Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants (4655 Views)

Oluwatogun-Olunleye, Soldier Beheaded By Boko Haram In Baga, Borno / PHOTOS : Patience Jonathan Helping Her Husband Pack Out Of Aso Rock / GEJ At The Notorious Camp Five Creek In 2007 To Plead With The Millitants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by scantee(m): 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2008
Please can some one help me.

I am one of the victim that is experiences the anarchy of situation in bonny island.

I am a resident of bonny island, because i work at the oil and gas industry there.
But i am a non indigene of the island.

We have been given an order to pack out of the island on or before 16th july,2008 or beheaded.

This order was given by the millitant group on sunday, after an attack by the group which claim 8 lives, 4 army men, 3 petty traders and a pregnant woman. On that faithful sunday afternoon.

But the worst of the whole situation is that there is no way to leave the island.
People who try to leave the island where attacked by the same group and butchered them like a goat.

The only way to leave the island is through flying boat. Which must follow the sea that leads to port-harcourt.

But the millitant group where camp in the sea,

hungry is about to finish us here due to no way to bring in foods from p.h.

A cup of rice here is at cost of n190 naira garri n95 indomie small pack of n30 is now n150 naira.

The worst is that people are no more selling it out, they are now keeping it as there own food.

Please i dont know what to do, if some body can help us and plead with government to come to our rescure, by providing us a choper to convey us out of the island.

Please this boys are really serious to bomb the island. Shell, NLNG , and other companies here are about to shut down there systems.

All the expatriates has left the island back to their various countries.

Even now i am writing down this thread, this there is no movement in the island, all banks has shut down.

Please friends help me out of this.

Thanks
god will bless you.

I expect your positive replies
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by chamotex(m): 5:06pm On Jul 01, 2008
i think u need to start praying for a miracle

and where is bonny island?
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by Raimond(m): 5:35pm On Jul 01, 2008
I appreciate your plight, but this has got nothing to do with romance but in response to your post, why don`t you try alerting the relevant security agencies as fast as possible,that could be a start, alongside prayers.
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by Mesmerize(f): 5:37pm On Jul 01, 2008
Did seun delete the politic sec?
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by bigfriend(m): 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2008
Abeg make u guyz no mind d foolish man,dis are d kind of guyz dat go peddling
rumour about.yes dere is problemz in bonny but no 1 i repeat no 1 came out and told any1 to leave d island.infact im reside on d island and waz even cut up in d cross fire.i heard dis same rumour and went 2 see our youth leader,wen i asked himhe also told me it was a lie been peddled by emenies of our beautyful island.pls my fellow nairalanders d government and d comunity are doin everytyn in dere powerz 2 restore total peace back 2 d island,if u leave in bonny island and u are readin dis pls in d name of God go about ur nomal business and stop listenin 2 rumour cos de do notyn but distroy.thanx
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by bigfriend(m): 6:05pm On Jul 01, 2008
if u av a relation here please call him or her and find out prices of goods are still d way de are b4 dis whole crisis.people stll go about dere nomal businesses infact im in a cyber cafe ryt now,site are still open and does dat are workin still wake up and go 2 dere various places of work.my friend dat sent dis post,if u no get money why u no come outright and beg insted of spoilin oda people town.Do u know dat all does dat go about spoilin d name of dis town dat brought dem fame and fortune never leave d town wit anytyn?so my brother b warned stop peddlin lies.4 does wey no know were Bonny de pls check ur map of nigeria
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by otilox(m): 6:20pm On Jul 01, 2008
Guy why u dey yan like this. Stop chasin positivity from the nigerdelta. U alone would be beheaded if u aint careful. rubbish!
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by scantee(m): 7:14pm On Jul 01, 2008
@ chamotex
broda that is the only thing to do.
thanks and help me pray to God to have mercy on us

@ raimond,

is true but security can not do anything to stop these boys, they have already told mr president not to be wasting souls by sending military men to the island, because they can not stop them.

@Mesmerize

brother i know romance is not a forum for this thread, but is because i need help from every body. that is why i decide to post a copy here. thanks for your regard.

@ Studentetc

is true that oil company provides choper for their staffs, but is only for the senior staffs, i am not a senior staff in the company, so i dont have the orportunity to enter the chop.

following the word shut down, i will appreciate if make an equries in the company to know what is really going on, dont do like tharmous.
thnks for your concern

@otilox
i know your from niger-delta
i did not purposly want to spoil the name of your state, i am happy that within you, you know the truth, i am only fighting for my dear life,
if you like the way things is moving in your state that is good for you, i will appreciate if you can open up and tell people how things is i hope they can be of help to your state.

thanks good luck

@big friend

my brother why do you like to worst the matter,
you are seeing death you want to thirst it to comrfirm thats is death.

you called it a rumour, if it is a rumour, why did all the chief of the island both the king ran away.

my brother i know your are an indigene and your fighting for your indigene right,
please i will like you to give me your address in bonny so that i will to your house to eat, as things are not cost in your own house.

please say the truth and it shall set you free.
i pray to God make away for me to leave your area for you.

good luck
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by ateke2(m): 5:01am On Jul 02, 2008
@ bigfriend
Do u expect them to use public address system or go on air to tell the people to leave.
Me thinks this is not a rumour and should be taken seriously.
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by abdurrazaq(m): 10:53am On Jul 02, 2008
I have a brother in the Bonny Island. I just called him now to confirm the story narrated by scantee, he told me that there are rumours of such threat from the Militants and some even claimed to have read it in the Nigerian Tribune. The price of food items there now is very high now, the banks have stopped their operations.

My brother told me that UBA opened yesterday but couldn't operate for the whole day due to news of the approach of the militants.

