Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock (15602 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan New Year Message To Nigerians / The New PDP Campaign Pattern (Photo) / President Jonathan's New Year Message To The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
Breaking News: Jonathan, New PDP governors begin meeting in Aso Rock

A meeting between President Goodluck Jonathan and governors loyal to the Alhaji Abaubakar Kawu Baraje faction of the ruling Peoples Democratic party (PDP) is underway in Abuja.

Only three out of the seven governors of the faction known as New PDP are available for the meeting – Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, Alhaji Babangida Aliyu of Niger State and Alhaji Kwankwaso of Kano State.

“Yes, the meeting is ongoing,” a competent source told News Express.

The New PDP had sought to have the meeting postponed due to the non-availability of its National Chairman Baraje and four state governors who have travelled to Saudi Arabia for the Hajj but President Jonathan preferred otherwise. The meeting, at the First Lady’s Wing of the Aso Rock seat of power in Abuja, is a follow-up to the one held on September 15 that involved the seven New PDP governors.

Confirming that the meeting would hold, New PDP National Publicity Secretary, Chief Eze Chukwuemeka Eze, said last night in a statement: “The National Chairman of PDP just called from Saudi Arabia around 9pm on 6th October, 2013 to direct that the Governors and stakeholders of PDP under his administration that includes Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, Alh. Babangida Aliyu of Niger State, Alh. Kwankwaso of Kano State who are yet to travel to Mecca should meet with the National Leader of our party and President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency Dr Goodluck Jonathan by 9am on 7th October, 2013 at the seat of power in Abuja to formally obtain permission from Mr. President to shift the meeting date to a more convenient date when all our leaders may have come back from performing the Hajj operation.

“Shifting the meeting to morning period is to allow the mentioned Governors apart from Gov Amaechi to travel to Mecca later in the day of 7th October, 2013 for the Hajj operation. According to the National Chairman, Alh. Kawu Baraje, this step is borne out of the plea by President Jonathan and respect we have for his office.”

•Photo shows New PDP governors.

Source: News Express

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Annie2gud(f): 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ok

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by ckkris: 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
Renegade, outgoing, yesterday men, that have nothing else to offer. Just like ex-governor Orji Uzor Kalu.
Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 07, 2013
Any betting (wo)man prepared to make a flutter on this one?

Odds:
1/3 - There will be no resolution whatsoever
9/1 - G7 will claim victory without letting on about what was agreed
5/1 - Gulak and Abati will lay claim to an agreement which favours the President
30/1 - Jonathan waves the white flag by acceding to ALL G7 demands
300/1 - EFCC arrests all attending governors after meeting

#Nairaland Bookmakers#

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2013
eGuerrilla: Any betting (wo)man prepared to make a flutter on this one?

Odds:
9/1 - G7 will claim victory
5/1 - Gulak and Abati will lay claim to a compromised agreement which favours the President

#eGuerrilla Bookmarkers#

More like that in bold....
Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
ilugunboy:

More like that in bold....

ilugunboy, what is the wager?

NL10,000? NL100,000? grin

NL = Nairaland
Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by kingbang: 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
From G7 to G3? lol

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2013
eGuerrilla:

ilugunboy, what is the wager?

NL10,000? NL100,000? grin

NL = Nairaland

100% wager!!! cheesy
Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Danhumprey: 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
Meetings upon meetings!

When would they settle their beef and get back to their work of developing their states in particular and Nigeria in general? angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by malc619(m): 2:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
ckkris: Renegade, outgoing, yesterday men, that have nothing else to offer. Just like ex-governor Orji Uzor Kalu.

Usual thrash...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by gratieao: 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
Wish them patience and Gudluck

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by gratieao: 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2013
ilugunboy:

100% wager!!! cheesy
Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Fkforyou(m): 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2013
This meeting is just to their own self intrest not to the Nigerian people....Selfish Bastards.... angry

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
I want 2 comment,should I?
Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by fkaz(m): 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
kingbang: From G7 to G3? lol

And you failed to use your sense to digest the write up, what a shame

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by kingbang: 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
fkaz:

And failed to use your sense, to digest the write up what a shame

And you failed yo use your sense to punctuate the thrash you wrote. Ewu awusa!
Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2013
kingbang:

And you failed yo use your sense to punctuate the thrash you wrote. Ewu awusa!

You've started your altercation and insults of community members.....and when the Mod decides to ban you again, you will be crying and begging all over the forum.

Can you ever go a day on this forum without getting into trouble with the mods?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2013
While politicians continue with their pointless meetings, let's spare a thought for the 10.5 million Nigerian kids who do not have the "privilege" of an education.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by kingbang: 3:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
ilugunboy:

You've started your altercation and insults of community members.....and when the Mod decides to ban you again, you will be crying and begging all over the forum.

Can you ever go a day on this forum without getting into trouble with the mods?

