Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,420 members, 7,819,516 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED (78112 Views)

Discussion / Tithe And The True Storehouse - Malachi 3:10 / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by hisableplc(m): 9:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
chysam:

I disagree with your subtle approach and inducement attempt in addressing this issue. Must one who has given his life to Christ deceptively observe a tradition that is Unchristian?. You will do better using Paul as a good example in this case.Supposing you asked Paul that question?.Of course you know what his answer would be.Would you ask him to start paying tithe all over again?. From Paul's perspective,please tell us why a christian must not pay a sin tithe that no longer exist except ironically in the churches of materialistic clergies.Stop telling us what people who practiced judaism did because you are not one.Rather tell us what the christians. Who followed Jesus did because you are one.Until you make your points from the early Christian point of view,then it simply means that you and people like you have skeletons in their cupboards.

I dont own a church am nt a clergy so if dats where u r driving at u r wrong brother....the
point u r making is dat u r trying to go contrary to d written script u feel giving is a crime huh n dats wat am trying to make u understand no one forces anybody to give even Christ never made it so but if He was against it why did He aknowledge the poor widow who gave all that she had and turned down d pharisee who gave grudgingly brother wat u have is urs if u feel giving a part will make ur account red do d needful remember it only by faith we can please Him.
I have not regretted my act of given so if dosnt work for u try sth else
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by hisableplc(m): 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
truthislight i would av answrd u appropiatly bt am usin mobile nt laptop i will break it down wen am on.
d levite was not tithing but giving offering willingly understand that read with insight n nt a confused mind d motive was right bt all dese gave their life 1st not money or property 1st
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 10:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
hisableplc:

I dont own a church am nt a clergy so if dats where u r driving at u r wrong brother....the
point u r making is dat u r trying to go contrary to d written script u feel giving is a crime huh n dats wat am trying to make u understand no one forces anybody to give even Christ never made it so but if He was against it why did He aknowledge the poor widow who gave all that she had and turned down d pharisee who gave grudgingly brother wat u have is urs if u feel giving a part will make ur account red do d needful remember it only by faith we can please Him.

hisableplc:
truthislight i would av answrd u appropiatly bt am usin mobile nt laptop i will break it down wen am on.
d levite was not tithing but giving offering willingly understand that read with insight n nt a confused mind d motive was right bt all dese gave their life 1st not money or property 1st

Dont even attempt spreading your confusion to others, and not me.

Am not aware of any single person that has said the bible says you should not give or be generous, rather, the thread all along befor your arrival has been on tithe fraud for christians and the malachai curses
/Devourer used in churches to threaten people to pay tithe.

None compulsive, freewill giving is what we all say the bible/new testerment for christian support, not tithing for christian. Material.. as postulated by the churches today.

If you fend not knowing that, then it is either you are a big liar or you miss your way to this thread.

Here, on this thread, the discussion is on exclussively tithing..

Your attempt to hoodwink us has fail, you can leave now.

TITHE FOR CHRISTIANS IS A FRAUD.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by chysam: 10:43pm On Oct 19, 2014
hisableplc:

Little wonder you have no understanding of the scriptures.We are talking about tithing that has no relationship with christianity and you are here digressing.Your pastor will never lose the shackles holding you back from understanding that you have been tithing under inducement and cajole.Liberating people like you from such enslavement is quite difficult because rather than know the true God you make pastors you gods.If you are a reasonable Christian you would have known that the Levite you mentioned is a new convert who just left Judaism and donated his property willingly and not forcefully. Same is applicable to Paul.Are you wiser than them?. Is your pastor wiser than people who wrote the bible and yet did not pay tithe?. Is it you and your pastor that will teach people like the apostles to pay tithe?.What spiritual guidance or understanding does one need to find out why people who even wrote the bible did not pay tithe and then ask himself if he knows better than them. Please get your people and read the whole book of Hebrew.To a large extent it truthfully tell us who a Christian is,and not pastors who combine both judaism and Christianity because of glutony.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 10:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
God never commanded anyone in His Word to tithe money to a Church or a Temple. Yet, so many In Churches around the world today are lied to every time the offering plate is passed. "God requires you to tithe your money" is spoken from the pulpit. "If you don't tithe, you are a God-robber! You are cursed!" Is often shouted to put the laity in a state of guilt and condemnation. Relax Saints of God... Fear not. God never authorized that pastor to speak those deceitful and unkind words to your ears.