What I'm saying in a nut shell is that Scantee is not lying at all. Though, there appear to be peace at where my brother is may be it is because he is not anywhere near the oil companies. Not that they are completely freed of fear bacause he told me that gun shot is now normal everyday now since the beginning of the crisis.

The Federal Government should do something fast before things finally get out of hand. sad
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by scantee(m): 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2008
ateke2:

@ bigfriend
Do u expect them to use public address system or go on air to tell the people to leave.
Me thinks this is not a rumour and should be taken seriously.

God bless for your understanding

abdurrazaq link=topic=147159.msg2449056#msg2449056 date=1214992415:

I have a brother in the Bonny Island. I just called him now to confirm the story narrated by scantee, he told me that there are rumours of such threat from the Militants and some even claimed to have read it in the Nigerian Tribune. The price of food items there now is very high now, the banks have stopped their operations.

My brother told me that UBA opened yesterday but couldn't operate for the whole day due to news of the approach of the militants.

What I'm saying in a nut shell is that Scantee is not lying at all. Though, there appear to be peace at where my brother is may be it is because he is not anywhere near the oil companies. Not that they are completely freed of fear bacause he told me that gun shot is now normal everyday now since the beginning of the crisis.

The Federal Government should do something fast before things finally get out of hand. sad

is good as you called your brother to comfirm the truth.
God bless you brother,
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by izeek(m): 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2008
@scantee,
well i wonder y u stayed these long b4 u decided to make a decision to leave.
more so if what u say is true, how are supposed to send u help to an area where banks are not operational?
i think there has to be some kinda getout plan,
findout with others and leave sharp sharp.
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by scantee(m): 7:33pm On Jul 02, 2008
@izeek

my brother, there is no other way to leave except by choper.
all are stranded here, that is why i said if government can provide choper for us we will be grateful

well thanks for your concern
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by Ibime(m): 2:01am On Jul 03, 2008
scantee:

my brother, there is no other way to leave except by choper.
all are stranded here, that is why i said if government can provide choper for us we will be grateful

You can take speedboat straight from Bonny to Port-Harcourt. It is only 45 minutes. My popsie used to fly there by chopper in the morning and come home to PH by 'flying boat' at night. Although with all the militants on the water now, I don't know if this service is still open to non-Ijaws.

Surely your company should handle your evacuation?
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by abdurrazaq(m): 1:53pm On Jul 03, 2008
The only thing to do now is to keep on praying for quick resolution of this war crisis. Imagine people without food for days. My brother had not eaten as at the time I called him yesterday and his friend has a new baby. How will such a baby and his mother be fed in the midst of crisis of this nature. The truth is that both Indigenes and Non-indigenes are now trapped and only God knows their fate. My senior colleague in office called his friend in NLNG, he told him that almost all the Bonny Indigenes are militants now which means the lives of non-indigenes are in danger. He also confirm the report that there is scarcity of food and that he was only lucky to have some foodstuff at home. May this be resolve soon sad
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by ifyalways(f): 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2008
real pathetic story. sad i pray peace be restored soonest.
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by scantee(m): 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2008
@ all

brothers make una help us pray to baba God to save oue lives

@ abdurrazaq
my brother is true, no one know who is who.
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by spankysid: 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2008
make everyone leave. non Niger Deltans dont have business in Niger delta
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by grafikdon: 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2008
spankysid:

make everyone leave. non Niger Deltans don't have business in Niger delta

Coming from someone who is 'located' in 'Atlanta'.
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by ayinba1(f): 9:00pm On Jul 05, 2008
@Scantee
My prayers are with you. DO not cease to call unto the Lord Almighty and keep abreast of news and stay safe. Also let us know how things are going.
@abdurrazaq
Kudos for taking time to check this story out
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by otokx(m): 2:08pm On Jul 07, 2008
I spoke with my friend who stays in NLNG camp at bonny yesterday and she did not mention anything; guess she goes there by chopper though. Hope the militants don't start using RPG to bring down the choppers. The federal government better embark on massive infrastructural development or better just watch as the place turns to another thing. Believe you me those guys have the full support of the people on ground in the villages where the environment is being devastated.
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by aljharem3: 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2011
angry angry angry angry

didn't even see this and yet to have developed nigeria

rubbish angry angry
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by aljharem3: 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2011
spankysid:

make everyone leave. non Niger Deltans dont have business in Niger delta
grin grin grin and yet u have right in abuja lagos and other areas abit

grin grin grin
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by liquid7: 8:54pm On Jul 04, 2011
why are you bringing back posts from 2008?
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by jamace(m): 10:08pm On Jul 04, 2011
^^I wonder o angry
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by emmanjo: 6:21am On Feb 19, 2012
@bigfriend. I am due to work in bonny island in two weeks tym can u help me wit acomodation info for a good self contain for 1 yr, network services, etc. Please this info is important. You can mail me on contempla24@yahoo.co.uk
Re: 16 Days To Pack Out Of Bonny Island Or Be Beheaded By Millitants by Lasinoh: 6:48am On Feb 19, 2012
Is ya fada from 'Bonny Island'?
Wharra yoo dooweeng dia? undecided
Does it look like where Nigerians live? cheesy
Dat na white pipo area for Rivers state o.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/2895119

albanpao, on October 27, 2007, said:

Hi, this camp is for expats that are working in LNG Project in Bonny Island. There are two camps togheter, one for NLG Nigeria people, other for construction plant people. Really you see a golf course, ad it's true, [size=20pt]oil companies tray to make their people confortable also in Nigeria[/size]

(1) (Reply)

INEC Charman Faults US Electoral System / Gov. Godswill Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom Campaigning For Vice President / Nigerian Prophet TB Joshua Banned From South Africa & Zimbabwe, Denied Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.