Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,931 members, 7,810,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Why Is GEJ Anti-north? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is GEJ Anti-north? (1776 Views)

Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF / Buhari: Military Offensive Against Boko Haram, Anti-north / Buhari : Military Offensive Against Boko Haram , Anti-north (photo) . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is GEJ Anti-north? by chrisair101: 11:21am On Oct 06, 2013
Vice President North Senate President North. Speaker North Chief Geoge of the Federation North. Inspector Gen of Police.ETC. You can add yours brothers and sisters . What is wrong with North. Having being in Power for more than 38yr. My heart Bleed for the region.
Re: Why Is GEJ Anti-north? by jmaine: 11:41am On Oct 06, 2013
Donmams:
Is it a crime for the north to be anti GEJ? But i believe it is a crime for the president of the country to show his distaste for a certain section of the country for whatever reason! Yar'adua, a northerner created the ministry of the niger delta, let GEJ create a ministry of the North East if he truly is impartial.

It's a treasonable offense trying to make the nation ungovernable for the President via terrorism ably supported by your kind.

There won't be any useless Ministry of North East , whatever that means to you. Sorry grin
Re: Why Is GEJ Anti-north? by gerald09(m): 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2013
U see your life, freedom of speech can be a b*itch. 1st dis North you talking about which is GEJ anti of? Majority of the North central will disagree with you. when it seems ur own weapon is been used against u u gt d pain. When it comes to inequality, bad governance and poverty the North carries the plaque, it got so bad that even our own people were both the victims and d suspects. Every point you have just made only brings out the sad fact that with youths like you the North is finished, asks ur brothers @ d North central. Keep fighting progress u all doin urselves. 50 student were killed in yola and the state governor has not been asked why? He is still d chief security in charge of that state if he really care about his people he wuld work with the Army, JTF, Police, LGs to battle or give information to help the FG battling boko haram but Nooo all he care about is who will run for 2015 and u come here and blame GEJ for boko haram, I guess its people like u God give brains and u still want him to come down to tell u how to use it.
Re: Why Is GEJ Anti-north? by Agbalanze(m): 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
The right question should be... Why is the north anti-Gej??
Re: Why Is GEJ Anti-north? by Mathicks(m): 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
Why would anybody say that GEJ is anti-north? When its actually ''some sections'' of the north tht is Anti-GEJ .... Anyhow... Y'all should read this story and if you're interested in joining the competition too, you're free..after you vote. If you're a good short story writer tho. //********

Tony winked at me as he got up to meet her. I just waved at her from where i sat and watched Tony walk up to her with a huge grin on his face. They exchanged small talk as they met and started walking towards me.

As they got nearer, i noticed that they were speaking in their native dialect, which i hoped they would change as soon as they sat. While still standing, Tony continued talking and then looked at me, his body language suggesting that he was telling her about me. I just smiled and nodded as if I understood what they were saying. This is one of the many funny things people do. Just then i remembered Emeka, my friend back in Lagos, telling the story of how he broke his hand a few years ago. Everybody had laughed that day and even he was laughing. I then wondered that at the time he actually broke his hand, it wasn’t funny for him, but telling the story when he had healed was a different case entirely.

Cont. the short story and pss vote for me too.. vote here http://etisalatprize.com/life-is-just-funny/

*Entire story is less than 300 words*
Re: Why Is GEJ Anti-north? by ProfessorPeter(m): 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2013
Donmams:
Is it a crime for the north to be anti GEJ? But i believe it is a crime for the president of the country to show his distaste for a certain section of the country for whatever reason! Yar'adua, a northerner created the ministry of the niger delta, let GEJ create a ministry of the North East if he truly is impartial.
Jonathan, Yaradua created ministry of Niger Delta for Niger Delta militants,. So you have to create ministry of boko haram for boko haram, for you not to been seen as anti north

