Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Korean Movies Chatroom - TV/Movies (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Korean Movies Chatroom (1962274 Views)

List Of 2014 And 2015 Korean Dramas / Interestin Korean Movies / Website For Downloading Korean Movies For Free.., (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (2174) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Aida13: 12:08pm On Feb 28, 2015
hilda90:

yeah, i like good doctor,i am going to finish it soon. did you just type kitchen chang wook?is that one of his names? lol, ji chang wook has many names,his fans call him many names,he was named puppy after empress ki,i wonder what they call him now.

Ommggg my bad it's my phone's keyboard autocorrect that puts me in all sorts of trouble grin grin I typed Ji and it corrected it into Kitchen and I must have missed it. I definitely meant Ji Chang Wook. Wow, I didn't know it was from Empress Ki they started calling him 'Puppy'. Uggh I loved them together in that drama - I was definitely shipping Sungyang and the Emperor and NOT her and Wang yu.

I started Coffee Prince and it's very nice, the girl is soo funny in ep 01.
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by hilda90(f): 12:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
Aida13:

Ommggg my bad it's my phone's keyboard autocorrect that puts me in all sorts of trouble grin grin I typed Ji and it corrected it into Kitchen and I must have missed it. I definitely meant Ji Chang Wook. Wow, I didn't know it was from Empress Ki they started calling him 'Puppy'. Uggh I loved them together in that drama - I was definitely shipping Sungyang and the Emperor and NOT her and Wang yu.

lmao,i guessed it might be a mistake. yeah, Ji Chang Wook was named puppy after empress ki. i actually shipped the emperor and nyang, never liked the king. happy to know you are watching coffe prince, Yoon Eun Hye is very good in comedy, same with Gong Yoo.
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by hilda90(f): 12:55pm On Feb 28, 2015
ellab:
lmao I dunno y I'm excited but I am. I checked the changmin thread on soompi and wookie's current translated interview makes me laugh.Dude is so bad in answering questions.so bad.grin
Was it that bad? i like his interviews cos he gives honest answers. Actually, ji chang wook is very different from his onscreen persona,he is kinda shy in real life. i remember watching his running man episode cos people were talking about it, boy was very shy and said few words,and when they were riding the rollercoaster,he was so scared and was shouting omma! omma!.i laughed out loud when i watched it, same with his radio star interview.
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by ellab(f): 1:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
hilda90:

Was it that bad? i like his interviews cos he gives honest answers. Actually, ji chang wook is very different from his onscreen persona,he is kinda shy in real life. i remember watching his running man episode cos people were talking about it, boy was very shy and said few words,and when they were riding the rollercoaster,he was so scared and was shouting omma! omma!.i laughed out loud when i watched it, same with his radio star interview.

I watched d running man episode too.I pitied him but I couldn't stop laughing.
There was an interview and d bolded part is wat killed me and basically everyone.he beat around d Bush to answer a simple question.

Translation of the Yonhap news article
Yonhap news Feb 27:

Recently the KBS drama Healer ended its broadcast.
There has been rumours that the leads in the show Ji
Chang Wook and Park Min Young became a real couple.
Our reporter recently interviewed him and ask him
directly if both of them are really dating. Ji Chang Wook
answered: Dating rumours? I want to say that it meant
that my acting was really real, I am quite calm towards
rumours.
Ji Chang Wook said, the two of them are not dating. It
is a process, every drama that he filmed is a process
and experience. In Healer, Ji Chang Wook has great
martial arts skills and romanced Park Min Young in a
sweet romantic story. During the filming of Empress Ki,
someone asked me if I am dating Ha Ji Won too. This
time, I have good synergy working with Park Min Young.
After acting in a romantic drama, if there are people
who ask if I am dating the co-actress, then it just prove
to everyone my acting skils. Ji Chang Wook smiled and
replied
Within the industry, not only he acted well in romantic
scenes, but his acting abilities has greatly improved in
the Healer drama. He is now officially qualified as a
leading male actor. With regards to this, Ji Chang Wook
said that when he just debut, he felt he has no abilities
and wanted to give up as an actor. During that time,
Kim Yoo Suk senior who acted with him in Smile
Donghae said “there are no innate genius actors in this
world”. This phrase helped me a lot. My conclusion is
that actors ultimately are portraying human beings, and
most of the time its ordinary people. In order to act
these ordinary characters well, the only way is to
continue to work hard.

read d answer well,afterall,he said he's good in dating secretly.

forums.soompi.com/en/discussion/2025690/official-ji-chang-wook-park-min-young-changmin-healer-couple/p111
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by hilda90(f): 2:12pm On Feb 28, 2015
[quote author=ellab post=31168970]

I watched d running man episode too.I pitied him but I couldn't stop laughing.
There was an interview and d bolded part is wat killed me and basically everyone.he beat around d Bush to answer a simple question.

