Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED (77959 Views)

Discussion / Tithe And The True Storehouse - Malachi 3:10 / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Candour(m): 4:57pm On Nov 12, 2013
Bidam: Yeah i think its best you go thru ur replies once again. You venomously attacked my person even though you hardly know me calling me a crooked mind.lol

Now that leaves much to be desired from a ''so called christian broda". That is what i mean't by spiritual pride and arrogance.cheesy

As for the atheist and catholics, i said they are your friends.Did you see me condemn them? You are just talking from the both side of your mouth.Pls feel free to quote where i did that.cheesy

OK. I've heard.

Cheers
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
Candour:

OK. I've heard.

Cheers
Yeah..no grudge ..no offense..cheers grin
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2013
Candour:

Your tithe thesis is a pack of lies and rightly described as such. I'll keep bringing Oyaks devotional to your remembrance whenever i suspect you're forgetting what Tithe really is.
Tithe is simply a tenth.

I'm Happy for you
Okay.

Malachi said all 'THE' tithe which indicates a definite article. the writer was referring to a specific thing well known to his audience. So what is 'THE' Tithe Malachi was referring to? Spoils of war? Farm produce? Proceeds of corruption? What is 'THE' tithe he was referring to?

If you need help from a dictionary to define 'THE', i could oblige you
Yes, THE specific is the main tithe. You know that there were some other tithe meant to be given at home to neighbour levites, strangers and co. There was another one meant to be eaten by the individual and his neighbours IN Jerusalem/Shiloh. The main one is the one referred to, and it says ALL. Never forget the ALL.

wait until i do. Then you can point it out
Oh, so you do have capabilities of telling lies. Fine, so no point of your reminding us that others have that capability.

As you always conveniently miss the truth even when its staring you in the face
Jesus Christ is the TRUTH, i'm glad i didn't miss Him. i'd gladly miss other irrelevant and inconsequential truths. Kindly show me where pastor Chris said tithe was of the law.

very convenient again. Pls Keep on loosing it
Would Jesus be happy with this stance?

So what did your man Of God command you to do bro? submit 10% so he can help you be at peace with God? We're talking of Scriptures penned by the apostle to the Gentiles and you are trying to compare him to your thieving pastors of today?

Whenever your pastor's words appear in scripture, bring his commands to me so i can obey them

Keep pretending not to know there is a difference between what Abraham paid as tithe and the charade you do today. Abraham gave to Melchizedek, whom do you give yours to today? Go ahead and make fun of yourself by saying pastors in the order of Melchizedek. I've read that somewhere before.
You said you do not take directions from men of God. i only showed that it is not unchristian to take direction from men of God, and i quoted 1Corinthians 16.1. Stop twisting and turning like its soccer. This is the Word we are discussing here.

Abraham gave tithes of ALL spoils of war, non from his farm. Malachi asked for God's holy tithe of all Land produce as prescribed in Lev 27. Tell me you still don't know there is a difference?
Sorry, Malachi makes no such difference. It simply states ALL THE TITHES.
Mal 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
It didn't say anything about some holy tithe.

Good. So you Agree Abraham had liberty to do or not to do? You also agree Jacob's was a voluntary vow he made himself to do abi and no evidence that he even did?

Pls IMAGE123, Go ahead and do with your funds as you like. I heard Rockefeller or one other rich man even gave 90%. Pls you can even copy his style or do as you deem fit. Its your prerogative but don't come to NL and preach it as Christian doctrine. Also tell your friends on NL this truth so we can stop these arguments

That is what everybody has been telling you for the past 4 years
There is nothing wrong in my shedding light on why i tithe or why a christian can tithe. i have consistently said that i do not force anyone to tithe or do anything, even prayer, going to fellowship, reading Bible etc. You are not everybody so you do not have the capacity to tell me what everybody has been telling you for the past 4 years. Stop throwing words into the air.

Good you clarified the bolded. Really i don't encourage poor people to give all their savings like the poor widow. If they insist, it's theirs so i wont stop them. i'll commend their sense of sacrifice but i wont encourage them to do it.

