Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

............. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ............. (8882 Views)

My Husband Is Always Running / Pls Help, My Marriage Is Killing Me. / My Husband Is Killing Me Slowly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ............. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
soul_glo: You really helped him be useless. You took money that was not yours and gave to him and till today he has not paid it all back. If you could give him money that was not yours of course you would give him everything else. Remember that as you carry on this nonsense you are punishing your children. I really don't care about you. It is the children I feel sorry for. You are choosing to keep doing what you are doing. Please don't start with the "he does not give me peace if I don't do it". If he tells you to kill someone would you do it. Honestly your behavior makes you just as irresponsible as him.You called your SIL and she gave you her opinion but of course you totally ignored it. [b]Open that account and do not make it a secret. Let him know the account is there but make sure he has no access. [/b]In fact show him the balance every month. If he wants to run head first into a concrete wall because you refuse to give it to him then let him do just that. One less mouth to feed.

+1! Everything you wrote is on point. I like the bolded part especially - because I also do not think she should keep the account a secret (that is, if she opens a new account). By doing that, she would still be giving him control, because now she has to be living on tip-toes 'cuz of him. She should tell him about it, but give him no access, like you suggested.

1 Like

Re: ............. by otise: 6:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
acorn tree: Op@ if what u describe above is true, u must be a big fool for u to be fending for a complete grown up lazy man. The responsibility of a man is to take care of his family even if ur income is more than his. ur husband is a complete irresponsible lazy man. From what u describe above, it seem ure making him see ur marriage as a favour for u. I would advise uve one on one talk with him.let him know that marriage is not suppose to be like this. A man should not depend on a woman likewise a woman.after sometime,if he is still adamant, not ready to get a job I advise u open a secret account and stop providing for him. if not u will be working and end up living a wretched life.
kai, for God sake dats smbody's wife u are callin a fool learn to have respect for women. Must u comment and pls always tame ur tongue and b civilize haba!

1 Like

Re: ............. by StateOfMind: 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
dayokanu: I have read this thread and can just laugh. The same women who would argue for a housewife that the husband should do everything

They argue cleaning and cooking is a job on his own

Now they have a man cooking and cleaning for the woman to bring in the bacon solely has now become wahala.

Abi where are all those people?

Now a man with no job has to be denied his conjugal rights. Maybe you should just divorce him to make things easier. I hope jobless women too would have no right to demand for sex from their husband. A job is your ticket to sex with your spouse Nowadays, As Greatgid would say, May God help us
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NB: I am never in support of any partner in a marriage being lazy or playing househusband/housewife Just that its funny seeing people who usually condone that act from women now vexing when the shoe is on the other foot

I was expecting this gender twist from you. If the Op was a man, you'd have insulted the woman and called her names. In this century where men like you are quick to assume every woman's woes in her marriage is due to her joblessness and inability to bring something to the table, until the poster comes to prove you wrong, yet you can not say what is right irrespective of the gender.

You think people wouldn't have descended on the wife if the situation were reversed? It would have even been simpler cos as a man, he'd have more courage and control to withdraw all these privileges from his lazy wife without being seen as not submissive or disrespectful. The only thing I believe is stopping this woman is because she wants to keep being seen as submissive and respectful to her husband. Yet the man is not making efforts.

Just the same way you heavily condemn lazy housewives, do the same to this irresponsible man. do the right thing and stop playing gender card. This isn't even about being the house husband alone, he is a reckless spender with overbloated ego and clearly lacks focus. At least most housewives spend on themselves and their children, but in this case, this man can not account for anything in his life, and for his own blood sister to have advised the wife on opening a secret account, that should tell you he's been known to be irresponsible.

11 Likes

Re: ............. by InesQor(m): 6:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
Yield:

+1! Everything you wrote is on point. I like the bolded part especially - because I also do not think she should keep the account a secret (that is, if she opens a new account). By doing that, she would still be giving him control, because now she has to be living on tip-toes 'cuz of him. She should tell him about it, but give him no access, like you suggested.

smiley You're very wise for your age. I like that.

4 Likes

Re: ............. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
StateOfMind:

Don't let him blackmail you. From your narration, you have done more than enough for this man;paying rent for 2yrs, lending huge sum for business even after largely contributing to pay off his huge debt. Did he call what he's going through small financial crises? I wonder what small means to him then. And why are some posters saying you should be giving him some amount monthly? Is he working for you? What exactly is he doing with the money? Madam, go to your banks and block your atm cards, change you password too like some posters have suggested and be the only signatory to your account.