1 Like

Re: Why Is GEJ Anti-north? by ProfessorPeter(m): 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
Donmams:
Re: Why Is GEJ Anti-north? by idumuose(m): 3:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
The current northern governors are indolent.The only northern governors
that I can point out that performed creditably,mind Ɣ☺u,all of them are
past governors are:
Adamu muadu(Bauchi)
Bafarawa(sokoto)
This current senator I have forgotten his name.He was the immediate
past governor of Gombe state.others are nothing but failures.Mind Ɣ☺u
What used to be called north is now polarized.Taraba people would prefer
a vegetable to rule them rather than an aboki deputy governor.Taraba,
Plateau,kogi,Benue,Nasarawa,parts of niger state would prefer Ɣ☺u
address them as the middle belts.Thank God for democracy.
Re: Why Is GEJ Anti-north? by ikeyman00(m): 4:08pm On Oct 06, 2013
@@@

still on it!

This is an extract in an interview by vanguard news, the Coordinator of the Northern Emancipation Network, Mal. Abdul-Azeez Sulaiman, says that the ordinary people in the North can no longer follow the political elite blindly. He also warns that the North could suffer after 2015 if it continues to antagonize President Goodluck Jonathan as it is not in a position to win the presidency in the next general elections. REad again

Would you not consider the battle for 2015 as a distraction to government both at the federal and state levels? It is like we are going to waste two years politicking, rather than allowing those in government to concentrate on developmental issues.

The issue of government, to my understanding and the experience I have, is that only those who are in government are concerned with government. People outside are only concerned with how to remove that government and replace it; so as far as this gang of emerging opposition is concerned, it is not a distraction. It is left for government to focus on what is before it.[size=38pt] For the opposition[/size], the government should not even work. So it cannot be said to be a distraction, opposition is allowed everywhere. Read again the yooo babba crew and their assosiate shocked

Some people have raised issues about the quality of the membership of APC which we all know is a merger of the ACN, ANPP and CPC. Some people say what happened in 2011 where the alliance between CPC and ACN did not produce the desired result of fielding a successful candidate, especially at the federal level, will repeat itself. Do you see the APC as an alternative platform to the PDP?

When we talk of the APC, I would rather separate two issues, whether the merger is even going to work is one thing, producing a government that is better than the PDP is another .

About the merger, we all know how it started as an alliance in 2011 but failed practically and theoretically. And the move continued to produce the merger that is now the APC. If you look at the partners, you will discover that the marriage may not last.

When we look at the composition of the ANPP, the same people that could not contain former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari, in 2007 and 2011, he (Buhari) had to leave to form the CPC. So, at what point are they telling us that they have reconciled their differences. And Buhari’s differences with the ANPP were fundamental.

Now, if you look at the A CN, we all know that it has an articulate political agenda, and the Yoruba may be more politically conscious to a point where the Yoruba voter may be redirected to vote the APC. But in the North, the problem is that they might not have the consciousness to adopt the APC as a common platform.

Why do you say so?

That is what is happening now. You can see that with the coming of the APC, the Yoruba people said they do not need the presidency. When the APC held a meeting in the South-west, the Yoruba clearly said they do not need the presidency.

So, the general feeling is that Buhari may pick the APC presidential ticket and we all know that Atiku would never jettison his personal ambition for anybody; he will definitely contest that election (2015).

So, you can see already the North is divided. And, before the end of the year, we are going to have another platform where some of the breakaway governors could contest because they are not actually going ahead with Atiku. All the northern governors that walked out of the PDP National Convention with Atiku are not his bed fellows.

If you look at their antecedents, all of them are Obasanjo boys. They have never had anything in common with Atiku. But Atiku will eventually leave the PDP because of his personal ambition. He knows that it is going to be almost impossible for him to pick the PDP ticket and he must contest. And he cannot join the APC; so he got his associates to register the PDM which has, all along, been the political organisation which he inherited from General Yar’Adua.

Now, instead of him to just move out, to his PDM, he has to cause commotion. The mainstream PDP would be looking at the crack in the party but that is not the end of it. Whatever the reconciliation effort may be, Atiku is not going back. He will eventually end up in PDM, where he will contest the presidential election.

Could give us an insight into the game plan of the politicians in the North who are against the present government that led to all of these?