Only a wicked person will encourage such a disadvantaged person to put into a treasury administered by religious thieves and rogues like the rulers of the Jerusalem temple.
Oh, good that i clarified that you lied? You said "Just refrain from saying non tithers don't give. Its an untrue statement." i never made such a statement but you told me to stop making such a statement. i simply pointed out to you that i never i never made such a statement in the first place.
Again, you have proven what i earlier said so why the initial dribbling? i said it that YOU Candour cannot encourage people to give like the widow Jesus commended. You initially said that it was the type of giving that you encouraged and i said no. And you were arguing. Well, thank God, you have accepted. Really you don't encourage poor people to give all their savings like the poor widow. You encourage them to do it.
i do not think Jesus is a wicked person BTW. Jesus thought it was the offerings of God. He didn't think about religious thieves and rogues. In a similar way today, we give as unto God, not as unto men.
Luk 21:4 For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.

I wont have a fit my dear. I'll give all i have because it's for a very noble cause. To feed hungry and destitute saints at Jerusalem. Only a wicked man will refuse to give to such a cause when he obviously can give. Also because the apostle who mouthed that is a VERY CREDIBLE WITNESS of the gospel, i wont even question it. He's very much different from the charlatans you run after today.
Okay, no problem. Remember it that you said so anyway. i do not know about any charlatans that you run after. i do not run after any BTW.

How does proportion in that verse become tithe? i really need you tell me how proportion became 10%
Did i say that proportion in that verse means tithe? Why do you need me to tell you what i never said? i said people can give in proportion and i gave a Bible verse where people were directed to give in proportion. Tithe is a type of proportion, no?

That is the lie crooks in the pulpit tell people to get their money and use it for grandiose and immoral living.

God didn't collect it from her, the temple rulers did. That she cast it into temple treasury doesn't mean God collected it. God isn't cruel. He doesn't collect the little the poor has, rather he feeds the poor but thieves will devour the entire living of widows.

Jesus didn't collect from the multitude, he fed them instead. It's those that had means that sustained Jesus, NOT THE POOR
smiley smiley You have real issues with a sharp tongue. Well, i'm not talking about crooks, i'm talking about God. Oferrings given in church belong to God and God acknowledges our offerings. We give as unto God, not unto men.
Col 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

He said it once at baptism to encourage John not to feel unworthy to baptize him, not to make 'fulfilling all righteousness' our christian manual. I expected you to see this

It's the pharisees that run their religious lives just to fulfill all righteousness. I'm a Christian. I'm spirit led. I don't do things just to fulfill all righteousness. If you do, good luck with that
There is NO passage of scriptures that talks of pharisees running their lives to fulfill all righteousness. The Bible only talks of Christ Jesus doing that. i think that is the only place that phrase "fulfill all righteousness" is used. It is used of Christ and His. So when you say that is what pharisees do, it causes one to marvel. There is NOTHING wrong in fulfilling all righteousness. Do not trifle it as "just". Fulfilling all righteousness is NOT what pharisees do, it is what Jesus did. And we ought to walk even as He walked.
1Jo 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
It's sobering that you do not see this.

He didn't say it becometh ME to fulfill all righteousness.
Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh [size=13pt]us[/size] to fulfill all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

You said you've been at this discussions for over 4 years despite all the truth you've been shown. What else would that be other than trying to win an argument?
Well, i didn't say that i've been trying to win arguments for over four years.

Tell me what Tithe as you preach it and as Oyaks wrote is if not a CONDITION and OBLIGATION? If you truly believe we are not bound by any particular percentage, then what is this discussion for?

A Christian can give 100% to a worthy cause if the spirit leads him to. He shouldn't give a dime in response to a so called law preached by a crook in suit. If he does, he's serving men not God.
The discussion is about you and your likes making ridiculous claims in the attempt to make sure that people stop tithing. Again, if you do not want to give the tithe, no wahala. But stop making spurious and unverifiable claims.

So pls preach your tithe as you would sabbath, burnt offerings or circumcision today. Abraham did at least three of them and God even observed sabbath himself.
i'm not a preacher, thanks. However, i discuss the Word of God the same way.