How can you be working your ass off while someone would just be chopping ur money? And you end up being the broke one? Even men would not tolerate this from a woman in this century not to talk of a woman tolerating this. if he wants to keep lazing about without a dime, let him be. With time, he'd return to his senses. And if he doesn't, his loss. Just make sure you start doing the right thing-save your money. You sure don't want your child to suffer.

So many feminists on this thread but how disturbing to see them speaking from both sides of their mouth.

Would you advice in this manner if the roles were reversed ?

If it was the woman that had been jobless for so long, would you have seen anything wrong in that ?

I keep shouting that men and women are not equal and that they can never be.

I thought y'all said women = men so let them do what the man does, you begin to raise dust huh ?

What exactly do you women want ?

@Op trust me, unless a miracle happens your marriage is dead already because you are gonna receive on this thread enough confidence to walk out on your marriage with some women even linning up to award you a medal of honour for that.

But remember, he maybe lazy, decietful, cunning, hopeless, unpresentable.

He is also one thing, your husband.

And I hope you understand what that means ?

Its true you are the one paying the bills in your home, why don't you go ahead and tell every one on your street too.

Atleast you have started from somewhere by humiliating him in front of his family.

This is the mistake women make, they fail to do necessary checks before getting married.

They forget that marriage is a no going back tin.

I hope single ladies will learn a lesson or two about looking before leaping.

Finally, I will advise you Op to rather open the business for him.

INstead of giving him a huge amount to do that by himself. My suggestions are, opening a provisions store for him or buying him a taxi.

And make sure you make him understand that after the business you will be changing your account passwords which you should do.

You have to be ruthless if need be here but, never ever discuss your marriage with family again cos that is why you are an adult.

If he kicks you out which is the worst thing he can do then, you will know you tried.

I pray that peace will return to your marriage. And learn to be impervious to neighbours comments cos in the event that he walks out on your marriage the neighbours are likely to make you an item of their discussion.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: ............. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
InesQor:

smiley You're very wise for your age. I like that.

It's InesQor!!! Long time!! HugsHugsHugs!!! Hope you're good?

Thank You. tongue
Re: ............. by StateOfMind: 6:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
stillwater:

But in this case he spends money like no man's business and has full access to her accounts. A right most housewives have no access to.
As the responsible member and head of the family, that is the OP since the husband has relinquished all rights to provide, then she needs to seize such access, before this family goes bankrupt. Put him on a typical allowance and let him take care of the house and kids. Unfortunately she married a house husband, start treating him like one. Open a small kiosk for him so he can be selling indomie, biscuit and chewing gum etc. grin

Lmao...nice one!
Re: ............. by StateOfMind: 7:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Guitarlife: So many feminists on this thread but how disturbing to see them speaking from both sides of their mouth.

Would you advice in this manner if the roles were reversed ?

If it was the woman that had been jobless for so long, would you have seen anything wrong in that ?

I keep shouting that men and women are not equal and that they can never be.

I thought y'all said women = men so let them do what the man does, you begin to raise dust huh ?

What exactly do you women want ?

@Op trust me, unless a miracle happens your marriage is dead already because you are gonna receive on this thread enough confidence to walk out on your marriage with some women even linning up to award you a medal of honour for that.

But remember, he maybe lazy, decietful, cunning, hopeless, unpresentable.

He is also one thing, your husband.

And I hope you understand what that means ?

Its true you are the one paying the bills in your home, why don't you go ahead and tell every one on your street too.

Atleast you have started from somewhere by humiliating him in front of his family.

This is the mistake women make, they fail to do necessary checks before getting married.

They forget that marriage is a no going back tin.

I hope single ladies will learn a lesson or two about looking before leaping.

Finally, I will advise you Op to rather open the business for him.

INstead of giving him a huge amount to do that by himself. My suggestions are, opening a provisions store for him or buying him a taxi.

And make sure you make him understand that after the business you will be changing your account passwords which you should do.

You have to be ruthless if need be here but, never ever discuss your marriage with family again cos that is why you are an adult.

If he kicks you out which is the worst thing he can do then, you will know you tried.

I pray that peace will return to your marriage. And learn to be impervious to neighbours comments cos in the event that he walks out on your marriage the neighbours are likely to make you an item of their discussion.

Goodluck!

No, the question is would you encourage such if roles were switched? How can a grown up man refuse to be responsible? Can you do such and still retain your masculinity? Did you all masculinsts read the part where the woman borrowed her bro's money for him even before the marriage? She paid back most of the debt? Paid house rent for 2years, lent him 2.5 mill for business that went down the drain? Sought different job applications for him? Encouraged him to continue his education and retake his failed exams? Even offered to pay? Paid no dime for her post natal? Yet she's still giving him access to her account, he withdraws anyhow from her account with her atm cards, transfers money online as he pleases. N now a working class woman is broke just because of a leech she calls husband. Yet, she has remained 'submissive' by not withdrawing all these privileges.