Translation of the Yonhap news article
Yonhap news Feb 27:

Recently the KBS drama Healer ended its broadcast.
There has been rumours that the leads in the show Ji
Chang Wook and Park Min Young became a real couple.
Our reporter recently interviewed him and ask him
directly if both of them are really dating. Ji Chang Wook
answered: Dating rumours? I want to say that it meant
that my acting was really real, I am quite calm towards
rumours.
Ji Chang Wook said, the two of them are not dating. It
is a process, every drama that he filmed is a process
and experience. In Healer, Ji Chang Wook has great
martial arts skills and romanced Park Min Young in a
sweet romantic story. During the filming of Empress Ki,
someone asked me if I am dating Ha Ji Won too. This
time, I have good synergy working with Park Min Young.
After acting in a romantic drama, if there are people
who ask if I am dating the co-actress, then it just prove
to everyone my acting skils. Ji Chang Wook smiled and
replied
Within the industry, not only he acted well in romantic
scenes, but his acting abilities has greatly improved in
the Healer drama. He is now officially qualified as a
leading male actor. With regards to this, Ji Chang Wook
said that when he just debut, he felt he has no abilities
and wanted to give up as an actor. During that time,
Kim Yoo Suk senior who acted with him in Smile
Donghae said “there are no innate genius actors in this
world”. This phrase helped me a lot. My conclusion is
that actors ultimately are portraying human beings, and
most of the time its ordinary people. In order to act
these ordinary characters well, the only way is to
continue to work hard.

read d answer well,afterall,he said he's good in dating secretly.
[/quote
wow,i like his answers,even if they are dating,it will be better if he doesnt reveal it. it is always better for actors to keep their relationships secret. The same thing happened to jung yong hwa and park shin hye, they were rumoured to be dating, and korean netizens claimed they saw them on different occasions but they denied it. accepting the rumour will put a lot of pressure on them.
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 28, 2015
hilda90:

i hardly see any fat young girl in korea drama,the only fat people are their ajummas. Is the drama interesting?i am looking for dramas to add to my watchlist
Even though they eat like glutton in kdramas...ye the drama is interesting,you gonna like it
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 28, 2015
Aida13:

So a thread on Korean dramas exists on nairaland? Wow, i googled Secret Door (bought it today) and i stumbled on your previous post.

How interesting is secret door? I will watch it throughout tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Atk01(f): 10:04pm On Feb 28, 2015
You guys need to see 'What Happens to my Family' I know it's long-53 episodes- , but we all did watch Empress Ki of 51 episodes. It's so wow! I'm watching the final episode tomorrow, and I'm crying already. I haven't cried since Empress Ki. The drama is just the best...
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Aida13: 10:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
Obiagelli:

So a thread on Korean dramas exists on nairaland? Wow, i googled Secret Door (bought it today) and i stumbled on your previous post.

How interesting is secret door? I will watch it throughout tomorrow.

Secret Door was beautifully shot and I normally love historical dramas. I didn't get to watch this past the first three episodes. It has a great premise and starts out well but didn't pull me in at all. My verdict? Try it out and decide smiley A little trivia - Lee Je-hoon the lead male won best actor for his role in this drama, which is incredible considering the drama's low ratings. People really commended him for his effort. Do check it out and let us know.

And welcome on board! Feel free to share your views any time.
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 28, 2015
Aida13:

Secret Door was beautifully shot and I normally love historical dramas. I didn't get to watch this past the first three episodes. It has a great premise and starts out well but didn't pull me in at all. My verdict? Try it out and decide smiley A little trivia - Lee Je-hoon the lead male won best actor for his role in this drama, which is incredible considering the drama's low ratings. People really commended him for his effort. Do check it out and let us know.

And welcome on board! Feel free to share your views any time.
Thanks for the insight, i hope i get to enjoy it. I will be following this thread. Thank for the quick reply.