If you make a vow concerning what you give every sunday, its your choice. Other Christians don't make a vow for their givings every sunday, let them be.

You brought in that verse to confuse the issue. It has no relevance to what we are discussing here.
To confuse what issue. i simply showed you that freewill was also a command in the OT. It is possible for one to give the tithe frewill like i do.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2013
Zikkyy:

The man listed three type of tithes and you asked which of the category Abrams tithe belonged. My view was that Abraham's tithe is not in any of the three. Abraham's tithe is Abraham tithe, simple. Nobody saying your tithe falls into any of the three category mandated by God, in fact it is tithers that been trying to prove their tithe belong to category 1 as defined by Omo-Awori. Any literate reading tithe discussions on NL should know this. You know very well i have been saying that there is God's tithe and there are tithes. i never considered your tithing God's tithe so don't worry your tithing does not fall into any category mandated by God and it does not even belong to a tithe category found in scriptures. Yours is a creation of man, for the use and benefit of man.

You conveniently forget that the man talks about only 3 types of tithe as the only types of tithe in the Bible. He forgot about Abraham and Jacob and i was trying to ask him or remind him until you came out as big brother trying to protect him from reason.
It is not just tithe that is holy unto God, every devoted thing is most holy unto the LORD. i have devoted my tithes to God. Mind your own business.
Lev 27:28 Notwithstanding no devoted thing, that a man shall devote unto the LORD of all that he hath, both of man and beast, and of the field of his possession, shall be sold or redeemed: every devoted thing is most holy unto the LORD.

It's possible you did not read your own post, so let me report below....

You told us the purpose of tithe was to support the people that serve in the temple and you said at a point it was the firstborn that were serving in the temple/tabernacle. my need for clarification: did the firstborn served in the tabernacle and was tithe used to support them. Please clarify.
The first borns were supposed to serve in the temple. They were replaced by the levites. The point i made was that the purpose of the tithe was to support the temple workers irrespective of tribe. The tithe was given them FOR/BECAUSE of the temple work.
Num 18:31 And ye shall eat it in every place, ye and your households: for it is your reward for your service in the tabernacle of the congregation.

Num 3:12 And I, behold, I have taken the Levites from among the children of Israel instead of all the firstborn that openeth the matrix among the children of Israel: therefore the Levites shall be mine;

You have not shown how the purpose of the tithe was to support people serving in the temple/tabernacle (or temple workers).
Num 18:21 And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation

They get the tithe first for belonging to the tribe of Levi. Read your quote above..."And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel".....every Levite don't serve at the temple at the same time. They got the tithe even when they were not serving in the temple. Serving in the temple was not a prerequisite for receiving the tithe, being a Levite was. and the tithe was an inheritance, not just a form of support. Did God reverse his will concerning the tithe? if he did not it is very wrong of you to give God's tithe to anybody other than the Levite.
The scripture is very clear, i gave two again above. i said among other reasons, here is one reason why the tithe was given. There was another tithe given to neighbour levites, and another one shared with family and neighbour levites annually.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Image123(m): 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
Zikkyy:
You will only end up embarrassing yourself if you continue down this route. I already showed what he meant by set percentage. It has nothing to do with me agreeing that proportion is ratio.
You forgot to show what he meant by "regardless of how it is required". This is the phrase i made bold.

Paul did not determine the % of giving. he allowed each person to determine their %. as you have been blessed (giving in proportion to your prosperity) is not a fixed 10%, or 20% or 30% or 90%. Some may have given 20% or even 3% and some may have given 0.2%.
We are saying the same thing ithink. Some may have given 10%. mark said Christians are not required to give a set percentage regardless of how it is required. i simply showed where some christians were told that they MUST give a set percentage. It could be 10% or any other % from that passage.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by kolidave: 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2013
Human being are so stingy that they cannot give out 1 tenth of there income/money. How much is 1 tenth gonna take from u,will it kill u to give it to the Lord. Its not to much to ask,is it?....

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 7:53pm On Nov 12, 2013
kolidave: Human being are so stingy that they cannot give out 1 tenth of there income/money. How much is 1 tenth gonna take from u,will it kill u to give it to the Lord. Its not to much to ask,is it?....