Let's examine the Scriptures and see what they say concerning God's commanded tithe, shall we? But first, let us visit two sons of Aaron at the Tabernacle...

Leviticus 10:1-2 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.

In the above text, two of Aaron’s sons were struck dead because they offered “strange fire” to God upon the altar of the Lord. What exactly was this “strange fire” that they offered that so displeased the Lord? We are not told. But we are given a special insight as to how precise God wants our offerings to Him be.

Nadab and Abihu had offered something that God had not commanded. Now, one would think, “Hey, at least they were offering something to God. What wrong can be in that?” But God said they offered something that was not commanded.

A lesson should be learned by all from the reading of the account of Nadab and Abihu. That lesson is, “Do It By The Book”.

God has given us His Word as an instruction manual. This “manual” tells us what God expects of us as His dear children. If we are disobedient, God’s chastening hand will be upon us. It surely was upon Nadab and Abihu when they offered strange fire upon the altar.

The manner in which we are to live is laid out for us in the New Testament section of the Holy Bible. Now, please don’t go off on a tangent, saying I don’t like the Old Testament. I do. I cherish both the Old and the New. I read them both and learn from the both.

But the fact is, the New contains the pattern by which God wants us to live today. Hebrews 8 tells us that in AD 66 the Old Covenant was ready to pass away and that God was bringing us into a New Covenant. We cannot live in the Old Covenant promises, curses, edicts, laws, statutes, and ordinances. God doesn’t expect us to.

In AD 51, the Apostles met in Jerusalem with the religious leaders of the day. Their order of meeting was to discuss Gentiles who had been recently converted to faith in Christ. The religious leaders of Jerusalem were insisting that the Gentiles had to keep the Law of Moses or they could not be saved.

The Apostle Peter spoke before them all, rebuking them for placing a yoke upon the Gentile Brethren that neither the Jews of that day, nor their ancestors could keep themselves. Peter told them they were tempting God in their demands. The Apostle James said the Judsizers were overthrowing the souls of the Gentiles.

At the close of the meeting, James wrote a letter to the Gentile Believers and sent it to them by the hands of Paul and Barnabas, telling the Gentiles that the Apostles had given no such command that they keep the Law. He also sent Judas and Silas with the same words, but not written… they were to speak to the Gentiles, telling them that they were not commanded to keep the Mosaic Law.

The Mosaic Law was part of an Old Covenant that was soon to pass away. It was given to the Israelites living in the promised land.

In many Churches around the world today, there is a doctrine being taught that could be called “strange fire”. That doctrine is the monetary tithe requirement doctrine. Pastors will stand in their pulpits and preach from the Old Covenant the command to tithe that was given to Israel. But, they replace the tithe God commanded, an agricultural tithe, with a tithe consisting of money. It no longer is the tithe that God required of Israel. It has become “strange fire.”

No longer the agricultural tithe that was commanded by God for the children of Israel in Mount Sinai, (Leviticus 27:30-34) it is now a monetary tithe.
No longer a tithe that was to be given to Levites, to widows, to orphans, to strangers in Israel, (Numbers 18:21,24,26,28; Deuteronomy 14:22-29; Nehemiah 10:37-38) it is now given to pastors of Churches around the world.

The “tithes” were good when God had control of them, but modern-day Nadab’s, modern-day Abihu’s have turned them into a “strange fire” which God never commanded. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Many pastors today are tempting God and putting a yoke upon their congregations that God never authorized them to do. Search the Scriptures. When you do, you will find that God’s holy tithe was never carried to the Church, never commanded of the Church, and never controlled by the Church.