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Aida13: 10:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
Atk01:
You guys need to see 'What Happens to my Family' I know it's long-53 episodes- , but we all did watch Empress Ki of 51 episodes. It's so wow! I'm watching the final episode tomorrow, and I'm crying already. I haven't cried since Empress Ki. The drama is just the best...

I've been hearing about this drama. About how great it is and of course the ratings are out of the roof. I saw that it won a lot of awards for best actor, actress, screenplay and couple at KBS. Wow--if I'm to start I'm worried I won't have time for anything else cos I can get so absorbed grin grin Also the fact that the episodes are all available I'm just going to keep watching and watching non-stop so yeah, no self-control grin

I'll probably check it out sometime soon smiley
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Atk01(f): 10:59pm On Feb 28, 2015
Aida13:

I've been hearing about this drama. About how great it is and of course the ratings are out of the roof. I saw that it won a lot of awards for best actor, actress, screenplay and couple at KBS. Wow--if I'm to start I'm worried I won't have time for anything else cos I can get so absorbed grin grin Also the fact that the episodes are all available I'm just going to keep watching and watching non-stop so yeah, no self-control grin

I'll probably check it out sometime soon smiley
Lool. It was one of the highest rated KBS dramas of last year, and won lots of awards including the Deasang/ Grand prize- highest award- at the KBS drama awards for the lead actor. ( Although he also starred in Jeong Do Jeon another ratings success of KBS). You should totally check it out when you have the time.
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Aida13: 11:12pm On Feb 28, 2015
Obiagelli:

Thanks for the insight, i hope i get to enjoy it. I will be following this thread. Thank for the quick reply.

You're welcome! Looking forward to your input soon. We're all one big family here lol

Atk01:

Lool. It was one of the highest rated KBS dramas of last year, and won lots of awards including the Deasang/ Grand prize- highest award- at the KBS drama awards for the lead actor. ( Although he also starred in Jeong Do Jeon another ratings success of KBS). You should totally check it out when you have the time.

Whoooa Daesang/Grand Prize?? Then I definitely will check it out asap. Will just have to ration myself to a few episodes a day grin grin I used to avoid family dramas like a plague no matter how good. But since the review is coming from you I'm truly interested now. If I can follow through the 100+ episodes of King's Daughter (Su baek Hyang) then 50 or so episodes should be a piece of cake lol.

Have a nice night guys!!

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Atk01(f): 7:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
Good evening everyone, happy Sunday and Happy new month. How are y'all doing?
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Aida13: 8:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
Atk01:

Happy New Month of March grin grin whooo I'm so pumped up for the upcoming dramas. Remember how it felt when Healer started? I hope we can get the feeling of anticipation and excitement again with new dramas in March/April.

I saw one of your past posts, about liking k-dramas with those homo-elements. I thought it was just me lol. Is it weird to see the male lead getting confused over feelings for a girl he thinks is a boy? (like in Sungkyunkwan Scandal grin grin) and so many other k-dramas have that. I'm trying to think of more but if you know any maybe you could list them. I mean those similar to the SSchool Scandal. I'm trying to remember the ones I know but can't sad
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by ellab(f): 9:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
Atk01:
same to u
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by ellab(f): 9:47pm On Mar 01, 2015
Aida13:

Happy New Month of March grin grin whooo I'm so pumped up for the upcoming dramas. Remember how it felt when Healer started? I hope we can get the feeling of anticipation and excitement again with new dramas in March/April.

I saw one of your past posts, about liking k-dramas with those homo-elements. I thought it was just me lol. Is it weird to see the male lead getting confused over feelings for a girl he thinks is a boy? (like in Sungkyunkwan Scandal grin grin) and so many other k-dramas have that. I'm trying to think of more but if you know any maybe you could list them. I mean those similar to the SSchool Scandal. I'm trying to remember the ones I know but can't sad

coffee Prince,empress ki,there r a lot.
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Aida13: 9:51pm On Mar 01, 2015
ellab:

coffee Prince,empress ki,there r a lot.