Did the lord tell you or any other Christian that hour needs 10% of believer's income

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2013
kolidave: Human being are so stingy that they cannot give out 1 tenth of there income/money. How much is 1 tenth gonna take from u,will it kill u to give it to the Lord. Its not to much to ask,is it?....
if the Lord asks me for a tithe, I will gladly give Him a tithe.

Thus far, He has not.

Thus far, extortionists have tries to deceive me and to scare me into tithing.

All have failed in their deceitful endeavors.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2013
Demain_man: ^^^^ You are right! No wonder Jesus also asked the servants to fill the pots with water and then converted the water into wine grin

Are you saying that Jesus cannot give without first collecting? cheesy

This is one hungry pastor ehe! Man after his tummy i call you!

grin
Demain_man: ^^^^ You are right! No wonder Jesus also asked the servants to fill the pots with water and then converted the water into wine grin

Are you saying that Jesus cannot give without first collecting? cheesy

This is one hungry pastor ehe! Man after his tummy i call you!

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 8:22pm On Nov 12, 2013
Image123:
i have devoted my tithes to God. Mind your own business.

Lol! na wa for you o. you post on a public forum and you want me to mind my own business? how is that possible? grin

Image123:
The first borns were supposed to serve in the temple. They were replaced by the levites. The point i made was that the purpose of the tithe was to support the temple workers irrespective of tribe. The tithe was given them FOR/BECAUSE of the temple work.

.....and the point i was making was that tithe as support for temple workers was announced after God claimed the Levites for himself. It's possible Moses could have adopted a different approach to sustaining firstborns for example their family members can sustain them, especially if their family entitled to a share of the land. We don't know, so don't assume.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by kolidave: 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
I pay my tithe not cos anybody forces me to. I do it cos I feel its right,and its the bible to do so even tho its not in d 10 commandments and I've benefited greatly from it cos I've not had any reason to beg or want
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 8:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
Image123:
The scripture is very clear, i gave two again above. i said among other reasons, here is one reason why the tithe was given. There was another tithe given to neighbour levites, and another one shared with family and neighbour levites annually.

I know you said among other reasons, and am telling you that belonging to the tribe of Levi is the first consideration. if you serve in the temple and you are not a Levite (don't see how that is possible anyway), you don't get the tithe.

Num 18:21 And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation

The Levites got the tithe as a people reserved for a particular purpose, it does not matter whether you are already rendering that service or will be able to render the service at a future date or if you are retired.

2 Chronicles 31:14-19 (NIV)
14 Kore son of Imnah the Levite, keeper of the East Gate, was in charge of the freewill offerings given to God, distributing the contributions made to the Lord and also the consecrated gifts. 15 Eden, Miniamin, Jeshua, Shemaiah, Amariah and Shekaniah assisted him faithfully in the towns of the priests, distributing to their fellow priests according to their divisions, old and young alike.

16 In addition, they distributed to the males three years old or more whose names were in the genealogical records—all who would enter the temple of the Lord to perform the daily duties of their various tasks, according to their responsibilities and their divisions. 17 And they distributed to the priests enrolled by their families in the genealogical records and likewise to the Levites twenty years old or more, according to their responsibilities and their divisions. 18 They included all the little ones, the wives, and the sons and daughters of the whole community listed in these genealogical records. For they were faithful in consecrating themselves.

19 As for the priests, the descendants of Aaron, who lived on the farmlands around their towns or in any other towns, men were designated by name to distribute portions to every male among them and to all who were recorded in the genealogies of the Levites.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Zikkyy(m): 8:54pm On Nov 12, 2013
Image123:
You forgot to show what he meant by "regardless of how it is required". This is the phrase i made bold.

wait for him to clarify so you don't make wrong assumptions. you want me to explain everything?