Pastors would do well to set aside this sin of preaching a strange fire and offering it to God in the Sunday prayers. Seek out what the New Covenant says concerning the saved and their giving. They are not to be coerced into giving, they are not to be made to fear a curse from God. Rather, they should be taught to give simply because “they love Jesus.” Teach them as the Apostle Paul taught the saints and brethren at the Church in Corinth… as they purpose in their hearts to give, give cheerfully and willingly God will be honored more by a loving offering than by “strange fire”

Do it by the Book

People, If you insist that God requires you to tithe, that you are being obedient to God and His Holy Word, at least have the decency and respect for God and His Holy Word to do it in accordance to what He has written in His Holy Word.

When you tithe, don’t take it to a Church in a Gentile land. God never commanded such. Instead, do it by the book, as God commanded, and take it to the Promised Land. ( Deut. 12:1,10-11 )

When you tithe, don’t give it to a Gentile preacher. God never commanded that. Instead, do it by the book, as God commanded, and take it to the Levite, the widow, the orphan and the stranger (which would include yourself) in the Promised Land. ( Deut 14:22-29 )

When you tithe, don’t tithe money. God never commanded such a tithe. Instead, do it by the book, as God commanded, and tithe agricultural products that are grown in the Promised Land. ( Leviticus 27:30-33)

If you insist on tithing, don’t tithe that which comes from Gentile hands on Gentile soil. God never commanded it. Instead, do it by the book, as God commanded, and move to the Promised land Israel so you can cultivate the land and have the tithe that God required in the Mosaic Law.

But remember…

.Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

If you are not going to “Do It By The Book”, don’t try to convince me that you are being obedient to God in tithing. It is just the opposite… you are being rebellious to what He decreed concerning how His Holy tithe was to be observed and kept.

Maybe it's best you stop offending in that point of the Law and just submit to God's will concerning your giving today.

2 Corinthians 9:6 (KJV) 6 But this [I say], He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

2 Corinthians 9:7 (KJV) 7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, [so let him give]; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

God does not require tithe of your money. Instead, He wants you to give simply out of your love for Him. Not as others dictate, but as you choose in your heart. Give with a willing heart and He will be pleased.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by hisableplc(m): 11:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
chysam:

Little wonder you have no understanding of the scriptures.We are talking about tithing that has no relationship with christianity and you are here digressing.Your pastor will never lose the shackles holding you back from understanding that you have been tithing under inducement and cajole.Liberating people like you from such enslavement is quite difficult because rather than know the true God you make pastors you gods.If you are a reasonable Christian you would have known that the Levite you mentioned is a new convert who just left Judaism and donated his property willingly and not forcefully. Same is applicable to Paul.Are you wiser than them?. Is your pastor wiser than people who wrote the bible and yet did not pay tithe?. Is it you and your pastor that will teach people like the apostles to pay tithe?.What spiritual guidance or understanding does one need to find out why people who even wrote the bible did not pay tithe and then ask himself if he knows better than them. Please get your people and read the whole book of Hebrew.To a large extent it truthfully tell us who a Christian is,and not pastors who combine both judaism and Christianity because of glutony.
Sir am nt confused about tithing cos a 10th of my profit is nt a problem and my offering even xceeds dat somtymz as long as my heart is right on track n my motive is gud no lele am still praying to give all like the brethren did in d days of peter if u r in d wrong congregation and ur giving wrongly pray for grace n directions and if u tired of giving lock ur money up in d bank no one is begging for ur money.
It was instituted by God show me ur own scriptures were it says stop paying tithes old n new testament
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by hisableplc(m): 11:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
i only see sticky fingers talking this way if u cant give a tenth how can u give half or all pls spare all this if u av a personal problem with giving keep ur hands in ur pocket n stop looking scriptures to back up stingy acts am a giver naturally so i dont even have a problem with it.
Nt sparing those who recieve to enrich themselves they should repent n desist from such but by their fruits u wil knw dem
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 11:43pm On Oct 19, 2014
hisableplc:

Sir am nt confused about tithing cos a 10th of my profit is nt a problem and my offering even xceeds dat somtymz as long as my heart is right on track n my motive is gud no lele am still praying to give all like the brethren did in d days of peter if u r in d wrong congregation and ur giving wrongly pray for grace n directions and if u tired of giving lock ur money up in d bank no one is begging for ur money.
It was instituted by God show me ur own scriptures were it says stop paying tithes old n new testament

On the last line, even that your long copy and paste says that the laws On tithe and Command Has been abolished.

