Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,065 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (168912 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ceecee0703(m): 8:17am On Nov 18, 2015
geosegun:
Anyway, I came into the tread a little bit late. but never mind. You can see my ID. I am a geologist as well as a geophyscist. You may ask me any technical and theoretical question pertaining to oil and gas issues and a bit of engineering. Be it seismic interpretation & geological interpretation, attributes generation and analysis, synthetics, velocity modelling and its applications, AVO and etc. I am the busy type but I will try as much as possible to put you guys through whatever questions you have.

You guys need to take the bull by the horn and start from somewhere. I started from geotechnical (soil test) then to water borehole drilling before going into oil/gas services. I am a geoscience trainer by profession and would like to pass the knowledge I have across.

Do not hesitate to ask questions about Seismic stratigraphy, depositional environment. simplification of the Niger delta basin. Depth conversion. Amplitude data and its usefulness. prospect quantification, petrophysics, uncertainty and risk analysis. You want to know more about Kingdom software, I am the right person to ask. Trust me.

Cheers.
Wish you guys all the best

Thank you sir....please i would love to ask you sir you seem to have gone through the trends i went through....water testing and borehole drill supervising. sir, how do i get into oil and gas are there courses i should do?

am A graduate of Unizik completed service 2013. With 3.35/5.00 CGPA. please what do u advise i do sir?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by vislabraye(m): 10:34pm On Nov 18, 2015
imag5:
Strictly for Geophysicists, Geologist, Petroleum Engineers. Let's discuss the future. In terms of career development, job prospects, also we will be discussing about various oil and gas activities in Nigeria.

Anyway, let me start by introducing myself, my name is Imagwe Marcus, a graduate of geophysics. All contributions are welcome. The future belongs to those who are well prepared for it. Thanks and God bless.

Cool. How about those going into drilling fluid engineering ?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 5:25am On Nov 19, 2015
vislabraye:

Cool. How about those going into drilling fluid engineering ?
sure you welcome
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by vislabraye(m): 9:06am On Nov 19, 2015
imag5:
sure you welcome

My first degree is mathematics, and I've undergone a programme in drilling fluid. What should I do from here ?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by goodysnoopy: 7:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
Why is this trend silent for some time now.... Pls all opinion/advise is always good ... Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by mosexyl(f): 11:30am On Dec 05, 2015
pls i need someone who is good at interpreting geochemical data. contact 08070843505. itz urgent. pls
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by rhazhaqh: 1:23pm On Dec 05, 2015
my name is mr adedokun, graduate of geophysics, please add me up to the whatspp group, my number is 08063816216
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Saryea83: 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2015
mosexyl:
pls i need someone who is good at interpreting geochemical data. contact 08070843505. itz urgent. pls

Just spoke with u few minutes ago! Will do for u
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by onyeogalu1(m): 10:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
please I need winresist and Ipiwin software. Kindly help me out. Thanks.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by spartan07(m): 1:11pm On Dec 11, 2015
IN
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by osaki(m): 4:55pm On Dec 11, 2015
Geophysicists,.......add me to forum wats app 08037074358
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Sammypedro18(m): 8:31am On Dec 18, 2015
Am a Geology student in Uniport, 300lvl. Pls someone should add me to d group chat, would really love to interact more with fellow earth n mining scientist. 08035703399
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ethan015(m): 1:41am On Dec 20, 2015
I'm working on structural interpretation of a field (offshore) Niger delta using a 3D seismic data and well logs. Yet to begin analysis with either Petrel or Kingdom suite. I need ideas and guide with the analysis pls. I'm a newbie in seismic but good in potential fields (magnetics and gravity).

Someone should help me with procedures and interpretation modules.

Thank you
microsoftlink@yahoo.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ekeoms: 6:15pm On Dec 20, 2015
I'm a 300l student of the university of portharcourt, currently studying petroleum engineering, I really want to appreciate Y'all for what y'all are doing for a better NIGERIA!!! I could use the help myself, so I won't mind if am added to the whatsapp groupchat here is my no. 07084361893 Thanks admin!! INFORMATION IS POWER! So let's make this work! MERRY XMASS
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 20, 2015
Physics graduate. July 2015 waiting to Be mobilsed. Unimaid
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 20, 2015
Asapcymg:
Physics graduate. July 2015 waiting to Be mobilsed. Unimaid
here is my no. To be added on Whatsapp pls 08068554612
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by neyofather(m): 9:00pm On Dec 20, 2015
Come and register with us for your training on Seismic Interpretation and Fundamental of Petrophysics @ Bene Lead Global Institute.

We are an excellence-driven research institute committed to helping YOU succeed by upgrading your competency level to take on the world's "geo-market"!

