Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,147 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED (78106 Views)

Discussion / Tithe And The True Storehouse - Malachi 3:10 / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Demainman1: 12:43am On Nov 07, 2013
Bidam: Lol,no wonder you keep eating your tithe..see im big belle grin

I don 'Like' your post grin
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 07, 2013
EMILO2STAY: when has the storehouse which is used to store food turned into the church of christ, and pls let me know of this other point paul was referring to when he wrote romans 8.32. Malachi 3. Was not written to christians, read the whole of malachi so you can get a simple unstanding of the book. Study to show thyself approved. You sound so naive.
always ask the holy spirit for understanding when u read the bible, cos with ur natural mind, u cn't grab it,(this is out of context).
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 07, 2013
Omo-Awori:
@ Uche ernest

I believe a proper understanding of what a 'Storehouse' is will be very useful to everyone.
The origin of the 'Storehouse' in the Temple mentioned in Malachi 3:10 was not part of the original design of the Tabernacle or Temple; they were built during the time of nationwide revival under King Hezekiah to hold the tithes (food products, not money) that should have been coming in every year (2 Chronicles 31:4-11). We should be aware that before this period, the Israelites were not tithing as required under the tithing mandate given by God to support the Levitical tribe and the Priests. Hezekiah commanded his people to prepare 'rooms' in the house of the Lord to bring in all the surplus tithes.

In its original context, the book of Malachi was not written to all of Israel. It was directed at the tribe of Levi and particularly the Priestly clan.
The primary emphasis of Malachi is not the sin of the people in failing to tithe, but the sin if the Levities and Priests in dereliction of duties and misappropriation of the peoples' tithes and sacrificial offering. Malachi is basically an oracle of judgement, which was directed at the Levities and Priests but not the people of Israel. A thorough and deep study of the four chapters of Malachi is very essential in understanding this.

The Church is a spiritual people under grace, not the Law. The tithing mandate was for the natural people in a physical land under a theocratic government.

interesting
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:20am On Nov 07, 2013
Uche ernest: always ask the holy spirit for understanding when u read the bible, cos with ur natural mind, u cn't grab it,(this is out of context).
all you need to understand the bible is a good working brain and a conscience. Maybe the spirit that told you God needs money before he can bless you financialy is not a true spirit afteral, why dont you test the spirit by studying your bible more than you listen to your pastors.

5 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 7:41am On Nov 07, 2013
Bidam: Lol,no wonder you keep eating your tithe..see im big belle grin

But the bible makes it clear in deut 14:22-26 that we should eat our tithes tongue

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 9:42am On Nov 07, 2013
EMILO2STAY: all you need to understand the bible is a good working brain and a conscience.

See why i'm trying to avoid all these theoloGISTS? Its like pouring water into a basket really, or like Jesus said casting pearls. No worry, i go get una time later.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 07, 2013
Pastor Kun:

But the bible makes it clear in deut 14:22-26 that we should eat our tithes tongue
Oh! So you are now claiming to be a farmer abi? Shey you said it's only farmers that pay tithe.tongue
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 07, 2013
EMILO2STAY: all you need to understand the bible is a good working brain and a conscience. Maybe the spirit that told you God needs money before he can bless you financialy is not a true spirit afteral, why dont you test the spirit by studying your bible more than you listen to your pastors.
bro, u make me laugh so well, i appreciate ur intellitual ability. U are so very funny...
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 11:56am On Nov 07, 2013
Bidam: Oh! So you are now claiming to be a farmer abi? Shey you said it's only farmers that pay tithe.tongue

Olodo is it not you and your fellow cohorts that claim to be levites that are entitled to collect tithes. tongue

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 1:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
Candour:

ROM 8:32
'He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?'

God bless you my brother. The above verse opened my eyes to the immeasurable love God has towards me and proved that I don't need to pay him to get my needs met. If I didnt pay my earthly parents to get their love, why should I pay God almighty the father of love? God demands I share my abundance with the needy, whether clergy or laymen, Christian or pagan. This is the giving that pleases him. Read Matt 25:35-40 to know more.

Getting this truth into my spirit helped obliterate the lie that things will be tight for me if I stopped succumbing to extortioners on the pulpit. Then it dawned on me that if they lied about this, then there might be other lies I've been told that needed to be corrected. So started my resolve to embark on intensive personal bible study. The rest as they say is history.