Go read that Hebrew 7 again.

Peace.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 11:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
hisableplc:
i only see sticky fingers talking this way if u cant give a tenth how can u give half or all pls spare all this if u av a personal problem with giving keep ur hands in ur pocket n stop looking scriptures to back up stingy acts am a giver naturally so i dont even have a problem with it.
Nt sparing those who recieve to enrich themselves they should repent n desist from such but by their fruits u wil knw dem
the Bible tells us we are to give as we purpose in our own hearts to give. You have no right to judge others in their giving who do not tithe. More than likely, you are not tithing in the manner that the Bible prescribes yourself. So stop with your hypocrisy.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 11:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
hisableplc:

My friend, tithe is not "giving", it Is Paid.

Smh for you.

If I say you are confused, you will say no.

Wonderment.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:01am On Oct 20, 2014
To teach people to submit to Malachi 3:10 by ‪#‎tithing‬ is tantamount to instructing them to spend the night in the bed of a harlot.

Romans 7:1 (KJV) Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Romans 7:2 (KJV) For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Romans 7:3 (KJV) So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
Romans 7:4 (KJV) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. ‪

(pay close attention to verses 3&4)

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 6:50am On Oct 20, 2014
Image123:

You do not have the Spirit of God.

Coming from a notorious twister of scriptures and a servant of mamon like you, I laugh in Hispanic grin

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by hisableplc(m): 7:10am On Oct 20, 2014
i understand u all clearly the way i give when i have is between me n God what am saying is that a 10th is in isignificant to cos d noise....now d old testament kicks against eating of blood do u eat blood today cos we r no more under d law. Now during Christs ministry how come dey had a purse Judas was in charge remember they dropped their profession n followed Jesus where was d money coming from. you paid it or give it is all offered most of what we r giving are used majorly for running church activities for our benefits and its nt enough that most of d leaders go through this silently frm their pocket without disturbing their members in my church i av lil info about dat so if u r in a congregation where they pay pastors we dnt pay pastors or leaders or workers so u r talking based on where u com frm which i dont knowam also talking frm a diff point of view
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by chysam: 8:19am On Oct 20, 2014
PastorKun:

Coming from a notorious twister of scriptures and a servant of mamon like you, I laugh in Hispanic grin

Laughing is not enough,it's a very serious matter and you can do better than that.If he has twisted the bible.it's your duty as a true christian to correct him from the Christianity point of view.Start by educating him on why Christ never paid nor supported tithing by Christians,why the apostles never did,and even more interesting is that those who paid previously stopped paying upon accepting Christ as their Lord and saviour including a levite priest himself.Have you accepted christ as your Lord and saviour?. This is doubtful because from all indication you still accept the abolished law of Moses as your Lord and saviour.Please tell us if the apostles too twisted the bible too.Remember that some of those who did not tithe are part of the people that wrote the bible.So please explain clearly and drive your points home better,I have already given you some helps so it could be much easy for you to explain.We are all waiting.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by chysam: 8:37am On Oct 20, 2014
hisableplc:

There are many different views that people have created in order to defend the concept of a Christian tithe. I have covered quite a bit
about the simple concept that the practice of Christian tithe, which is Christians paying 10 percent of their income regularly within a
Church group is really very very different from the biblical practice of tithe.

A quick look in the Bible and one can plainly see that tithe is spoken of as a practice of the Old Testament. What they don't seem to see is that it was sacrificial in nature. In fact all of the temple practices of the Old Testament had the central purpose of making
atonement for Israel in the Old Testament. After all this was before Jesus had made His perfect offering for sin, on the cross. And it's
also quite clear that Jesus and the New Testament church did not have a storehouse.But many people seem to believe that since it seems as if the new testament does not exactly or clearly change the old testament practice of tithe, that it then is to be a continued practice in the new covenant. One of the few mentions of tithe in the New Testament is where Jesus was speaking to a group of the Pharisees and he says they tithe, and rightly they should. This is then taken as a
verification that tithe is something that should be done…..
Mt 23:23* Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Lu 11:42* But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of
God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
The first thing we ought to do is to set this into it correct context. Jesus was clearly not speaking to His followers but to people of Israel in a time before He had going to the cross and made the offering of His blood for sin. Certainly the completely accurate and correct thing for Him to say was-- yes you need to tithe, that is to say you need to keep on making those old covenant offerings for sin because He
had not yet gone to the cross. But we also ought to realize that Jesus was criticizing these same leaders for placing money and physical items (these were the goods that were being tithed) ahead of the higher and more important principles of God. So Jesus was telling them you follow the outward parts of your covenant but you're missing the more important aspects.

