Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Girl Dumps Boy To Test The Waters..is This Right...and Properly Done? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girl Dumps Boy To Test The Waters..is This Right...and Properly Done? (1943 Views)

Guys: Reasons Why Your Girl Dumps You For Other Guys. / Sad! Girl Dumps Boyfriend Of 16 Yrs And Ran Away After Winning $1million Lottery / 9 Things Ladies Do To Test If A Guy Truly Loves Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girl Dumps Boy To Test The Waters..is This Right...and Properly Done? by kokoye(m): 5:20pm On Oct 07, 2013
True Story - I know the kids involved.

Boy and girl live in same neighbourhood (Houston Tx) and have been dating since high school ..going on 6 years now. Boy (now 21) got into a Chicago uni last year but flies home regularly because of the girl. ..all is well.

Girl (now 19) is starting University of Houston this fall, will be leaving in a hostel and already has been invited to join a sorority. Her first time of staying away from her parents and is obviously excited about all the fun that awaits her.

Girl calls the boy that there's something they need to discuss face to face. Loverboy flies to Houston right away to meet with the girl so they can discuss.

Girl breaks up with boy. Reason - she's just starting her life and wants to tests the waters...meet new guys, enjoy her sorority, enjoy the freedom of not living with her parents, etc.

Boy gets home and starts crying furiously. His parents are furious that boy wasted time and over $250 to fly to Houston only to be dumped..when he should have been back in school facing his studies.

I personally agree with what the girl did ...but she should have saved him money and time by dumping him over the phone.

I just discussed this with my wife..she said she hopes her own son does not fall in love anyhow. I laughed and told her to reverse the genders.. and then think about it.

So, ladies in the house,

- did the girl do the right thing by facing reality and breaking up with the boy?

- Flip the script, how would it have sounded if it was the boy that broke up with the girl ..for the same exact reason? Wont he be called callous, mean and heartless?

Re: Girl Dumps Boy To Test The Waters..is This Right...and Properly Done? by Chazzyboy: 6:02pm On Oct 07, 2013
Dat gal na ashawo
Re: Girl Dumps Boy To Test The Waters..is This Right...and Properly Done? by 25omega(m): 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
that girl is a B. she could have sent him a letter or even an email. She made him fly home just to dump his azz? Well tell that boy to count himself lucky because she broke it off before she started whoring her azz out in college. He needs to also go back to school and meet new women. He can surly LovePeddler himself out at school too.

High school love will mostly end if the two parties decide to go away to college.
Re: Girl Dumps Boy To Test The Waters..is This Right...and Properly Done? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:41pm On Oct 07, 2013
Chazzyboy: Dat gal na ashawo
by the nigerian context, yes. But the truth is, will it be better for the girl to be cheating on him (cos she definitely will)?

In a part, its nice she dropped it like that, in the other part, she is clearly,

1. A b!tch if she only wanted to fucck around.

2. A honest person of she just can't go on with the guy.

Kini big deal?
Re: Girl Dumps Boy To Test The Waters..is This Right...and Properly Done? by kokoye(m): 9:03pm On Oct 07, 2013
SLIDE waxie: by the nigerian context, yes. But the truth is, will it be better for the girl to be cheating on him (cos she definitely will)?

In a part, its nice she dropped it like that, in the other part, she is clearly,

1. A b!tch if she only wanted to fucck around.

2. A honest person of she just can't go on with the guy.

Kini big deal?

That's why I agreed with what she did....but she should have done it over the phone.

Again, what if the boy had done the exact same thing a year ago when he moved to college in Chicago.....would we call him an asewo..or call him mean and callous?

