Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Atheism Is Irrational. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is Irrational. (7400 Views)

Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. / Christianity Is Irrational (10 questions) / 3 Reasons Why Theism Is Irrational Compared To Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by italo: 8:22am On Oct 08, 2013
See Logicboy running from pillar to post.

First you said "it is possible God exists."

What did you mean by "God?"
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 08, 2013
aManFromMars:
What are these 'evidence'?

I tire oooo.....

They keep shouting evidence for God but never put any forward.....
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 08, 2013
italo: See Logicboy running from pillar to post.

First you said "it is possible God exists."

What did you mean by "God?"

Logicboy Dictionary of Religion
God- (noun)
-the skydaddy that created the world. He is normally in spirit form which is why he cant be seen.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:27am On Oct 08, 2013
italo:

*new convert alert?*

I hear you say "possible."

So you believe I'm dating Rihanna?
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by italo: 8:27am On Oct 08, 2013
aManFromMars:

Lol @ new converts.

GOD is an ambiguous word. By God, what exactly do you mean? A conscious being that dictates and rules the universe? A summation of our ignorance? A being that initiated our universe and got killed in the Big Bang?

Your argument fails to show how claiming 'a' doesn't exist is irrational, when we have no evidence for 'a'. What's truly irrational is claiming 'a' exists without any proof and asking others to disprove you.

Which God/gods do the Atheists disbelieve in. If one doesnt know what 'a' is, how then can he be certain that 'a' doesnt exist.

This still proves Atheism to be irrational.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by italo: 8:31am On Oct 08, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Alfa Seltzer:

I neither believe nor disbelieve it. I simply dont care.

It is not impossible that you are dating Rihanna.

Is it possible that God/deities exist?
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 08, 2013
italo:

Which God/gods do the Atheists disbelieve in. If one doesnt know what 'a' is, how then can he be certain that 'a' doesnt exist.

This still proves Atheism to be irrational.
A better question is if one has no evidence for 'a', how can one claim 'a' acts in such and such manner? Is such a person to be taken seriously?

Desists and theists do not have an idea what form 'a' takes, religion seeks to give this 'a' some sort of form. A Christians interpretation of 'a' differs based on his/her denomination e.g Trinity where a!=a!=a.

It's honest and rational to wait for evidence.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by italo: 8:34am On Oct 08, 2013
@ Logicboy,

My work should be done here with you.

You used to shout "God doesnt exist" and mock believers.

Now you believe God/gods possibly exist and believers might be right.

Thank you, my good friend.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 08, 2013
italo:

@ bold thats an irrational position to take.

You either believe or disbelieve.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 08, 2013
Italo, give up.....you have no points
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by italo: 8:38am On Oct 08, 2013
aManFromMars:
A better question is if one has no evidence for 'a', how can one claim 'a' acts in such and such manner? Is such a person to be taken seriously?

Desists and theists do not have an idea what form 'a' takes, religion seeks to give this 'a' some sort of form. A Christians interpretation of 'a' differs based on his/her denomination e.g Trinity where a!=a!=a.

It's honest and rational to wait for evidence.

We will handle Theists in another thread.

This one is about Atheists.

How can they assert that 'a' doesnt exist when they dont even know what 'a' is?

Rational or irrational?
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by italo: 8:40am On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

@ bold thats an irrational position to take.

You either believe or disbelieve.

Says who?

Do you believe I am standing now?

Do you believe I am in my house?
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 08, 2013
italo:

Rational or irrational?

Many atheists were christians....they know at least the christian definition of God. C'mon..
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:42am On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

I tire oooo.....

They keep shouting evidence for God but never put any forward.....
you are enough evidence. Creation is enough evidence. The fact that the bible tells about your stance and accurately & completely analyzes and predicts human behaviour is enough evidence

What more do you want?
Don't worry, I'll come and hold a crusade in your house grin grin
When you see the sick healed and miracles performed and the hand of God in words, you MIGHT believe grin
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by italo: 8:43am On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Many atheists were christians....they know at least the christian definition of God. C'mon..

Oh! I thought you 'gave up.'

I was talking to amanfrommars who asked me to define God.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 08, 2013
italo:

Oh! I thought you 'gave up.'

I was talking to amanfrommars who asked me to define God.

I was asking you to give up.

You were talking to one person but you were using plurals...lol
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: you are enough evidence. Creation is enough evidence.
Evidence for who? The creator or the created?

Did God need us to be God? Coz if seems without us, he's pretty useless. And bored.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: you are enough evidence. Creation is enough evidence. The fact that the bible tells about your stance and accurately & completely analyzes and predicts human behaviour is enough evidence

What more do you want?
Don't worry, I'll come and hold a crusade in your house grin grin
When you see the sick healed and miracles performed and the hand of God in words, you MIGHT believe grin

1) No creation. My body is evidence that human beings evolved. Simple. It is not evidence for God. God is not written anywhere on my body or on any animal for that matter. Psychology and science predict human behaviour, religion doesnt. In fact, science can explain religion but religion can never explain science.

2) I will make you a deal; if you heal an amputee, I will become a christian and tithe all myhard earned nair n pounds to any church or christian organisation. halleluyah!
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 08, 2013
italo:

Rational or irrational?

Rational, considering 'a' would remain meaningless, if there weren't people striving to give 'a' meaning, structure and purpose. If everyone was atheist, no one would be discussing God.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:52am On Oct 08, 2013
aManFromMars:
Evidence for who? The creator or the created?

Did God need us to be God? Coz if seems without us, he's pretty useless. And bored.