Image123:
We are saying the same thing ithink. Some may have given 10%. mark said Christians are not required to give a set percentage regardless of how it is required. i simply showed where some christians were told that they MUST give a set percentage. It could be 10% or any other % from that passage.

my understanding of set percentage is "fixed percentage" i.e. 10%
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 8:54pm On Nov 12, 2013
kolidave: I pay my tithe not cos anybody forces me to. I do it cos I feel its right,and its the bible to do so even tho its not in d 10 commandments and I've benefited greatly from it cos I've not had any reason to beg or want
where in the Bible are you told to tithe?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Candour(m): 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2013
Image123:
Tithe is simply a tenth.

Tenth of what?

Yes, THE specific is the main tithe. You know that there were some other tithe meant to be given at home to neighbour levites, strangers and co. There was another one meant to be eaten by the individual and his neighbours IN Jerusalem/Shiloh. The main one is the one referred to, and it says ALL. Never forget the ALL.

Neh 10:38
And the priest the son of Aaron shall be with the Levites, when the Levites shall bring up the tithe of the tithes unto the house of our God, to the CHAMBERS, into the treasure house'

The tithe of tithes is what eventually gets to the chambers, treasure house or storehouse and it's 1% of the tithes of Israel. Is it the tithe of tithes(1%) you are asking folks to pay?

Oh, so you do have capabilities of telling lies. Fine, so no point of your reminding us that others have that capability.

wait until i do. then you can point it out so i can correct myself. You want me to stop pointing out Oyak's lies or yours? If you guys stop the lies, then i'll have nothing to accuse you of again.

Jesus Christ is the TRUTH, i'm glad i didn't miss Him. i'd gladly miss other irrelevant and inconsequential truths. Kindly show me where pastor Chris said tithe was of the law.

Christ is the truth and its not in dispute. Are you begging me to spam the thread again? If you wish to see it, you know where to go. I'll post it soon again anyway so you might want to wait for the new posting.

Would Jesus be happy with this stance?

i can assure you that Christ would be grossly disappointed with your penchant for closing your eyes to the truth in the word of God

You said you do not take directions from men of God. i only showed that it is not unchristian to take direction from men of God, and i quoted 1Corinthians 16.1. Stop twisting and turning like its soccer. This is the Word we are discussing here.

And i tell you 2Cor 16:1 is scripture, not just some empty words from crooks making merchandise of the children of God.

My bro, you're the one dribbling the word of God since this discussion started. i wish you could stop.

Sorry, Malachi makes no such difference. It simply states ALL THE TITHES.
Mal 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
It didn't say anything about some holy tithe.

Don't you think you should search the scriptures to find out which tithe he refereed to?

After you'll point accusing fingers of dribbling God's word. Go to Leviticus 27:30-33 and read about God's holy tithe since you don't know it.

There is nothing wrong in my shedding light on why i tithe or why a christian can tithe. i have consistently said that i do not force anyone to tithe or do anything, even prayer, going to fellowship, reading Bible etc. You are not everybody so you do not have the capacity to tell me what everybody has been telling you for the past 4 years. Stop throwing words into the air.

No wahala bros. since tithing is like prayers, going to fellowship, reading the bible etc. Then every Christian is at liberty to do as he chooses or you don't think so? after all there is no specific prayer format, fellowship format or bible reading format. So why should tithe alone have a specific format of pastor collecting it?

Oh, good that i clarified that you lied? You said "Just refrain from saying non tithers don't give. Its an untrue statement." i never made such a statement but you told me to stop making such a statement. i simply pointed out to you that i never i never made such a statement in the first place.
Again, you have proven what i earlier said so why the initial dribbling? i said it that YOU Candour cannot encourage people to give like the widow Jesus commended. You initially said that it was the type of giving that you encouraged and i said no. And you were arguing. Well, thank God, you have accepted. Really you don't encourage poor people to give all their savings like the poor widow. You encourage them to do it.
i do not think Jesus is a wicked person BTW. Jesus thought it was the offerings of God. He didn't think about religious thieves and rogues. In a similar way today, we give as unto God, not as unto men.
Luk 21:4 For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.

Yes my bro. Just wanted you to know that a refusal to give what you call tithe doesn't mean non tithers don't give. Once again, i'm glad you realize and know that.