Insult? I just returned a favor to an ill-mannered fella. Its quite amateurish the way you are trying to incite the particular MOD we know about his biased approach. Sadly for you, its game up so please mind your damn business. Lest i forget, you and your fellow tribalists should have been given a lifelong ban but i wonder why you guys have been left to fan the embers of tribalism on Nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Gbawe: 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2013
eGuerrilla: Any betting (wo)man prepared to make a flutter on this one?

Odds:
9/1 - G7 will claim victory
5/1 - Gulak and Abati will lay claim to an agreement which favours the President

#eGuerrilla Bookmakers#

Fairly conservative punts here. We need more speculative odds eg EFCC arrest all attending G7 Governors after the meeting or GEJ pledges to accede to all the demands of the G7. 'Spice it up' bookmaker.
Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by solomon111(m): 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
Lol.
Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
kingbang:

Insult? I just returned a favor to an ill-mannered fella. Its quite amateurish the way you are trying to incite the particular MOD we know about his biased approach. Sadly for you, its game up so please mind your damn business. Lest i forget, you and your fellow tribalists should have been given a lifelong ban but i wonder why you guys have been left to fan the embers of tribalism on Nairaland.

Where are the mods to come and put a leash on this guy's neck as usual... cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
Gbawe:

Fairly conservative punts here. We need more speculative odds eg EFCC arrest all attending G& Governors after the meeting or GEJ pledges to accede to all the demands of the G7. 'Spice it up' bookmaker.

Alright, I will include these additional choices.
Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Gbawe: 3:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Alright, I will include these additional choices.

Good. Off to the e-bookies to place my bet. grin grin
Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by solomon111(m): 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2013
ilugunboy:

Where are the mods to come and put a leash on this guy's neck as usual... cheesy grin
if anyone need a leash,it's you.
They should've hanged a mill over your neck and thrown you into the sea a long time ago.
Crazed bigot.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Fazhy: 3:50pm On Oct 07, 2013
The National Chairman of PDP just called from Saudi Arabia around 9pm on 6th October, 2013

I like that statement. They are no longer calling themselves nPDP.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Orikinla(m): 3:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
One PDP, One Nigeria.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand".
~ Messiah Jesus Christ.
Matthew 12:25 (New King James Version)
Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Bosco5551(m): 3:53pm On Oct 07, 2013
I reserve my comment. I reserve my comment. I reserve my comment.
Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by kingbang: 3:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
ilugunboy:

You should be put on permanent leash. grin grin grin. You add nothing to Nairaland except tribalism and bigotry.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by abatajjvii: 3:55pm On Oct 07, 2013
hmmmmmmmmm

when will this Mr GEJ stop all this meetings and committees stuff?

jagaban is back now again i can foresee urgent meeting looming around the corner

lets watch and see what he has to tell them again

on crossed legs

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Orikinla(m): 3:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
THE MEETING OF BARAJE LED PDP WITH THE PRESIDENCY ON HOW TO FIND A WAY OUT OF THE QUAGMIRE FACING PDP STILL HOLDS ON 7TH OCTOBER, 2013

Alh. Abaubakar Kawu Baraje the National Chairman of PDP just called from Saudi Arabia around 9pm on 6th October, 2013 to direct that the Governors and stakeholders of PDP under his administration that includes Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, Alh. Babangida Aliyu of Niger State, Alh. Kwankwaso of Kano State who are yet to travel to Mecca should meet with the National Leader of our party and President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency Dr Goodluck Jonathan by 9am on 7th October, 2013 at the seat of power in Abuja to formally obtain permission from Mr. president to shift the meeting date to a more convenient date when all our leaders may have come back from performing the Haji operation.

Shifting the meeting to morning period is to allow the mentioned Governors apart from Gov Amaechi to travel to Mecca later in the day of 7th October, 2013 for the Haji operation.

According to the National Chairman, Alh. Kawu Baraje, this step is bore out of the plea by President Jonathan and respect we have for his office.

Thanks.

Long live PDP!

Long live Nigeria!!!

Chief Eze Chukwuemeka Eze

National Publicity Secretary, PDP
Re: Jonathan, New PDP Governors Begin Meeting In Aso Rock by Abok1(m): 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2013
Our dear nelipot president is more concerned about the prospects of winning the next general election hence the preference for solving the quagmire in his party. This is a win win situation for the politicians who are hell bent on being thelemic to the detriment of the masses. Nothing is being done about the current situation with our tertiary instution, the youths are condemned to a wanweird.

This is very surprising because its coming for a seemingly different president, one whom the whole populace voted for with the hope that he would identify with the masses. The initial petrichor as proved to be a façade because it remains business as usual for the ruling class. At the end of all these things, the masses are on the losing end, due to the continual disregard of the feelings of the people by the cacoethes in power.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Resign If You Can’t Stop Killings By Herdsmen – Groups Tell Buhari / Hassan Tukur Arrested By EFCC / PDP Leaders Angry Over Jonathan’s Silence As Crisis Rocks Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.