We should of course look into the practices of the New Testament. It's very clear the New Testament church had no storehouse for goods. They were not accumulating wealth for themselves but rather following the example of Jesus which is to give directly to the poor and needy and to the needs of the gospel as God leads. Yes there are occasional perhaps even frequent times of taking up collections
for these specific gospel oriented purposes, however there was no temple building plan nor a plan of the accumulated wealth in the
leadership of the church, nor to support a full-time professional ministry.

We need to understand the history of the Christian tithe. The Christian tithe originates from the Roman Empire and their influence on Christianity. It was Christians sitting in console with Roman emperors who chose to utilize the Old Testament temple or synagogue system as the functional basis for Christianity. They chose to utilize the pagan temples as meeting places for Christians. They chose to
minister from an altar and have a priest/pastor as leader. They chose to confine most people in a congregation which had no ministry within the function of the church but rather have the job of supporting these structures and ministerial functions. These were the choices and developments that literally can be traced back to the Roman Empire in the influence on Christianity which created the Catholic
Church.
These were the decisions and influences of the "kings of the gentiles-- the princes of the gentiles" that Jesus warned of specifically (Mt.
20:25-26, Mar. 10:42-45, Lu. 22:25-29). Three times in the gospels Jesus warned that the "rulers of the gentiles" (certainly the Romans
where the gentile rulers over Israel at that time) exercise authority one over another among themselves. This is a very accurate description of an empire, the roman empire. But Jesus said "not so among you" and so we see his followers doing their best to reach
toward his highest example of ministry function which is to work in groups of equals and to follow the commands of a Leader who is not
physically there, but rather to follow the commands of God the Father in heaven, and of course the Christians after Jesus's death and
resurrection proclaim Christ as their head. And over the centuries these choices of the Roman Empire were very well defended biblically by utilizing snips and bits from the Old
Testament occasionally combined with a word or two from the New Testament. So we see the Christian tithe, which is clearly in history
invented by the medieval Catholic Church being defended by the choice its own choice of structure and ministerial function. What I need
to say is if you have already believed you must attend a church service every week, you must be a member of a congregation which does not minister, that you must be under the authority of a pastor,that you must meet with other believers in a large building, then it's rather easy to believe that you ought to pay tithe. Because tithe fits right into the established system of function. And so those buzzwords of 'House of God, sanctuary, ordained minister, delegated authority, submit, obey', seem to be the biblical verification of
practices that have been handed down through tradition. But anyone who studies history clearly understands these are choices made by people in the past outside of the New Testament biblical function. This is begrudgingly acknowledged by most Christian groups but
rarely ever openly talked about.

What so many people do not seem to fully understand is that the New Testament changes the sacrificial laws as of the Old Testament.
And it makes perfect sense. We have a different and better offering in the blood of Jesus Christ! Tithe was simply the number of animals and the number of specific crops that God needed to be offered to make atonement for Israel's sin in the Old Testament. The New Testament changes the temple from a physical building to people. The New Testament changes the priesthood from being an authority only found in the Levitical tribe, to a priesthood and authority that is in all believers. The New Testament changes the
functioning of Christians to be completely led by God on all terms, that is to say meetings can be in small groups or occasionally large
groups but we ought to simply use what we have to meet in since we have a different purpose than Israel. The purpose of the New Testament church is to spread the gospel which means that we need to send people outward to those who have not heard the gospel as well as to help and pray for the sick, help and pray for those that need deliverance, and to help the poor and needy. The New Testament
church had gospel witnessing meetings. They understood their purpose much better than we do since their practices were centered
around the function of the gospel. Obviously if we are practicing Old Testament principles we are very easily disconnected from the purpose of the gospel which is not found in the Old Testament. We are teaching a Gospel that we are not practicing.