What we have today is a conscious North and the northern political elite. Before now, wherever the elite went, the crowd followed them. But, now, it is no longer the same. People have started thinking that they should not allow the elite take them wherever they go.

By the virtue of my position as a journalist and Coordinator of the Northern Emancipation Network, I have had the opportunity of meeting some of these northern elite to discuss.

Most of us in the Northern Emancipation Network and our affiliates do not see the necessity of the North insisting on the presidency in 2015 or any time in the near future. Our reason is that if holding central power is the key to the success of a people, then the North ought to have been the most successful region in Nigeria. If that yardstick is true, the Igbo ought to have been the most backward because they have not in practical terms had power at the centre.

The North held power for the most part of Nigeria’s existence as an independent nation yet we are the most backward.
[size=28pt]
The Igbo that have not held power is by far the most advanced technogically and economically.[/size] From oga mallam; not ikeyman [/b]op u hear

Why? It is either power at the centre is not enough to develop a people or the northern political elite misused it

Some of them who told the nation that our public infrastructure cannot work even if the entire public funds were invested in them are the same people now telling us that they can make the facilities work under privatization. These is the type of people we had as leaders from the North and they are the same people who are transforming either through their children or their wives or brothers. [b]Read again

Some northerners of your class sound very bitter about Nigeria than people of Igbo extraction because, just as you said, the region held power for a long time and the power was meant for the holders alone.

The motive is personal. It has nothing to do with the larger North. The northern political elite believe the region is their personal asset.[size=28pt] REad again[/size] They started this rotation thing when they made Obasanjo president. Because it has not been the entire North handling the region’s political situation, it reclaimed power in 2007 under Yar’Adua.

The North had the opportunity to place itself appropriately to reclaim power after President Jonathan if it had played the right card but it played the wrong card when Yar’Adua was sick. None of these elders came out to do the right thing by asking Jonathan, who was then Yar’Adua’s deputy, to take over. Instead, they fought this man until God took power and handed it to him. [size=28pt]READ AGAIN[/size]

The elite did that claiming they were doing it for the North. Some of us were talking then but our voice was not loud.

The impression you are creating is that the crisis we are witnessing especially in the North was precipitated by the elite.

What crisis? We have political and security challenges.

By your reckoning, has it anything to do with the struggle for power come 2015?

It may not have been directly incited by the northern elite but it must have been caused by their actions or inaction. For instance, in Yobe and Borno states where the insurgency started, you have situations where by some people were governors and, after their tenure, they moved on to the Senate and their wives into the House of Reps or were given other government appointments as if they were the only families in their states.

Go round the North and see the type of schools our children attend. Today we have a generation that is no longer prepared to be slaves to the northern elite.

Six years ago, if someone tells you that a northerner will pick up a gun go to a mosque or church to kill people, you may not believe. But now it is happening; the elite created it either knowingly or unknowingly.

The Emir of Kano wept in the public three times because of the activities of these boys. The Emir of Zauzzau is protected by military men in his palace.

What is your group all about?

The agenda is to enlighten the northern population that it is time to tell the elite that what they have taken is enough. We are no longer prepared to be slaves. They have enslaved our grandparents, parents and we are not going to allow them to enslave us and their children enslave our children. As it has been for generations, they are now, seeing a different northern picture.

It is no longer business as usual where you just come out and say we are northerners

Are you saying that those who claim to be the northern leaders are not representing you?

Categorically we have said it. Maybe they are older than we are; so they call themselves elders. They could be older but they are not statesmen. It is the same people that have brought division in the north

So op with all that political sophistication u protrude the north with; this is it! right? This is wat it trisect to abi?

It either u have lived abroad for far too long or u are just out of touch. wat do u know self?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/2015-jonathan-has-edge-over-the-north-sulaimon/

once again like i re-instate u thread is useless as far as Nigeria is concern; u are simply out of touch mannnnnnnnnnnn!;

op there must be something wrong with ur head; seriously are u ok?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Government Approves N42bn For Roads Rehabilitation And Construction / CBN Introduces Bank Verification Number (BVN) To All Banks / APGA: Obi’s Resignation, Premeditated APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.