God doesn't need you to be God. He was God before you existed. He just doesn't want his child to perish for his sins
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by MrTroll(m): 8:53am On Oct 08, 2013
italo:

"God doesnt exist."
Pls name some atheists you know who has made such claim.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:54am On Oct 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

1) No creation. My body is evidence that human beings evolved. Simple. It is not evidence for God. God is not written anywhere on my body or on any animal for that matter. Psychology and science predict human behaviour, religion doesnt. In fact, science can explain religion but religion can never explain science.

2) I will make you a deal; if you heal an amputee, I will become a christian and tithe all myhard earned nair n pounds to any church or christian organisation. halleluyah!
I'm not after your hard earned money my friend. I have your best interests at heart, believe it or not. Being a christian is not about religious obligations and ritualistic nonsense. It's not about giving tithes. It's about knowing God, eternal life. The real deal. Do not let my words stand against you.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: God doesn't need you to be God. He was God before you existed. He just doesn't want his child to perish for his sins
But who called Him God? No one.

He was pretty useless. No time, no memories, no future, no past, nothing.
No friend, no work to do. Just lived on and on. Nothing. Useless.

Maybe he was compelled to create or HAD to create to become meaningful. Creation gave him or it a purpose.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: God doesn't need you to be God. He was God before you existed. He just doesn't want his child to perish for his sins

Why did he need to creae humans to worship him then?

Was he lonely?

I mean, if I were God, I would be chilling with other gods rather than begging puny humans to worship me, so that I wont be a jealous god.

I mean, I would organise football matches with the devil. Good vs Evil. God and his angels vs Satan and his demons.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: I'm not after your hard earned money my friend. I have your best interests at heart, believe it or not. Being a christian is not about religious obligations and ritualistic nonsense. It's not about giving tithes. It's about knowing God, eternal life. The real deal. Do not let my words stand against you.
It is a long way from Creator to God to Yahweh to Jesus, so keep the proselytizing on the low for now.. Not needed.. undecided
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:07am On Oct 08, 2013
@ lb and musk
You see why I said you need God
You don't know him or his thoughts and plans and actions
You think God created humans just for worship smh.

It's a shame.

Here's what God had in mind when he made you:
Genesis 1:
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:11am On Oct 08, 2013
italo:

Hehehe. Xtians are laughable.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by MrTroll(m): 9:12am On Oct 08, 2013
Now, let me make a simple statement in this thread. . .

Italo, all the atheists you see here always argue against religious notions of god. You see, all religions try to define what their god is and should look like. Sadly, such notions have been found wanting and sometimes pretty ridiculous. As for me, i categorically state that all religious notions of gods are false and lack evidence so i don't believe in any of them.

As for Deists like DeepSight, what he is simply doing is shifting his god to the outer spheres of human knowledge. Plugging our ignorance with GOD!!!

We simply do not know how the universe really came about and all these gods are just desperate attempts at plugging our ignorance with something. . .
As soon as you define your god you begin to see its flaws and improbability. It is possible that something caused the universe but we don't know for sure, we can only speculate. Atheists are rational because they don't just believe without evidence, they disbelieve until evidence is provided.
When you say god created this universe, Mazaje asks which god? This is because everybody has their own notion of such god and they are all contradictory. It is not enough to shout GOD!!!

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:14am On Oct 08, 2013
Yes. God gave man authority
Adam became the 'god' of this world. He was to enfore and dominate and subdue this realm with God's light.
But man rebelled and satan became the 'god' of this world

God intervened. He still intervenes today through the ones he has set free from satans dominion.

But man still rebels
Why do you rebel
Why do you rebel against God?

Very soon, all sin and rebellion will be crushed under the wrath of judgement.

Repent logicboy. For the kingdom of God is at hand; Now more than ever before.

This is the message we preach.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 08, 2013
Mr Troll: Now, let me make a simple statement in this thread. . .

Italo, all the atheists you see here always argue against religious notions of god. You see, all religions try to define what their god is and should look like. Sadly, such notions have been found wanting and sometimes pretty ridiculous. As for me, i categorically state that all religious notions of gods are false and lack evidence so i don't believe in any of them.

As for Deists like DeepSight, what he is simply doing is shifting his god to the outer spheres of human knowledge. Plugging our ignorance with GOD!!!

We simply do not know how the universe really came about and all these gods are just desperate attempts at plugging our ignorance with something. . .
As soon as you define your god you begin to see its flaws and improbability. It is possible that something caused the universe but we don't know for sure, we can only speculate. Atheists are rational because they don't just believe without evidence, they disbelieve until evidence is provided.
When you say god created this universe, Mazaje asks which god? This is because everybody has their own notion of such god and they are all contradictory. It is not enough to shout GOD!!!

GBAM angry
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:16am On Oct 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: @ lb and musk
You see why I said you need God
You don't know him or his thoughts and plans and actions
You think God created humans just for worship smh.

It's a shame.

Here's what God had in mind when he made you:
Genesis 1:
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

So we are not talking of Vishnu here then. My bad.
Re: Atheism Is Irrational. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:19am On Oct 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: Yes. God gave man authority
Adam became the 'god' of this world. He was to enfore and dominate and subdue this realm with God's light.
But man rebelled and satan became the 'god' of this world

God intervened. He still intervenes today through the ones he has set free from satans dominion.

But man still rebels
Why do you rebel
Why do you rebel against God?

Very soon, all sin and rebellion will be crushed under the wrath of judgement.

Repent logicboy. For the kingdom of God is at hand; Now more than ever before.

This is the message we preach.

Rewind. Hit PLAY. Rewind. Hit PLAY. Rewind. Hit PLAY.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Review Of The "10 Things The Bible Never Said About Creation" By Kingebukasblog / Get Daily Prayer Point & Pray With Pastor Chris Every Mon, Wed & Fri On Twitter / Asiri Nla Loju Ona Sufi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.