Many Christian churches teach the New Covenant while they're practicing the old, and so it becomes an hypocrisy. It becomes that little
bit of leaven that leavens in the whole lump. There is much good doctrine in Christian churches but our practice of Christianity is actually very far from what we preach. So we have a situation where a church leader genuinely attempts to teach the congregation that they are ministers, that they have a priesthood, that they are the temple of God-- and yet at the same time we are sitting in a practice
that says very different. We are preaching the New Testament while practicing a form of the Old Testament that contradicts what we are
teaching.

Tithe is one of the strongest "glues" that holds us to the Old Covenant practices. As I said there are many biblical excuses and reasoning for the Christian ties. Some say it is law, some say it is above the law. If only we could see the simple verse that changes ties that is in the New Testament. Hebrews 7:8 says....
"And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth."

Here men that die receive tithes-- these are the Old Covenant Levitical high priests who received the tithe. But the New Testament ordains a new High Priest, Jesus. Again most Christian churches will of course agree that Jesus is the High Priest, what they exclude is the fact that only the high priest in the Bible has the right to receive tithes. So what tithe does Jesus our High Priest need to receive?
This simple verse spells it out……
There, in heaven, He, Jesus, receives of them up who it is witnessed that he lives. Gospel witnessing is the New Testament tithe.
Jesus wants to receive the souls of those who have received the witness that He is alive. Gospel witnessing is the New Testament
tithe.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 9:43am On Oct 20, 2014
chysam:

Laughing is not enough,it's a very serious matter and you can do better than that.If he has twisted the bible.it's your duty as a true christian to correct him from the Christianity point of view.Start by educating him on why Christ never paid nor supported tithing by Christians,why the apostles never did,and even more interesting is that those who paid previously stopped paying upon accepting Christ as their Lord and saviour including a levite priest himself.Have you accepted christ as your Lord and saviour?. This is doubtful because from all indication you still accept the abolished law of Moses as your Lord and saviour.Please tell us if the apostles too twisted the bible too.Remember that some of those who did not tithe are part of the people that wrote the bible.So please explain clearly and drive your points home better,I have already given you some helps so it could be much easy for you to explain.We are all waiting.

You are obviously new on this forum otherwise you would have known that I have been debating and teaching image123 about tithes as far back as 2008. Me and several people on this forum have severally taught and explained the biblical truth about tithes to him but because of the filthy lucre he derives from this practise, he is ready to sell his soul to the devil and twist scriptures just to defend the scam.

There is nothing to teach image123 again, he knows the truth though he rejects it. We can only pray for the holy spirit to convict him.

5 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2014
hisableplc:
i understand u all clearly the way i give when i have is between me n God what am saying is that a 10th is in isignificant to cos d noise....now d old testament kicks against eating of blood do u eat blood today cos we r no more under d law. Now during Christs ministry how come dey had a purse Judas was in charge remember they dropped their profession n followed Jesus where was d money coming from. you paid it or give it is all offered most of what we r giving are used majorly for running church activities for our benefits and its nt enough that most of d leaders go through this silently frm their pocket without disturbing their members in my church i av lil info about dat so if u r in a congregation where they pay pastors we dnt pay pastors or leaders or workers so u r talking based on where u com frm which i dont knowam also talking frm a diff point of view

Command to abstain from blood given to Gentile converts in New Testament. Acts 15:28-29

Christ, being from the Tribe of Judah, was not authorized to receive the tithes of the people. Only Levites, widows, orphans and foreigners had that authority. Luke 8:1-3 reveals that many women ministered to Jesus with their substance. Love offerings, not tithes. Money was never given to others as a tithe. On one occasion, Jesus had Peter catch a fish to find money. (Judas obviously had no money at that point in time) Matthew 17. Who knows? He may have been very adept at finding money when money was needed.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 1:19pm On Oct 20, 2014
PastorKun:

You are obviously new on this forum otherwise you would have known that I have been debating and teaching image123 about tithes as far back as 2008. Me and several people on this forum have severally taught and explained the biblical truth about tithes to him but because of the filthy lucre he derives from this practise, he is ready to sell his soul to the devil and twist scriptures just to defend the scam.