COURSE MODULES
•Loading of 2D/3D seismic reflection data.
•Picking of faults
•Loading of well logs
•Well log correlation
•Seismic-to-well tie using synthetic seismogram,checkshot data
•Mapping of reservoirs tops and base
•Generation of time structures map
•Generation of depth structures map using checkshot data.
•Calculation of petrophysical parameters
E.g reserve estimate.
•Generation of various attributes maps
E.g sweetness map, RMS map, Upper loop and so on
•Generation of various crossplots e.g porosity crossplots and so on.
•identification of various system tracts both on well logs and on seismic section.
•Deduce environment of deposition based on lithofacies units.
•Identification of prospects/ zones.

Office Address: 1st Floor, Aperin House, Micheal and solomon bus stop, Ajiwe, Ajah, Lagos.

For registratn&enquiry contact:
Favour:08162545654
Niyi:08066738612.

Please pass on to interested persons in the geoscience and physics field.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
Happy Christmas and New year celebration to everyone...what a remarkable year it has been for us, so many ups and down, oil price drop, so many layoff, in all these we are so thankful for life.
2016 is around the corner make plans to get your self's relevant skills for the future. ...
Am back fully will be sharing so much on what is going to be trending next year.

Happy Christmas all.
Imag5

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Akosxxx(m): 7:12am On Dec 24, 2015
imag5:
Happy Christmas and New year celebration to everyone...what a remarkable year it has been for us, so many ups and down, oil price drop, so many layoff, in all these we are so thankful for life.
2016 is around the corner make plans to get your self's relevant skills for the future. ...
Am back fully will be sharing so much on what is going to be trending next year.

Happy Christmas all.
Imag5
Compliments Of The Season.
kindly add me to the whatsapp group
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by wizzyrainy(m): 11:06am On Dec 24, 2015
Akosxxx:

Compliments Of The Season.
kindly add me to the whatsapp group >07068241093
pls add me! Am a geophysicist 08162847997
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 24, 2015
For those looking to upgrade their skill set, i will be taking a Free training on NON DESTRUCTIVE TESTING NDT LEVEL 2 for petroleum engineers,geophysicist, mechanical engneer,physicist electrical,rope acess,mech technician,

this training is sponsor by NDT4AFRICA IN PARTNERSHIP WITH HITECHNDT INDIA, training is free and it taking place jan 15th 2016 to jan 27th 2016 in PH.

courses include pipeline inspection
ultrasonic testing,magnetic testing,visual,radiography,dye penetrant test.
application of NDT
oil and gas
aviation
manufacturing plant
refinery
NDT is life
if interested for these free training please send us a mail with name and phone no and course of study.

to ndt4africa@gmail.com
class of 20 only.

certification is optional but training is free.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by benELOHIM7(m): 10:37am On Dec 25, 2015
Seasons greetings. Please does anyone have any idea on petroskill training? If you have undergone the training, please educate me on how to embark on it. I also want to know if its worth it, does it make me relevant in the oil and gas industry? Thank you
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ceecee0703(m): 2:10pm On Dec 25, 2015
imag5:
For those looking to upgrade their skill set, i will be taking a Free training on NON DESTRUCTIVE TESTING NDT LEVEL 2 for petroleum engineers,geophysicist, mechanical engneer,physicist electrical,rope acess,mech technician,

this training is sponsor by NDT4AFRICA IN PARTNERSHIP WITH HITECHNDT INDIA, training is free and it taking place jan 15th 2016 to jan 27th 2016 in PH.

application of NDT
oil and gas
aviation
manufacturing plant
refinery
NDT is life
if interested for these free training please send us a mail with name and phone no and course of study.

to ndt4africa@gmail.com
class of 20 only.

i sent you a mail thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by spartan07(m): 8:25am On Dec 28, 2015
imag5:

application of NDT
oil and gas
aviation
manufacturing plant
refinery
NDT is life

to ndt4africa@gmail.com
class of 20 only.

I just saw this wonderful opportunity....
I have sent you an email via engr_sammy07@gmail.com
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Kingrapha(m): 11:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
I just got admitted to study geophysics at unizik...... it wasn't the course I applied for but I want to know the nature of this discipline the job opportunities and if I can have a future as a geophysicist ......what to expect and how to tackle the courses

I am very lost and your help sir imag5 geosegun will be greatly appreciated

my no. 08148760639
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Godzlove8(m): 11:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
I'm a geology aspirant. I'm so nervous to know which courses to tackle in my 100 level. I mean the courses in level 1 that gives students tough time. Please i need yall advice. God bless u
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by rocoh(m): 11:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
TWO (2) DAYS LEFT

Offshore West Africa Youth Empowerment Programme and Awards 2016
OFA

http://www.opportunitiesforafricans.com/offshore-west-africa-youth-empowerment-programme-and-awards-2016/

http://www.lonadek.com/owa/

The Energy Institute, Lonadek and Offshore West Africa are pleased to present the Offshore West Africa Youth Empowerment Programme which is scheduled to take place on the 26-28 January 2016 at the Eko Hotels & Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos. The event is for a maximum of 300 youths. All undergraduate students from African offshore hydrocarbon producing countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Angola etc) in attendance would qualify for a free one year membership of the Energy Institute (EI), courtesy of the EI.