1 Like

Re: Girl Dumps Boy To Test The Waters..is This Right...and Properly Done? by Nobody: 4:41am On Oct 08, 2013
1. Good for her for dumping him
but
2. She shouldn't have made him to fly there for it... undecided
Re: Girl Dumps Boy To Test The Waters..is This Right...and Properly Done? by Nobody: 4:51am On Oct 08, 2013
Ehen,and so what? What is bad in what she did.that is absolutely normal,i dont blame her.she is being down to earth.what if she has led the guy on, given the guy the impression she loves him when she doesnt,collect money from the guy on several occassions for food,hair,clothes,books and she knows deep down in her mind that she doesnt want to have anything serious with the guy and be cheating on him while still in school,meets another guy and officially breaks up with him after her graduation,does the guy or his family want to arrest her for that.as far as i am concerned,she broke up in the most polite way and by the way do guys not break up in a worse way e.g replacing a girl and putting himself in such a situation where the lady will catch him cheating and now use that opportunity to tell her its over.so whats with the ashawo,bch,skank,flying all over the thread.what is she wasted his time,emotions,money,heart and resources.she is even a nice girl.many girls i know will not do that,they will collect money from the guy for this and that,use the money for themselves or even use it to cook for another guy and when she graduates,he will come to her house thinking now is the time to propose,only for him to be driven away in such an embarassing manner or get the shock of his life

You guys should get a grip joor besides what was he thinking.a small girl that is just starting her life to stay glued or be faithful to one guy.what for?when he hasnt even proposed or married her.abegiiii

is she the first or would she be the last girl to break up with a guy.will the world end if she dumps his arze
Re: Girl Dumps Boy To Test The Waters..is This Right...and Properly Done? by Mynd44: 4:57am On Oct 08, 2013
She should refund the money he spent to get himself to her place.

She could have done it through skype
Re: Girl Dumps Boy To Test The Waters..is This Right...and Properly Done? by Nobody: 5:05am On Oct 08, 2013
Mynd_44: She should refund the money he spent to get himself to her place.

She could have done it through skype
gringrin see this mynd o. cheesy and if she doesnt? On the basis that i only requested if you can come,which you had an option of saying no,i cant make it,i am busy.you werent forced or coerced or placed on any form of duress,pressure or threat. So the guy came voluntarily.the guy is just compounding matters if he is asking her for a refund
Re: Girl Dumps Boy To Test The Waters..is This Right...and Properly Done? by Nobody: 5:11am On Oct 08, 2013
kokoye:

That's why I agreed with what she did....but she should have done it over the phone.

Again, what if the boy had done the exact same thing a year ago when he moved to college in Chicago.....would we call him an asewo..or call him mean and callous?
nope! Most likely some people will refer to him as a 'sharp guy,smart guy,badt guy,brilliant guy,badoo' etc
Re: Girl Dumps Boy To Test The Waters..is This Right...and Properly Done? by Mynd44: 5:14am On Oct 08, 2013
kulyie: gringrin see this mynd o. cheesy and if she doesnt? On the basis that i only requested if you can come,which you had an option of saying no,i cant make it,i am busy.you werent forced or coerced or placed on any form of duress,pressure or threat. So the guy came voluntarily.the guy is just compounding matters if he is asking her for a refund
You failed to see the sarcasm in my post.

The deeds(dumping, waste of time and waste of money) has been done. He needs to move on and not bite his fingers.

It will hurt and his head will really spin but he will eventually get over it.......or not
Re: Girl Dumps Boy To Test The Waters..is This Right...and Properly Done? by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 08, 2013
Mynd_44:
You failed to see the sarcasm in my post.

The deeds(dumping, waste of time and waste of money) has been done. He needs to move on and not bite his fingers.

It will hurt and his head will really spin but he will eventually get over it.......or not
o,i get,you are right,thats very true smiley
Re: Girl Dumps Boy To Test The Waters..is This Right...and Properly Done? by kokoye(m): 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
kulyie: nope! Most likely some people will refer to him as a 'sharp guy,smart guy,badt guy,brilliant guy,badoo' etc

Agian, that's why i'm trying to get the female perspective on this.

If the guy had dumped the girl when he was about to go to college (just as this lady recently did), what would most ladies, wives and mothers think of him?

I told my wife this story and she said she would discourage her son from ever falling in love.. lol. I then asked her how she would feel if she heard her own mother in-law (my mom) say that. She ignored my question..of course! LOL
Re: Girl Dumps Boy To Test The Waters..is This Right...and Properly Done? by Youngpo413: 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
AlbinoNinja: 1. Good for her for dumping him
but
2. She shouldn't have made him to fly there for it... undecided

Instead for a girl to cheat on me,I would prefer this kind of treatment over and over again,so she did the RIGHT thing for a WRONG reason.

(1) (Reply)

When Last Did You Kiss? / Is it ok to date a guy only for his personality or attraction is necessary?? / My Girl Friend Is A Fisherwoman (advice Needed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.