Yep already know those two. Coffee Prince is cool but it looks really outdated in the filming. I mean the images look like they were really made in 2001 or something. I'm not a fan of the lead male, but I will try and finish episode one. I like the lead female she's cool. Not sure how she'll look as a woman but as a boy I like how Park Min Young looked even when dressed as a boy. And Empress Ki was awesome. I'm actually watching a few episodes as I reminisce on the good old days when I first saw the drama grin grin grin

Still counting the hours till Blood ep 5 and 6. Please @ help the Bloodmates out with the updated episodes as soon as you can. Many thanks smiley
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Atk01(f): 10:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
Aida13:

There is a new drama taking over from King's Face. It's titled Unkind Women, and there is an actor I like in the drama; Song Jae Rim, so I'm all for the drama.
SK scandal, Empress Ki and Coffee prince are all I've watched with that theme. I wish there were more as it's so funny watching the guy agonize over his feelings for the other boy(girl).
Coffee prince is an old drama, 2007. That's why the images are like that, but it's cool despite all that. The girl didn't really look different after her coming out as a girl. She was still as flat chested as before, lol.
Oh! I forgot to add You are Beautiful.
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Atk01(f): 10:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
ellab:

same to u
smiley
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Aida13: 11:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
Atk01:

There is a new drama taking over from King's Face. It's titled Unkind Women, and there is an actor I like in the drama; Song Jae Rim, so I'm all for the drama.
SK scandal, Empress Ki and Coffee prince are all I've watched with that theme. I wish there were more as it's so funny watching the guy agonize over his feelings for the other boy(girl).
Coffee prince is an old drama, 2007. That's why the images are like that, but it's cool despite all that. The girl didn't really look different after her coming out as a girl. She was still as flat chested as before, lol.
Oh! I forgot to add You are Beautiful.

Asian women are basically flat chested so that's nothing new. From all those centuries of tying their chests to look like prepubescent boys all through their lives grin grin Back then women were supposed to look 13 forever lol. Now you hardly see an Asian with 'assets' and besides, they're comfortable with their bodies that way.

I think SK scandal and Empress Ki handled the cross-dressing theme very well. As for Coffee Prince and U're Beautiful, I'll keep them on ice. Funny enough 89% of K-dramas involve the woman performing some form of cross-dressing. Either to get into a certain school, a job or to hide a secret grin grin But we can't have enough of it so yeah, more please. lol
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Aida13: 11:43pm On Mar 01, 2015
Atk01:

I've checked it out. Seeing some familiar faces in the cast, especially the matured characters. I've never watched a drama from the two main leads though. It looks like fun, though comedies are not my forte I will check this out.

Details
Title: Unkind Women / 착하지 않은 여자들
Also known as: Unkind Ladies / Bad Women
Genre: Family, Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 24
Broadcast network: KBS2
Broadcast period: 2015-Feb-25 to 2015-May-14
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 22:00

Synopsis
This drama features the women of three generations and people around them.

Ma Ri (Lee Ha Na) grows up as a good teacher of this generation where there is no true mentor. Hyun Sook (Chae Shi Ra), who has been a troublemaker, realizes the love and support of her family. Kang Soon Ok (Kim Hye Ja) regards herself as unlucky, but later on realizes how happy she has been.

How can you hold up when your life gets tough? You will figure it out by holding up day by day, just like these women in the drama.

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Atk01(f): 11:47pm On Mar 01, 2015
Aida13:

Asian women are basically flat chested so that's nothing new. From all those centuries of tying their chests to look like prepubescent boys all through their lives grin grin Back then women were supposed to look 13 forever lol. Now you hardly see an Asian with 'assets' and besides, they're comfortable with their bodies that way.

I think SK scandal and Empress Ki handled the cross-dressing theme very well. As for Coffee Prince and U're Beautiful, I'll keep them on ice. Funny enough 89% of K-dramas involve the woman performing some form of cross-dressing. Either to get into a certain school, a job or to hide a secret grin grin But we can't have enough of it so yeah, more please. lol
Yup. E. Ki and SK scandal did pretty well with the cross-dressing theme. There's another drama I stumbled upon where the girl pretended to be a boy and got into a boys dorm. I can't remember the name, as I haven't even watched it.
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Atk01(f): 11:49pm On Mar 01, 2015
Aida13:

I've checked it out. Seeing some familiar faces in the cast, especially the matured characters. I've never watched a drama from the two main leads though. It looks like fun, though comedies are not my forte I will check this out.