There is nothing to teach image123 again, he knows the truth though he rejects it. We can only pray for the holy spirit to convict him.
Right! And let's not forget the theological tithe discussion (of which Image123 was a participant) that lasted 58 days. Image is well aware of what the Bible says concerning tithes. He refuses to accept it.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by hisableplc(m): 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2014
MarkMiwerds:

Command to abstain from blood given to Gentile converts in New Testament. Acts 15:28-29

Christ, being from the Tribe of Judah, was not authorized to receive the tithes of the people. Only Levites, widows, orphans and foreigners had that authority. Luke 8:1-3 reveals that many women ministered to Jesus with their substance. Love offerings, not tithes. Money was never given to others as a tithe. On one occasion, Jesus had Peter catch a fish to find money. (Judas obviously had no money at that point in time) Matthew 17. Who knows? He may have been very adept at finding money when money was needed.

if d law was abolishd y dont we mould graven image n worship steal n do dos tin which were commanded not to do. one thing u fail to understand is dat d law led to imperfection and dat was wat led to d new testament message which is luv dat envelops d whole law if u can luv u can kip d whole commandment
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 3:56pm On Oct 20, 2014
hisableplc:

if d law was abolishd y dont we mould graven image n worship steal n do dos tin which were commanded not to do. one thing u fail to understand is dat d law led to imperfection and dat was wat led to d new testament message which is luv dat envelops d whole law if u can luv u can kip d whole commandment
simply because we love the Lord. We have no need to mold graven images when we serve the true God. Why steal, when our God provides for us all that we need?

Do you keep the whole commandment, hisableplc? Do you take His tithe annually to Israel and give it to the Levites in Hebron, Shechem, and forty-six other Levitical cities as written in the Law? If not, don't act all pious, saying we can keep the Law.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by chysam: 4:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
hisableplc:

You have just demonstrated here that you are simply under the law of your pastor,and both of you know absolutely nothing about the gospel of christ.Little wonder why stealing from people through old testament tithing is your priority. Scroll down and read my write up and perhaps your liberation will start from there.
Also stop saving your bible inside your box,it's not a sacred property but a good spiritual teacher. The book of Hebrew and infacts some other gospel books clearly stated that who ever still follow the commands of the law is not worshipping Jesus Christ but something else.Please teach your pastor this in time so he too might be saved.Perhaps he is not aware of this and that's why he keeps teaching you and other members of your church that the law of Moses is still operative. Do you have any question?

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 5:34pm On Oct 20, 2014
hisableplc:
i dont think this is worth arguing but so many needs illumination of d mind by d Spirit....
If u can give ur life to Christ what is money u cant give for him mind u know where and who you tithe to so u xpand d right kingdom.
I only see people who value their properties other than their lives and the lives of others.

Acts 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

Acts 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
Acts 4:35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.
Acts 4:36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,
Acts 4:37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
laid it at d apostles feets to buy 10jets to carry arms/launder hard curencies and build schools d believers children can not afford. Continue to practice Judaism while decieving urself.

5 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 5:50pm On Oct 20, 2014
truthislight:

Lol.

In that his Version, levites pay tithes to pastors.

Lol.
u'v never heard anything from these fraud promoters, one of them actually called Jesus Christ a pharisee.

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 5:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
christemmbassey:
u'v never heard anything from these fraud promoters, one of them actually cald Jesus Christ a pharisee.

I know who he is\was.... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 6:39pm On Oct 20, 2014
Goshen360:

bros these armed robber can do anything o, thief na thief sha. A very blessed evening to u sir, sorry we could not connect recently, i'v been very busy.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 6:58pm On Oct 20, 2014
christemmbassey:
bros these armed robber can do anything o, thief na thief sha. A very blessed evening to u sir, sorry we could not connect recently, i'v been very busy.