Christ didn't save me from the clutches of sin to now put me in bondage to my fellow men whose only qualification is their boldness and lack of conscience in twisting scriptures for financial gain.

God bless you as you continue to study his word.

Chei @Candour

you dong finish work here.

Am going to send this to one of the greatest religiouse section quote library ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
Bidam: Nobody has said in this forum that you are to offer money to be saved.If they did..point it out.
May be you are like simon the socerer who thought he could offer a bribe to peter for the gift of th Holy Spirit.

what does the curse of not paying tithe do to peoples salvation ?

Bidam:
We have already told you that tithe is not an obligation but a form of giving to God.Christians tithe by Faith and not because someone said they should do so.Thanks.

do you pay gift ?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2013
Bidam: God bless you for the slanders and lies against believers here.It goes to show you salvation is not authentic.Am done speaking with an unbeliever here.

Sharap !

When decent people with conscience are talking, a crook like you also talk.

How can a liar and a thief inherite God's kingdom ?

Should we be afraid of deceitfull men that have brought heavy reproach to christianity ?

Well, christ and the apostle paul did not keep quite when false breathren were concern and we cannot be intimidated by you.

Sorry! The truth must be told.

This are the last days and the true knowledge of God is becoming aboundant

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 1:30pm On Nov 07, 2013
Uche ernest: I dn't think that There is any church(true in-depth church) which do not engage in humanitarian services, all the rich churches in quote do help the needy with the tithes,ask questions, sometimes we need to get our facts right nt jst come and say stuffs u aren't sure abt.

The issue is if tithing is for christians ? The answer is no.
I dont know what you are all about there.

Let alone using money for tithe, a thing the Jews never did.

Smh for you lots.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2013
EMILO2STAY: u should have written this to pastor chris when he said this; ''So you MUST give Him your tithes and your offerings, as God. Actually, you pay your tithe; you don’t
give it, as you would your
free-will offering. So your tithe is not a gift, because you don’t pay a gift.
Keep decieving urself.

Didn't really get what you're on about. Anyway, pastor chris is not here. You are here, i am here and the Bible is here. i think it better that we manage that than engage in unchristian and unprofitable sentiments.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 07, 2013
truthislight:

How can a liar and a thief inherite God's kingdom ?
I thought it is your small shrines littered all over the place that you have inherited.You that you don't believe in the deity of Christ and hell. Why should you think..you are gonna be a part of that kingdom.?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 4:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
EMILO2STAY: actually i have nothing personal against you or the two other popular tithe supporters in this forum, but not just i, jesus said that liars like you and the rest of your likes are of your father the devil who started lying from the begining. It is not an insult call you a fraud, it is what you are, a liar and a deciever. You and the rest of the tithe proponent have been proven wrong over and over again, But instead of admitting the truth, you jump like a frog from malachi 3 to abraham giving a tenth of war spoils and now you have jumped into saying that tithe is a seed. When u sow ten percent you reap ten percent right?
Just know this, there are some people you just cant decieve. We are not all fools.

i understand that you're not subject to the word of God but can you try to be subject to the rules guiding the forum? That we disagree on a particular teaching or view does not call for insults. i'm not here to deceive anyone. i simply answer questions for clarifications and i often notice that such is achieved. The unfortunate thing is the average antitither pratice of engaging in CIRCULAR arguments, running from pillar to post, hole seeking, and resorting to mudslinging and unchristian behaviour.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by DrummaBoy(m): 4:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ododo Oro!:

EMILO2STAY:

actually i have nothing personal against you or the two other popular tithe supporters in this forum,

but not just i, jesus said that liars like you and the rest of your likes are of your father the devil who started lying from the begining.

[size=16pt]It is not an insult (to) call you a fraud, it is what you are, a liar and a deciever.[/size]

You and the rest of the tithe proponent have been proven wrong over and over again, But instead of admitting the truth, you jump like a frog from malachi 3 to abraham giving a tenth of war spoils and now you have jumped into saying that tithe is a seed.

When u sow ten percent you reap ten percent right?

Just know this, there are some people you just cant decieve. We are not all fools.

He that has ears to hear, let him hear!

6 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2013
Bidam: I thought it is your small shrines littered all over the place that you have inherited.You that you don't believe in the deity of Christ and hell. Why should you think..you are gonna be a part of that kingdom.?