Tell me how many husbands would do all of these to their housewives? Tell me if you can allow your own sister or daughter working her fingers to the bone make ends meet to be drained this much by a man.

Come on, be real!

8 Likes

Re: ............. by InesQor(m): 7:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
Yield:

It's InesQor!!! Long time!! HugsHugsHugs!!! Hope you're good?

Thank You. tongue
Lol cheesy Yes I am

*hugs* kiss

1 Like

Re: ............. by omoseun(f): 7:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
My advice to you is quite simple and straight forward, you need to take a stand, I personally don't buy into the idea of you opening a secret account, I would rather prefer you to tell you husband right to his face that you will no longer tolerate his spending spree.

Also collect all your ATM cards from him and just give him little money (that is if he ask for it) because I want to believe he should have some money left with him out of all the millions of naire a blew up.

I don't want to go into my own presonal exprience here, but I know once you do all these, it would hurt a lot at the beiginning because from your write-up you really love him, he would shout at you ( it might even escalate to him abusing you), he would definitly fight back to gain control over your money once more, he might also sweet talk you, just stand your ground and don't give in to him.

Once again, don't indulge him any more, you need to think of yourself and also of your baby. Having a baby is quite expensive and you need to always have enough money in case of emergency.

I wish you all the best.
Re: ............. by dayokanu(m): 7:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
State of mind

Did you read the NB at the bottom of my post? That's my official position about the issue. The first statementin the NB.

also we have million of men who sponsor their wifes education 100% from university.

How many men have turned paupers because of their lazy wife who refused to get a job and still want expensive clothes and jewelries
Re: ............. by dominique(f): 7:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
Where did the reply I typed disappear to angry

Anyways @Dayo, if you read the post well, you'd see that this woman in question has given her husband too much freedom to control her finances. How many men gives their housewives that kind of privilege? (Take a peek at the abused women thread and see what I'm talking about). Honestly, I don't know why you're making it a gender thing. I'm sure the women here will openly speak against an extravagant lazy housewife if the need arises.

1 Like

Re: ............. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
StateOfMind:

No, the question is would you encourage such if roles were switched? How can a grown up man refuse to be responsible? Can you do such and still retain your masculinity? Did you all masculinsts read the part where the woman borrowed her bro's money from her even before the marriage? She paid back most of the debt? Paid house rent for 2years, lent him 2.5 mill for business that went down the drain? Sought different job applications for him? Encouraged him to continue his education and retake his failed exams? Even offered to pay? Paid no dime for her post natal? Yet she's still giving him access to her account, he withdraws anyhow from her account with her atm cards, transfers money online as he pleases. N now a working class woman is broke just because of a leech she calls husband. Yet, she has remained 'submissive' by not withdrawing all these privileges.

Tell me how many husbands would do all of these to their housewives? Tell me if you can allow your own sister or daughter working her fingers to the bone make ends meet to be drained this much by a man.

Come on, be real!

You need to ask yourself, which kind of woman borrows her boyfriend 2.5 million naira ?

Have you thought of that ?

I have a feeling the Op had to put in everything to get a marriage from this man.

Women, let your men earn you. You will be treated like a trash if you keep throwing yourself at them.

For petes sakes, 2.5million naira as at 7 years ago!!!

More like 5million naira today.

The man is clearly a nonentity but whoose fault is it that @Op chose to marry one ?

I hope single ladies are reading this thread sha ?

1 Like

Re: ............. by Lordlexyy: 7:32pm On Oct 11, 2013
ifyalways: My comment on this thread is : no comment.

More ororo to your elbow sister. God is in control and your miracle is on the way. Love is patient and kind,it does not keep record of evil. A virtuous woman provides for her family, covers her husband with wool and anoints his feet with sweet scented oil.

Patience was patient and that was why Goodluck lead her to Aso rock. Are you ready to enter your own Zion rock sister? Tarry,I say! Tarry and do not grumble.

It is well.
Your spirit is surely bless.
Re: ............. by bukatyne(f): 7:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
Guitarlife:
You need to ask yourself, which kind of woman borrows her boyfriend 2.5 million naira ?

I have a feeling the Op had to put in everything to get a marriage from this man.

Women, let your men earn you. You will be treated like a trash if you keep throwing yourself at them.

The man is clearly a nonentity but whoose fault is it that @Op chose to marry one ?