Yes brother. I tried calling but maybe bad network. Please send me an email again if your number changed.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 7:26pm On Oct 20, 2014
Goshen360:

Yes brother. I tried calling but maybe bad network. Please send me an email again if your number changed.
d number remains d same.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
christemmbassey:
u'v never heard anything from these fraud promoters, one of them actually cald Jesus Christ a pharisee.

O! You also heard it too.
I first heard that from one pastor Bidam.

Very informative and insightful, helps one to know how their mind works.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 9:15pm On Oct 20, 2014
Goshen360:

Lol.

Do you ? cheesy
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
christemmbassey:

People mistake them for people that should have conscience because they are carrying the bible, but they forgot that some people use to carry Bible befor while doing money doubling and defrauding people.

I have been asking myself where have all those bible carrying con men have gone to, well, be my guest.

When they were carrying bible befor to trick others, did they not know there was God ? Why not ? They did, but their love/greed for material things killed their conscience.

What then stops them from entering the church with same bible when it will give legality to the same fraud ? Fraud na fraud afterall, does it make any difference when it is done in church ?

The truth remains, their emphases is on money, and nothing more.

People that never have love for the bible to read it themself easily fall for their baits, people that are in it for what they can get and not love for God and his word.

That explains why we dont see bible carrying con men on the street again this days because they have a better option, they have all gone into the churches, cool for them.

Then, we want to stop them from collecting 10% of peoples salary. grin

If they catch you, you are dead.

How then can they willingly leave tithe alone ? Is that possible ?

When did they build their conscience up to that level ?

SHM.

2thessalonian 2:10-12.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by MarkMiwerds(m): 11:19pm On Oct 20, 2014
If we read Hebrews 7:8 in its context, it is easy to see that that verse is not speaking of the monetary tithe that is being preached in the pulpits today. Back up to verse 5. What does it say?

Hebrews 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

Who has the command to receive tithes? Pastors on Gentile soil? Nope. The sons of Levi... Israelites who were given the command and authority to receive the tithes way back in 1450 BC. (Numbers 18:21-28; Nehemiah 10:37-38) And what was the tithe that they were to receive? An agricultural tithe.

Here men that die (Levites) have a command to receive tithes. It was AD 66, and the Temple was still standing. The Levites and Temple Priests who did not recognize Jesus Christ as Messiah were still operating in the commands of the Mosaic Law. They had a command to receive agricultural tithes from their brethren.

Hebrews 7:8 does not endorse a monetary tithe requirement doctrine for the New Testament Church.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by chysam: 10:52am On Oct 21, 2014
MarkMiwerds:
If we read Hebrews 7:8 in its context, it is easy to see that that verse is not speaking of the monetary tithe that is being preached in the pulpits today. Back up to verse 5. What does it say?

Hebrews 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

Who has the command to receive tithes? Pastors on Gentile soil? Nope. The sons of Levi... Israelites who were given the command and authority to receive the tithes way back in 1450 BC. (Numbers 18:21-28; Nehemiah 10:37-38) And what was the tithe that they were to receive? An agricultural tithe.

Here men that die (Levites) have a command to receive tithes. It was AD 66, and the Temple was still standing. The Levites and Temple Priests who did not recognize Jesus Christ as Messiah were still operating in the commands of the Mosaic Law. They had a command to receive agricultural tithes from their brethren.

Hebrews 7:8 does not endorse a monetary tithe requirement doctrine for the New Testament Church.

Is it grammatical deficiency or lack of spiritual guidance. An early Christian pastor talking to early christian gathering,telling them what non christian worshippers were doing.That they received tithe according to Law of Moses which that same pastor addressing them was not doing and did not encourage.The person quoting that verse out of context,is he actually saying that the addresser was demanding for tithe from those he was talking to?. Is he saying that the addresser was teaching them to learn from the people of Torah about tithing?. For GOD,s Sake,when will people stop using God's word against God.That verse is very very very clear to even a toddler.it's not confusing at all. Our fathers used to tell us how their own fathers worshipped idols even though the have become christians.Does it now mean that they were telling us to go back to the idol worship of our grandfathers

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (43) (Reply)

Isaac, Bishop Oyedepo's Son, Resigns From Living Faith Church / Prophet Odumeje Was Slapped & Beaten By Security During His Church Demolition / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.