Hehehehe, you are really struggling to find what to hold onto.

Liars will not inherit God's kingdom, why are you so unsettled by that biblical statement ?

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 5:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
Bidam: I thought it is your small shrines littered all over the place that you have inherited.You that you don't believe in the deity of Christ and hell. Why should you think..you are gonna be a part of that kingdom.?

Liars will not inherit God's kingdom, why are you so unsettled by that biblical statement ?

Hehehehe, na laugh i dey laugh, smh.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 07, 2013
truthislight:

I am not holdin onto anything. I know whom i believe and i am fully persuaded about HIM.

I am telling the truth that you and your cohorts have already gotten the inheritance they deserve on earth.

So the soon coming kingdom is out of the question.Ok?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2013
Image123:

i understand that you're not subject to the word of God but can you try to be subject to the rules guiding the forum? That we disagree on a particular teaching or view does not call for insults. i'm not here to deceive anyone. i simply answer questions for clarifications and i often notice that such is achieved. The unfortunate thing is the average antitither pratice of engaging in CIRCULAR arguments, running from pillar to post, hole seeking, and resorting to mudslinging and unchristian behaviour.
Lol.They ganged themselves as bands throwing tantrums and insult.Thus derailing and defeating the purpose of the thread.

Rules 2 and 3 are being broken with impunity with attacks on persons.May God have mercy on their souls jare.Best ignore folks who use fleshy emotions to argue in debates.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 6:54pm On Nov 07, 2013
Bidam: Lol.They ganged themselves as bands throwing tantrums and insult.Thus derailing and defeating the purpose of the thread.

Rules 2 and 3 are being broken with impunity with attacks on persons.May God have mercy on their souls jare.Best ignore folks who use fleshy emotions to argue in debates.
very apt. Imagine a person condemning a fellow human to hell.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 7:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
Demain_man:

With all the teachings I have learnt on this forum and many others like this, I have no doubt that I am not required to pay any money for salvation. IT IS FREE!!

Who ever said that you are required to pay money for salvatin. Certainly not on this forum, no?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 7:05pm On Nov 07, 2013
Bidam: Nobody has said in this forum that you are to offer money to be saved.If they did..point it out..

You dey mind baseless and unfounded accusations? Folks just make claims like God des not see them.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 7:19pm On Nov 07, 2013
Uche ernest: i mean, if u dn't want to pay, no jst worry urself... As for me i will pay.

The antitithers do not like this oh. They will hunt and haunt you to obey their law of thou shall not tithe. They hate that word like demons hate to hear Jesus.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 7:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
Uche ernest: i mean, if u dn't want to pay, no jst worry urself... As for me i will pay.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 8:17pm On Nov 07, 2013
Bidam: I am not holdin onto anything. I know whom i believe and i am fully persuaded about HIM.

I am telling the truth that you and your cohorts have already gotten the inheritance they deserve on earth.

So the soon coming kingdom is out of the question.Ok?
Bidam, u never cease to amaze me, u whey dey pursue ppl wages n salaries to buy jets n d man who refuses to join d scamboree, who is looking for earthly inheritance? Bros, u've proved, time without number, dat, u know, d truth about this fraud, but u lack d grace to let it go, eg u said tithe is not obligatory, this has shown dat bc u are a beneficiary of this fraud, u av refused to preach d truth u know, what is d dif between u and naija police/politician. Bidam u are commiting sin o, Jm4:17. THEREFOR TO HIM THAT KNOWETH TO DO GOOD BUT DOEDH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN, (KJV) Bidam, repent o.

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 07, 2013
Image123:

The antitithers do not like this oh. They will hunt and haunt you to obey their law of thou shall not tithe. They hate that word like demons hate to hear Jesus.
dem go tire,

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 10:45pm On Nov 07, 2013
Candour:

8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

Your thesis on tithes is false so i'm trying to use Oyaks devotional to correct your erroneous postulations. I'm not spamming at all
By "Don't post false information on Nairaland.", the context is so clear you do not have to twist it to mean that divergent views are false information. Be matured in understanding, that is a new testament command i think. The rule means like do not post that the president has resigned, or that somebody died who is alive, or that a company is recruiting if it is not, for instance. By your twist, i can also claim that you are posting false information since your view on giving does not align with mine. Every one with a different view on the forum would say that the opposing view is false information. That is mischievous and childish. it is clear you are spamming the forum and should correct yourself. posting the same content many times is regarded as spamming.