As rare as it is to agree with you, I quite agree with your post esp. the bolded.

Most of these signs are clear during courtship
Re: ............. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
is this what some people live with and call it marriage? God forbid bad things.
while reading this, i was just shaking my head. it amazes me the kind of real stories i read on nairaland. am sorry OP that i don't have any meaningful contribution.i only pray God sees u through it all. this is beyond me.
Re: ............. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
bukatyne:

As rare as it is to agree with you, I quite agree with your post esp. the bolded.

Most of these signs are clear during courtship
and you couldn't gimme a like huh ? Lol.
Now go back and do the needful.
Re: ............. by dominique(f): 7:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
Guitarlife:

Ok let's reverse roles shall we? Is it unheard of for a man to set his fiance up with a business of that anount? At the time, the woman felt she was securing their future. My only grouse was that she used someone eles's money.

I believe you missed out the parts where the woman listed his positive aspects. Also the part where she said he had a job at the time they were married. Oh! she was so wrong in believing in his dreams abi?

I hope single ladies are reading this thread sha?

One minute, you guys will say Naija women only knows about money and are too materialistic, now you're expecting single ladies to shine their eyes. What exactly do you men want?

1 Like

Re: ............. by StateOfMind: 8:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
Guitarlife:

Its you na, your aim is to make sure this woman gets most of the blame, make conclusion, call her names indirectly and be asking if ladies are learning, like you know it all already cos you are a 'man'.

Op thought she did what was best for the man she loved (I do not know the level of their relationship then)..note: I would never do such. After marriage, as a 'good wife', she tried to support him and help him grow academically and financially, the man no yield anything. She overindulged him and now She has realised her mistakes, frustrated and looking for a way out and people are suggesting what I call the obvious solution and your own first response was to play the gender card. And you are still suggesting she gets this man a car for public transport? From which savings biko? The empty one? Or she should borrow again? With a baby in the home now? And you still mentioned if the man sends her packing? From which house? The one she's been paying for?

Abegi! I know you guitar, and I don't have the strength to go in circles, but I stay clear from men with your kinda orientation. We are two extremes.

Op, you know what to do. It is not to late to right your wrong. No one has suggested you walk away from your marriage or be rude to your hubby. Almost everyone has told you to stop indulging this man. Do the right thing. The response\attitude you get from him weeks after that will determine your next line of action. Goodluck.

5 Likes

Re: ............. by Tinkybabe(f): 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Lordlexyy: Your spirit is surely bless.

Hahaha..how I wish you can see beyond your nose.The word is SARCASM!
Re: ............. by Caracta(f): 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Madam, keep holding on. I was about to advise you to stop feeding him, but then....not too good.

He depends on you because he understands you are comfortable. I think you need to do something about that. You need to apply wisdom here. Talk to people to get a job for him...could be your boss, pastor, family friend, anybody.

If that doesn't work, have a serious talk with him. He is your husband, and by now, you should know how to press his buttons. Let him know your current state and what you have decided to do if things should continue the way they are.

Most importantly, let him stay away from business. It is not his calling.

All the best.
Re: ............. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
dominique:

Ok let's reverse roles shall we? Is it unheard of for a man to set his fiance up with a business of that anount? At the time, the woman felt she was securing their future. My only grouse was that she used someone eles's money.

I believe you missed out the parts where the woman listed his positive aspects. Also the part where she said he had a job at the time they were married. Oh! she was so wrong in believing in his dreams abi?

One minute, you guys will say Naija women only knows about money and are too materialistic, now you're expecting single ladies to shine their eyes. What exactly do you men want?
Please try and be objective for once.

A woman went out of her way to borrow her boyfriend (not even husband o) 2.5million naira (as at 7 years ago).

Not even her own money, and you wanna tell me nothing is wrong with that ?

You need to be ashamed of yourself for being such a brazen hypocrite.

If you do not see anything wrong in that then I guess there is no point trying to make you.

Its simply a lost cause.

Its fine if you wanna defend the Op but please, stop playing on our collective intelligence in this section.
Re: ............. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
dayokanu: ^^^Would you be in support of a man who does exactly the same to a non working wife?

Yes! I've zero tolerance for leeches with wasteful attitude ontop of it all.

I, A woman, won't sit at home, do nothing to help the family financially and then lavish my husband's money. Its a very bad attitude.

1 Like

Re: ............. by Atawewe27: 8:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
All i can say is........
May God deliver us from figure head husbands. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: ............. by greatgod2012(f): 8:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
@post.......speechless!
@op, no comment! more grease to your elbow.

#s=..........