Jesus knew the rulers of the temple in Jerusalem were rogues who devour widows houses. He commended the widow doesn't mean he encouraged other widows to do so. Jesus asked rich men to sell all they had and give to the poor. How come he never asked any of them to take it to the temple? i know why: because he knew the thieves there would devour everything. Even when Zaccheaus made his vow, he left the temple out because he knew they were crooks like he was before he met Jesus.

If Jesus couldn't trust the temple officials with the wealth of the rich, is it that of a poor widow he'll want them to administer? She thought she was giving to God because it was meant to be offerings for God but crooks in gowns and head gear were waiting to consume it because they had turned the temple to a business centre and a den of thieves. God was no longer there

Jesus didn't encourage it, I won't too.

Okay, no problem. Remember it that you said so anyway. i do not know about any charlatans that you run after. i do not run after any BTW.

ok. i'm happy you don't run after any charlatans because there are plenty of them out there waiting to devour the entire savings and lives of poor people who are seeking God.

Did i say that proportion in that verse means tithe? Why do you need me to tell you what i never said? i said people can give in proportion and i gave a Bible verse where people were directed to give in proportion. Tithe is a type of proportion, no?

You're trying very hard to twist this 1Cor 16:1-2 but it just refuses to be twisted.

So we can assume some in that congregation gave tithes and some gave other proportions right? Some might have given 20%, some 5% and some 70% but immediately somebody gives 10%, it means he gave tithes right? And those who refuse to give 10% don't honour God abi?

Can we then infer that every and any 10% proportion is a tithe?

smiley smiley You have real issues with a sharp tongue. Well, i'm not talking about crooks, i'm talking about God. Oferrings given in church belong to God and God acknowledges our offerings. We give as unto God, not unto men.
Col 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

If somebody lies to get money from another, is there another name for that person? a thief is a thief even if he's carrying a bible however distasteful you find it. Crooks in suits who call themselves pastors and collect money from folks and use the money to pay call girls are also collecting on God's behalf right? Rev King collected on God's behalf abi? Rev Jim Jones also collected on God's behalf right?

Even as i work in my office, i should do it like i'm doing it unto the Lord. That is the correct context in which the verse you quoted speaks. In eating, in playing, in working not only in giving. Pls don't narrow the context to fit your idea.

There is NO passage of scriptures that talks of pharisees running their lives to fulfill all righteousness. The Bible only talks of Christ Jesus doing that. i think that is the only place that phrase "fulfill all righteousness" is used. It is used of Christ and His. So when you say that is what pharisees do, it causes one to marvel. There is NOTHING wrong in fulfilling all righteousness. Do not trifle it as "just". Fulfilling all righteousness is NOT what pharisees do, it is what Jesus did. And we ought to walk even as He walked.
1Jo 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
It's sobering that you do not see this.

He didn't say it becometh ME to fulfill all righteousness.
Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh [size=13pt]us[/size] to fulfill all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

No wahala. I wont flog this issue with you. I can't argue with the passage you quoted up there as i wont want to twist scriptures.

There is a sense in which i used it for the Pharisees and it was to show them as people who do things simply for their works to be seen and applauded of men.

Well, i didn't say that i've been trying to win arguments for over four years.

ok.

The discussion is about you and your likes making ridiculous claims in the attempt to make sure that people stop tithing. Again, if you do not want to give the tithe, no wahala. But stop making spurious and unverifiable claims.

You and your likes make horrible claims about tithes on NL. One of the worst claims on this tithe issue is that pastors are the priests after the order of Melchizedek. That is the height of blasphemy making pastors equal to the saviour.

That is not only making a claim, that is blasphemy.

Tithing in not Christian in whatever form. Giving in any measure you wish is.

i'm not a preacher, thanks. However, i discuss the Word of God the same way.

We are talking about tithes specifically my bro. Do you advice people to treat it the same way they treat sabbath for instance, at their discretion?

To confuse what issue. i simply showed you that freewill was also a command in the OT. It is possible for one to give the tithe frewill like i do.