Conceptualized by Lonadek in collaboration with the Energy Institute Nigeria and UK, the Offshore West Africa Youth Empowerment Programme is owned by Offshore West Africa/PennWell and is designed to provide learning and development opportunities to both students and young professionals who want to establish, develop and build their careers in Oil and Gas. The youth empowerment platform was developed as part of efforts towards building and developing local capacity, capability and competence of youths and young professionals.

The programme launched in 2015, with the inaugural Offshore West Africa Youth Empowerment programme attracting more than 100 delegates, and following on from the success the programme has been significantly expanded in 2016 to host 300 students and young professionals from across West Africa.

The economic bedrock of any country is the active youth population and early age labor force (young professionals). Youth empowerment is a holistic means of education, enlightenment, empowerment and engagement.

Careers in the energy industry is fast changing due to the variable energy source types, rapid technological advancement, fast-changing consumer needs and continuously adapting work environments. Organisations are paying more attention to skills and competencies that are required to optimize and utilize natural resources for energy and power. Emphasis is being laid more on learning and development with continuous professional development being viewed as a major success driver in human capital development.

Registration Process

Interested students and young professionals are enjoined to indicate interests to attend the programme by registering on http://www.lonadek.com/owa/.
Separate entry forms exist for students and young professionals.
Upon registration, applicants will be assigned unique application numbers.
Successful applicants would be notified before the event and then assigned registration numbers which will give them access to the programme.
The students are classified into HND, B.Sc., M.Sc. and PhD while the young professionals are categorized as National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members, unemployed graduates and employed graduates.
Applicants are required to supply their name, position/job title, university name/company name, street address or P.O. Box, city, country, phone number, fax (if available) and email address during registration.

OffShore West Africa Youth Empowerment Programme Award 2016

Interested candidates for the OWA SPA are required to submit a one-page abstract of no more than 500 words on any topic of interest in the Oil and Gas industry vis-a-vis the theme of the 2016 OWA conference : Positioning for a Sustainable Future.
Candidates are encouraged to submit their abstracts via mail to owayepaward@lonadek.com on/before January 15, 2016.
After the deadline, the submitted abstracts will be subjected to a fair evaluation and assessment process by Lonadek using standard technical write up evaluation criteria.
One (1) winner would emerge after screening and the winner’s details will be revealed during the 2016 OWA YEP.
The SPA awardee would receive a complimentary pass to attend the 2017 OWA as a delegate.
The awardee would be prominently featured in the 2017 OWA YEP event guide. Optional mentoring and coaching would be provided.
Award plaques would also be presented to the awardee as a mark of recognition and motivation to fellow students.
The OWA YPA is designed to recognize and reward excellence, commitment and dedication of the young professionals.
The award will reward active participants with robust continuous professional development activities in relation to their personal and professional development such as:

Documented self-development through private studies and research
Involvement in professional groups and committees
Official secondments and engagements on special projects
Work-based activities including on the job learning and development.

Award

The winner would receive a complimentary pass to attend the 2017 OWA as a delegate.
Award plaques would also be presented to the awardee as a mark of recognition and motivation to fellow colleagues
All participating undergraduate students from Ghana and Nigeria will undergo the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program and also receive complimentary membership of the Energy Institute through its Young Professionals Network.

The Youth Empowerment Programme a key CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiative of PennWell, is an integral part of the Offshore West Africa 2016 schedule and is available for a maximum of 300 youths/students. Interested students and young professionals are therefore invited to indicate their interest in either category of award.

For More Information:

Visit the Official Webpage of the Offshore West Africa Youth Empowerment Programme
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ceecee0703(m): 9:41am On Dec 29, 2015
Kingrapha:
I just got admitted to study geophysics at unizik...... it wasn't the course I applied for but I want to know the nature of this discipline the job opportunities and if I can have a future as a geophysicist ......what to expect and how to tackle the courses

I am very lost and your help sir imag5 geosegun will be greatly appreciated

my no. 08148760639

Congrats bro ....its nice am a geologist from Unizik.That's actually before it was broken into geophysics and geology.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.