administration incorporating even the highest level of practical security as a core element. Nigeria, to stand a chance of developing, has to literally become a lean, mean and slick machine.

The PAF, for a serious and idea-driven President who is actually the meritorious best choice to lead our nation, will be the first unacceptable excess to be pared down considerably. As simple as that. There is nothing to celebrate, like kids in a toy/candy shop, about a set of picture which only depicts man's inhumanity against his fellow man when we make allowance for the nation involved and her perennially specific problems that has condemned her citizens to be some of the poorest in the world with only the most awful statistics to show for the excesses of leaders.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by sweetgala(m): 9:38am On Oct 07, 2013
CFCfan: -The issue of refitting the PAF aircraft: While going through the aircraft of the other nations, I discovered that they had some features which I am not too sure the PAF can boast of, apart from the sheer luxury it displays (former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole was blushing like a three-year-old boy with vanilla-flavoured ice cream the first time he was on the President Air Fleet). For instance, the Air India One, a Boeing 747-437B for the President, Prime Minister and Vice President of India has anti-missile systems, jamming equipment and even air-to-air refuelling capabilities (ayam not too sure the NAF has air tankers anyway). I know the Dassault Falcon jets have their own encrypted satellite communications systems and advanced navigation facilities but I can’t say of the features above, especially which relate a lot to the security of the President and crew of the PAF.

It will not be a bad idea if the PAF has the most secured aircraft anywhere on earth. In Africa where things can be very unstable, a presidential jet should be as fortified as possible. In 1993, the Dassault jet of the Rwandan President Juvenal Habyarimana was hit by a missile. It crashed seconds after and the President of Burundi, Pierre Nkurunziza who had asked to catch a flight with his friend was also in the French jet. No occupant survived that single crash and it led to what we are all very familiar with: the Rwandan Genocide. Almost a million lives were lost in a few months. Still on India, the Indian Air Force has fortified the Air India One to such an extent that it now has advanced missile warning systems, a missile deflecting shield and electronic countermeasures aimed at taking care of all kinds of threats from ground or while in the air.

Culled from http://unilaglss./2013/08/16/1994/

While it would not be a bad addition, the Nigerian president does not have any natural enemies bar the ones that reside within Nigeria. And thus has no fear of such an attack on his life while aboard Eagle One.
Ever wondered why India and Pakistan have some of the best military and spec ops in the world? These are two countries that want the other destroyed.
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by confusion247(m): 11:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
Symphony007: keep liking it. The money spent on this would have kept some kids in nigeria from dying of hunger.
Exactly
Re: Nigeria Presidential Air Fleet In Abuja by DanAnyiam: 12:58am On Oct 30, 2013
And I dont even think that the British head of state and prime Minister had One between them and they are the 4th world's biggest economy. One of Nigerian creditors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani / Nuhu Gidado At An Event With His Twin Girls / Uproar As Police Fixes Shooting Range Near Atiku’s Campaign Rally In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.