1 Like

Re: ............. by Waspy(m): 8:32pm On Oct 11, 2013
No one is looking at the bright side of this situation?
So long the lazy hubby is broke, there are less chances for him to be keeping Oloshos and Runz Girls nao...Abi how una see am?
Re: ............. by Caracta(f): 8:34pm On Oct 11, 2013
Waspy: No one is looking at the bright side of this situation?
So long the lazy hubby is broke, there are less chances for him to be keeping Oloshos and Runz Girls nao...Abi how una see am?

Lol...some men don't need money to cheat. I was told pr0sti.tues at Zone 2 charge 150 bucks per night, as at 2009. Pretty cheap, i think.
Re: ............. by otipoju(m): 8:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
Your husband makes me want to puke
Re: ............. by dayokanu(m): 8:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
StateOfMind:
Paid house rent for 2years, lent him 2.5 mill for business that went down the drain? Sought different job applications for him? Encouraged him to continue his education and retake his failed exams? Even offered to pay? Paid no dime for her post natal? Yet she's still giving him access to her account, he withdraws anyhow from her account with her atm cards, transfers money online as he pleases. N now a working class woman is broke just because of a leech she calls husband. Yet, she has remained 'submissive' by not withdrawing all these privileges.

Come on, be real!

WHich of the above dont Nigerian men do to their wifes regularly?

is it sponsoring their education totally from secondary school till masters?

Paying rents for all their life? Opening shops for their wifes yet still have access to every money in the house?

If it were a housewife you all would come up with excuses . Now the shoe is on the other foot see vexing

The bottom line is its bad for any partner to leech on another permanently whether man or woman

I would see the next housewife thread and responses from the same posters on this thread who are threatening fire and brimstone
Re: ............. by dayokanu(m): 8:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
Phema:

Yes! I've zero tolerance for leeches with wasteful attitude ontop of it all.

I, A woman, won't sit at home, do nothing to help the family financially and then lavish my husband's money. Its a very bad attitude.

For every man that do this, we have 60 women who do exactly the same
Re: ............. by dominique(f): 9:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
Guitarlife: Please try and be objective for once.

A woman went out of her way to borrow her boyfriend (not even husband o) 2.5million naira (as at 7 years ago).

Not even her own money, and you wanna tell me nothing is wrong with that ?

You need to be ashamed of yourself for being such a brazen hypocrite.

If you do not see anything wrong in that then I guess there is no point trying to make you.

Its simply a lost cause.

Its fine if you wanna defend the Op but please, stop playing on our collective intelligence in this section.

If you read my post well, you would see that I condemned the idea of the woman using her brother's money to fund her fiance's dreams. I personally don't see anything wrong in helping to make your future partner's dream a reality. Like SoM said, we don't know the full details of their relationship was, but for her to put so much money into his business, she must have believed in him so much.
Why not be you be objective? All I see you is heaping the blame on the woman as if its entirely her fault (she did have a share of the blame but adults should take responsibility for their actions). Or are you indirectly mad at her for breaking the 'naija babe are money hungry leeches' stereotype?
And please, point out the part of my post that suggests hypocrisy.

@DK, true most guys have made the sacrifices the op has made but how many of them let their housewives control their money?

3 Likes

Re: ............. by dontgivafuck: 9:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
dayokanu:

WHich of the above dont Nigerian men do to their wifes regularly?

is it sponsoring their education totally from secondary school till masters?

Paying rents for all their life? Opening shops for their wifes yet still have access to every money in the house?

If it were a housewife you all would come up with excuses . Now the shoe is on the other foot see vexing

The bottom line is its bad for any partner to leech on another permanently whether man or woman

I would see the next housewife thread and responses from the same posters on this thread who are threatening fire and brimstone

My dear get this which u have failed to get: It is d responsibility/Duty//obligation of the Husband to take care of his wife n kids Intoto no exceptions be u muslim/xtian/trad worshipper/jewish/Atheist

D only person being hypocritical on this thread is YoU for equating d financial obligations of a man in marriage to that of a Woman. A man must do his Duty by his wife n kids n woman has no such Obligations. Based on this particular premise wch is as true n infallible as night n day according to all man made laws n religious/traditional ones all these Rubbish u re spewing here abt if d roles were reversd are balberdash.

If u are so pained by the natural benefits women get by the virtue of their sex then go for a sex change or much easier migrate to india where a woman will marry u n u rear kids for her n she will take care of U

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Is Mother's Day Celebrated In Nigeria? / What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? / Is It Wrong For A Man To Make Love To His Wife Few Weeks After Childbirth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.