He has a lot of members and apologists even on this forum. That means plenty people love and respect him. It doesn't mean i do. The same way millions of Germans loved and respected Hitler even though you probably regard him as a villain.

I'm just stating the obvious. I don't have to like him to say this truth.
Its better as you clarified yourself. When someone refers to another as "a much beloved and respected pastor.", the message being sent is that of personal respect and love. It would be odd for instance for me to refer to Guru maraji, T Joshua, or Bin Laden as much beloved and respected. These people also have lots of followers and apologists, but one may be sending a confusing signal. Anyway, good that you made yourself clearer.

With that devotional, Oyaks proved what i and others have been telling you for a long time. So you can imagine my joy when i saw he knows exactly what tithe is: a COMPULSORY practice in the LAW of Moses. It has nothing to do with Abraham and surely has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with a Christian saved by grace.
What is that thing you have being telling me for a long time again? Does pastor Chris saying something make it truth? If yes, why are you being selective with this truth?
According to you, pastor Chris says that tithing is compulsory, therefore that proves that tithing is compulsory.
pastor Chris says that you should bring your tithes, but that does not prove that you should bring your tithe.
Do you by chance see the inconsistency in your deductions?
How can anyone say that tithe has nothing to do with Abraham when the Bible clearly says that Abraham gave tithes?

The widow gave freely. She wasn't following a law when she cast in all and that is the principle there.
Oh, but you want us to follow a law when we give the tithe? When folks talk about principle and tithing, it seems this quoted portion of your thinking is dormant?

That is the exact type we Christians are asked to follow by Christ and the Apostles. If only Ananias and Sapphira had known this, they wouldn't have tried to impress the apostles and get the immediate judgement they got. I have had cause to issue a draft for almost 3/4 of my monthly salary once to support a dire need in church. It was in mine power to do it or not to do.
Not sure i need all this preaching, thanks.

God didn't stipulate it. It was of my own volition and that is what the bible means by 'every man as he purposed in his heart, so let him give.....'. A Christian shouldn't give to fulfill all righteousness. That is what Pharisees do. We should give as the need arises even if it takes all we have and that is what i live by.
1Co 16:1 Now, concerning what you wrote about the money to be raised to help God's people in Judea. You must do what I told the churches in Galatia to do.
1Co 16:2 Every Sunday each of you must put aside some money, in proportion to what you have earned, and save it up, so that there will be no need to collect money when I come.

Preach the whole truth please. Any literate understands this without twist.
Are you okay with a poor widow in Winners Chapel for instance, that gives all her life's savings of about 28,000 into the offering box/bag?
she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.
she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

BTW, why do you find it so wrong for a christian to give or do anything to fulfill all righteousness? You said "That is what pharisees do". This is surprising as the Bible only talks of Christ Jesus doing that.
Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
i think that is the only place that phrase "fulfill all righteousness" is used. It is used of Christ and His. So when you say that is what pharisees do, it causes one to marvel. Candour, people are actually reading what you say, and so is God. You cannot just afford to say things just to shine or get likes or win arguments. If you have nothing edifying or true or honest to say, it is better to keep quiet or ignore us or pray for us. than to come showboat before people with itching ears.

If you live by the 10% threshold, my dear brother image, you have a lot to learn about Love for God and love for your neighbour. If you believe God truly owns all you have, you'll not be rating him or his righteous causes on a meager and miserly 10%.
Not sure i need all this preaching, i have no idea what you are trying to say. What is the 10% threshold, is that some new theological phrase. Why bring up a condition that was never there? Who here has rated God, or rated his righteous causes?

You're right that freewill giving is commanded in the law of Moses. Christ and the apostles also asked us to give. The problem is that no percentage was stipulated. As i purpose in my heart and as the Lord has blessed me, so i give. read Matt 25:35-40, 1Cor 16:1-2; 2Cor 9:6-8; James 1:27 to get an idea of the kind of giving expected of a Christian. It has nothing to do with the law of Moses.
This is back to square one. tithing is not the law of Moses. It was practiced before Moses' father was born.