No my bro. don't twist that scripture. That scripture was talking about a vow howbeit one you made freely.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by kolidave: 9:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
Mark Miwerds: where in the Bible are you told to tithe?
Malachi 3:10 - Bring ye all the tithes into the
storehouse, that there may be meat in mine
house, and prove me now herewith, saith the
LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows
of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that
[there shall] not [be room] enough [to receive it].
Leviticus 27:30 - And all the tithe of the land,
[whether] of the seed of the land, [or] of the fruit
of the tree, [is] the LORD'S: [it is] holy unto the
LORD. Luke 11:42 - But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye
tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and
pass over judgment and the love of God: these
ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other
undone. Deuteronomy 14:22 - Thou shalt truly tithe all
the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth
forth year by year. Malachi 3:8-10 - Will a man rob God? Yet ye
have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we
robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. U want more passages
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 9:38pm On Nov 12, 2013
kolidave: Malachi 3:10 - Bring ye all the tithes into the
the tithe instructed in those verses is food. Is that what you are tithing?

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Candour(m): 9:50pm On Nov 12, 2013
kolidave: Malachi 3:10 - Bring ye all the tithes into the

You didn't finish quoting from Deuteronomy. See the full version.

Deut 14:22-29
'Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. [23] And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always. [24] And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee: [25] Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose: [26] And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household, [27] And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee. [28] At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: [29] And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

That is the full gist. How do we account for the portions in bold?

Do you eat your from your tithes? If you don't, you don't fear the Lord. The bible said so.

Also the fatherless, widows, strangers should also get your tithes says the book. Do you do this?

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by kolidave: 10:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
Its not necessarily food,it can be money or Anitin. Whatever you all say,ill tithe till I die. Its not even affecting me badly in aniwaiz...
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Candour(m): 10:18pm On Nov 12, 2013
kolidave: Its not necessarily food,it can be money or Anitin. Whatever you all say,ill tithe till I die. Its not even affecting me badly in aniwaiz...

Thank God for your post brother. Good you say tithe till you die. No one will quarell with your decision. If you've decided to continue, then by all means do.

Those whom this thread is concerned about are those who have been told the following LIES

1. If you don't tithe, things will be tight for you financially

2. If you don't tithe, you will have calamities, accidents, sickness, etc

3. If you don't tithe, you will burn in hell for ever.

4. If you don't tithe, it means you don't love God

If you don't fall into any of the 4 categories, then this thread and similar ones are not for you.

Feel free to go on with your tithing and i wish you luck

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 10:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
Candour:

Thank God for your post brother. Good you say tithe till you die. No one will quarell with your decision. If you've decided to continue, then by all means do.

Those whom this thread is concerned about are those who have been told the following LIES

1. If you don't tithe, things will be tight for you financially

2. If you don't tithe, you will have calamities, accidents, sickness, etc

3. If you don't tithe, you will burn in hell for ever.

4. If you don't tithe, it means you don't love God

If you don't fall into any of the 4 categories, then this thread and similar ones are not for you.

Feel free to go on with your tithing and i wish you luck
The sad thing is, what he is embracing is the Law. All those verses he quoted that he says tell him to tithe are commands under the Law.

He offends in the tithe the way he is giving. He is not obeying the Laws he says he is to obey.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

He is only fooling himself when he says he is obeying Leviticus 27, Deuteronomy 14, Luke 11 & Malachi 3. He's not fooling us and he's not fooling God either.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 8:03am On Nov 13, 2013
kolidave: Its not necessarily food,it can be money or Anitin. Whatever you all say,ill tithe till I die. Its not even affecting me badly in aniwaiz...

