Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,722 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Three Severely Burnt In Lekki Gas Fire - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Severely Burnt In Lekki Gas Fire (14579 Views)

Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows / Jonathan's Campaign Billboard Burnt In Abuja After Poll Shift / Picture Of Fela Severely Beaten By Nigerian Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Severely Burnt In Lekki Gas Fire by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
Damn..... I need to take more precautions going to the platform.

Am a loyalty card carrying member of their Magodo branch.

God save your son.
Re: Three Severely Burnt In Lekki Gas Fire by ghettodreamz(m): 5:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
jonescyras:
I won't blame you... Oruko lo n roni.(Na name dey turn person!)

Ur Yoruba translation make sense too much. gringringrin
Re: Three Severely Burnt In Lekki Gas Fire by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Three Severely Burnt In Lekki Gas Fire by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Three Severely Burnt In Lekki Gas Fire by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Three Severely Burnt In Lekki Gas Fire by qwinliz(f): 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
was there no security officer around, this things keep happening in nigeria, because somebody is not doing his or her job well. There should be security around the premises
Re: Three Severely Burnt In Lekki Gas Fire by njuwo(m): 5:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
Rip to them. A doctor summons a woman & asks to know why, after the husband had complained to him dat the woman no longer allows him to sleep with her.

The woman said; I work so hard for d family. It happens like dis, i get ready for work in d mornin, i take a taxi to work, on gettin dere, dere's no money on me, d taxi driver asks; do u want to pay or what? I go for or what. At work, i fail to meet up d daily target, my boss asks; do u want me to sack u or what? I go for or what. Goin back home, i take a taxi, on gettin home, no money on me. The taxi driver asks; do u want to pay or what? I go for or what. Dats it!

The doctor then leans forward and says; So, do u want me to tell ur husband or what?

1 Like

Re: Three Severely Burnt In Lekki Gas Fire by jonescyras(m): 6:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
ghettodreamz:

Ur Yoruba translation make sense too much. gringringrin
Infact,type any word,I go help you translate am!
Re: Three Severely Burnt In Lekki Gas Fire by Berrywall: 6:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Three Severely Burnt In Lekki Gas Fire by gretafutor: 7:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
Lionbite: Dont mind all those guys that got burnt jare, They are just looking for Fame.

Are u sure u are alright?cos i think u need deliverance. Y dnt u go look 4 dat kind of fame.
Re: Three Severely Burnt In Lekki Gas Fire by Ajiswaggs(m): 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
Rip
Re: Three Severely Burnt In Lekki Gas Fire by Trustgt(m): 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
ilugunboy: Damn..... I need to take more precautions going to the platform.

Am a loyalty card carrying member of their Magodo branch.

God save your son.

God will always protect His own.

Do you stay in the brooks?
Re: Three Severely Burnt In Lekki Gas Fire by Godyke(m): 1:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
I don't know whether to believe this story or not. When the journalist who are used to feeding us with half baked truth were prevented from entering the premises for full details of what really happened. How is it possible to steal gas product from a tanker when it's not PMS, AGO or DPK. What quantity will they be able to scoop, and move out considering the conditions through which they went in and the time in question being just 5.30am. The best the thieves could do was to either steal brand new empty cylinders or already filled ones for sale in the open market. That is the essence of scaling the fence in the first place.
Re: Three Severely Burnt In Lekki Gas Fire by ooshinibos: 8:53pm On Oct 09, 2013
DR Congo: Cursed by its natural wealth

Continue reading the main story
The Democratic Republic of Congo is potentially one of the richest countries on earth, but colonialism, slavery and corruption has turned it into one of the poorest, writes historian Dan Snow.
The world's bloodiest conflict since World War II is still rumbling on today.
It is a war in which more than five million people have died, millions more have been driven to the brink by starvation and disease and several million women and girls have been raped.
The Great War of Africa, a conflagration that has sucked in soldiers and civilians from nine nations and countless armed rebel groups, has been fought almost entirely inside the borders of one unfortunate country - the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Many of the country's mining operations are connected to the waters of the mighty Congo River
It is a place seemingly blessed with every type of mineral, yet consistently rated lowest on the UN Human Development Index, where even the more fortunate live in grinding poverty.
I went to the Congo this summer to find out what it was about the country's past that had delivered it into the hands of unimaginable violence and anarchy.
The journey that I went on, through the Congo's abusive history, while travelling across its war-torn present, was the most disturbing experience of my career.
I met rape victims, rebels, bloated politicians and haunted citizens of a country that has ceased to function - people who struggle to survive in a place cursed by a past that defies description, a history that will not release them from its death-like grip.
The Congo's apocalyptic present is a direct product of decisions and actions taken over the past five centuries.
Continue reading the main story
In the late 15th Century an empire known as the Kingdom of Kongo dominated the western portion of the Congo, and bits of other modern states such as Angola.
It was sophisticated, had its own aristocracy and an impressive civil service.
When Portuguese traders arrived from Europe in the 1480s, they realised they had stumbled upon a land of vast natural wealth, rich in resources - particularly human flesh.
The Congo was home to a seemingly inexhaustible supply of strong, disease-resistant slaves. The Portuguese quickly found this supply would be easier to tap if the interior of the continent was in a state of anarchy.
They did their utmost to destroy any indigenous political force capable of curtailing their slaving or trading interests.
Money and modern weapons were sent to rebels, Kongolese armies were defeated, kings were murdered, elites slaughtered and secession was encouraged.
By the 1600s, the once-mighty kingdom had disintegrated into a leaderless, anarchy of mini-states locked in endemic civil war. Slaves, victims of this fighting, flowed to the coast and were carried to the Americas.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zoning Formulas & Our Polity – By Charly Boy / Afenifere To Boko Haram: Our Ancestors Will Finish You / No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.