Cool. smiley
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Aida13: 11:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
Yikes I just realized that Song Jae-rim (romantic lead in Unkind Ladies) was actually Kim Soo-hyun's bodyguard in Moon Embraces the Sun. Oh my gawd grin grin he didn't say much then but I remember I thought he looked hot. How nice he's having his own drama now. PDs (production directors) and networks are now focusing on lesser known leads now that most of the first-pick guys are going off to the Military for the next two years or so grin

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Aida13: 11:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
Atk01:

Yup. E. Ki and SK scandal did pretty well with the cross-dressing theme. There's another drama I stumbled upon where the girl pretended to be a boy and got into a boys dorm. I can't remember the name, as I haven't even watched it.

Could that be Blade and Petal (Sword and Flower)?? I too just remembered that the female lead had to disguise as a boy to infiltrate a spy school. I loved the way the male lead kept wondering where he'd seen her face before lol. I totally love that drama.
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Atk01(f): 11:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
Aida13:
Yikes I just realized that Song Jae-rim (romantic lead in Unkind Ladies) was actually Kim Soo-hyun's bodyguard in Moon Embraces the Sun. Oh my gawd grin grin he didn't say much then but I remember I thought he looked hot. How nice he's having his own drama now. PDs (production directors) and networks are now focusing on lesser known leads now that most of the first-pick guys are going off to the Military for the next two years or so grin

You got that right! grin I first saw him in Inspiring Generation in a minor role and I was like I've got to see him again. Then I watched Moon Embracing the sun and I was hooked. I'm so glad he's finally gotten his own drama.
It's a good thing the usual leading guys are getting enlisted, it'll give other actors time to shine.
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Atk01(f): 11:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
Aida13:

Could that be Blade and Petal (Sword and Flower)?? I too just remembered that the female lead had to disguise as a boy to infiltrate a spy school. I loved the way the male lead kept wondering where he'd seen her face before lol. I totally love that drama.
No, it's not Blade and Petal. It's a modern drama, not historical. I'll look up the name and tell you.
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Aida13: 12:02am On Mar 02, 2015
Atk01:

No, it's not Blade and Petal. It's a modern drama, not historical. I'll look up the name and tell you.

OK, thanks.

Atk01:

You got that right! grin I first saw him in Inspiring Generation in a minor role and I was like I've got to see him again. Then I watched Moon Embracing the sun and I was hooked. I'm so glad he's finally gotten his own drama.
It's a good thing the usual leading guys are getting enlisted, it'll give other actors time to shine.

True...but there's a reason they usually came second grin grin they might not have the winning formula acting to make a drama reach those top ratings. Still, I like the idea of giving others a chance. So yes, will be totally rooting for Song Jae-rim in Unkind Women grin grin
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Atk01(f): 12:12am On Mar 02, 2015
Aida13:

OK, thanks.

True...but there's a reason they usually came second grin grin they might not have the winning formula acting to make a drama reach those top ratings. Still, I like the idea of giving others a chance. So yes, will be totally rooting for Song Jae-rim in Unkind Women grin grin
The drama is To the Beautiful You.
There's another historical drama Painter of the Wind where a woman disguised as a man. A master painter fell in love with him/her, and so did another woman- Moon Chae Won-. In fact, both women won a best couple award, lol.
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Aida13: 12:17am On Mar 02, 2015
Atk01:

The drama is To the Beautiful You.
There's another historical drama Painter of the Wind where a woman disguised as a man. A master painter fell in love with him/her, and so did another woman- Moon Chae Won-. In fact, both women won a best couple award, lol.

hhaaaha just like in SSchool Scandal, when the gisaeng chick fell in love with the male Park Min young grin grin It was painful to watch really. Lol

Ok, To the Beautiful You and Painter of the Wind. Noted, and thanks.

Been looking for Painter of the Wind for AGES. I heard it's a visual beauty to watch. I also like the storyline on paper. I hope I find it soon...
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Atk01(f): 12:24am On Mar 02, 2015
Aida13:

hhaaaha just like in SSchool Scandal, when the gisaeng chick fell in love with the male Park Min young grin grin It was painful to watch really. Lol

Ok, To the Beautiful You and Painter of the Wind. Noted, and thanks.

Been looking for Painter of the Wind for AGES. I heard it's a visual beauty to watch. I also like the storyline on paper. I hope I find it soon...
It was really painful to watch. I got the dvd of Painter of the Wind from a friend, but I haven't gotten around to watch it. You have a lot of dramas lined up for you to watch, fighting! grin
Goodnight, sweet dreams. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (2174) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.