You can see the bolded. This is talking about a vow you made freely. It has no resemblance to what you drop into the collection bag.
i do not understand. Are you saying that if i make a vow freely, i cannot drop it into the collection bag? Read this again for context.
Deu 23:23 That which is gone out of thy lips thou shalt keep and perform; even a freewill offering, according as thou hast vowed unto the LORD thy God, which thou hast promised with thy mouth.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 11:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
Omo-Awori:
@ Image 123

Be very aware nobody is making a mockery, we all need to have a solid based foundation and understanding about our christian faith.
Okay. Speak for yourself though.

What are the tithing principles? i do not know if the jews are still paying tithes, do you?

The Jews do not tithe today because they're fully aware that tithing in this present time is against the 'biblical law'. Reason being that there are no Levites, Priests or even a Temple to worship in Jerusalem. The Temple was destroyed around AD70 by the Romans, burnt down completely with all tribal records which held details of who are Levites or priests.
Thanks for the information. i also asked "What are the tithing principles?"
BTW, my faith or life is not based on what the modern day jews do or do not do. They are wrong about Jesus and can be wrong on other areas. Also Jesus Himself said it long time ago that the time was coming when we would not have to go to Jerusalem or the temple there to worship God.

i do not know. If you know, kindly share using the criteria you stated in the last line.

The only people in the old testament that are commanded to tithe were those who inherited the promised land with everything on it, mainly the men. They got the land, animals, crops, houses etc. All these are free, no mortgage payment or rent are paid for these lands. These people were commanded to tithe on the crops and animals and take it to the Levites who weren't allowed to inherit the promised land, but were instead given the priviledge of inheriting the tithes. So because women, slaves (servants), gentiles are not allowed to owned landed properties, hence they are not required to tithe. Furthermore, no one else tithed, wage earners did not tithe.
- It will be interesting to note that Jesus didn't tithe as a carpenter, a trade he learnt from his earthly father - Joseph.
- Paul did not tithe as a tent maker, likewise Peter did not tithe as a fisherman, only people who farm the land are required to tithe.
- The Jews/Rabbis asserted the dignity of manual labour, all Rabbis had to have a secular job because it was considered 'sinful' to recieve money for teaching God's truth (can this be said about our present pay Pastors, Teachers, Evangelists etc) who have arrogated themselves to be the all-in-all in the teaching of God's truth.
- Levites which have been twisted to mean Pastors is wrong teaching, biblically, Levites is a tribe in Israel, one of Jacob's 12 sons. So tithing was strictly a Jewish Mandate.
Unfortunately, you were not SO KIND TO POINT US TO BIBLICAL REFERENCES. All this one is like tales by moonlight. Everyone can pull out his own assumptions.

There are many teachings, the question cannot be asked generally. People teach on everything almost, in different ways. Holy Spirit, heaven, Righteousness, Tithe, Baptism, Worship, Deliverance, Prayer etc. There are different teachings by different people. What we need is what the Bible says, not what people say. Let God be true and every man a liar.

Well the question asked was this: (In our present dispensation, are we being taught the right way to tithe, as according to the bible in the old testament, there are 'three types' of tithes).

There have been differs teaching on tithing, but are we been taught correctly in our churches today or are we just following our pastors' doctrines on this subject. I believe we have not been taught that there are 'three types' of tithing, unfortunately these are not explained to us as Malachi 3:8-10 has been the most quoted verse in the bible.
Hmmm, dunno about the most quoted verse of the Bible. i would have assumed John 3v16 though. You believe that we have not been taught that there are 'three types' of tithing. Again, speak for yourself, some have been taught. i think i have taught that too on this forum, that there are at least 3 different forms of tithing referenced in the scriptures.

3 types of tithes:
The 1st tithe - Leviticus 27:30-33, defines tithe as a tenth of crops and animals in herds and flocks.
Numbers 18, gives the ordinances or instructions for the tithe and commands this tithe to be taken to the Levites.
The purpose of this type of tithe is to support the Levital Priesthood.
What of the tithe that Abraham gave, what category does it fall? Or you do not approve it?
The purpose of the tithe is to support the people that serve in the temple/tabernacle. At a point, they were simply firstborns from any tribe, at another point, they were from Levi tribe, at another point, they are of the order of Melchisedec.
So, the true purpose is, why Levi? Because they are the people that serve in the temple/tabernacle.