This is your own idea or that of your pastor that is deceiving you to part with a part of your income. God's tithe is clearly defined in scriptures and cannot be Anitin you want it to be. That is apart from the fact that even the genuine biblical tithe is not applicable to christians. You may wish to read Hebrew 7:5-19 were tithing was anulled and described as a weak, useless and unprofitable practice.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by kolidave: 2:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
Just consider tithing as a special offering,ok? Besides pple are so stingy with giving offering in church. Y'all are saying don't tithe don't tithe,how many of u give out to the church and poor pple out of willingness. U give out small pocket change in church and call it offering. God help us all
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 3:05pm On Nov 13, 2013
kolidave: Just consider tithing as a special offering,ok? Besides pple are so stingy with giving offering in church. Y'all are saying don't tithe don't tithe,how many of u give out to the church and poor pple out of willingness. U give out small pocket change in church and call it offering. God help us all

We are not saying believers should not tithe. What we are saying is that tithing practice in the church should not be justified by twisting scripture. What we are saying is that preachers should stop the fraudulent manipulation of scriptures they do to justify the tithing scam. If a christian knowing the truth that he is not oblige to tithe still does so out of love then we have no problem with that. But using God's name to manipulate people into tithing compulsorily is a very grievous sin in the sight of God.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
Pastor Kun:

We are not saying believers should not tithe.
After you and your friends have insulted us and called us all kinds of names. You are now saying this What a shame.SMH!

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
Bidam: After you and your friends have insulted us and called us all kinds of names. You are now saying this What a shame.SMH!

If you want to quote me, quote me in proper context and not out of context. My stance on tithes is very clear , I have no problem with believers giving any percentage of their income be it 1% or 100% and labelling it whatever they like whether tithe, offering seed or whatever. What I have a very big problem with is fraudulently manipulating the word of God to extort 10% on believers income on a consistent basis and labelling it as God's tithe. As long as believers are taught in clear terms that they are not required to tithe as christians, I won't have a problem with any preacher who persuades his congregation to set aside any percentage/proportion of their income they choose for the work of the gospel.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Candour(m): 4:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
kolidave: Just consider tithing as a special offering,ok? Besides pple are so stingy with giving offering in church. Y'all are saying don't tithe don't tithe,how many of u give out to the church and poor pple out of willingness. U give out small pocket change in church and call it offering. God help us all

Do you go round during service to check what folks put into the offering bags?

How do you know people here don't feed the poor?

How do you know people here don't give and support ministers who need the support? How do you know people don't support true Church projects?

How do you know people here don't give over and above what you grudgingly pay as tithe?

How do you know all these?

The bible also said you share some tithes with widows, orphans, strangers, do you?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by joyblinks(f): 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ok
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by kolidave: 4:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
Candour:

Do you go round during service to check what folks put into the offering bags?

How do you know people here don't feed the poor?

How do you know people here don't give and support ministers who need the support? How do you know people don't support true Church projects?

How do you know people here don't give over and above what you grudgingly pay as tithe?

How do you know all these?

The bible also said you share some tithes with widows, orphans, strangers, do you?
how won't u know with the things happening around? Am I that blind not to see Wats happening in churches and in the society.. If people really do give,won't it affect the society and the church positively? Well I give my tithe to the church, and that's left for the church to give the needy poor and widows.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Candour(m): 4:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
kolidave: how won't u know with the things happening around? Am I that blind not to see Wats happening in churches and in the society.. If people really do give,won't it affect the society and the church positively? Well I give my tithe to the church, and that's left for the church to give the needy poor and widows.

Thank God you also observe what's going on around you. People give my brother. Even those who can't afford to give and should be receiving give. The question to ask is what are the funds generated used for?

With all the evidence of riches in church today, why do we still have widows and orphans neglected?

Just yesterday, I saw Bill Gates and Dangote discussing with govt officials on ameliorating health situation in Nigeria and boosting our agriculture. An atheist and a Muslim trying their best to save Nigerian children from avoidable health issues yet we have MOG who say the world is not their home digging their heels deep into the toys that this world provides and not bothered. Do you know how much help the money spent on one jet can do to the economy of the poor in a particular church? Yet the church founder has 4.

How do you reconcile that?

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by kolidave: 4:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
Well ur rite buh that is for God to judge Isn't it?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by kolidave: 4:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
Well ur rite buh that is for God to judge Isn't it? Just keep doing ur own and the reward will be great

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (43) (Reply)

"Muslims Attacked My Church During Crossover Night And Raped Girls"- Pastor / Apostle Johnson Suleman Reacts To Sex Scandal: "I'm Tough, Can't Bring Me Down" / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.