The 2nd tithe - Deuteronomy 14:22-27, (the festival tithe) - a tenth of crops, plus add to the firstborn animals and take for the yearly feast.
The purpose of this tithe is to learn to fear the Lord God always.
hmmm

The 3rd tithe - Deuteronomy 14:28-29 (also known as the three-year tithe or the 'poor tithe') - a tenth of crops kept at homes to be given to the Levites, widows, orphans and strangers to eat. The purpose of this tithe is to feed the poor.
We should also be aware that there is a 'seven-year sabbath', when the landed Israelites do not tithe as the lands are left to fallow. Has any of our churches given us a free time or sabbath not to pay tithes?
Thought you would use the same line of thought as you used to deduce number 2 purpose, hahahaha.
that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest. Well, go ahead.
BTW, i do not think there is a church that asks tithe when there is no harvest or salary or job done.

Tithing is an OT Mandate, this was a requirement of the law which all Israelites were to give 10% of everything that comes from the land to the Tabernacle / Temple. In fact, the OT law required multiple tithes which would have pushed the total to around 23.3% not the 10% which is generally required or considered the tithe amount today. Tithing can be understood as a method of taxation to provide for the needs of the Levites and the Priests in the sacrificial system.
Christians are not required to give a set percentage of our income regardless of how it is required. Our giving should be generous, with pure motives and an attitude of worship to God and service to the body of Christ.
2 Corinthians 9:7 - each man should give what he has decided in his heart, not relunctantly, or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. This is one of the key principles in spiritual giving. Spiritual giving must be voluntary and with the proper motive. Because of God's basic nature, which is grace, we should also give, by doing so we reflect the family characteristics of God.
Seminary songs.
1Co 16:2 Every Sunday each of you must put aside some money, in PROPORTION to what you have earned, and save it up, so that there will be no need to collect money when I come.
Do you know that proportion is another word for percentage?

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 3:08am On Nov 08, 2013
1 Corinthians 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

The word "prospered" is translated from the Greek word "euodoo", which means, "from a compound of 2095 and 3598; to help on the road, i.e. (passively) succeed in reaching; figuratively, to succeed in business affairs:--(have a) prosper(-ous journey)."

euodoo was never translated as proportion in the Bible. The word used by the Greeks for "proportion" was the word "analogia". Found only in one verse of the New Testament.

Romans 12:6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

Back to 1 Corinthians 16:2. That verse was not speaking of proportion or percentage. It was speaking of prosperity. As God had made them prosperous.

Paul also was not speaking of tithes. He was speaking of a collection for the saints at Jerusalem.

1 Corinthians 16:1-4 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come. And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem. And if it be meet that I go also, they shall go with me.

The Greek word for "collection" was the word "logia." Again, nothing to do with tithes. Had Paul been speaking of tithes, he would have used the word "apodekatoo." Paul did not use the Greek for "tithes" in any of his epistles. The collection in 1 Corinthians 16 was merely a love offering to ease burdened saints in Jerusalem.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 3:43am On Nov 08, 2013
christemmbassey: Bidam, u never cease to amaze me, u whey dey pursue ppl wages n salaries to buy jets n d man who refuses to join d scamboree, who is looking for earthly inheritance? Bros, u've proved, time without number, dat, u know, d truth about this fraud, but u lack d grace to let it go, eg u said tithe is not obligatory, this has shown dat bc u are a beneficiary of this fraud, u av refused to preach d truth u know, what is d dif between u and naija police/politician. Bidam u are commiting sin o, Jm4:17. THEREFOR TO HIM THAT KNOWETH TO DO GOOD BUT DOEDH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN, (KJV) Bidam, repent o.
To make matters worse for you all this allegation posted above is false and misleading.You are a pastor, i am not. You stand here and falsely accuse me using a scripture out of context.

Is not rather funny that you stand here accusing a bro with a scripture and you yourself are violating the very scripture you accuse me of?

You don't know me,neither do you know my relationship with Jesus..Let's limit our discussion to what the thread is talking about,rather than bearing a false witness,slander and accusations against an innocent soul.

It will do you wise if you heed Jesus words by first considering the Logs in your eyes before thinking about removing the specks in mine.

And you should note that your idle words and false allegations that you think is harmless here are being recorded by God. On the day of reckoning you will definitely reap it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (43) (Reply)

Isaac, Bishop Oyedepo's Son, Resigns From Living Faith Church / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Prophet Odumeje Was Slapped & Beaten By Security During His Church Demolition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.